Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: May Discussion
Topic Started: May 3 2014, 09:21 AM (9,111 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

I am not a Alexis and Julian fan as many are. Sorry but I think it's hypocritical of Alexis to be all gaga over Julian when she dumped Shawn for being in the mob! :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

This is Alexis' problem she falls for these mobsters then expects them to change. If you dont want a mobster, dont date a mobster!
Offline Profile Goto Top

taylore
Member Avatar

Thank god! Niz is over, for now anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

My lifetime :bs: :bs: award goes to Liz. She mad at Nik because he chose Britt over her after she confessed her love to him when she was in his bedroom standing half naked, but last summer she told him to accept her relationship with AJ and move on. Nik did with Britt, but after all the lies were exposed, thus making Nik free, Liz still chose Rick over Nik. She knew she was going to be the rebound girl as soon as Brik imploded, so why is it bothering her now :shrug:
The only thing i can say to Nik is from the George Micheal song Freedom, that what you get for changing your mind, that what you get for changing your mind. Another reason why i loather Niz.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Nik/Liz is bad writing at this point. This is all RC knows how to do seriously. I wouldn't be opposed to Ric/Liz getting back together if Liz actually showed genuine feelings for Ric. All she said today was "Ric and I had something real" "maybe we can have that again." But she never denied that there is something there with her and Nik right now. So she's using Ric to get over Nik. She doesn't want to be Nik's rebound girl? That's an adult decision. But to close the book on it entirely and use someone else to move on is immature. That's what she did with AJ and Lucky, way back when, when she wanted Jason.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I couldn't have cared less about Carly and Franco getting into the "mile high club'.... :x
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Miss Rhi
May 16 2014, 09:06 PM
I couldn't have cared less about Carly and Franco getting into the "mile high club'.... :x
Only if that was a one-way flight to neverseenagainstan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I am surprised Julian actually quit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
May 16 2014, 07:43 PM
Nik/Liz is bad writing at this point. This is all RC knows how to do seriously. I wouldn't be opposed to Ric/Liz getting back together if Liz actually showed genuine feelings for Ric. All she said today was "Ric and I had something real" "maybe we can have that again." But she never denied that there is something there with her and Nik right now. So she's using Ric to get over Nik. She doesn't want to be Nik's rebound girl? That's an adult decision. But to close the book on it entirely and use someone else to move on is immature. That's what she did with AJ and Lucky, way back when, when she wanted Jason.
It's the same old crap, different day with Liz. For the life of me, I do not understand why the writers keep her in this rut. And I really don't get this stupidity with Nikolas and why that idiot writer thinks they are some sort of star-crossed lovers when really they had a sleazy affair that hurt many people and resulted in Liz needing mental help and another paternity lie. Not to mention that they both agreed that it was a mistake. Of course that doesn't matter to RC, I'm sure he thinks this ridiculous merry-go-round with Niz is more of his "genius." :eyeroll: :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

JDeveraux_91
May 17 2014, 08:02 AM
ScorpioQueen
It's the same old crap, different day with Liz. For the life of me, I do not understand why the writers keep her in this rut. And I really don't get this stupidity with Nikolas and why that idiot writer thinks they are some sort of star-crossed lovers when really they had a sleazy affair that hurt many people and resulted in Liz needing mental help and another paternity lie. Not to mention that they both agreed that it was a mistake. Of course that doesn't matter to RC, I'm sure he thinks this ridiculous merry-go-round with Niz is more of his "genius." :eyeroll: :flipoff:
I agree! Its the same old crap all over again.

The only people that might believe that they are star crossed lovers are the ones that don't know their history, or the ones that like them together despite the way they are being written. Personally, I think they make a very boring pairing. They are lacking that certain spark to make them interesting. They are much better off remaining as friends. To make this pairing happen, they are doing nothing but destroying the characters. Nikolas now comes across as fickle when before I didn't think he was. In one recent episode they had him telling Britt that he and Elizabeth are friends, and he can't get over Britt so easily to move on with Elizabeth, and the next couple of episodes later he is slobbering over Elizabeth, and wanting her to stay with him. One minute they have him looking as if he is still upset about his break up with Britt, and the next he is getting jealous because Elizabeth is giving Ric the time of day.

Maybe they are trying to tell us that Nik loves more than one woman. He loves Elizabeth, he loves Britt, he loves Emily. Emily is dead, so she is out of the picture, but I am guessing that, that little speech he gave to Britt about not forgiving the lies, was the writers way of giving him closure so that he is free now to move on now to Elizabeth thus, the kiss. They hardly gave him any time after his breakup with Britt before he was hounding Elizabeth again, and moving her into his house. Now, instead of the Elizabeth, Nikolas and AJ triangle, we have the same story all over again, but this time with Elizabeth, Nikolas and Ric. I can already see it not working out with Ric, even though she is giving him a try. Very unfair to Ric considering she is suppose to be in love with someone else. I could understand a bit more if she had not done the same thing to AJ. Apparently she was in love with Nikolas when she chose Aj over him. It didn't work out with AJ, and now she is doing the same thing with Ric. Obviously no lessons were learnt from her experience with AJ. Nik warned her, and they proved Nik right. Now they have him warning her about Ric, and I am sure they are going to come up with something to paint Ric in a bad way to prove Nik right again. Then Liz and Nik will be on the same page and they will be together, but I will be fast forwarding most of their story. It's just not believable as a love story, and I don't like the pairing. They have similar personalities - dull.

For someone who once loved Britt and Nikolas, I am hoping they keep Britt far away from the Liz/Nik/Ric triangle. Britt already asked for Nik's forgiveness, he told her he can't so, lets move on. I don't want to see Britt continuing to beg for his forgiveness while he chases Elizabeth. Just leave it be, and bring on someone else for Britt. I want someone for Britt who loves her exclusively and that is obviously not Nikolas. I was hoping they would put her with Nathan but, now that he is her brother. I have to forget that. Maybe they could put her back with Patrick. He is the right height for her anyway and I just don't want them to go back to Patrick and Sabrina pairing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

I finally watched several episodes of the show. Michael as CEO is such a joke. Why didn't Ned become a CEO instead? Supposedly the family would agree to oust Tracy only if Michael is her replacement. Based on what? His years of experience or their closeness with him. This whole thing is a joke.

Does Sonny suspect Fluke? I really can't stand Sonny, Franco and Carly.

Speaking of Franco and Carly, how incompetent is Anna? Why is she letting them handle evidence? And why does she discuss police matters with Sonny's lackey?

I am not here for Liz and her never ending fickle romances. And the kid triangle needs to stop. How old is Spencer anyway? Is he like 50-year old stuck in the body of an 8-year old?

I love Brad and Britt. Nathan and Britt were both beautiful. I like their tentative relationship. Crazy Dr. Obrecht has gorgeous children. I enjoy her OTT antics. She's so entertaining.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
May 17 2014, 10:23 AM
JDeveraux_91
May 17 2014, 08:02 AM
ScorpioQueen
I agree! Its the same old crap all over again.

The only people that might believe that they are star crossed lovers are the ones that don't know their history, or the ones that like them together despite the way they are being written. Personally, I think they make a very boring pairing. They are lacking that certain spark to make them interesting. They are much better off remaining as friends. To make this pairing happen, they are doing nothing but destroying the characters. Nikolas now comes across as fickle when before I didn't think he was. In one recent episode they had him telling Britt that he and Elizabeth are friends, and he can't get over Britt so easily to move on with Elizabeth, and the next couple of episodes later he is slobbering over Elizabeth, and wanting her to stay with him. One minute they have him looking as if he is still upset about his break up with Britt, and the next he is getting jealous because Elizabeth is giving Ric the time of day.

Maybe they are trying to tell us that Nik loves more than one woman. He loves Elizabeth, he loves Britt, he loves Emily. Emily is dead, so she is out of the picture, but I am guessing that, that little speech he gave to Britt about not forgiving the lies, was the writers way of giving him closure so that he is free now to move on now to Elizabeth thus, the kiss. They hardly gave him any time after his breakup with Britt before he was hounding Elizabeth again, and moving her into his house. Now, instead of the Elizabeth, Nikolas and AJ triangle, we have the same story all over again, but this time with Elizabeth, Nikolas and Ric. I can already see it not working out with Ric, even though she is giving him a try. Very unfair to Ric considering she is suppose to be in love with someone else. I could understand a bit more if she had not done the same thing to AJ. Apparently she was in love with Nikolas when she chose Aj over him. It didn't work out with AJ, and now she is doing the same thing with Ric. Obviously no lessons were learnt from her experience with AJ. Nik warned her, and they proved Nik right. Now they have him warning her about Ric, and I am sure they are going to come up with something to paint Ric in a bad way to prove Nik right again. Then Liz and Nik will be on the same page and they will be together, but I will be fast forwarding most of their story. It's just not believable as a love story, and I don't like the pairing. They have similar personalities - dull.

For someone who once loved Britt and Nikolas, I am hoping they keep Britt far away from the Liz/Nik/Ric triangle. Britt already asked for Nik's forgiveness, he told her he can't so, lets move on. I don't want to see Britt continuing to beg for his forgiveness while he chases Elizabeth. Just leave it be, and bring on someone else for Britt. I want someone for Britt who loves her exclusively and that is obviously not Nikolas. I was hoping they would put her with Nathan but, now that he is her brother. I have to forget that. Maybe they could put her back with Patrick. He is the right height for her anyway and I just don't want them to go back to Patrick and Sabrina pairing.
I agree with everything you said! Specially, the part about Patrick. He looks so lost, maybe Britt can be his salvation.
Edited by Kaha, May 17 2014, 06:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Julian and Alexis bore me to tears. I don't get their appeal. First Alexis makes a big deal of sneaking Julian into her bedroom so as not to tip off Molly. Then she's telling Julian to get out of mob. Stop getting with men in dangerous professions and then expecting them to change. This is always why her relationships go sour because she does the same damn thing all the time. But the hypocritical part is that she's asking Julian to get out but she's really only doing it to protect Sonny. The level of hypocrisy here is just ridiculous. If she wants Julian out, then she needs to cut ties with Sonny too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
May 18 2014, 02:37 PM
Julian and Alexis bore me to tears. I don't get their appeal. First Alexis makes a big deal of sneaking Julian into her bedroom so as not to tip off Molly. Then she's telling Julian to get out of mob. Stop getting with men in dangerous professions and then expecting them to change. This is always why her relationships go sour because she does the same damn thing all the time. But the hypocritical part is that she's asking Julian to get out but she's really only doing it to protect Sonny. The level of hypocrisy here is just ridiculous. If she wants Julian out, then she needs to cut ties with Sonny too.

IKR, stop trying to change these men and recognize that you like mobsters, period.Then she fakes a call to Rick telling him to let Julian out of the organization. Julian should have walked on her when she refused to stop working fpr Sonny. She did the same to Shawn and it blew up in her face.
Edited by natdot99, May 18 2014, 05:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Only person I have liked Liz with was Lucky,then they screwed that up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

naptown
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 17 2014, 11:43 AM
I am not here for Liz and her never ending fickle romances. And the kid triangle needs to stop. How old is Spencer anyway? Is he like 50-year old stuck in the body of an 8-year old?

While I'm grateful that this show has cast three kids that are actually good actors and given them a storyline (Days should take note), this triangle is so ridiculous and annoying. It kinda sheds light on how childish most love triangles in soaps are with no real depth of the characters involved. ,

I think RC is writing the 50 year old dialogue to show that Spencer had a better upbringing and more expanded vocabulary than Cameron, but the outdated references and phrases are just silly. Also, I never want to make fun of kids ... however, that being said, you'd think Nicholas could afford to send his kid to speech therapy. If it is the young actor's real speech impediment, then I'm an asshole and I apologize. If it's his acting style or part of the character, it doesn't work. Most kids outgrow that by the time they're in kindergarten. I just find the whole character odd as he wants to "twip the wight fantastic with the wove of his wife Emma Dwake and steal hew fwom his awch nemesis Camewon." What kid, rich or not, talks like that?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Someone wake me up when Ava gets back to town lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Shawn warning Jordan about Julian, he needs to STFU and mind his own business.
No one spider senses went off about Fake Luke, i so not interested in this story line.
Nina wakes up, sends Silas some flowers and yet does not recognize her handwriting was :roflol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

Tammy
May 19 2014, 01:30 PM
Someone wake me up when Ava gets back to town lol.
me too :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

For the most part I agree with what everyone has posted about the show lately, but I really loved today's episode. It felt more balanced and more like the GH I fell in love with back in the 90s (as in more characters in short scenes, the build-up regarding Jerome wanting to / thinking he has quit the organization, etc). Love Lucas and really liking him with Felix - they're fun together and honest with each other. Would love both characters no matter who they're with, but they are clicking for me. Also loved Lucas and Sam, Felix and Silas, and (no surprise because I totally love ME with KM) Silas and Sam. With regard to not recognizing the handwriting or the "love, me" twenty years is long time especially since Silas believes Nina is dead. So him not thinking it was from Nina seems pretty normal to me (at this point anyway). Looking at the previews, if they're keeping Nathan and planning on pairing him with Maxie, he needs to up his acting skills. Granted he's better than Levi, but a log would be better than Levi...
Edited by maconrich, May 20 2014, 12:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic