Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide "Logan Rave": Jen Lilley
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 08:19 AM (1,347 Views)
Ellie

This week's TV Guide contains a "Logan Rave" about Days' Jen Lilley.

Michael Logan writes that "there's no greater suds joy these days" than watching Lilley on Days. He praises the character's sense of humor and says that clearly the writers are giving her the best lines, "which she delivers with sex-kitten perfection". That combined with her beauty, he writes, makes her the whole package. He predicts that prime time will get hold of her one day.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freedom

LOL! I would never put "Theresa" and "sex kitten" in the same sentence.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thepadange

Maybe he made a mistake and spoke about Jen Lilley off-screen, not on-screen :shrug: :blulaugh: .

The only character on 'Days' that I see as having a sense of humor and some of the best lines is Victor.

(Well, from 'Days' scriptwriters Richard Culliton seems to be the best at writing humorous lines, IMO).
Edited by thepadange, May 2 2014, 09:06 AM.

metitle
Member Avatar

Ellie

He predicts that prime time will get hold of her one day.
This is like the ultimate kiss of death. Dont jinx the woman like that.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 2 2014, 09:00 AM
Maybe he made a mistake and spoke about Jen Lilley off-screen, not on-screen :shrug: :blulaugh: .

The only character on 'Days' that I see as having a sense of humor and some of the best lines is Victor.

(Well, from 'Days' scriptwriters Richard Culliton seems to be the best at writing humorous lines, IMO).
Have to disagree. Theresa gets some killer one-liners. Sometimes I roll my eyes at them because she throws the digs in so fast and they don't really fit, but I love the way she talks about everyone. No one is safe from her bitchiness.

They just need to get the character completely away from Daniel and Jennifer. They are doing her no favors. I actually felt really bad for her when the trio of idiots (Daniel, Brady, Eric) had her cornered and were going off on her and threatening to take her to the police. Then when she told Daniel that she tried to help him out but he was a jackass, he still didn't accept any blame. Its a joke.

Jen Lilley has killer timing and facial expressions though, they just need to move Theresa along.

SunAngel
Member Avatar

Theresa and Jen Lilley both rule. I think she's going to be the biggest star on this show one day. Not sure about prime time but she's definitely set for life in daytime if she doesn't screw it up somehow.

dibbee224

I also admire Jen Lilley. I like her snotty character, Theresa, because I know how desperate she is all the time. She has never had time to be a good person because she chooses to go to the dark side and then try to get out of it. Jen herself is so stylish, beautiful, and a good actress. She really is a breath of fresh air when you compare her to Jennifer, Abigail, etc. I was lucky to see her in the movie The Book of Esther recently and she was the best thing in it. I hope she stays on Days and that her role is increased. There may be redemption for her one day.

Marsbar

I would really like to read the article on Jen Lilley but it is in the American TV Guide, so I can't. Can anyone post it here?

jam6242
Member Avatar

Marsbar
May 2 2014, 07:27 PM
I would really like to read the article on Jen Lilley but it is in the American TV Guide, so I can't. Can anyone post it here?
I only have the digital version but Ellie pretty much covered it all. It was a very short article.

Kaha
Member Avatar

I love my girl Theresa and I adore Jen Lilly. What's not to love, she's witty, she's smart and she's gorgeous.

Ellie

Marsbar
May 2 2014, 07:27 PM
Though TV Guide hasn't asked us specifically, since so many other magazines have, we're not going to post TV Guide articles word for word either. As jam6242 said, though, it really was a short piece, and I hope I covered all the points.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Jen Lilley as an actress is great, she did a wonderful job on GH, and I was glad Days hired her and she was so promptly picked up by another soap again.

But Thereannie Donovan is a horrible, empty, failed, sorry excuse of a character. There is nothing worth of interest in her, and she will never amount to anything as far as I'm concerned. In short: An epic failure!
Edited by Yoryla, May 4 2014, 03:56 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply