Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
JAMES SCOTT DONE TAPING DAYS!
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 03:21 PM (44,849 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 6 2014, 03:12 PM
lysie
May 6 2014, 03:00 PM
I would be surprised if BD got more airtime too, but that speculation isn't coming from nowhere. It's based on that DC blind item.
But whose to say who it was about?

Also, that item only stated that that person was "preparing" to get more screentime not that it was a done deal.
Right. I agree. I'm just saying that that's where the speculation is coming from. Not just from the fact that they're leaving.
Online Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Yoryla
lysie
I would be surprised if BD got more airtime too, but that speculation isn't coming from nowhere. It's based on that DC blind item.

Also, that item only stated that that person was "preparing" to get more screentime not that it was a done deal.
Right that's what makes it a blind item and what might arouse speculation (on TOP of the hope, on my part at least, that the two giant and welcomed upcoming vacancies MIGHT maybe hopefully give more space to work with existing characters. But that's a ginormous maybe).
Edited by elci525, May 6 2014, 03:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jezebel
Member Avatar

daysmemories
May 5 2014, 10:48 PM
concerned
May 5 2014, 08:35 PM
happyphairy
May 5 2014, 06:23 PM
Kaha
May 5 2014, 05:50 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
i agree early ejami was super sexy, i think it was all that sexual tension because sami was still denying the fact that she was hot for ej......good tmes!
I thought she really didn't want him and wanted Lucas/Rafe.
Sometimes we see what we want to ;)
That goes for anyone and everyone, clearly.
Edited by Jezebel, May 6 2014, 03:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

elci525
May 6 2014, 03:15 PM
Yoryla
lysie

Right that's what makes it a blind item and what might arouse speculation (on TOP of the hope, on my part at least, that the two giant and welcomed upcoming vacancies MIGHT maybe hopefully give more space to work with existing characters. But that's a ginormous maybe).
To me, it kind of sounded like the person who that item was about thought that due to the upcoming exits he or she would be getting their time in the spotlight, as in that that person has been talking that way backstage after jumping to some conclusions. To me it actually sounded kind of pathetic.

BD actually wasn't at all the first person that came to my mind, I thought about GG being much more likely. Whereas in that case, however, it could even happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

jdawg1077
May 6 2014, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on Lucas getting more storytime. I think he'll remain with the show in a recurring capacity to help prop up characters like Kate and Will. But I don't expect an actual story.

There are characters/actors that the producers seem to either take to, or seem to think aren't viable. For the current Days team, they clearly don't see much use in characters like Lucas or John. They clearly didn't get Jack. They didn't seem to like Tony given the way they killed him off a few years ago (basically the same regime then as now if I'm not mistaken, although I wish they would change their minds and bring him back, especially now) with a stake through the Count's heart. Same with Carrie and Austin, who were unceremoniously dumped.

They *LOVE* characters like Chloe and Melanie, though, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them make a play for one or both actresses to return given the hole in the canvas that will be left by Sami and EJ.
I don't understand how one can be at charge at Day's and not get the appeal of "Jack".

It's like working at McDonalds and thinking about replacing Burgers with sandwiches.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 6 2014, 03:41 PM
elci525
May 6 2014, 03:15 PM
Yoryla
lysie

To me, it kind of sounded like the person who that item was about thought that due to the upcoming exits he or she would be getting their time in the spotlight, as in that that person has been talking that way backstage after jumping to some conclusions. To me it actually sounded kind of pathetic.

BD actually wasn't at all the first person that came to my mind, I thought about GG being much more likely. Whereas in that case, however, it could even happen.
I was wondering about GG's role in days too.

No Gabi, No Sami, No Johnny and they seem to have put the big stall on Jordan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
May 6 2014, 12:22 PM
am103
May 6 2014, 11:45 AM
LuvingLumi
May 6 2014, 11:05 AM
Halloween Family
May 6 2014, 10:45 AM
Seems like Lucas is better off as someone's sidekick, either Sami or Kate. I guess now will be sink or swim for BD.
Time will tell.....
Which doesn't even make sense. There are SO many storyline options for Lucas. He's an alcoholic. He has a history with Nicole (and Eric!) that can be played upon after the rape evidence is revealed (I would LOVE to see some jealous Eric over some Lucas/Nicole interaction). And when they share scenes together, I actually think Lucas has more chemistry with Jordan than Rafe does.

Instead, we get boring newbies like Ben, the current 4th love interest for Abigail in the last year.
I remember the scene in the rectory with Lucas and Nicole a couple months back. I don't think Eric will be jealous of their interaction. They were not exactly nice to each other. :)

I agree that CS has more chemistry with BD than GG.

Here's a clip of Nicole strangling Lucas in 2002:

Spoiler: click to toggle

The rectory scene was a bit WTF. But good for the plot point.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by concerned, May 6 2014, 06:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

lysie
May 5 2014, 10:05 AM
Rosebud
May 5 2014, 09:56 AM
Why is SD more important than Belle? Because he's a Horton/Brady? Because he's Bope's kid? I don't think either are more important than the other. I just think it's time for Belle to come back now, not his. His dad is gone and Hope has enough on her plate. J&M need someone to help get them back together. They have nothing/nobody right now. Brady could care less about them and Eric has always sided with his fauxfather.
Yes and yes. Bo being gone is one major reason why I think Shawn is important. Plus, J&M have five kids between the two of them and even with Sami gone, they'll have two adult kids onscreen. Hope needs that stronger connection to that age group. Shawn also grew up onscreen more. Shawn was the original bridge between the show's two main families, and I think that's more important. I definitely don't want to see Belle playing matchmaker. I think she's important, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Shawn.
I dont see why Shawn AND Belle can't come back together with Claire. Why does it have to be one without the other. And yes we need Phillip too.

Frankly I am at the end of my rope regarding Jarlena. There is currently no writing for them! :frustration: I can't even count on Belle coming back to help their case at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lysie
May 6 2014, 03:13 PM
Yoryla
lysie

Right. I agree. I'm just saying that that's where the speculation is coming from. Not just from the fact that they're leaving.
Actually just listened to the most recent Daytime Confidential Podcast and Jamey Giddens states that Bryan Dattilo is "taking on a lead role" then teases that he will have more details on that on their website soon. I'm guessing in the form of the interview he did with BD at that event the guys did.

So whether that Blind Item is about BD is up for debate, but the rest isn't speculation.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 7 2014, 01:18 PM
lysie
May 6 2014, 03:13 PM
Yoryla
lysie

Actually just listened to the most recent Daytime Confidential Podcast and Jamey Giddens states that Bryan Dattilo is "taking on a lead role" then teases that he will have more details on that on their website soon. I'm guessing in the form of the interview he did with BD at that event the guys did.

So whether that Blind Item is about BD is up for debate, but the rest isn't speculation.
Really? Wow. That's hard for me to believe...
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I can tell you that Bryan is one of the most honest guys I know. For those that have met him he doesn't really sugar coat when the story isn't going his way. He lets you know when he's frustrated with his treatment at Days, when he's not getting story or getting the shaft. From what I've heard from the ATL event many fans were saying how good he looked. How happy he seemed on a personal and professional level. If Bryan thought he was going to fade even more after AS left he would have had no problem stating that in ATL. Case in point a few months back when asked what he wanted for Lucas post Sami he said that he wishes lucas didn't leave with Sami. If Giddens did an interview with him and Bryan hinted that this was happening I can tell you that he isn't just making this stuff up. He had to be told about it happening, or he's been out on contract and that news hasn't been released yet. He wouldn't be saying it if he wasn't being told it was happening.

That being said, this isn't the first time he's been happy about something and the show changed direction rather fast, and as we saw he was back to doing nothing and having no love interest. But the timing of that can coincide with the timing of AS announcing she was leaving, now her and JS are gone so it does look promising. I will still believe it when I see it though... If it was any other writing team I would be more hopeful.... With Tomlin at the helm I'm not...
Edited by LuvingLumi, May 7 2014, 06:15 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 7 2014, 06:09 PM
I can tell you that Bryan is one of the most honest guys I know. For those that have met him he doesn't really sugar coat when the story isn't going his way. He lets you know when he's frustrated with his treatment at Days, when he's not getting story or getting the shaft. From what I've heard from the ATL event many fans were saying how good he looked. How happy he seemed on a personal and professional level. If Bryan thought he was going to fade even more after AS left he would have had no problem stating that in ATL. Case in point a few months back when asked what he wanted for Lucas post Sami he said that he wishes lucas didn't leave with Sami. If Giddens did an interview with him and Bryan hinted that this was happening I can tell you that he isn't just making this stuff up. He had to be told about it happening, or he's been out on contract and that news hasn't been released yet. He wouldn't be saying it if he wasn't being told it was happening.

That being said, this isn't the first time he's been happy about something and the show changed direction rather fast, and as we saw he was back to doing nothing and having no love interest. But the timing of that can coincide with the timing of AS announcing she was leaving, now her and JS are gone so it does look promising. I will still believe it when I see it though... If it was any other writing team I would be more hopeful.... With Tomlin at the helm I'm not...
I just wonder why they backpedaled on Sheryl.

People generally seemed to like her. People were keen for a story.

Why ditch that just because Sami and EJ are leaving?
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

concerned
May 7 2014, 08:26 PM
LuvingLumi

They didn't know that people would like her because she was done taping before she ever aired. Another casualty of the taping schedule. I think her exit had more to do with rewrites in the Jordan story than anything with Lucas. That was a C or D story, even though I really liked them.

I do think BD could be headed for a contract, if he isn't already on contract. Maybe if they don't go for Lucas/Jordan/Rafe then they will bring Sheryl back down the road or even if they do go that route they could bring her back for a quad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 7 2014, 08:34 PM
concerned
LuvingLumi

They didn't know that people would like her because she was done taping before she ever aired. Another casualty of the taping schedule. I think her exit had more to do with rewrites in the Jordan story than anything with Lucas. That was a C or D story, even though I really liked them.

I do think BD could be headed for a contract, if he isn't already on contract. Maybe if they don't go for Lucas/Jordan/Rafe then they will bring Sheryl back down the road or even if they do go that route they could bring her back for a quad.
What is going on in Days land?

I don't understand all the stuffing around on the Jordon/Rafe storyline either.

I assume they had a plan that all had to culminate at the same moment hence all the endless filler material.

Multiple interesting storylines please. its not unachievable.

Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

concerned
May 7 2014, 08:39 PM
DiMeraFan67
May 7 2014, 08:34 PM
concerned
LuvingLumi

What is going on in Days land?

I don't understand all the stuffing around on the Jordon/Rafe storyline either.

I assume they had a plan that all had to culminate at the same moment hence all the endless filler material.

Multiple interesting storylines please. its not unachievable.

Well we know from Chrishell that there were rewrites that she wasn't really pleased with because she had been playing things differently. And we know that Ben was recast so there has been a lot of things scrapped with this story. Could explain some of the treading water that they've been doing with this story, but it doesn't excuse how lame it is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

concerned
LuvingLumi

I don't think that had anything to do with Lucas, that was all about Jordan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Rosebud
May 5 2014, 09:26 AM
Supergirlx2
May 4 2014, 10:37 PM
Rosebud
May 4 2014, 09:57 PM
Supergirlx2
May 4 2014, 08:14 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Hope has Ciara, who the writers seem to love and who gets a lot of story and airtime for such a young character. Belle is John and Marlena's only child together. Give them a break! Hope and Aiden can have a baby down the road.
Even in soap-land, Hope's not exactly in that "childbearing" age range any more. lol. And yes, Hope has Ciara, but Ciara's a child. I was talking about adult aged children that would give the parents more story without the parents having to be constantly involved in the story. Shawn would go to Hope to seek her advice about stuff and would give Hope his thoughts on things going on with her. Ciara doesn't really go to her mom for advice and she's been written as keeping to herself about many things and only being vocal about disliking Aiden & Chase. Belle may be the only child John & Marlena had together, but she's not the only child either of them had that's now at an adult age.
I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to see Belle back in Salem, but if I had to pick between her & Shawn, I'd rather see Shawn. Not to mention that Hope's already got Bo off on some undercover mission, the last thing she deserves is to have a son that's doing the same thing to his wife & young child (of course, Claire could always be SORASed to be JJ's age if TPTB wanted her to be).
Of course you would want SD for Hope. But I don't see it your way at all. Like I said, Hope can have more children. She has a new romance going on, she has Ciara, she's a freaking Horton. SD can come back eventually, but if *I* had to choose, it would be Belle without Shawn. John and Marlena need their daughter. I could care less about Marlena's children with Roman, or John's jackass son Brady. It was bad enough that tptb sorased Belle ten years over night. Hope had SD for his whole childhood practically. It's time for Belle to come home and help get her parents back together.
Okay, I'm sorry but no. Hope was presumed Dead for most of Shawn D's childhood. Did you watch Days in the 90's?
Offline Profile Goto Top

franciose

concerned
May 6 2014, 05:56 PM
jdawg1077
May 6 2014, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on Lucas getting more storytime. I think he'll remain with the show in a recurring capacity to help prop up characters like Kate and Will. But I don't expect an actual story.

There are characters/actors that the producers seem to either take to, or seem to think aren't viable. For the current Days team, they clearly don't see much use in characters like Lucas or John. They clearly didn't get Jack. They didn't seem to like Tony given the way they killed him off a few years ago (basically the same regime then as now if I'm not mistaken, although I wish they would change their minds and bring him back, especially now) with a stake through the Count's heart. Same with Carrie and Austin, who were unceremoniously dumped.

They *LOVE* characters like Chloe and Melanie, though, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them make a play for one or both actresses to return given the hole in the canvas that will be left by Sami and EJ.
I don't understand how one can be at charge at Day's and not get the appeal of "Jack".

It's like working at McDonalds and thinking about replacing Burgers with sandwiches.

I don't get it, either. Jack's story was the best one I ever saw on this show. He was still so good his last return, and what happens? A terrific actor with a rich, compelling character history is thrown down an elevator shaft after his Tan-worshipping. so-called "wife" lets the doors slam shut on him to fawn over a nasal-voiced, dead-shark-eyed, orange pseudo-surfer dude.

Edited to add re. JS leaving: Since I never know who he was/is--a rapist, torturer, murderer, sexy "grey" "anti-hero", cheater, flapper, etc., etc., I am GLAD to see him go. As an aside, I am thrilled I will not have to ff through his AND AS's "acting" scenes.

Edited by franciose, May 8 2014, 09:06 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

I will miss him terribly.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

I didn't read this entire thread but all I can say to this news is that I hope this will clear up space one for John & Marlena to have a GOOD story, with A LOT of screen time, and TOGETHER.

have to be specific there.
Edited by Josephinejms, May 10 2014, 08:22 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic