Forum rules
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Just a reminder that this section is for "Days of Our Lives" only. All Days-related news, spoilers, articles and weekly discussion threads should be posted here.

For coverage of any other soaps, please visit:
General Daytime News
GH Spoilers & Discussion
or Y&R/B&B Spoilers & Discussion.

Thank you!
:)

Monday, May 5th Daily Discussion

Monday, May 5th Daily Discussion

78K19,812
AdminAdmin
78K19,812

May 05, 2014#1

Discuss!

Thanks to sixxers for my lovely banner!

17K1
    King/QueenKing/Queen
    17K1

May 05, 2014#2

Bonnie's attempt to country-fy Mickey after Maggie's "death" and the opening of "Alice's". :facepalm:

Prince/PrincessPrince/Princess

May 05, 2014#3

As good as JE was as Bonnie, I really didn't like this. On top of the "over the top" Bonnie, we had a faux Mickey.

May 05, 2014#4

lololololol. camp at it's worst (or best, I guess depending on how you look at it :D)

As horrible of a character as miss Bonnie was I gotta say though thinking back now Judi did a great job with her. Bah, talk about believable.

Eileen Davidson - Outstanding Lead Actress Emmy Award Winner 2014
          #Kristen #DiMera #TeamKristen #TeamDiMera #Bristen

King/QueenKing/Queen

May 05, 2014#5

Adrienne was such a disappointment to me. I freaking loved Bonnie, she was a ridiculous person.

King/QueenKing/Queen

May 05, 2014#6

I'm so glad John Clarke didn't have to suffer through this story.

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

May 05, 2014#7

I've loved and been on board with Judi Evan's Beth (GL), Paulina (AW), and Adrienne (Days), but I could not get into Bonnie. Judi did a good job acting wise, but I loathed that character.

King/QueenKing/Queen

May 05, 2014#8

lysie wrote:

Discuss!
                  Wrong on too many levels. :fp2: Was this Dena Higley's masterpiece?

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

May 05, 2014#9

Bonnie didn't bother me that much, that was around the time I started watching so I wasn't aware that she was on before as Adrienne... her rivalry with Julie gave me life their scenes were always hilarious

May 05, 2014#10

Rosebud wrote:
                      lysie wrote:

Discuss!
                      I believe it was JER's Bonnie came in the middle of the Salem stalker storyline

"Fans watch for...the look...when Drake looks into Deidre's eyes, Charles looks into Patsy's eyes, & when Peter looks into Kristian's eyes, the audience feels the love between the characters they play, & that is the building block of a supercouple."- Sheri Anderson

King/QueenKing/Queen

May 05, 2014#11

DocandJohn4ever wrote:
                        Rosebud wrote:
                        lysie wrote:

Discuss!
                        I believe it was JER's Bonnie came in the middle of the Salem stalker storyline
                        Ah, the Salem Stalker story... When Reilly jumped the shark.

21K684
                        King/QueenKing/Queen
                        21K684

May 05, 2014#12

Bonnie was fun for what she was in the beginning. She did start to become a little too much though.
                          My current soap rankings
                          1. Days of our Lives
                          2. The Young and the Restless
                          3. The Bold and the Beautiful
                          4. General Hospital

17K1
                          King/QueenKing/Queen
                          17K1

May 05, 2014#13

Who's excited about Hope busting Caiden?? THIS GIRL! :)

May 05, 2014#14

jam6242 wrote:I'm so glad John Clarke didn't have to suffer through this story.
                              JC was in on the very beginning of the Bonnie horror. Then he retired. I remember thinking how happy I was that the man left with his dignity and did not participate in this trash.

Judi as Bonnie instead of Adrienne was bad enough...but Bickey was abominable. An epic fail by DOOL, IMO.

King/QueenKing/Queen

May 05, 2014#15

I don't know what was worse. The Mickey recast coupled with complete personality change or the character of Bonnie. Judi was loads of fun with her, but I just could NOT.
                                RIP Frances Reid. 12/9/1914-2/3/2010. Doughnuts shall never be the same.

78K19,812
                                AdminAdmin
                                78K19,812

May 05, 2014#16

Bonnie was by far the worst part of the show at that time. I like Judi Evans as Adrienne and I"m sure she had fun as Bonnie, but I'm not even willing to give her credit for being good as Bonnie. The whole thing was terrible.

Thanks to sixxers for my lovely banner!

17K1
                                  King/QueenKing/Queen
                                  17K1

May 05, 2014#17

HAHAHA! We actually get to see Ciara playing Roman like a fool. lol.

May 05, 2014#18

There's also Maggie/Sami talking about the custody agreement, Nick vs EJ, Kate vs Jordan (in an all-out catfight), Rafe/Gabi, and Hope/Aiden (still party planning).

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

May 05, 2014#19

Typical Reilly too, turn a character named Maureen that originated in a storyline that was supposed to be about poverty in America and domestic violence, and then turn her into redneck caricature and golddigger Bonnie. The entire show just downright stupid during this time period. Jumped the shark indeed! And not only did he destroy this character, but it was right around the same time they began to destroy Mimi. I also had a hard time with Bonnie being Patrick's mother too.

17K1
                                        King/QueenKing/Queen
                                        17K1

May 05, 2014#20

I can't wait to watch Aiden try to stall Hope from picking Ciara up (cause Ciara's busy trying to convince Roman to go with Giselle. lol).

May 05, 2014#21

Ciara succeeds at her mission to get Roman to go with Giselle - right as Hope gets there. lol. Hope wants to know what's up. Aiden arrives & tells Hope it's not Ciara's fault. Ciara calls Aiden "big mouth".
                                            I HEART THIS CHILD!!

May 05, 2014#22

It seems as though Ben's on as well today & continuing on with his "concerned for Abby" routine. lol.

May 05, 2014#23

Sami's now talking to Abby. Nick is at the Kiriakis mansion talking to Maggie. Kate & Jordan are still in the middle of their cat fight.

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

May 05, 2014#24

I guess it's not too uncommon for Days to change a character's name, a la Jeannie Theresa. 11 years ago we had Maureen Bonnie, mother of Miriam "Mimi" and Brian Patrick. I wonder why they didn't change Connor's name.

17K1
                                                  King/QueenKing/Queen
                                                  17K1

May 05, 2014#25

Hope isn't happy about what Ciara did. Ciara still gets chocolate from Aiden. Ciara & Aiden fist pump. lol. (yes, that will be GIFed.)

May 05, 2014#26

Abby's asking Ben about how she knows Jordan. EJ's thinking to himself in the DiMansion. Maggie tells Sami what happened with her convo with Nick. Jordan tells Ben she has to leave. Rafe bumps into Kate. Sami arrives at the DiMansion & wonders what's up with the cash EJ has.

King/QueenKing/Queen

May 05, 2014#27

naptown wrote:I guess it's not too uncommon for Days to change a character's name, a la Jeannie Theresa. 11 years ago we had Maureen Bonnie, mother of Miriam "Mimi" and Brian Patrick. I wonder why they didn't change Connor's name.
                                                        It's funny how it is never not stupid.
                                                        RIP Frances Reid. 12/9/1914-2/3/2010. Doughnuts shall never be the same.

17K1
                                                        King/QueenKing/Queen
                                                        17K1

May 05, 2014#28

Gabi, in talking to Ari, reveals that she doesn't really love Nick & has just been playing along because she doesn't have a choice.
                                                          Jordan sees Rafe & Kate talking at the pub.
                                                          Nick's talking to Abby.
                                                          EJ's actually pretending to be a DiMera.
                                                          Aiden, Hope, & Ciara share a box of chocolates.

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

May 05, 2014#29

I'm definitely NOT an EJ/Sami fan, but that last moment of today's episode made me kinda not hate them as much.

28K74
                                                            AdminAdmin
                                                            28K74

May 05, 2014#30

HOLY MOLY. Jordan just hauled off and slapped Kate & instantly got 1000 times more interesting
                                                              SOAP OPERA HISTORY TUMBLRS:
                                                              Classic Soap Opera Digest Covers
                                                              Vintage Weekly 1970s Soap Opera Recaps
                                                              Vintage Weekly DAYS Recaps
                                                              Vintage Weekly Capitol Recaps
                                                              CLASSIC SOAP OPERA DIGEST SYNOPSES TUMBLRS:
                                                              AMC - AW - ATWT - DAYS - The Doctors - EON - GH - GL- LOL - Loving - OLTL - RH - SFT - Texas - Y&R

My other writing projects:
                                                              The Storm Within - synopsis styled soap set in the 1950s
                                                              FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET - A long-form text based websoap set in the 1930s.
                                                              Promises to Keep - synopsis styled soap set in the 1950s
                                                              ALTsoaps - Weekly storyline synopses & behind the scenes news from the history of soap oparas from a parallel universe

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/kyleo71

Read more posts (256 remaining)