Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Social Media Posts, Week of May 5
Topic Started: May 5 2014, 06:24 AM (27,837 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

freedom
May 11 2014, 04:09 PM
lysie
May 11 2014, 03:48 PM
Peggy McCay is on the monitor in the pic Deidre posted with Shawn Christian. Can anyone tell if it's old or new?
Good question. I want to say it was taped around April 30, because KA posted a photo of her and Peggy with Peggy wearing those clothes.
I agree with this investigative conclusion. lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

jmnmf
May 11 2014, 02:33 PM
Already posted this in the Emmy thread on the daytime board, but figured it could go here too. Someone asked Judie (who does the promos) which scenes Chandler and Ari submitted for the awards this year, and she answered below. Apparently she edited the scenes for the academy.

@heyjude14: @lulumama2009 chandler's episode aired 2/22/13 and Ari's aired 11/15/13

Ari's submission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfvK-MghzbI

Chandler's submission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKRGI1sxuFc
Thank you for posting this!! What I'm about to say has nothing to do with the kind poster who shared the clips;
All these clips did was piss me off and here's why. Ari was fantastic as always but her clip reminded me with detail just how badly the show destroyed Ericole. I hope there's a way to redeem the horrible mistake they chose, not once but twice, and if there is I really wish they'd hurry up and do it. Some may argue Fetch is the worst mistake this show has done in years. They sure as shit don't help anything but I find the ridiculous "lets stall out an impeccable storyline in the worst way possible" decision to have Nicole shred that evidence regarding Eric to be THE single handed worst thing this show has done since it first hired Dena Higley. It stalled the story, yes but it took away the most beautiful transformation of one of my all time favorite characters and just ripped a hole in the core of what was once a budding relationship like none other on the show. Ari is so good in these scenes and I'm excited for someone who doesn't know what happens next to see them. I don't know if she could win....that will either go to Eileen or Eileen and Ari could cancel out each other. Ari may end up the new Susan Lucci of the daytime Emmys. It's a great clip and worthy....my mind just can not get over how the next chapter literally got on paper.

As for Chandler....I love Chandler and I felt he's been very worthy of the award wins he's received but the majority of us here agree he had long began phoning it in which is why I totally understood the reason to recast (although that wasn't the only reason or maybe not even a reason for the show)....but this reel is interesting because all I can do is see how great Blake Berris is. Chandler's not bad here but holy moly there were more exciting scenes than this. Chandler, to me, is just there. Blake doesn't have a ton here either but he's out shining the entire room. Chandler is an Emmy darling and that's whatever but based on this reel ALONE Blake deserved the nod over Chan Chan....and Blake had many many more intriguing things to pick as well.

I love seeing what actors submit so thanks for posting. Just my 2 cents and a dime. ;)
Edited by james0479, May 11 2014, 05:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

james0479
May 11 2014, 05:32 PM
jmnmf
Already posted this in the Emmy thread on the daytime board, but figured it could go here too. Someone asked Judie (who does the promos) which scenes Chandler and Ari submitted for the awards this year, and she answered below. Apparently she edited the scenes for the academy.

@heyjude14: @lulumama2009 chandler's episode aired 2/22/13 and Ari's aired 11/15/13

Ari's submission:

Chandler's submission:
Thank you for posting this!! What I'm about to say has nothing to do with the kind poster who shared the clips;
All these clips did was piss me off and here's why. Ari was fantastic as always but her clip reminded me with detail just how badly the show destroyed Ericole. I hope there's a way to redeem the horrible mistake they chose, not once but twice, and if there is I really wish they'd hurry up and do it. Some may argue Fetch is the worst mistake this show has done in years. They sure as shit don't help anything but I find the ridiculous "lets stall out an impeccable storyline in the worst way possible" decision to have Nicole shred that evidence regarding Eric to be THE single handed worst thing this show has done since it first hired Dena Higley. It stalled the story, yes but it took away the most beautiful transformation of one of my all time favorite characters and just ripped a hole in the core of what was once a budding relationship like none other on the show. Ari is so good in these scenes and I'm excited for someone who doesn't know what happens next to see them. I don't know if she could win....that will either go to Eileen or Eileen and Ari could cancel out each other. Ari may end up the new Susan Lucci of the daytime Emmys. It's a great clip and worthy....my mind just can not get over how the next chapter literally got on paper.

As for Chandler....I love Chandler and I felt he's been very worthy of the award wins he's received but the majority of us here agree he had long began phoning it in which is why I totally understood the reason to recast (although that wasn't the only reason or maybe not even a reason for the show)....but this reel is interesting because all I can do is see how great Blake Berris is. Chandler's not bad here but holy moly there were more exciting scenes than this. Chandler, to me, is just there. Blake doesn't have a ton here either but he's out shining the entire room. Chandler is an Emmy darling and that's whatever but based on this reel ALONE Blake deserved the nod over Chan Chan....and Blake had many many more intriguing things to pick as well.

I love seeing what actors submit so thanks for posting. Just my 2 cents and a dime. ;)
Chandler and Blake are not in the same category so I don't so it's irrelevant how they compare to one another.

Although, I loved the hospital scenes and I really think Chandler did an amazing job and he compares well with any actor on the show. If I were Chandler, I would have submitted the wedding reveal, when Sonny rejected him and when he was telling EJ about the baby and why he kept it a secret. Those were great scenes.
Edited by Kaha, May 11 2014, 06:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 11 2014, 05:07 PM
freedom
lysie
Peggy McCay is on the monitor in the pic Deidre posted with Shawn Christian. Can anyone tell if it's old or new?
Good question. I want to say it was taped around April 30, because KA posted a photo of her and Peggy with Peggy wearing those clothes.
Any thoughts on who is sitting across from her?
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
May 11 2014, 06:16 PM
Supergirlx2
freedom
lysie
Rafe, Eric, or John I think. Sorta looks more like John though to me. Hard to tell.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

He's in all black. She must be paying off a hitman.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

lysie
May 11 2014, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure how much money Caroline has saved up but if she picked the right hitman, perhaps chowder for life would be a method of payment. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ophelia
Member Avatar

james0479
Ari was fantastic as always but her clip reminded me with detail just how badly the show destroyed Ericole. I hope there's a way to redeem the horrible mistake they chose, not once but twice, and if there is I really wish they'd hurry up and do it. Some may argue Fetch is the worst mistake this show has done in years. They sure as shit don't help anything but I find the ridiculous "lets stall out an impeccable storyline in the worst way possible" decision to have Nicole shred that evidence regarding Eric to be THE single handed worst thing this show has done since it first hired Dena Higley. It stalled the story, yes but it took away the most beautiful transformation of one of my all time favorite characters and just ripped a hole in the core of what was once a budding relationship like none other on the show. Ari is so good in these scenes and I'm excited for someone who doesn't know what happens next to see them. I don't know if she could win....that will either go to Eileen or Eileen and Ari could cancel out each other. Ari may end up the new Susan Lucci of the daytime Emmys. It's a great clip and worthy....my mind just can not get over how the next chapter literally got on paper.
I'm with you. I had forgotten just how good the scenes were and why I loved Ericole so much. Ugh, I think I'm back to pretending that this is all a hallucination and Ericole is still locked in the basement.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Supergirlx2
freedom
lysie
No definitive idea, except that it's not Hope, Marlena, or Daniel (and yes, I'm stating the obvious. lol).

If I were to attempt to make an educated guess, I'd say it's probably Rafe, Eric, or Brady. It definitely looks like a male figure. And it doesn't look like what EJ, Will, or Sonny would be wearing. It could, in theory, be nu-Ben or that person returning whose name I won't mention. lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 11 2014, 06:45 PM
lysie
Supergirlx2
freedom

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Rafe, Eric, or John I think. Sorta looks more like John though to me. Hard to tell.
We haven't seen John in so long that I actually forgot that he was still around and very much a viable candidate for the "headless all-black figure talking to Caroline". lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

james0479
May 11 2014, 07:16 PM
lysie
May 11 2014, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure how much money Caroline has saved up but if she picked the right hitman, perhaps chowder for life would be a method of payment. ;)
Who is going to make the chowder?

That's a bad deal for the hitman.. I reckon Caroline's only got 5 more years in her and that's assuming she still remembers the chowder recipe.

Cooking and Alzheimers not a great combination.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

Supergirlx2
May 11 2014, 10:38 PM
blueskies
May 11 2014, 06:45 PM
lysie
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
We haven't seen John in so long that I actually forgot that he was still around and very much a viable candidate for the "headless all-black figure talking to Caroline". lol.
I don't see how he can go from literally being in the hospital the week before due likely to a serious injury, to sitting at the pub with Caroline, healthy as a horse, a few days later. But it's probably him, because I've seen that outfit before.

If he's hanging with his former mother, thats nice, but i want him in frequent scenes with Marlena working on his marriage. That should be his top priority.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

james0479
jmnmf

Ari's submission:

Chandler's submission:

And yet, BB didn't get a nom. Not sure what he submitted though, but I couldn't imagine him having a bad reel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic