Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Closing In (Nick)
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 08:07 AM (4,646 Views)
Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

When Ashley Benson played Abby, Nick and Abby were close. I think KM and BB only shared a few short scenes together. I was also confused about what KM was talking about in the article. It didn't make sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

jam6242
May 2 2014, 01:06 PM
Dorothy595
May 2 2014, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry, but I think Nick isn't going to die after being shot. I think the writers will just make it look like he did. Maybe everyone's secrets will come out and when Nick does return he has nothing on anyone. ROFL Justing thinking....
Is Burris leaving the show? I haven't heard that he was.
He hasn't given anything away. Someone is definitely killed according to the spoilers. Supposedly a major character. And all the suspects are Nick haters. The only hope I have that it isn't Nick is because his murder would be too obvious.
well SOD doesn't give away who's shot, next week's NBC promo does...
I'm not surprised by the victim at all...

Actually the victim being Nick wouldn't be to obvious who the killer is
yes Gabi is very likely but
AS tapes her final scenes at some point this month
JS taped his final scenes w Days today
So
Gabi
EJ
Sami
Percy possible too
All three or four of these are viable where the wouldn't have to explain any lack of prison time for a character who is sticking around the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Is it possible the victim is Gabi and not Nick?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Laufeyson
May 3 2014, 02:35 AM
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 3 2014, 04:01 AM
Laufeyson
May 3 2014, 02:35 AM
exactly and Gabi is standing no where near
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I can safely say its not nostalgia. Blake Berris is great and Nick has tons of potential as a character. More than Will, IMO. With Sami leaving that is Will's whole life. His life revolves around how Sami can wreck it for him and give him little parts in her stories. Maybe they should have had Will get shot and killed instead.

Will and Sonny can't have a story of their own, Sonny would be better with a new guy and he wouldn't have to be tied to the baby because Gabi would be out of town or in prison and Will would be dead.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, May 3 2014, 09:06 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aquarius
Member Avatar

Nick's storyline is one of the story lines that's keeping me interested in the show. He's really on a rampage.

How will Days fair out once there's no more EJ, Sami, Nick, and Gabi? Of course there's others, but stories surrounding these characters are making the show worth while.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DiMeraFan67
May 3 2014, 09:06 AM
I can safely say its not nostalgia. Blake Berris is great and Nick has tons of potential as a character.
This. Blake Berris, at least in my viewpoint, is a good enough actor (like AZ) to play nuances to Nick to equal the bad guy on the road to redemption, with some slipping along the way. It wouldn't necessarily have to be the "bad guy gone totally good" arc. But that would call for good writing. I guess I just find the actor an character much more intriguing than Will and Sonny. I honestly think there's a little fear in letting Will and Sonny go a little snarky or bad, for whatever reason. I find characters like that boring. I would much rather see conflict in which there are parts that make me MAD about both parties, but parts I like about both parties. I don't have that with Will and Sonny. They're just...........there. I'm not going to celebrate them for socially progressive purposes any more than I would bringing in any other diversity in which the characters make me snooze, only because TPTB brought them in for reasons of being "socially progressive". Might as well give me Sarah Palin. I can't stand her, but you gotta admit, her controversy can be dang entertaining!
I really wish sometimes that Nick would have been written as a "homophobe" of the type who is secretly questioning his own sexuality. I think Berris would have kicked that one out of the park, but that's more for Law and Order SVU, I suppose. Too hot for daytime.
Edited by ladyofthelake, May 3 2014, 11:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah Will has been groomed as THE future lead of this show for years and years and its obviously not going to happen at this point. They play him too safe now because of his relationship with Sonny. At least if Will would have gotten shot and killed then Sonny could have went really Kiriakis for a while.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 3 2014, 11:15 AM
DiMeraFan67
I can safely say its not nostalgia. Blake Berris is great and Nick has tons of potential as a character.
This. Blake Berris, at least in my viewpoint, is a good enough actor (like AZ) to play nuances to Nick to equal the bad guy on the road to redemption, with some slipping along the way. It wouldn't necessarily have to be the "bad guy gone totally good" arc. But that would call for good writing. I guess I just find the actor an character much more intriguing than Will and Sonny. I honestly think there's a little fear in letting Will and Sonny go a little snarky or bad, for whatever reason. I find characters like that boring. I would much rather see conflict in which there are parts that make me MAD about both parties, but parts I like about both parties. I don't have that with Will and Sonny. They're just...........there. I'm not going to celebrate them for socially progressive purposes any more than I would bringing in any other diversity in which the characters make me snooze, only because TPTB brought them in for reasons of being "socially progressive". Might as well give me Sarah Palin. I can't stand her, but you gotta admit, her controversy can be dang entertaining!
I really wish sometimes that Nick would have been written as a "homophobe" of the type who is secretly questioning his own sexuality. I think Berris would have kicked that one out of the park, but that's more for Law and Order SVU, I suppose. Too hot for daytime.
I would have loved to have seen Nick in "A Beautiful Mind" type of story, struggling to fight mental illness. If Days is so high on social issues why not tackle that one? But obviously that would be too complicated for this writing crew. At this point, I don't even care who pulls the trigger. I will always associate this group with Nick's destruction so I'm going to have resentment for all them, to varying degrees. And the hypocrisy of some of them is mind boggling. The only consolation I have is that my all-time favorite Days character (Julie, another flawed character) sees him the way I do.
Edited by jam6242, May 3 2014, 11:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

jam6242
May 3 2014, 11:35 AM
ladyofthelake
DiMeraFan67
I would have loved to have seen Nick in "A Beautiful Mind" type of story, struggling to fight mental illness. If Days is so high on social issues why not tackle that one? But obviously that would be too complicated for this writing crew. At this point, I don't even care who pulls the trigger. I will always associate this group with Nick's destruction so I'm going to have resentment for all them, to varying degrees. And the hypocrisy of some of them is mind boggling. The only consolation I have is that my all-time favorite Days character (Julie, another flawed character) sees him the way I do.
I'm not trying to argue here -- you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm not trying to get you to agree with mine. But the way you see him isn't the way that he's being written. It's not the way that he's been written for a very long time -- longer, at this point, than he has been written to be the way you see him. That's why it comes across as waxing nostalgic to me. It's sort of like someone wistfully thinking about what could have been if Will had been straight and available to romance Paige (or whomever). He's not straight, so musing about what could have happened if he were is an exercise in futility.

Likewise, Nick isn't a sweet, likable character anymore. I'd say "in my opinion" there, but it's not even really an opinion, from where I'm standing -- I can't see how anyone who doesn't know the 2006 version of Nick could possibly see the 2012-2014 version of Nick as anything other than an obsessive, possessive, manipulative, controlling creep (and let's not forget the attempted rapist and murderer things). It's not even about Nick being "mean" to "poor Will" or "poor Sonny" or "poor Sami" or "poor E.J." or "poor Kate". He's not nice to Gabi -- manipulating someone and trying to control their entire life, subtly or not, isn't "nice". He's not even nice to family members like Julie, Hope, and Maggie -- he's manipulating and lying to them just as much as everyone else. The only person he's possibly being nice to at this point is Percy, and even that seems like it is being done purely for selfish reasons (to "stick it to" Kate).

Nick's just not that guy anymore, and he has shown no real desire to change (whining about how no one will believe that he has doesn't count). You can blame it on the writers, you can blame it on the producers, you can even blame it on Melanie or Will and Sonny, but it is what it is. And the writers had just as much of a right to tell this story as they did to tell a "redemption" story about Nick. This one seems more believable and realistic to me, given Nick's history. A dissociative identity disorder storyline is about the only thing I can think of that would have been even more realistic. But really, I doubt that Nick would have even been brought back in the first place if it weren't for Melanie's departure and Gabi's pregnancy storyline. The writers just don't seem that interested in who Nick possibly might have been nearly eight years ago.
Edited by Will&Sonny, May 3 2014, 02:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Will&Sonny
May 3 2014, 02:00 PM
jam6242
ladyofthelake
DiMeraFan67
I'm not trying to argue here -- you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm not trying to get you to agree with mine. But the way you see him isn't the way that he's being written. It's not the way that he's been written for a very long time -- longer, at this point, than he has been written to be the way you see him. That's why it comes across as waxing nostalgic to me. It's sort of like someone wistfully thinking about what could have been if Will had been straight and available to romance Paige (or whomever). He's not straight, so musing about what could have happened if he were is an exercise in futility.

Likewise, Nick isn't a sweet, likable character anymore. I'd say "in my opinion" there, but it's not even really an opinion, from where I'm standing -- I can't see how anyone who doesn't know the 2006 version of Nick could possibly see the 2012-2014 version of Nick as anything other than an obsessive, possessive, manipulative, controlling creep (and let's not forget the attempted rapist and murderer things). It's not even about Nick being "mean" to "poor Will" or "poor Sonny" or "poor Sami" or "poor E.J." or "poor Kate". He's not nice to Gabi -- manipulating someone and trying to control their entire life, subtly or not, isn't "nice". He's not even nice to family members like Julie, Hope, and Maggie -- he's manipulating and lying to them just as much as everyone else. The only person he's possibly being nice to at this point is Percy, and even that seems like it is being done purely for selfish reasons (to "stick it to" Kate).

Nick's just not that guy anymore, and he has shown no real desire to change (whining about how no one will believe that he has doesn't count). You can blame it on the writers, you can blame it on the producers, you can even blame it on Melanie or Will and Sonny, but it is what it is. And the writers had just as much of a right to tell this story as they did to tell a "redemption" story about Nick. This one seems more believable and realistic to me, given Nick's history. A dissociative identity disorder storyline is about the only thing I can think of that would have been even more realistic. But really, I doubt that Nick would have even been brought back in the first place if it weren't for Melanie's departure and Gabi's pregnancy storyline. The writers just don't seem that interested in who Nick possibly might have been nearly eight years ago.
And what's wrong with waxing nostalgic, if this is how you would like to categorize it? Although, I do believe our recollections of Nick's earlier "obsession" with Chelsea is different. And, again, why not explore the mental illness aspect of it, since it does run in his family? Again, I feel like this was a missed opportunity.
Shoot, if they would give Will and Sonny more angst, battling against true homophobia, someone who would not officiate, family clashes against their marriage, more of what TRULY happens, I might enjoy them more as well.
As for the writers' interest, to me, it seems they have a narrow, limited interest range to begin with. Look at the characters who are getting shortchanged, or, should I say, the fans of characters who are getting shortchanged only for a focus on a limited few?
Tomato, tomahto.
You are just lucky that the writers seem to be somewhat interested in writing for Will and Sonny to be the angsty couple. Their angst just sucks right now. I'm sure there are several of us wishing we had that luck. :shrug: In the meantime, I'm not totally swayed by your argument, only because the topic is subjective and we have no solid premises to support the validity or logic of our arguments.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

ladyofthelake
May 3 2014, 02:36 PM
Will&Sonny
jam6242
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

And what's wrong with waxing nostalgic, if this is how you would like to categorize it?
There's nothing wrong with it. There's also nothing wrong with a person sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la" in response to something that they don't want to hear, but it's not exactly productive. Wistfully recalling how Nick once was isn't going to change how Nick now is, just like sticking one's fingers in one's ears and pretending not to hear bad news won't make that bad news go away.

I guess I'm just a realist. :shrug:
Edited by Will&Sonny, May 3 2014, 02:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 3 2014, 02:45 PM
ladyofthelake
Will&Sonny
jam6242

And what's wrong with waxing nostalgic, if this is how you would like to categorize it?
There's nothing wrong with it. There's also nothing wrong with a person sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la" in response to something that they don't want to hear, but it's not exactly productive. Wistfully recalling how Nick once was isn't going to change how Nick now is, just like sticking one's fingers in one's ears and pretending not to hear bad news won't make that bad news go away.

Or maybe some of us believe in the whole person concept? :shrug: And what has Nick done that warrants the death penalty?
Offline Profile Goto Top

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 3 2014, 02:45 PM
ladyofthelake
Will&Sonny
jam6242

:hail:

Thanks for the laugh. It's so true though. Loved your previous post, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

It's interesting that Blake Berris doesn't see Nick as a good guy who deserves sympathy. He actually said that Nick would "blow his brains out" if he were to write Nick's demise.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 3 2014, 03:31 PM
It's interesting that Blake Berris doesn't see Nick as a good guy who deserves sympathy. He actually said that Nick would "blow his brains out" if he were to write Nick's demise.
Because he's tortured. I don't see how that ending means that he doesn't think he deserves sympathy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 3 2014, 03:33 PM
Kaha
Because he's tortured. I don't see how that ending means that he doesn't think he deserves sympathy.
Well, I wouldn't want tortured people to kill themselves. I want them to get proper treatment and support.

It doesn't sound like he thinks Nick deserved redemption.
Edited by Kaha, May 3 2014, 03:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Kaha
Yeah, Blake recently retweeted a fan blog of someone who is sympathetic to Nick for reasons similar to the ones some of us have stated here and essentially told her that she got Nick and that her concept of Nick was what he had been aiming for.

Blake also has said that he was shocked when the writers told him that Nick was going to be a homophobe because he also didn't think that was in Nick's character.

Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 3 2014, 03:36 PM
DiMeraFan67
Kaha
Well, I wouldn't want tortured people to kill themselves. I want them to get proper treatment and support.

It doesn't sound like thinks Nick deserved redemption.
I think Nick feels the same way because, with few exceptions, he's been made to feel worthless. And actually, although I would still be devastated, a suicide would be more in line with Nick's character and would be easier for me to accept than being gunned down by a town full of hypocrites (and yes, I know, all of them don't take a shot). Maybe Nick hired someone to kill him? I guess that's not out of the realm of possibility.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic