Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Preview (5/5/2014)
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 05:02 PM (5,491 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Sindacco
May 2 2014, 11:00 PM
Is it just me or does every whodunit on Days get worse than the previous one? The last really good one was Colin's and that was over 10 years ago.
"Who killed Colin" was definitely well done. There were a whole bunch of people who had legitimate reasons for wanting Colin dead, not just "he's blackmailing me" reasons. Then you had Hope's PTSD, Shawn trying to protect his mom, Jack wanting to protect Jen, etc. (I say that cause I don't remember what the Nicole/Victor/Colin relationship/scenario was).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

cryin4days
May 2 2014, 07:43 PM
Could the fact that no soap outlet has reported on Blake Berris being done taping in light of this promo (that clearly drives viewers to believe Nick dies) be a hint that Nick doesn't die.

No. I didn't realize this promo had been posted until just now, or I would have commented earlier. Quite surprised that they gave away who was murdered though. As I said a few weeks back, I was hoping they'd keep it a surprise until it aired next Friday afternoon. I tried to make it a little mysterious by including some extra people in that photo lineup I posted last week (and posted below), so I did my best to keep the mystery alive!!

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Jason47, May 3 2014, 12:53 AM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I'm going to miss Nick😢. The writers I feel destroyed him.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

I think the shooter will be Gabi, EJ or Sami
These three exits actual no make it a little bit more difficult to figure out who actual pulls the trigger
Kate's gun in the one that apparently goes missing, not Sonny's that we know of...
I don't think that Sonny or Will is going to be the shooter at all one of the two October exits or Gabi in June will be the shooter any way you look at it the manipulation of Nick will be a factors

I think Will solution was what we saw in the promo, slugging Nick
I think Sonny bought the gun to protect Will & Arianna but I don't think he uses it
I think somehow Kate gun winds up with Sami
However I think that EJ or Gabi are the two most likely out of the three exits to be the actual shooter
Percy is a fourth option, EJ scenes with Percy seem to clue the guy in to Nick in a very big way

DeeDee Barone
Member Avatar

Days really needs to work on their sets and lighting. The fakeness of it all takes the drama out of this promo for me. Budget is only a partial excuse.

S loves EJ

WilSonJAb33
May 3 2014, 02:01 AM
These three exits actual no make it a little bit more difficult to figure out who actual pulls the trigger
Kate's gun in the one that apparently goes missing, not Sonny's that we know of...
I don't think that Sonny or Will is going to be the shooter at all one of the two October exits or Gabi in June will be the shooter any way you look at it the manipulation of Nick will be a factors

I think Sonny bought the gun to protect Will & Arianna but I don't think he uses it
However I think that EJ or Gabi are the two most likely out of the three exits to be the actual shooter
Percy is a fourth option, EJ scenes with Percy seem to clue the guy in to Nick in a very big way

I was really sure Gabi was gonna be the shooter but since JS leaving maybe it will be EJ and Ejami go on the run together like Bonnie and Clyde it would be fitting end for them but in the Ejamiīs case they wonīt get killed but sails off into the sunset. :sailing: :wub:

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I want it to be a twist. I want it to be an imposter being killed because I love Nick! Blake Berris is an awesome actor and he needs to stay in Salem. I don't feel sorry for any of the hypocrites he is blackmailing or terrorizing they all deserve some damned karma. I just hate the fact he is obsessing over Gabi the bitch. As for Will and Sonny are need some karma too..there is a REASON Nick is pissed off at them too. They COVERED up what they thought was a cold blooded murder and had NO problems doing it. Innocent victims, my ass. And Nick being some kind of monster that needed to be shot? PLEASE! If anyone needed to be shot it's fucking EJ who is the monster of Salem. :soapbox:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, poop.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Godparent question. In real life, if a child has a godparent and one of their real parents die or leaves for whatever reason. Does the godparent actually step up to take that parents place like they promised. How seriously do people take this?

I'm just wondering because with Gabi leaving, theoretically, Abigail needs to step up to the plate. Would she?

Kaha
Member Avatar

KweenBoda
May 3 2014, 07:50 AM
As for Will and Sonny are need some karma too..there is a REASON Nick is pissed off at them too. They COVERED up what they thought was a cold blooded murder and had NO problems doing it. Innocent victims, my ass. And Nick being some kind of monster that needed to be shot?
It's not actually true that Will and Sonny thought Nick deserved to die. They were both appalled when they found out about the murder. Even Kate and Sami didn't try to kill him on purpose but still he had every right to be angry with them and to seek revenge but Will and Sonny never did anything to him. They just chose not to put in jail Ari's mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. There are several dialogues where it showed how troubled they were about the whole thing. Not once did they think Nick deserved it or they were okay with it. Also, the whole thing happened in a short time (them finding out and Nick coming back), who knows what would've happened.

Transcript from Jan 2nd

Quote:

Will-What do you think happens first? You freeze first or you drown first?

Sonny-I donít know, Will

Will-Did he deserve to die? Yeah, you know he was a terrible person and he said terrible things to you, and he tried to steal my daughter. I mean he threatened to send my whole family to prison. He tried to rape Gabi. Did he deserve to die?

Sonny nods no.*

Sonny-No.

Will-Then what do we do then? How do we move on with our lives like nothing happened.
Will-the thing is, Nick is my family, right? And my family thinks he is in NY starting a new life.

Sonny-I know but what else are we gonna do. Nick is dead. It is not gonna help him if we tell the truth.

Will-What if they find his body in there.

Sonny-Then itís gonna be a lot harder to keep Gabi, Kate, and Sami.

WilSon transcripts from - http://hoosiergal86.tumblr.com/tagged/transcripts

stormymac
Member Avatar

KweenBoda
I want it to be a twist. I want it to be an imposter being killed because I love Nick! Blake Berris is an awesome actor and he needs to stay in Salem. I don't feel sorry for any of the hypocrites he is blackmailing or terrorizing they all deserve some damned karma. I just hate the fact he is obsessing over Gabi the bitch. As for Will and Sonny are need some karma too..there is a REASON Nick is pissed off at them too. They COVERED up what they thought was a cold blooded murder and had NO problems doing it. Innocent victims, my ass. And Nick being some kind of monster that needed to be shot? PLEASE! If anyone needed to be shot it's fucking EJ who is the monster of Salem. :soapbox:
I love the fact that you think Will and Sonny have NO reason to be pissed at Nick and he doesn't deserve any karma himself for continually trying to take Will's child away from him. Does he have a reason to be angry at the coven, including Gabi? Yes, but I am fucking tired of people acting like Nick hasn't done anything to antagonize these people and is an innocent victim in all of this.

stormymac
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 3 2014, 09:05 AM
KweenBoda
As for Will and Sonny are need some karma too..there is a REASON Nick is pissed off at them too. They COVERED up what they thought was a cold blooded murder and had NO problems doing it. Innocent victims, my ass. And Nick being some kind of monster that needed to be shot?
It's not actually true that Will and Sonny thought Nick deserved to die. They were both appalled when they found out about the murder. Even Kate and Sami didn't try to kill him on purpose but still he had every right to be angry with them and to seek revenge but Will and Sonny never did anything to him. They just chose not to put in jail Ari's mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. There are several dialogues where it showed how troubled they were about the whole thing. Not once did they think Nick deserved it or they were okay with it. Also, the whole thing happened in a short time (them finding out and Nick coming back), who knows what would've happened.

Transcript from Jan 2nd

Quote:

Sonny-I donít know, Will

Will-Did he deserve to die? Yeah, you know he was a terrible person and he said terrible things to you, and he tried to steal my daughter. I mean he threatened to send my whole family to prison. He tried to rape Gabi. Did he deserve to die?

Sonny nods no.*

Sonny-No.

Will-Then what do we do then? How do we move on with our lives like nothing happened.
Will-the thing is, Nick is my family, right? And my family thinks he is in NY starting a new life.

Sonny-I know but what else are we gonna do. Nick is dead. It is not gonna help him if we tell the truth.

And don't forget this quote from Sonny as the coven did everything they could to stop him from going to the police:

"Nick was a creep, but he did not deserve to die."

Kaha
Member Avatar

stormymac
May 3 2014, 09:32 AM
Kaha
May 3 2014, 09:05 AM
KweenBoda

Transcript from Jan 2nd

Quote:

Sonny-I donít know, Will

Sonny nods no.*

Sonny-No.

And don't forget this quote from Sonny as the coven did everything they could to stop him from going to the police:

"Nick was a creep, but he did not deserve to die."
They actually felt for him more compassion than he deserves considering how he treated them.

It's baffling to me how anyone feels sympathy for Nick without the slightest understanding for his victims. Everyone else involved is demonized but Nick is a poor misunderstood guy who was thrown under the bus for WilSon. I hope little Ari doesn't throw up on his shirt or she'll be next on the list that wronged Nick.

Jezebel
Member Avatar

Not Amused
May 3 2014, 12:01 AM
Lame.
Yes.

Pookie
Member Avatar

By the by... I don't wish Nick dead either. I wish he took his ass out of town ALONE, the second his probation was up and started a new life. Nick had the potential to be a very successful and wealthy man. And like most successful men, he would have had his pick of women. But no, he had to fixate on Gabi.

Will&Sonny

I will never understand how anyone could possibly look at what played out on-screen during the river incident as "cold-blooded [attempted] murder". Yes, Sami and Kate handled the matter the wrong way (and Gabi went right along with them, despite what she might have tried to claim after hearing Nick's version of events), but they thought Nick was dead, and everything they did afterward was based on that belief and a sincere desire to protect Gabi. They could have kept their hands clean and left Gabi to deal with her own mess, but they wanted to help because she was Arianna's mother. Nick's insistence that it was attempted murder doesn't make it so. Context is important.

I can't help thinking that if Nicole had been the one to do that, people would have been scrambling to come up with any excuse to defend her actions.

Romancer66

Pookie
May 3 2014, 10:35 AM
By the by... I don't wish Nick dead either. I wish he took his ass out of town ALONE, the second his probation was up and started a new life. Nick had the potential to be a very successful and wealthy man. And like most successful men, he would have had his pick of women. But no, he had to fixate on Gabi.
Nick could have come back in time as a Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg type--a wealthy young entrepreneur whom everyone wanted to do business with or the local youth wanted to work for. And that could have driven story, because much of Salem's teen and college-age crowd are coming off as aimless slackers right now. Plus, it's boring to have almost everyone working for and at the hospital, especially since the hospital is currently a temple to Daniel, with the staff serving as his acolytes.

Nick's obsession with Gabi is almost as baffling as EJ's (or any man's) with Sami. If he'd wanted to hang on to her, he could have done so last year after Arianna's birth. Instead, he told her he'd married her for the wrong reasons and let their marriage be dissolved. While I'm not a Nick fan, I thought that showed a commendable degree of honesty and could have led to something much more interesting than what actually happened, which was TIIC hitting the reset button in their quest for a convenient villain by having Nick fixate on Gabi and Arianna again.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 3 2014, 02:24 PM
I will never understand how anyone could possibly look at what played out on-screen during the river incident as "cold-blooded [attempted] murder". Yes, Sami and Kate handled the matter the wrong way (and Gabi went right along with them, despite what she might have tried to claim after hearing Nick's version of events), but they thought Nick was dead, and everything they did afterward was based on that belief and a sincere desire to protect Gabi. They could have kept their hands clean and left Gabi to deal with her own mess, but they wanted to help because she was Arianna's mother. Nick's insistence that it was attempted murder doesn't make it so. Context is important.

I can't help thinking that if Nicole had been the one to do that, people would have been scrambling to come up with any excuse to defend her actions.
I'd say if Nick died in the river that Sami and Kate would have been guilty of murder. So that's enough for me. Yeah, they wanted to help Gabi and that's all well and good, but turns out Nick wasn't actually dead so what they did doesn't get just excused.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 3 2014, 04:41 AM
WilSonJAb33
May 3 2014, 02:01 AM

I was really sure Gabi was gonna be the shooter but since JS leaving maybe it will be EJ and Ejami go on the run together like Bonnie and Clyde it would be fitting end for them but in the Ejamiīs case they wonīt get killed but sails off into the sunset. :sailing: :wub:
knowing JS allowed be to firmly say there are three options I don't see them giving Nick's killer the kind of out Sami got with Berendi which means it got to be someone leaving which would put the list at if Percy didn't leave instantly....

Percy
Sami
EJ
Gabi

There is a decision that EJami make that Sami second guesses but it could be that EJ follows through on it.

Love the fact that Abby isn't going take any of Nick crap the slap from Abby and the punch from Will are so well deserved...

I agree I could see EJ & Sami going on the run rather then turning themselves in

nananana7
Member Avatar

Pookie
May 3 2014, 08:33 AM
Godparent question. In real life, if a child has a godparent and one of their real parents die or leaves for whatever reason. Does the godparent actually step up to take that parents place like they promised. How seriously do people take this?

I'm just wondering because with Gabi leaving, theoretically, Abigail needs to step up to the plate. Would she?

No that's not what a godparent does -- in the Catholic church.
Will and Gabi and Arianna Grace were all baptized in the Catholic church.

A godparent's role isn't to be a substitute parent if the legal parents die.

A godparent's role is to guide the child in the church's teachings -- regardless of whether the legal parents are alive or dead.

See this link:
Quote:

http://www.catholicdoors.com/courses/godpar.htm
Scroll to the section "A MISCONCEPTIONS: ADOPTION"
(bullet items # 20, 21, 22)

The first obligation of the godparent is to support the parent of the godchild with the religious upbringing of the child.

Does that mean that a godparent has to adopt his godchild should the parents die? Unless the parents have indicated this in their Last Will (Last Testament) that in case of their death or total disability, the godparents are to obtain full custody of their children, (should they wish to have custody) the godparents have no custodial rights over their godchildren. This matter should be discussed in details between the parents of a child and the godparent(s) to ensure that no surprises will be written in a Last Will.

While some godparents may not object to obtaining the custody of their godchild in the event of parental death, in some cases, such may not be possible. As a general rule, when a number of children from the same family are involved, the Courts do not desire to separate the children who are striving to cope with the loss of their parents. As such, all the children may be placed together with one godparent or none at all.
Edited by nananana7, May 3 2014, 07:07 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply