Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of May 19th; *updated 5/11*
Topic Started: May 6 2014, 03:29 PM (28,840 Views)
Sparrow

It seems like there would be more story if Nicole and Eric were interacting more with Sami and EJ fer crying out loud. Sami and Nicole hate each other, Nicole is marrying Sami's twin, was married to her fiance and almost (should have) had his baby. Sami should be scheming to break them up. She should have found be blackmailing Nicole with the found evidence to break up with Eric. She should be Kate to Eric's Lucas. Instead the show insists on getting Fetch all over them since Nicole and EJ aren't allowed to be in any scenes together.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Thanks concerned for the interview......

S loves EJ

Yoryla
May 10 2014, 05:36 AM
astropastel
May 9 2014, 08:31 PM
Kaha
May 9 2014, 08:25 PM
I don't understand this insistence that every woman on this show has to have a child. It's like she's nothing without a baby. Why can't Nicole be content without a baby. She can also adopt a child if she desperately wants one. She was willing to steal one so biology is not that important to her.

And Abigail, why would anyone wants to saddle Abigail with EJ's baby, as a reminder for when she was nothing but an ego boost to EJ? How is this empowering her?
I think in the case of Nicole its that she wants a child so badly. I do think she would be a better mother then most if not all of the women who already have children on the show.
To me, with Nicole, it's not about how she would possibly be a better mother than some of the others, I mean, she probably would be, but let's face it, soap mothers are usually pretty much on the same level, or if someone is better than someone else, it's just usually because the show says so, I mean we really don't have much proof of that. However, to me, why Nicole deserves a child, is because her children have been wrongfully taken from her. She has *earned* the right to have her own child. And I remember when she was having DR, I was almost a hundred percent certain that she would end up having that child. The actual idea that she could not have that child never even entered my mind. To up until last year or somewhere around that I still kept thinking that she could definitely get her baby back somehow, that Stefano had arranged for it to be taken, etc. I just still cannot believe it. I mean, there was no way they were going to take away a baby that could have and would have driven so much story on the show, I mean, EJ and her has just divorced, and both of them were in other orbits. Plus it would have been classic soap to have EJ have children with two separate women and solidified his bond to both forever, also meaning that they would forever in each other's orbits. That's like soap 101, and has been done with every soap nearly, I mean B&B with Eric, Stephanie and Brooke, Y&R with Victor, Nikki and Ashley, on GH with Sonny, Alexis, Olivia and Carly. I thought for one hundred percent certainty it would happen. But no.... and as it was, it became obvious and quite quick that they wouldn't even let Nicole and him even interact anymore....... side-eye.....

Either the actors or the writers are not interested in Ejole which means it unlikely they will get back to Ejole in the future. I donīt think the writers are against giving Nicole a child though they just didnīt want her to have one with EJ, since Ericole will make love before the truth comes out I think itīs likely Nicole will get pregnant and that is how Ericole will get through her lies. I personally isnīt interested in Ericole though the only relationship I would possibly be interested in seeing Nicole in would be with EJ, since just about any scene is interesting with him at least among the men that is currently on the show. I think Ericole has chemistry but Eric is to much of a saint for Nicole and for me, maybe Eric would have been an interesting character if he had been more grey since I think GV is a good actor.

marie1969

astropastel
May 9 2014, 08:31 PM
Kaha
May 9 2014, 08:25 PM
I don't understand this insistence that every woman on this show has to have a child. It's like she's nothing without a baby. Why can't Nicole be content without a baby. She can also adopt a child if she desperately wants one. She was willing to steal one so biology is not that important to her.

And Abigail, why would anyone wants to saddle Abigail with EJ's baby, as a reminder for when she was nothing but an ego boost to EJ? How is this empowering her?
I think in the case of Nicole its that she wants a child so badly. I do think she would be a better mother then most if not all of the women who already have children on the show.
I know it is an unpopular opinion, I don't get why anyone would think Nicole would make a better mother or even a good mother. Nicole is not a good person. I realize that this notion is probably based on Sydole, but I personally found that relationship creepy and disturbing being that she literally kidnapped Sydney as infant from her mother. Another reason I doubt Nicole would be a good mother is the way she treated Grace. She put her in a drawer minutes after she was born LOL. Who does that? Grace was not a piece of laundry. Then she traded her up for another baby with the right DNA the same day after promising Maya she would take care of her little girl baby forever and ever.

I know they showcased Sydole a great deal but it was because it WAS the story at the time and they needed Nicole to have some redeeming qualities being that she was basically a child kidnapper.

IMO, all soap mothers are lousy mostly because kids are merely plot points. They display them to prop stories and they file them away until they are needed again.

I am not a Nicole fan by any means, but I would not mind her having a child though or finding a man who loves her unconditionally. I do think Eric genuinely loves her, I am just not sure that Nicole has it in her to love anyone unconditionally. What she did to Eric just now makes me question her ability to put anyone first even her own child.

Restless84
Member Avatar

Sparrow
May 10 2014, 05:53 AM
It seems like there would be more story if Nicole and Eric were interacting more with Sami and EJ fer crying out loud. Sami and Nicole hate each other, Nicole is marrying Sami's twin, was married to her fiance and almost (should have) had his baby. Sami should be scheming to break them up. She should have found be blackmailing Nicole with the found evidence to break up with Eric. She should be Kate to Eric's Lucas. Instead the show insists on getting Fetch all over them since Nicole and EJ aren't allowed to be in any scenes together.
ITA. I hate Nicole and Eric being in Fetch's orbit. I don't even know when the last time was that Nicole and EJ had scenes together.

marie1969

Yoryla
May 10 2014, 05:21 AM
fundays13
May 9 2014, 04:40 PM
phloe3
May 9 2014, 04:26 PM
I am sure Nicole isn't going to do anything that crazy. She probably just tries to get Eric out of town
Since it's an outrageous lie,she could tell Eric she s dying and wants to go live with him on a desserted island.
Yea, I mean, what on earth could even *qualify* for an "outrageous lie", I mean, pregnancy would have been one but if they only have sex on the day before or so... I don't see what else there could be unless she tells him she's dying lolololol
I think she pulled the 'I am dying' stunt years ago with Eric when she was married to Lucas and still wanted Eric. But it is not like the writers have never recycled stories before.

marie1969

Sparrow
May 10 2014, 05:53 AM
I for one have no interest in seeing Sami involved in that Ericole mess on her final months in Salem. It is bad enough she is constantly propping Wilson, but enough is enough. Sami has her hands full with the kids (I want more ejamily please) murder, the reveal and the upcoming wedding. No thanks Sami has more than enough story. Ericole can have stories with Dannifer so I can fast forward them all together.

freedom

Eh, it doesn't matter who Nicole is interacting with, the problem is Nicole herself and the crappy choices she makes. It's her own fault and responsibility.

camera shy

freedom
May 10 2014, 10:39 AM
Eh, it doesn't matter who Nicole is interacting with, the problem is Nicole herself and the crappy choices she makes. It's her own fault and responsibility.
We've seen other characters make crappy choices too, but they're allowed to have children and happiness. Why not Nicole?

S loves EJ

Yoryla
May 10 2014, 05:21 AM
fundays13
May 9 2014, 04:40 PM
phloe3
May 9 2014, 04:26 PM
I am sure Nicole isn't going to do anything that crazy. She probably just tries to get Eric out of town
Since it's an outrageous lie,she could tell Eric she s dying and wants to go live with him on a desserted island.
Yea, I mean, what on earth could even *qualify* for an "outrageous lie", I mean, pregnancy would have been one but if they only have sex on the day before or so... I don't see what else there could be unless she tells him she's dying lolololol

Maybe Nicole will say she found the evidence shredded and been putting the peaces back together as a wedding gift. I donīt know why the writers had Nicole shredd the evidence I guess they think all couples need angst the problem is this particular angst makes Nicole look not good enough for Eric who is practically a saint, but I think the writers still going to continue to write for Ericole since I donīt see anywhere else to go with Nicoleīs character now that JS is leaving.

I think Nicole would make for a good mother I do think she loved Sydney even though she kidnapped her, but since Iīm more of an Ejami fan than Ejole fan I canīt get behind changing Sydneyīs maternity but I do think she should have an other child even if Iīm not interested in seeing her as a mother unless maybe the babyīs father was EJ. I like Nicole when she is being snarky or funny (sometimes I found her to be whiny though and then I donīt like her) but she is mostly that with Kristen or EJ so with them gone I doubt I would be interested in her character.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

A foreign adoption storyline would be so wonderful....

waterlilly
Member Avatar

Or a special needs adoption.

S loves EJ

I think they will make Nicole pregnant by Eric since I donīt see how Eric is suppose to be able to forgive Nicole otherwise, plus it could make for good angst for them with Eric being pissed with her but the child bounds them.

freedom

camera shy
May 10 2014, 10:48 AM
freedom
We've seen other characters make crappy choices too, but they're allowed to have children and happiness. Why not Nicole?
No I'm talking about some people acting like the problem with Nicole is that she is hanging around Dan and Jennifer. And if she were out of their orbit, things would be better. No, it wouldn't. It wouldn't matter if Nicole were in this story with Brady, Sami, EJ, etc. it's still the same: Nicole making bad choices and needing to own up to her responsility for it. That's on Nicole.

Instead of griping about her being with Fetch, you should gripe that Nicole has turned back into a desperate, lying person. And that's not because she's in Fetch's orbit. It's because she pulls shit like this.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

freedom
May 10 2014, 11:01 AM
camera shy
freedom
No I'm talking about some people acting like the problem with Nicole is that she is hanging around Dan and Jennifer. And if she were out of their orbit, things would be better. No, it wouldn't. It wouldn't matter if Nicole were in this story with Brady, Sami, EJ, etc. it's still the same: Nicole making bad choices and needing to own up to her responsility for it. That's on Nicole.

Instead of griping about her being with Fetch, you should gripe that Nicole has turned back into a desperate, lying person. And that's not because she's in Fetch's orbit. It's because she pulls shit like this.
Actually, people HAVE griped about this very thing.Case in point: The whole document shredding incident.

freedom

ladyofthelake
May 10 2014, 11:04 AM
freedom
camera shy
freedom

Actually, people HAVE griped about this very thing.Case in point: The whole document shredding incident.
Not as much as people wanting to blame her for being in Dan and Jennifer's orbit. I rarely see Nicole fans blaming Nicole for Nicole's choices and actions. What Nicole did was a pretty basic (and crappy) move for Nicole. It wouldn't matter whose orbit she was in. Nicole's choices are not Dan and Jen's fault, and being out of their orbit wouldn't fix the problem. The problem is Nicole.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

I find Nicole and Eric's relationship complicated but I don't know how to explain it. Nicole seems to need to be loved, be first in someone's life. She really needs to heal and learn to love herself and not look for validation from someone else. Eric seems to be such a good and devoted person, he seems to be replacing his devotion and passion for The Church with kind of an obsession with Nicole. I don't think either one of them is truly in love right now or even capable of it.

blueskies
Member Avatar

How can they prove the letter is legit and not a forgery?

camera shy

freedom
May 10 2014, 11:11 AM
ladyofthelake
freedom
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Not as much as people wanting to blame her for being in Dan and Jennifer's orbit. I rarely see Nicole fans blaming Nicole for Nicole's choices and actions. What Nicole did was a pretty basic (and crappy) move for Nicole. It wouldn't matter whose orbit she was in. Nicole's choices are not Dan and Jen's fault, and being out of their orbit wouldn't fix the problem. The problem is Nicole.
I think most of us Nicole's fans have complained plenty about the way Nicole is written. Not many of us wanted to see her lie to EJ about their son, not many of us wanted to see her lie about Jennifer being responsible for her son's death and not many of us wanted to see her shredd the evidence that would have cleared Eric's name. And I'd take her interacting with Dannifer morning, noon and night if she was allowed to make the right choices and find happiness. But this show insist on writting her as Salem's whipping girl.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

freedom
May 10 2014, 11:11 AM
ladyofthelake
freedom
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I'll have to concede, since I don't count the number of posts on various topics. Suffice it to say that I tend to put the blame directly where it should go: on the writers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply