Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kate and Jordan's showdown
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 08:11 AM (2,901 Views)
fenderbabe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 5 2014, 11:28 AM
fenderbabe
May 5 2014, 11:19 AM
There have been a handful of fun scenes with Sami since last fall so that has certainly helped balance out the other half of the time when Kate's out for Jordan and her little cat, too.

My problem with the "protecting Rafe" angle is that Kate usually does extreme things for her children, not her lovers. Playing the part of a desperate/jealous woman has never worked for Kate, and unfortunately, it's now happened enough times that I fear it is no longer OOC for her to obsess like this. Friend, lover, whatever, it just doesn't make sense to me that Kate would go this far out of her way for someone that is not her child. After 18 years, I'm sure LK would rather believe Kate's doing this out of concern and not jealously... but it's probably somewhere in the middle.
The ONLY way ANY of this 'protecting Rafe' makes sense if it was just an excuse used by the writers to create a perfect way to have Kate and Jordan be at odds for years to come because Jordan will eventually end up with Lucas and you know how that always has to happen...Kate always has to hate the girl who is sleeping with Lucas...so it fits.
I thought of that when Lucas met Jordan and joked to Kate about her being beautiful. That would be more tolerable to me, but who wants to see a failed attempt to recreate the Lumi/Kate dynamic? Jordan isn't that interesting compared to Lucas/Kate.

Actually, I think the writers screwed up by making Liam the crazy one and not Jordan. It would have been nice to see Jordan turn out to be a REAL threat to Rafe and Kate sense it from the beginning. That way she wouldn't have come off disliking Jordan out of pure jealously.
Edited by fenderbabe, May 5 2014, 11:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 5 2014, 11:28 AM
fenderbabe
May 5 2014, 11:19 AM
There have been a handful of fun scenes with Sami since last fall so that has certainly helped balance out the other half of the time when Kate's out for Jordan and her little cat, too.

My problem with the "protecting Rafe" angle is that Kate usually does extreme things for her children, not her lovers. Playing the part of a desperate/jealous woman has never worked for Kate, and unfortunately, it's now happened enough times that I fear it is no longer OOC for her to obsess like this. Friend, lover, whatever, it just doesn't make sense to me that Kate would go this far out of her way for someone that is not her child. After 18 years, I'm sure LK would rather believe Kate's doing this out of concern and not jealously... but it's probably somewhere in the middle.
The ONLY way ANY of this 'protecting Rafe' makes sense if it was just an excuse used by the writers to create a perfect way to have Kate and Jordan be at odds for years to come because Jordan will eventually end up with Lucas and you know how that always has to happen...Kate always has to hate the girl who is sleeping with Lucas...so it fits.
That's why this all feels so weird. Kate's treating Rafe like he's a helpless child she has to watch over and yet she's coming on to him too.

The only way I would buy the concerned friend angle is if I had ever seen Rafe and Kate building a friendship. That's NEVER been a part of their history. They fucked for 2 months and we hardly witnessed a conversation of any substance between them before he was dumped in a coma. Where's the deep seated friendship in that? There is none. It doesn't fit.

Nicole would have been a much better option to get involved as a concerned friend considering the lengthy history shared and the bonding we watched between them during her entire pregnancy. Rafe was gutted when Nicole lost her baby and right there at her bedside sharing her pain. That's a woman who would want to watch over him in return.

I don't know what they have planned down the road, but I don't think it's just Kate getting the raw end of the stick with this story.

blueskies
Member Avatar

the only thing that can save this story is if,

1. Eve is involved

2. Jordan really did have a sex change.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pav123

KateDiMera
May 3 2014, 09:26 AM
phloe3
May 2 2014, 09:32 PM
Quote:

And Kate's motivation is that she's worried about Rafe's safety? Sorry, don't buy it..not what we've seen play out on our screen. Kate has been acting like a jealous ex, not a worried friend.

Quote:

word. LK spins it like JL does in her interviews. JL acts like Teresa is so genuine about Brady and doesn't want his money, but on screen, she does want his money. LK spins it that Kate is not still into Rafe, but is worried about Jordan working for Stefano. On screen, she acts jealous
I would imagine, as an actor, it would be hard to know what is motivating Kate. LK is always in Kate's corner, and as an actor, I think you always have to find some way to identify with your character. Kate 'protecting Rafe,' though an incredibly stupid motive, is the only angle in which Kate looks slightly sane. She hated the Kate/Daniel/Chloe storyline, and with the writing being so terribly similar in this storyline, I'm sure Lauren has decided to take Kate's word on this. The alternative is just too depressing.

Big fan of Kate. I loved her with Rafe, but realize that was not going to last. I even liked her with Roman, "bad girl" and cop. I don't like her with Stefano. He was her pimp wasn't he? Another misogynistic SL. She needs a good story line and a guy who matches her savvy, wit and attractiveness.
Edited by pav123, May 5 2014, 03:34 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Yea, I'm still gonna want to see her (K) drop on bomb on her (J) so that she explodes....

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Well that was one fierce slap Jordan delivered and well deserved imo. Kate has been a nosy bitch from the minute of Jordan's arrival. Breaking into her apartment and going through Jordan's personal things should earn Kate not only that slap but a good push in the mud to boot! Kate was having the time of her life playing Jordan in front of Rafe at the pub. I hope all this digging blows up in her face!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply