Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, May 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 5 2014, 11:17 PM (12,227 Views)
Sweet and Salty

peaches179
May 6 2014, 04:09 PM
Starr
May 6 2014, 03:55 PM
throughthehourglass
May 6 2014, 03:11 PM
Starr
May 6 2014, 02:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepknow he will go berserk when he finds out what she did for love. I think Nicole would be better off with Rafe (when and if Jordan leaves town. Or even better with Aiden (woo-hoo) if Aiden and Hope don't make it. I don't know, I am still waiting for the perfect man for Nicole. Give her a break. :shrug:
Nah, Rafe is a goody two shoes as well. And I like Aiden with Hope. We need a new bad boy for Nicole.

I do agree that she needs a break, though.
True, "Throughthehourglass." I do love Aiden with Hope. I was thinking of adding the words, "... or someone new," but thought it was a given. Whoever he is, I would like him to be very stable for Nicole. Any ideas?

Aiden had more chemistry with Kayla in that one episode than I've seen with Hope since they've been interacting. Since some actors are leaving I would like MBE to get some more screen time and see how Kayla and Aiden would play each other off.
:iagree:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

What Abby did was wrong,but Nick isn't perfect,didn't he lose his virginity to his girlfriends mother,gross.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 7 2014, 09:11 AM
Rosebud
May 7 2014, 07:58 AM
I have absolutely no affection for Sami but I kind of sort of felt sorry for her yesterday to think that she thinks Elvis is so in tune with her and doing this hit on Nick because of their mutual disdain for Nick and what he's doing with Arianna and the drowning incident, but Elvis truly is just doing it because he doesn't want his infidelity exposed to her. It's really pathetic.
I think it might be the readon Sami forgives him it prooves that he loves her
when he goes to such lenght to keep her.
Seriously? How does it prove he loves her? How is killing Nick, instead of just admitting to Sami what he did, mean he loves her? More like he's a coward and a murderer.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

nananana7
May 7 2014, 11:27 AM
nananana7
May 7 2014, 10:33 AM
I'm appreciating the recently-revealed nuances in Gabi's character.

At first, the show presented it so that the audience would think Gabi was BELIEVING Nick's hocuspocus that WillSon would take baby Ari away from her.

In the past few episodes, we've learned that she is aware of what's going on, and not a stupid as she's led everyone to believe --
But at the same time ... she's *not* trying to manipulate for the reason we had been led to believe -- in that her her motive is that she's terrified, but not in the way I had assumed.

In the past few episodes, from the looks on Gabi's face and the terror in her eyes -- and from what she said privately to baby Arianna -- I think that things are not as they had seemed.

I think this is what's going on:

She's not dumb. She knows that Nick has become a vindictive asshole. But she's terrified.

Gabi is terrified of Nick. Completely terrified. She's seeming naive so that he won't hurt her.

But there's more ....

She knows he says he loves her but that his form of "love" is actually a desire to own her as a possession.

Gabi remembers that in November, when she refused to go to New York with him, he tried to rape her.
Therefore, she knows that if she rejects him now, he will turn on her again in an ugly way.

She is aware that Nick must be blackmailing everyone else into obeying him, even though he's never told her that. She doesn't want to believe it but she senses it nonetheless.
Gabi knows he maintains the facade that he's not blackmailing *her* but instead loves her -- but she intuitively detects a subtle blackmailing undercurrent from him anyhow.
And she knows that if she rejects him, he will activate his blackmail threat by turning her in to the police.

The thing I had been *assuming* was ... that she didn't care about the custody issue, but she just didn't want to go to jail for AndrewMelanieDaysaster or for throwing Nick into the river ... and therefore she was simply using Nick to get what she wants.
I thought it was all about her just wanting her freedom from jail and she didn't care who else was hurt.

But in the past few days, the audience has been shown her inner turmoil that's more complicated than that.

When she said to Rafe: "they will take the baby away from me", she wasn't referring to WillSon.
She was referring to the court system as "They".

When she said privately to baby Ari "I won't let you be separated from me, so I will stay with Nick even though I don't love him, and maybe someday I will gradually begin to care about him" --
--- I think THIS is what she's thinking:
If she rejects Nick, then Nick will take revenge by turning her into the police and the court will separate her from Arianna.

Her motivation is not that she fears jail.
Her motivation is that jail and the courts will take Ari away from her.

She's sad about giving Will limited visitation and knows that's unfair --
and feels terrible about it ...
but if she agrees with Nick, at least all three (will, sonny, gabi) would be able to see Ari sometimes.

But if she rejects Nick, he'll get her jailed and testify against her so she'll never see Ari again at all.

Gabi's fear of jail is *not* as selfish as I had thought.

It's not her selfishly thinking only about her losing her freedom.

It's about her fear of never seeing baby Arianna again.
THAT is why she's afraid of Nick.

I credit all of this nuance to actress Camila Banus who has really impressed me. Interesting since I had resented her character since the daysaster. It takes a lot for an actor/actress to impress me when I dislike the character.

I still want Gabi to tell Abby about the MelanieAndrewDaysaster thing. Because of Jack. I think that's important.

But I see there are nuances to Gabi's character I hadn't previously understood.

edit to add: Even if Nick dies, Gabi should privately tell Abby about AndrewDaysaster -- just for clarity and closure and healing for both of them regarding Jack.
Furthermore, i *want* that truth about Andrew to be revealed! It must happen!

Edit again ...
I think Abby will be furious at Gabi -- and rightly so!
But I think Abby would eventually forgive Gabi for Andrew ... or maybe not "forgive" but at least be appreciative of Gabi taking responsibility.

One more edit:
Maybe the empathy would be because Abby will understand how terrified Gabi was of Nick -- seeing as Abby is scared of Nick herself. And maybe Abby wouldn't turn Gabi in to the police for the Daysaster issue.

WilSonJAb33
May 7 2014, 10:57 AM
I see what your saying but doing right but her child and Will should out weigh any of it if that it what Gabi fears most.
The reason she about to be in the mess she is in is because she about to allow everyone to believe that she WANTS to limit Will time with his daughter. It still any way you look at it boils down to be selfish because if she make Nick believe she right with him the *SHE* keeps her daughter
her guilt doesn't matter when she is will to deny Will's rights.
What I found most outrageous was the fact that Gabi actual told her 'uncle nick' loves her (Arianna) and well as loving Gabi.
It take a lot of nerve for Gabi to lie to her child about Nick loving her child
couple with not mentioning Sonny at all (which Sonny does love Arianna) and to say Nick love Arianna in the breath of the other truth that WILL does love his daughter.. that take NERVE and tons of it and is entirely inappropriate. I am at the point that regardless of her reasons I am hoping the courts do take Arianna from Gabi because regardless what GABI is doing is wrong Gabi won't learn with out her biggest fear being realized. She might no on some level that what she is doing in wrong but the law doesn't allow a parent to lie in order to limit another parents right regardless of her reasons this is exactly what Gabi is doing.

I think Gabi is trying to convince herself that Nick loves Gabi and Arianna, even though she simultaneously realizes he's become a psycho.

That's a paradox --- but I think her fear is so overwhelming that she cannot think rationally.

It's still wrong for Gabi to limit the baby's time with Will.
BUT ...
I think she's still trying to *convince* herself that if she's *nice* to Nick, then maybe he'll give her permission to allow Will to see the baby more often that the custody agreement says.

She still hasn't realized that no matter how *nice* she is, Nick will always be in control. This is classic of a battered woman and classic of an emotionally abused woman.

I really wish the show would address this:
http://butchramblings.com/2013/02/13/battered-woman-syndrome-not-just-about-physical-abuse/
http://www.loveisrespect.org/is-this-abuse/types-of-abuse/what-is-emotional-verbal-abuse

This is EXACTLY what Nick is doing:
See the section on this link under "emotional abuse"
https://www.musc.edu/vawprevention/research/defining.shtml
Quote:
Acting jealous and suspicious of the partner's friends and social contacts

Putting down one's partner's friends and/or family

Monitoring the partner's time and whereabouts

Monitoring oneís partnerís telephone calls or e-mail contact

Stomping out of a room during an argument or heated discussion

Sulking and refusing to talk about an issue

Making decisions that affect both people or the family without consulting one's partner or without reaching agreement with one's partner
End quote.

Until she breaks free of this ... she is completely subservient to Nick and she is unable to choose what is legally/morally right.
This much is true which is why I think that her biggest fear occurring is the only way in which Gabi would realize the truth of what Nick's doing.

If Gabi's actions by the court are seen as her unfairly denying Will his rights as Arianna's father *Which could happen* I think she won't realize Nick effect on her till after
Spoiler: click to toggle
and there for follow through on the plan as if he is not.

S loves EJ

Rosebud
May 7 2014, 11:56 AM
S loves EJ
Rosebud
I have absolutely no affection for Sami but I kind of sort of felt sorry for her yesterday to think that she thinks Elvis is so in tune with her and doing this hit on Nick because of their mutual disdain for Nick and what he's doing with Arianna and the drowning incident, but Elvis truly is just doing it because he doesn't want his infidelity exposed to her. It's really pathetic.
Seriously? How does it prove he loves her? How is killing Nick, instead of just admitting to Sami what he did, mean he loves her? More like he's a coward and a murderer.
In the fake out episode Sami it won't be only me like she was doubting EJ
only wanting her, but Abby was obviously a mistake to EJ because if he
Wanted her he would be going after her but instead he is doing everything
possible to hold on to Sami since she is the woman he wants so Sami won't
have to doubt that.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Rosebud
May 7 2014, 11:56 AM
S loves EJ
Rosebud
I absolutely agree with your assessment.If he truly loved her,he would have kept it in his pants.Unless I missed something the pictures of EJ and Abby were taken when they went back to the cabin the second time after the cabinsex.If he had just ended things completely when they left the cabin the first time,there would likely be no actual proof of his sexual trysts with Abby.I think EJ decided to kill Nick when Nick said Sami would never forgive him.EJ believes what Nick said about Sami never forgiving him,that her "love" for him has limits, and that was the crucial factor in his decision to have Nick killed.No matter how he chooses to spin it,EJ is a selfish ego centric pig who chose not to be faithful to the woman "he loves more than his life"and has decided him getting what he wants,hanging on to Sami,is more important that the life of another person.

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 7 2014, 04:11 AM
BeeBee
May 7 2014, 01:56 AM
Rosebud
May 6 2014, 08:18 PM
Mitchapalooza
May 6 2014, 02:11 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Rapist, kidnapper, embezzler, attempted murderer, internal organ thief, etc, etc...monster is an understatement.
I find it interesting that EJ had no plans to kill Nick until Nick threatened to reveal his hook up with Abby.It says a lot about him as a person that he would lie to Sami and voluntarily cheat on her then decide to kill Nick to keep his cheating secret.Yep thats a great reason for Nick to die.I am finally convinced that unlike Nick,EJ really has changed.Nothing says "changed man" like hiring a hit man to kill somone to cover up an affair.
I think EJ hiring a hitman says that he is a true Dimera just like he should be
he isn't suppose to change apart from treating Sami better than in the past,
And for Sami to be right for EJ she needs to accept his dark side and not
want him to change and turn him into Everett like last year. It is a concern
I have been having about Ejami but hopefully the writers will put those
concerns to rest and don't let Sami have to much cold feet. I think EJ been
best written in 2007 and 2009 with the Dimera/Kiriakies war and even if I
haven't totally bought him loving Nicole I like that she made for a pretty
good Dimera wife I just wish I felt they had more chemistry whether it's
lack of chemistry or the writings fault.
EJ's only posturing because Nick told him he wasn't a true Dimera but a pussy.

Unfortunately his bruised ego has led him to rush in and do something stupid.

Oh and letting Sami in on what he did was a bad idea she's going to sing like a bird.

He used to be smarter.

S loves EJ

I don't see how EJ's other attempted murders was smartet they were just as
stupid and unless Sami tells EJ to stop the hit on thursday's show she can't
sing because she will be quilty too.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Nick and Abby:

Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

astropastel
May 6 2014, 03:41 PM
Opposites attract imagine 24/7 daylight or night. You need the dark and the light. I don't think a well write Ericole pairing would be boring at all. We all know Nicole is always into some type of perilous situation. We also know that would drive Eric crazy and when those 2 argue its electric. G V and A Z have of the charts chemistry when they disagree, could you imagine the make up sex.
But Eric and Nicole aren't those kinds of people. At least Eric isn't. He doesn't long for fights and fight sex and electricity. He's a calm and rational person who just wants to be happy and live a nice life. And I'm happy to see that in a character. That is also however why I do not see him and Nicole together and working at all. Because Nicole isn't that kind of a girl deep down. She wants to be loved, yes, but being active, and wild, and at the center of where it's happening is another part of her. It comes naturally for her and if she starts to forcifully play it down, it's going to look awful for the show. It's going to be the same situation as it was with Sami and Rafe, with Sami portraying as the Stepford wife she never was. I don't want that same to happen to Nicole, ever.

You actually just pretty much described EJ and Sami there. lol

Edited by Yoryla, May 11 2014, 04:49 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

AmbernOK
May 6 2014, 03:18 PM
throughthehourglass
May 6 2014, 03:14 PM
The Ericole proposal was REALLY sweet. But what does it matter? The writers ruined a couple with so much potential... all for the sake of a stupid plot point. Eric will dump Nicole in a heartbeat once the truth comes out.
I think he will be hurt...but I think he will forgive her. After all, that rape accusation was worse...and Nicole forgave him. Time for Eric to stand up for Nicole!
I don't think it was necessarily worse. I mean, first of all, it was an accusation, not something he had actually done to her. Secondly, it was over pretty fast, as I recall it was about three weeks from the accusation scenes to the wedding reveal.

What Nicole did was that she completely took away Eric's right and ability to choose. To choose what *he* wanted out of life and what he himself thought was best. If I know Eric as a character at all, he is not going to forgive her. I also hope he doesn't either because that on the other hand would ruin his own character and make him look weak. I wouldn't forgive if I were him.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
May 6 2014, 04:10 PM
Starr
May 6 2014, 03:55 PM
throughthehourglass
May 6 2014, 03:11 PM
Starr
May 6 2014, 02:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepknow he will go berserk when he finds out what she did for love. I think Nicole would be better off with Rafe (when and if Jordan leaves town. Or even better with Aiden (woo-hoo) if Aiden and Hope don't make it. I don't know, I am still waiting for the perfect man for Nicole. Give her a break. :shrug:
Nah, Rafe is a goody two shoes as well. And I like Aiden with Hope. We need a new bad boy for Nicole.

I do agree that she needs a break, though.
True, "Throughthehourglass." I do love Aiden with Hope. I was thinking of adding the words, "... or someone new," but thought it was a given. Whoever he is, I would like him to be very stable for Nicole. Any ideas?
I'd enjoy her with a Kiriakis :)
Yep. To me, Nicole was at her most best, and truest, whilst in the Kiriakis mansion. I still remember her living there *vividly* after everyone thought Victor had died. A mansion is where Nicole belongs to, with a martini in hand, and planning her next exposay on the townfolk.

concerned
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 11 2014, 04:40 PM
AmbernOK
throughthehourglass
The Ericole proposal was REALLY sweet. But what does it matter? The writers ruined a couple with so much potential... all for the sake of a stupid plot point. Eric will dump Nicole in a heartbeat once the truth comes out.
I think he will be hurt...but I think he will forgive her. After all, that rape accusation was worse...and Nicole forgave him. Time for Eric to stand up for Nicole!
I don't think it was necessarily worse. I mean, first of all, it was an accusation, not something he had actually done to her. Secondly, it was over pretty fast, as I recall it was about three weeks from the accusation scenes to the wedding reveal.

What Nicole did was that she completely took away Eric's right and ability to choose. To choose what *he* wanted out of life and what he himself thought was best. If I know Eric as a character at all, he is not going to forgive her. I also hope he doesn't either because that on the other hand would ruin his own character and make him look weak. I wouldn't forgive if I were him.
He had supposedly already made his choice.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

concerned
May 11 2014, 05:51 PM
Yoryla
AmbernOK
throughthehourglass

Well, yea, but to me it was evident he was still very much conflicted and missing the priesthood and he only "made" the choice because he had been pushed to that direction from the church not letting him stay on. That's not a real decision. A real decision happens when the playing field is even, when you can actually choose from two things and know you could do either one.
Edited by Yoryla, May 12 2014, 07:47 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 12 2014, 04:59 AM
concerned
Yoryla
AmbernOK

Well, yea, but to me it was evident he was still very much conflicted ans midding the priesthood and he only "made" the choice because he had been pushed to that direction from the church not letting him stay on. That's not a real decision. A real decision happens when the playing field is even, when you can actually choose from two things and know you could do either one.
I think Nicole's transgression is egregious not because she robed Eric of a choice but because she robed him of a chance to clear his name and to reclaim a little bit of his dignity back. She also robed him of peace of mind. I am sure he would've preferred that the truth is known and instead of seen as the priest who willingly had sex with one of his parishioners, the world knows the truth.

What's ironic is Nicole practically set Kristen free. I am sure when Kristen comes back she will taunt her to no end.

What makes me angry about this thing is it made no sense at all for Nicole to do that. She was risking her life and committed to getting a proof even though she knew she had no chance with Eric. But then, out of nowhere and without anything leading to it she decides to destroy the evidence. It just doesn't make sense. Terrible and lazy writing.
Edited by Kaha, May 12 2014, 08:18 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 12 2014, 07:34 AM
Yoryla
May 12 2014, 04:59 AM
concerned
Yoryla

Well, yea, but to me it was evident he was still very much conflicted ans midding the priesthood and he only "made" the choice because he had been pushed to that direction from the church not letting him stay on. That's not a real decision. A real decision happens when the playing field is even, when you can actually choose from two things and know you could do either one.
What's ironic is Nicole practically set Kristen free. I am sure when Kristen comes back she will taunt her to no end.
Yep, I hope Kristen sends her a gift basket :P
Edited by Yoryla, May 12 2014, 07:49 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply