Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kate and Jordan's showdown
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 08:11 AM (2,980 Views)
Ophelia
Member Avatar

Kate! You are a grown-ass woman! Stop it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
May 2 2014, 08:17 AM
Ellie
May 2 2014, 08:11 AM
This week's SOD features an article on Kate and Jordan.

Jordan is shocked that Kate broke into her apartment and found out about the aliases she's used.

The ladies have a physical altercation. Lauren Koslow shares that "it's reminiscent of the fights Kate has had with Vivian and Sami".

Jordan then worries that Kate will tell Rafe what she found, so Jordan decides to leave Salem. Kate is thrilled with that possibility, as she's worried for Rafe's safety.

Check out the latest Digest for details!

And Kate's motivation is that she's worried about Rafe's safety? Sorry, don't buy it..not what we've seen play out on our screen. Kate has been acting like a jealous ex, not a worried friend.
it's the biggest dose of cocking bull!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I wish I cared. This story has been boring from the start. I don't think Jordan could be any more dull; there is nothing interesting about her.

am103
Member Avatar

Comparing Kate and Jordan's fight to Kate/Vivian and Kate/Sami?

:mutley:

I'd like to see that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

The way the writers have handled this mystery is both disappointing and frustrating. Why won't they write the story and let it play out? They hit a nice stride in December with a lot of charming scenes for Rafe and Jordan. Bringing Sheryl was great and the four actors worked well together, but her addition told us nothing! Sure Kate got a snippet of info about the Ozarks, but we got zilch on what happened in Birmingham that caused the rift between the friends. They just glided over it and had the girls patch things up easy-peasy without a single conversation to enlighten us. Sheryl is out and Ben is in and its the same damn thing. Short scenes spread out over weeks with nothing but double talk. How could we not lose interest? Paying attention to the conversation yields NO results. Every time we get our hopes up that something is going to happen to move the story, nothing does. For month upon month we've had no meaty information to open the door on what happened to this woman.

This article is frustrating because I believed Kate was finally going to pounce with some new information. How foolish of me. It's about the damn IDs we've seen a million times. So what? Jordan already knew Kate had it in for her. Now she knows how low she'll stoop to get dirt. Throwing in a catfight and having Jordan flee doesn't add excitement to the story. It's filler in a story they just won't tell.

I don't want Jordan to leave the show. I want them to get her through this plodding story and let her shine in a well paced better one because Chrishell has talent. It's the writers that are failing her here.

I also find it highly laughable that LK is taking the stance that these are Kate's noble attempts to just keep Rafe safe. I'm sure that's Kate's only motivation. ;)

pav123

Lil
May 2 2014, 09:12 AM
I don't even care who Jordan is at this point. She bores me to tears. And Ben is even more uninteresting than she is, if that's possible. Ugh.

I don't care for either of these characters. I'm sorry that the writers can't get their thoughts straight, but at this point, I'd like to see them both gone.
Edited by pav123, May 2 2014, 09:10 PM.

phloe3

Quote:

And Kate's motivation is that she's worried about Rafe's safety? Sorry, don't buy it..not what we've seen play out on our screen. Kate has been acting like a jealous ex, not a worried friend.

word. LK spins it like JL does in her interviews. JL acts like Teresa is so genuine about Brady and doesn't want his money, but on screen, she does want his money. LK spins it that Kate is not still into Rafe, but is worried about Jordan working for Stefano. On screen, she acts jealous

LuvCoffee
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
May 2 2014, 08:17 AM
Ellie
May 2 2014, 08:11 AM
This week's SOD features an article on Kate and Jordan.

Jordan is shocked that Kate broke into her apartment and found out about the aliases she's used.

The ladies have a physical altercation. Lauren Koslow shares that "it's reminiscent of the fights Kate has had with Vivian and Sami".

Jordan then worries that Kate will tell Rafe what she found, so Jordan decides to leave Salem. Kate is thrilled with that possibility, as she's worried for Rafe's safety.

Check out the latest Digest for details!

I agree, I liked Kate but she's looking too desperate.

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

phloe3
May 2 2014, 09:32 PM
Quote:

word. LK spins it like JL does in her interviews. JL acts like Teresa is so genuine about Brady and doesn't want his money, but on screen, she does want his money. LK spins it that Kate is not still into Rafe, but is worried about Jordan working for Stefano. On screen, she acts jealous
I would imagine, as an actor, it would be hard to know what is motivating Kate. LK is always in Kate's corner, and as an actor, I think you always have to find some way to identify with your character. Kate 'protecting Rafe,' though an incredibly stupid motive, is the only angle in which Kate looks slightly sane. She hated the Kate/Daniel/Chloe storyline, and with the writing being so terribly similar in this storyline, I'm sure Lauren has decided to take Kate's word on this. The alternative is just too depressing.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

KateDiMera
May 3 2014, 09:26 AM
phloe3
May 2 2014, 09:32 PM
Quote:

I would imagine, as an actor, it would be hard to know what is motivating Kate. LK is always in Kate's corner, and as an actor, I think you always have to find some way to identify with your character. Kate 'protecting Rafe,' though an incredibly stupid motive, is the only angle in which Kate looks slightly sane. She hated the Kate/Daniel/Chloe storyline, and with the writing being so terribly similar in this storyline, I'm sure Lauren has decided to take Kate's word on this. The alternative is just too depressing.
The problem I have with this is that if LK hates how Kate is being portrayed in this storyline and therefore is spouting Kate's word of only protecting Rafe as the motivation then why make acting choices that contradict them? She could play the concerned friend similarly to Nicole, Hope and Sami. LK instead eyes Rafe up and down at every opportunity. We've seen her coo and flirt numerous times. Was it scripted for her to kiss his cheek recently? I have a feeling that was all LK. She's acting like a woman eager to pick up a sexual relationship once again with him and her obstacle to that pleasure is Jordan. I think if Lauren is going to play it that way she should own it.

camera shy

magicsteacher
May 2 2014, 08:45 AM
What happened to the info that Kate found out about Jordan and the Ozarks from her minion?
I saw in 'comings and goings' over at SOC that a character named Jeramiah shows up in July and I'm going just by the name that he's from the Ozark and that's who Jordan and Ben are running from.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

camera shy
May 3 2014, 09:13 PM
magicsteacher
May 2 2014, 08:45 AM
What happened to the info that Kate found out about Jordan and the Ozarks from her minion?
I saw in 'comings and goings' over at SOC that a character named Jeramiah shows up in July and I'm going just by the name that he's from the Ozark and that's who Jordan and Ben are running from.
JULY?! :frustration:

They really are out to tank this story if that's the case. ^o)

King
Member Avatar

Does anyone care about Jordan? Anyone?

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Is this the part where Kate drops an actual bomb on Jordan? lol. One can only hope.

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Lil
May 2 2014, 09:08 AM
WHY is Kate being wasted on this crap?
Omg, THIS. I am so fucking sick of Kate being stuck in this epic fail of a story. The pace of the story is the worst ever, Jordan is as dull as can be, Kate's motivation for continuing to pursue Jordan's secrets are incredibly weak and lame . . . c'mon, Days. Rafe was not the love of Kate' life. So not believable. Kate deserves SO much better.

Kaha
Member Avatar

BigFat Irish Head
May 4 2014, 04:23 PM
Lil
May 2 2014, 09:08 AM
WHY is Kate being wasted on this crap?
Omg, THIS. I am so fucking sick of Kate being stuck in this epic fail of a story. The pace of the story is the worst ever, Jordan is as dull as can be, Kate's motivation for continuing to pursue Jordan's secrets are incredibly weak and lame . . . c'mon, Days. Rafe was not the love of Kate' life. So not believable. Kate deserves SO much better.
What's worse, while she's inexplicably focusing on Rafe's boring girlfriend, Kate is being blackmailed by Nick fucking Fallon. We're supposed to believe that Kate is using her PI to investigate Rafe's girlfriend instead of finding a way to turn the tables on Nick.

King
Member Avatar

Koslow has been wasted for 18 months!

Keith
Member Avatar

King
May 5 2014, 10:42 AM
Koslow has been wasted for 18 months!
She's been wasted for far longer than that.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

There have been a handful of fun scenes with Sami since last fall so that has certainly helped balance out the other half of the time when Kate's out for Jordan and her little cat, too.

My problem with the "protecting Rafe" angle is that Kate usually does extreme things for her children, not her lovers. Playing the part of a desperate/jealous woman has never worked for Kate, and unfortunately, it's now happened enough times that I fear it is no longer OOC for her to obsess like this. Friend, lover, whatever, it just doesn't make sense to me that Kate would go this far out of her way for someone that is not her child. After 18 years, I'm sure LK would rather believe Kate's doing this out of concern and not jealously... but it's probably somewhere in the middle.
Edited by fenderbabe, May 5 2014, 11:19 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

fenderbabe
May 5 2014, 11:19 AM
There have been a handful of fun scenes with Sami since last fall so that has certainly helped balance out the other half of the time when Kate's out for Jordan and her little cat, too.

My problem with the "protecting Rafe" angle is that Kate usually does extreme things for her children, not her lovers. Playing the part of a desperate/jealous woman has never worked for Kate, and unfortunately, it's now happened enough times that I fear it is no longer OOC for her to obsess like this. Friend, lover, whatever, it just doesn't make sense to me that Kate would go this far out of her way for someone that is not her child. After 18 years, I'm sure LK would rather believe Kate's doing this out of concern and not jealously... but it's probably somewhere in the middle.
The ONLY way ANY of this 'protecting Rafe' makes sense if it was just an excuse used by the writers to create a perfect way to have Kate and Jordan be at odds for years to come because Jordan will eventually end up with Lucas and you know how that always has to happen...Kate always has to hate the girl who is sleeping with Lucas...so it fits.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply