Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
JAMES SCOTT DONE TAPING DAYS!
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 03:21 PM (44,904 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-james-scott-done-days

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE! JAMES SCOTT DONE AT DAYS
By SOD ē Posted: May 2, 2014

After eight years in Salem, James Scott wraps up his run as EJ DiMera today, May 2, though with the show's production schedule, he will air well into the fall. "We are saddened but supportive of James Scott's decision to leave the show after eight years to take some personal time and pursue new projects," said NBC/Corday Productions in a statement to Digest. "His contribution to the show has been tremendous and we wish him the best always." In his own statement, Scott said, "I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to NBC, Sony and Corday, particularly Ken Corday, for the amazing 8 year run on Days of our Lives and for graciously supporting me in my decision in leaving the show to take personal time. To the unbelievably loving fans, I canít begin to express my gratitude for your love and support over the years. I will miss you immensely."
Edited by SocRMum1, May 2 2014, 03:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jezebel
Member Avatar

Holy shit!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mrfixit
Member Avatar

does any one know when Alison Sweeney last tap week I know it's in May
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angelsmile

SocRMum1
May 2 2014, 03:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Wow, well I guess that answers that question.

Not shocked. Thought he'd stick around, but his MF interview answers about a post-AS/Sami Days made me suspicious this week.

So, he's leaving a couple weeks before AS, right? Wonder what that means storyline-wise...
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

mrfixit
May 2 2014, 03:23 PM
I believe according to Jason's list they are dark next week - then she has one week left. I'm sure someone else can confirm better than I can, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Good.

I'm done when James and Ali leave. EJami ARE the only reason I tuned into Days.
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, May 2 2014, 03:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I'm probably not as shocked about this as I should be. What I want to know is what happens to the kids if EJ and Sami are both gone.

(Also, I'm more baffled about the writers tanking Ericole if they weren't planning to pair up Ejole in the wake of AS's departure.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Wow - that was totally unexpected for me!!!

I'll miss EJ and his hotness. Although it was sad for me that it was often squandered on Sami, I'm glad I'll have Ejole and Ejabby memories. ;)

Best of luck to James!
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Good for James! Many things make much more sense now and this seems like the way James would like to exit. No fanfare or drawn out goodbyes. Just boom. Gone.

It was a fun ride, James! Thank you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Not Amused
Member Avatar

I was hoping to see Ej have some kind of existence outside of Sami, I guess that'll never happen now. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I have waited for this day for SEVEN YEARS! :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Wow :o :what:
Offline Profile Goto Top

dixiercat

Can't help but wonder what this means for the Kunitz boys and the girls who play Sydney and Allie...
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 2 2014, 03:24 PM
mrfixit
I believe according to Jason's list they are dark next week - then she has one week left. I'm sure someone else can confirm better than I can, though.
Ok, so she only tapes a few more episodes than he does. Well, the coinciding departures and JS's insistence that Ejami fans would eventually like their storyline makes me think they going out together. Hopefully, Bonnie and Clyde style, LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

spartan
May 2 2014, 03:26 PM
Good for James! Many things make much more sense now and this seems like the way James would like to exit. No fanfare or drawn out goodbyes. Just boom. Gone.

It was a fun ride, James! Thank you.
I completely agree. Things definitely fell into place when I read this.

My biggest (really...only) surprise is that he's done before AS is. I'll be curious to see how that plays out with the storyline.

I wish him nothing but the best. Selfishly I hope he pursues other acting projects - but I'm not entirely sure that will be the case.
Offline Profile Goto Top

happyphairy
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 2 2014, 03:28 PM
SocRMum1
mrfixit
Ok, so she only tapes a few more episodes than he does. Well, the coinciding departures and JS's insistence that Ejami fans would eventually like their storyline makes me think they going out together. Hopefully, Bonnie and Clyde style, LOL.
what about the kids :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 2 2014, 03:28 PM
SocRMum1
mrfixit
How cool would that be? LOL

I suspect they'll leave it somewhat open ended to provide the potential for either or both of them to return either for short or long stays in the future.
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

Hmmm. Surprising and not surprising at the same time.

Why do I now remember KC's excitement that Alison and James can read the phonebook and still be interesting?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic