Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Social Media Posts, Week of May 5
Topic Started: May 5 2014, 06:24 AM (27,613 Views)
Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
May 9 2014, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry.

Lathering up with fans? Canadian days fans are going to be bathing with them?
Bwaaahhhh. Yep, I kept going please.....

FWIW, Branco's a pretty big GG fan to my knowledge, could be also why he got so many "lines" in this interview.....
Edited by Yoryla, May 10 2014, 06:02 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

fundays13
May 10 2014, 05:51 AM
thepadange
May 10 2014, 01:08 AM
Guy Wilson ‏@THEguywilson 4h
An intense day of "shooting" RT @saraGG14: @BlakeBerris @THEguywilson @KateMansi What do you think of Nick got shot on today episode? #DAYS
https://twitter.com/THEguywilson/status/464935901726912512
Kate mansi: what do you think of nick getting shot today?

Okay...... :ermm: it was fun?it was awful? It was cool? I loved it.? I hated it? Thats kind of a who cares question. Personally i would have preffwred he got shot in a different episode. :rolleyes:

It wasn't Kate Mansi asking the question.

The original tweet was from a fan named Sara Yu @saraGG14
Her question was addressed to @BlakeBerris @THEguywilson @KateMansi
and she was asking those three actors what they thought of the episode.

I'm not sure if she was asking them how it felt to act in the scenes, or the whole process ... or how it felt to watch the finished product .. or what did they think of the plotpoint that the character of Nick was shot. Not sure what she was asking specifically.

Guy replied that it was intense -- I assume he meant that the ensemble acting/filming process was intense -- because he said it was an intense day of shooting. He did add in the pun so not sure if it was a serious reply or not. And then he followed his reply with a RT (retweet) of the original in quotes (but he omitted the ending quotation mark).
Edited by nananana7, May 10 2014, 06:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Hope doesn't need Bo's permission to move on. - KA

Why on Earth would anyone grant an interview by that jerk off Nelson Branco? Ugh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 10 2014, 01:03 AM
Alison Sweeney @Ali_Sweeney 6h
Ahhh. @BlakeBerris you & Susan were SO good today!!! #DAYS
https://twitter.com/Ali_Sweeney/status/464904889739792385

Blake Berris @BlakeBerris 6h
@Ali_Sweeney awww! thank you Ali. miss you somethin fierce.
https://twitter.com/BlakeBerris/status/464918185427226624
I think one of my favorite things that came about from Nick's return in 2012 was his newfound rivalry with Sami. Those two are just way too fun together in scenes, and it depresses me that we won't be getting that anymore. Sigh.

Kudos to Blake Berris on an amazing second run.
Edited by am103, May 10 2014, 12:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

thepadange
Alison Sweeney ‏@Ali_Sweeney 6h

Blake Berris ‏@BlakeBerris 6h
Sniff...my Sick loving heart! :frownie:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

thepadange
Alison Sweeney ‏@Ali_Sweeney 6h

Blake Berris ‏@BlakeBerris 6h
I mourn the death of my Sick hook-up fantasy. Imagine the possibilities? The explosion of Will's head alone would've been worth it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

am103
May 10 2014, 12:09 PM
thepadange
Alison Sweeney @Ali_Sweeney 6h

Blake Berris @BlakeBerris 6h
I think one of my favorite things that came about from Nick's return in 2012 was his newfound rivalry with Sami. Those two are just way too fun together in scenes, and it depresses me that we won't be getting that anymore. Sigh.

Kudos to Blake Berris on an amazing second run.
Yep, loved #Sick!
Offline Profile Goto Top

fundays13
Member Avatar

nananana7
May 10 2014, 06:40 AM
fundays13
May 10 2014, 05:51 AM
thepadange
May 10 2014, 01:08 AM
Guy Wilson ‏@THEguywilson 4h
An intense day of "shooting" RT @saraGG14: @BlakeBerris @THEguywilson @KateMansi What do you think of Nick got shot on today episode? #DAYS
https://twitter.com/THEguywilson/status/464935901726912512
Kate mansi: what do you think of nick getting shot today?

Okay...... :ermm: it was fun?it was awful? It was cool? I loved it.? I hated it? Thats kind of a who cares question. Personally i would have preffwred he got shot in a different episode. :rolleyes:

It wasn't Kate Mansi asking the question.

The original tweet was from a fan named Sara Yu @saraGG14
Her question was addressed to @BlakeBerris @THEguywilson @KateMansi
and she was asking those three actors what they thought of the episode.

I'm not sure if she was asking them how it felt to act in the scenes, or the whole process ... or how it felt to watch the finished product .. or what did they think of the plotpoint that the character of Nick was shot. Not sure what she was asking specifically.

Guy replied that it was intense -- I assume he meant that the ensemble acting/filming process was intense -- because he said it was an intense day of shooting. He did add in the pun so not sure if it was a serious reply or not. And then he followed his reply with a RT (retweet) of the original in quotes (but he omitted the ending quotation mark).
Thanks for clearing that up. I still found it an odd question to ask
Offline Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

https://twitter.com/JaneKunitz/status/465313314202193920

Quote:

‏@JaneKunitz
The boys last day at DOOL will be May 23rd a big thanks to all the cast and crew it's been amazing experience, onward to the next adventure!
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Restless84
May 10 2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:

‏@JaneKunitz
The boys last day at DOOL will be May 23rd a big thanks to all the cast and crew it's been amazing experience, onward to the next adventure!
Well that's a pretty big story spoiler.

Still hoping we get to keep Allie (and Syd)

It would be just like Sami to only remember to take Johnny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Just a side note - I asked @JaneKunitz
& she replied that May 23rd is their last tape-date.

https://twitter.com/JaneKunitz/status/465319500939005952
Offline Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

concerned
May 10 2014, 09:48 PM
Restless84
May 10 2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:

‏@JaneKunitz
Well that's a pretty big story spoiler.

Still hoping we get to keep Allie (and Syd)

It would be just like Sami to only remember to take Johnny.
That date does seem to coincide with the date Alison might last be taping. I'm not completely sure but I think she said she was filming about 2 more weeks on Ellen. Johnny and Sydney will go with Sami but I'm praying Allie stays with Lucas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I would say the options are EJ goes to jail so Sami decides to leave town. EJ skips town after the affair is revealed and Sami can't stay because there are too many memories (stupid). EJ "dies" and Sami leaves town and they reveal that it was a faked death and they're living happily in Europe or something like that.

Seems like Sami will be around for maybe a month or so after EJ's exit. Two full weeks of taping could be a little less than a month of episodes if they work her hard until the end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

karenap63

six
May 7 2014, 08:48 PM
freedom
May 7 2014, 08:19 PM
six
May 7 2014, 07:54 PM
freedom
May 7 2014, 07:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepdidn'tother that 3 month time from Marlena/Darrell's tenure. Which is what people have been saying all day.

Besides that 3 month period, there is NOTHING to indicate that Sami was neglected by Marlena. She spent most of her life post-affair rejecting her mother --- not the other way around.
None of those things happened during MarDar's tenure.
Sami calling out Marlena for not attending Grace's funeral didhappen under MarDar's tenure. So that attempt to make Marlena look bad was that time frame I was citing (and DH had been fired from the show). So all that goes back to what people had been saying ---- not being able to cite anything post-affair to 2011 when MarDar tried to put the responsibility on Marlena for the bad relationship with Sami (though they backpedaled after a few months).

And I absolutely agree that Marlena having an affair hurt Sami and set her on the course of destruction. I don't know anyone who disagrees with that. But after everything Marlena did to try to make it up to Sami, Sami still chose hatred towards her mom. When Marlena sowed love and reconciliation, Sami sowed hatred and division. When Marlena sowed repentance, Sami sowed unforgiveness. When Marlena sowed trying to be there emotionally for Sami, Sami chose emotional rejection of her mother.

Marlena fucked up. But she owned it. She repented for it. She tried desperately to reconcile with her daughter. Sami chose hatred instead. She chose to put her mother through emotional hell for nearly 20 years as a result. All Sami had to do was say "Mom, I forgive you," and her relationship with her mom could have been as close as Carrie's. But Sami didn't want it that way.

I'm not talking about Sami calling Marlena out. I'm talking about what Marlena did, which is not show up. And that did not happen under MarDar. You keep repeating that nobody can find fault with Marlena's parenting outside of the period where MarDar was writing. This is obviously not true. You can disagree that Marlena messed up, or argue that she messed up and has done enough to make up for it, but you really should let the argument that "HyperSami" fans can only cite bad behavior from 2011 go.
:peek: I think it was not the issue of the affair, it was the issue where and how it happened. Sami saw it first hand at a young age. Eric/Carrie didn't witness it first hand. I still think Roman/Marlena should have gone their separate ways in 91. JMO
Edited by karenap63, May 11 2014, 12:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jmnmf

Already posted this in the Emmy thread on the daytime board, but figured it could go here too. Someone asked Judie (who does the promos) which scenes Chandler and Ari submitted for the awards this year, and she answered below. Apparently she edited the scenes for the academy.

@heyjude14: @lulumama2009 chandler's episode aired 2/22/13 and Ari's aired 11/15/13

Ari's submission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfvK-MghzbI

Chandler's submission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKRGI1sxuFc
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

karenap63
May 11 2014, 11:31 AM
six
May 7 2014, 08:48 PM
freedom
May 7 2014, 08:19 PM
six
May 7 2014, 07:54 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepdidn'tother
Sami calling out Marlena for not attending Grace's funeral didhappen under MarDar's tenure. So that attempt to make Marlena look bad was that time frame I was citing (and DH had been fired from the show). So all that goes back to what people had been saying ---- not being able to cite anything post-affair to 2011 when MarDar tried to put the responsibility on Marlena for the bad relationship with Sami (though they backpedaled after a few months).

And I absolutely agree that Marlena having an affair hurt Sami and set her on the course of destruction. I don't know anyone who disagrees with that. But after everything Marlena did to try to make it up to Sami, Sami still chose hatred towards her mom. When Marlena sowed love and reconciliation, Sami sowed hatred and division. When Marlena sowed repentance, Sami sowed unforgiveness. When Marlena sowed trying to be there emotionally for Sami, Sami chose emotional rejection of her mother.

Marlena fucked up. But she owned it. She repented for it. She tried desperately to reconcile with her daughter. Sami chose hatred instead. She chose to put her mother through emotional hell for nearly 20 years as a result. All Sami had to do was say "Mom, I forgive you," and her relationship with her mom could have been as close as Carrie's. But Sami didn't want it that way.

I'm not talking about Sami calling Marlena out. I'm talking about what Marlena did, which is not show up. And that did not happen under MarDar. You keep repeating that nobody can find fault with Marlena's parenting outside of the period where MarDar was writing. This is obviously not true. You can disagree that Marlena messed up, or argue that she messed up and has done enough to make up for it, but you really should let the argument that "HyperSami" fans can only cite bad behavior from 2011 go.
:peek: I think it was not the issue of the affair, it was the issue where and how it happened. Sami saw it first hand at a young age. Eric/Carrie didn't witness it first hand. I still think Roman/Marlena should have gone their separate ways in 91. JMO
Yet, Will saw Sami do the same thing to Rafe, but he did not use it as an excuse to be a psychotic ass for nearly 20 years to his mom. In fact, forgave in less than a year and didn't turn into a villain.

Sami, on the other hand, used it as an excuse to be a villain to her family and loved ones, and instead of taking responsibilty, blamed her mom for her evil deeds.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

DiMeraFan67
May 11 2014, 11:03 AM
Seems like Sami will be around for maybe a month or so after EJ's exit. Two full weeks of taping could be a little less than a month of episodes if they work her hard until the end.
I hope not. And if she is around that long, I hope her storyline is completely separate from Kristen's. I can see the temptation to make Sami the heroine that brings Kristen down, and I am NOT here for that.

I hope Ali Sweeney has long since finished taping by the time ED finishes.
Edited by freedom, May 11 2014, 04:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Peggy McCay is on the monitor in the pic Deidre posted with Shawn Christian. Can anyone tell if it's old or new?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Ari always gives her all in her work and she was truly outstanding in those scenes. I'm so happy to see her recognized with a nomination.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

lysie
May 11 2014, 03:48 PM
Peggy McCay is on the monitor in the pic Deidre posted with Shawn Christian. Can anyone tell if it's old or new?
Good question. I want to say it was taped around April 30, because KA posted a photo of her and Peggy with Peggy wearing those clothes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic