Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the week of April 21-25, 2014
Topic Started: May 5 2014, 03:56 PM (1,665 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
May 6 2014, 01:09 AM
lysie
May 5 2014, 11:31 PM
daysjahvu
May 5 2014, 11:24 PM
outrageous
May 5 2014, 08:45 PM
Ironically the day of the "reveal" got the highest ratings.

This is what happens when viewers stop getting invested in storylines, couples and characters. What's the point? Days destroys every storyline, every couple and every character viewers get invested in. There is no joy, no focus on families or true love. They do the Einstein's definition of insanity - "the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
ITA...and the WTFery of a fake reveal killed Monday's ratings. I read the east coast pbp and took it off my dvr & didn't watch it once I found out it was a fake. I caught portions of it on YT so the idiot show runners wouldn't get any credit for putting out that kind of effort & pr into something that didn't even move the story forward. There were tons of others on twitter that did the same. It' so sad and it makes AS & JS look like geniuses for jumping ship before it gets any worse.
Except that they liked it and promoted it...

This was the beginning of sweeps, so it definitely isn't good, but there wasn't much promotion for the main story of the week. I'll be interested to see how the next two weeks are. Maybe, just maybe, that low in the demographics will help us get a new writer.
Be careful what you wish for lol. The ones we have now are once that were fired already. With our luck they'll rehire Dena.
Ha! I don't think if can get worse for me. But at the very least I might have hope again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

How about new writers and a new exec producer? I do believe a lot of these crap storylines are de Cozette's doing. Granted the writing stinks, but so do many of the ideas.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Delete
Edited by magicsteacher, May 6 2014, 09:30 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Quote:

TA...and the WTFery of a fake reveal killed Monday's ratings. I read the east coast pbp and took it off my dvr & didn't watch it once I found out it was a fake. I caught portions of it on YT so the idiot show runners wouldn't get any credit for putting out that kind of effort & pr into something that didn't even move the story forward. There were tons of others on twitter that did the same. It' so sad and it makes AS & JS look like geniuses for jumping ship before it gets any worse.

EJAMI has been one of the main reasons this ship has been sinking quality wise for the last 6 years...so yes I am glad they are jumping ship too...I can finally get my damn soap back.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 6 2014, 10:20 AM.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 6 2014, 10:18 AM
Quote:

TA...and the WTFery of a fake reveal killed Monday's ratings. I read the east coast pbp and took it off my dvr & didn't watch it once I found out it was a fake. I caught portions of it on YT so the idiot show runners wouldn't get any credit for putting out that kind of effort & pr into something that didn't even move the story forward. There were tons of others on twitter that did the same. It' so sad and it makes AS & JS look like geniuses for jumping ship before it gets any worse.

EJAMI has been one of the main reasons this ship has been sinking quality wise for the last 6 years...so yes I am glad they are jumping ship too...I can finally get my damn soap back.
WORD Mitch.... Word :hail:

SunAngel
Member Avatar

There is one reason the ratings are down. It's not EJami or EJabby or any of this. It's Fetch. Whenever Fetch are on the front burner, ratings go down. This has been consistent for a long time. What's in common of all the great sweeps periods of 2013? Barely any Fetch. You'd think the writers would get a clue.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

SunAngel
May 6 2014, 11:49 AM
There is one reason the ratings are down. It's not EJami or EJabby or any of this. It's Fetch. Whenever Fetch are on the front burner, ratings go down. This has been consistent for a long time. What's in common of all the great sweeps periods of 2013? Barely any Fetch. You'd think the writers would get a clue.
Dannifer are boring as hell and I hate their guts, but they haven't proven to be ratings killers. I think this is the first time the ratings have really tanked when they were heavily featured. I do think the combination of EJami and Dannifer is brutal and really hard to watch though. The whole show has been a bore for a couple of months now. There's a lot of blame to be passed around.

SunAngel
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 6 2014, 01:06 PM
SunAngel
Dannifer are boring as hell and I hate their guts, but they haven't proven to be ratings killers. I think this is the first time the ratings have really tanked when they were heavily featured. I do think the combination of EJami and Dannifer is brutal and really hard to watch though. The whole show has been a bore for a couple of months now. There's a lot of blame to be passed around.

Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe last year was a ratings killer too.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Quote:

:cheer: ICAM. I love EJ but I can't take more Ejami shoved down my throat so if they both gotta jump ship so be it. Maybe just maybe once they are gone, they can finally start paying attn to Jarlena! We last saw John 2 months ago it seems.

And if by chance they get new writers, can we please get a team that likes Lucas??? :frustration: It baffles me that he continually gets shunned in favor of Rafe and Dr Orangeglo.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

SunAngel
May 6 2014, 01:10 PM
DiMeraFan67
May 6 2014, 01:06 PM
SunAngel

Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe last year was a ratings killer too.
Yep, they were hitting 1.6 and 1.7 in the dailies during that time.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Whereas in last May Sweeps they were hitting 1.9 and 2.0..... and for the last week with the Kristen and Marlena reveal they were hitting 2.2 and 2.0 in the dailies.....

lysie
Member Avatar

There was a Dannifer heavy period not too terribly long ago where the ratings went up.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I love where Y&R is right now. not sure why the ratings are down so low but atleast the show got it's three year renewal before these shitty ratings

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

3WishGenie
May 6 2014, 01:13 PM
Mitchapalooza
Quote:

:cheer: ICAM. I love EJ but I can't take more Ejami shoved down my throat so if they both gotta jump ship so be it. Maybe just maybe once they are gone, they can finally start paying attn to Jarlena! We last saw John 2 months ago it seems.

And if by chance they get new writers, can we please get a team that likes Lucas??? :frustration: It baffles me that he continually gets shunned in favor of Rafe and Dr Orangeglo.
ICAM! It's time for Lucas to shine.

outrageous
Member Avatar

lysie
May 6 2014, 02:50 PM
There was a Dannifer heavy period not too terribly long ago where the ratings went up.
Thank you because I'm biting my tongue right now...

bygnedys

The trouble with taping so far ahead is they can't change something when it is not working.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply