Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Preview (5/5/2014)
Topic Started: May 2 2014, 05:02 PM (5,478 Views)
camera shy

nananana7
May 3 2014, 07:07 PM
Pookie
May 3 2014, 08:33 AM
Godparent question. In real life, if a child has a godparent and one of their real parents die or leaves for whatever reason. Does the godparent actually step up to take that parents place like they promised. How seriously do people take this?

I'm just wondering because with Gabi leaving, theoretically, Abigail needs to step up to the plate. Would she?

No that's not what a godparent does -- in the Catholic church.
Will and Gabi and Arianna Grace were all baptized in the Catholic church.

A godparent's role isn't to be a substitute parent if the legal parents die.

A godparent's role is to guide the child in the church's teachings -- regardless of whether the legal parents are alive or dead.

See this link:
Quote:

http://www.catholicdoors.com/courses/godpar.htm
Scroll to the section "A MISCONCEPTIONS: ADOPTION"
(bullet items # 20, 21, 22)

The first obligation of the godparent is to support the parent of the godchild with the religious upbringing of the child.

Does that mean that a godparent has to adopt his godchild should the parents die? Unless the parents have indicated this in their Last Will (Last Testament) that in case of their death or total disability, the godparents are to obtain full custody of their children, (should they wish to have custody) the godparents have no custodial rights over their godchildren. This matter should be discussed in details between the parents of a child and the godparent(s) to ensure that no surprises will be written in a Last Will.

While some godparents may not object to obtaining the custody of their godchild in the event of parental death, in some cases, such may not be possible. As a general rule, when a number of children from the same family are involved, the Courts do not desire to separate the children who are striving to cope with the loss of their parents. As such, all the children may be placed together with one godparent or none at all.
You know that's something Gabi and Will need to decide too, if both of them were to die then who would get custody of Ariana. My guess would be Sonny because he has the closiest relationship to her......closer than Sami or Rafe. And when I say closiest I mean in terms that he's there taking care of her day to day unlike Sami or Lucas (forgot to include Lucas) or Rafe who of course would be closer to her by blood. I wonder who Ejami would want to raise Johnny and Sydney if both of them were to die? Sami might go with Lucas over Marlena so that Johnny and Ali would be together. I don't see her wanting Carrie and Austin for the job though. :D Wonder who EJ would choose?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

DiMeraFan67
May 3 2014, 02:59 PM
Will&Sonny
May 3 2014, 02:24 PM
I will never understand how anyone could possibly look at what played out on-screen during the river incident as "cold-blooded [attempted] murder". Yes, Sami and Kate handled the matter the wrong way (and Gabi went right along with them, despite what she might have tried to claim after hearing Nick's version of events), but they thought Nick was dead, and everything they did afterward was based on that belief and a sincere desire to protect Gabi. They could have kept their hands clean and left Gabi to deal with her own mess, but they wanted to help because she was Arianna's mother. Nick's insistence that it was attempted murder doesn't make it so. Context is important.

I can't help thinking that if Nicole had been the one to do that, people would have been scrambling to come up with any excuse to defend her actions.
I'd say if Nick died in the river that Sami and Kate would have been guilty of murder. So that's enough for me. Yeah, they wanted to help Gabi and that's all well and good, but turns out Nick wasn't actually dead so what they did doesn't get just excused.
It would have been manslaughter, not murder.

astropastel
Member Avatar

Ok do we know where Ciara is during the shooting?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

astropastel
May 3 2014, 08:50 PM
Shooting someone isn't Ciara's style. The kid's more the "cut up clothes"/"hide letter"/"guilt into buying expensive things" type. lol. Besides which, she's already been exposed to her Uncle Justin being shot. I don't think she'd get her hands on a gun & shoot her Cousin Nick.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I think I'm mainly disappointed that we didn't get Rachel Melvin back during Nick's return. I was DYING for more Nick/Chelsea.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

am103
May 3 2014, 10:00 PM
I think I'm mainly disappointed that we didn't get Rachel Melvin back during Nick's return. I was DYING for more Nick/Chelsea.
I would LOVE to get Rachel Melvin back, even if only for a 13 week stint. It would be fun to watch Ciara & Chelsea interact as well as find out what Chelsea really thinks of her father's extended absense (& "deep cover mission").

am103
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 3 2014, 10:04 PM
am103
I would LOVE to get Rachel Melvin back, even if only for a 13 week stint. It would be fun to watch Ciara & Chelsea interact as well as find out what Chelsea really thinks of her father's extended absense (& "deep cover mission").
Some Ciara/Chelsea interaction would be so much fun with Ciara grown up and scheming now. Unfortunately, with my luck, they'd bring Chelsea back and pair her with someone boring like Chad or Ben...

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

am103
May 3 2014, 10:07 PM
Supergirlx2
am103
Some Ciara/Chelsea interaction would be so much fun with Ciara grown up and scheming now. Unfortunately, with my luck, they'd bring Chelsea back and pair her with someone boring like Chad or Ben...
The show needs to work on their "young adult" cast. We've got Will & Sonny, and then Abby, Ben,
Spoiler: click to toggle
Then in the "teens" group we've got JJ & Paige (with occasional appearances by Mary Beth, Bev, and Rory).
I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put Theresa though. She's technically "young adult", but she doesn't interact with that age group.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 3 2014, 10:12 PM
am103
May 3 2014, 10:07 PM
Supergirlx2
am103
The show needs to work on their "young adult" cast. We've got Will & Sonny, and then Abby, Ben,
Spoiler: click to toggle
Then in the "teens" group we've got JJ & Paige (with occasional appearances by Mary Beth, Bev, and Rory).
I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put Theresa though. She's technically "young adult", but she doesn't interact with that age group.
leaving Ben or the name under the spoiler toggle odd man out... I almost thinking Days might be looking to ultimate go with Ben & Abby for the long term but we will wait and see once Robert Scott Wilson takes over later this month. depends on whom Abby gets paired with I would think if the asked Rachel Melvin to return I am not convinced that Abby would ultimately get repaired with Abby... I don't think Ben would be recast if Abby & Ben might not be the change of being end game.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, May 3 2014, 11:09 PM.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I never said Nick was innocent but I AM sick of people trying to paint the murder crew as lily white victims. THEY ALL need to pay for their part in the crime and no matter what any one says what the girls did to Nick WAS attempted murder. What Nick did to Gabi was wrong as well. But Gabi fucking needs to pay for her crime against Melanie and the explosion in the tunnels because SHE IS responsible for that too. When you hire someone to do something bad and other bad things happen as a result YOU ARE held accountable and that bitch needs to pay for that as well. I will never buy the Gabi is a victim bullshit. But then no one pays in Salem..and it's stupid to have Nick pay the price when none of the hypocritical fuckers ever pay for their stupid shit. So has anyone actually heard any thing about BB leaving the show?!

King
Member Avatar

It looks pretty good. It reminds of when Sunset Beach killed off Francesca.

I am bummed we are losing Blake and Nick. I feel like the writers never really knew what to do with Nick and making a Horton so downright, one-sidedly evil always seemed weird to me.

King
Member Avatar

Oh, and I think the shooter will be Lucas or that old Santa moron.

six
Member Avatar

Nick would have fit in well with Bill and Mickey. I never thought Nick was shown to be evil, though. He needed help, but all of his relatives were too wrapped up in their own lives to care.

King
Member Avatar

I don't see him like that. I thought he was so cartoony. Haha.

six
Member Avatar

LOL, to me, he's one of the most "real" villains the show has had in a long time.

phloe3

I don't believe for a second Nick is really going to die

six
Member Avatar

astropastel
Crazy as Nick is, he still knew better than to get on Ciara's bad side.

astropastel
Member Avatar

six
May 4 2014, 11:45 AM
astropastel
Awesome your absolutely right.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
May 4 2014, 11:45 AM
astropastel
Didn't Nick side with Ciara when Sami tried to take her to a boutique for her ten pair of earrings instead of Barrons (sp)?

BeeBee
Member Avatar

King
May 4 2014, 10:55 AM
Oh, and I think the shooter will be Lucas or that old Santa moron.
LOL!I hope its "that old Santa moron".I want Lucas to stay around and Nick hasn't done enough for the police (and Horton family)to find Lucas killing his cousin Nick justifiable homicide.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply