Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 7 2014, 12:23 AM (11,579 Views)
CJ127

Matt
May 7 2014, 12:03 PM
Sami, if you have to keep pulling your dress down, it's probably both too tight & too short
OMG. I was thinking the same thing yesterday.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Abigail is just a dumbass wanting to go tell her mommy that she slept with a man, an engaged man, a bad man. She is also a moron thinking that a DiMera can't handle Nick. I hate this character.

Will is terrible. Get rid of him.

Nick was once again fabulous in his discussion with Sami. Why kill the one character that can actually walk a line of good/bad and intriguing? Oh well.

Dear Sami, stick to your choice before Nick drowns you in the river.

Dannifer suck and all things Daniel are a giant pass.

I REALLY want to care about Ericole but it just feels like they blew it.

concerned
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 8 2014, 02:40 PM
Kaha
May 8 2014, 08:08 AM
By the way, did you like Blake's acting today? Did he impress you at last? Not wanting to derail the topic again, but I am really interested to know your take on today's episode. If you want, make the comments at the daily episode thread.
Just to answer this question, since I promised I would in another thread...no, I didn't see anything impressive about Blake Berris' acting in Wednesday's episode (or Thursday's episode, for that matter). He was just doing the dumb "dazed, confused, and stammering" routine at the beginning of the episode that he had previously done at Arianna's christening, and I didn't believe for a second that Nick was being sincere in those scenes. Then he was doing the campy thing later in the episode that he's been doing for months.

Beyond that, I'm just finding this whole Pity Party Tour 2014 thing ridiculously pathetic. I might be able to muster an ounce of sympathy for Nick if any of his whiny complaints were the least bit true, but they're not. No one trusts or likes Nick because he's actively giving them plenty of reasons not to trust or like him. It's not like he's turned into a modern-day Jack or anything.

Oh, and I hate that the writers are still trying to sell that complete and utter bullshit about Will originally being willing and eager to give up his parental rights to Arianna just so that he could be with Sonny. It's not true, it's never been true, and it will never be true. :soapbox:
There is a difference between liking Nick and liking Blake Berris.

Nick's all sorts of wrong but Blake Berris is making him very entertaining in a show that is otherwise lacking in entertainment value at the moment.

Will&Sonny

concerned
May 8 2014, 03:41 PM
Will&Sonny
Kaha
By the way, did you like Blake's acting today? Did he impress you at last? Not wanting to derail the topic again, but I am really interested to know your take on today's episode. If you want, make the comments at the daily episode thread.
Just to answer this question, since I promised I would in another thread...no, I didn't see anything impressive about Blake Berris' acting in Wednesday's episode (or Thursday's episode, for that matter). He was just doing the dumb "dazed, confused, and stammering" routine at the beginning of the episode that he had previously done at Arianna's christening, and I didn't believe for a second that Nick was being sincere in those scenes. Then he was doing the campy thing later in the episode that he's been doing for months.

Beyond that, I'm just finding this whole Pity Party Tour 2014 thing ridiculously pathetic. I might be able to muster an ounce of sympathy for Nick if any of his whiny complaints were the least bit true, but they're not. No one trusts or likes Nick because he's actively giving them plenty of reasons not to trust or like him. It's not like he's turned into a modern-day Jack or anything.

Oh, and I hate that the writers are still trying to sell that complete and utter bullshit about Will originally being willing and eager to give up his parental rights to Arianna just so that he could be with Sonny. It's not true, it's never been true, and it will never be true. :soapbox:
There is a difference between liking Nick and liking Blake Berris.
Of course there is. I just happen to not like either at the moment. That might seem inconceivable to those who are fans of Blake Berris, but it is nevertheless true. I don't find him entertaining at all; in fact, it's just the opposite for me -- he's the absolute worst part of the entire show for me, and I can't stand seeing him. That goes for the character and the actor at this point. (I say "at this point" because, as I have said before, I didn't actively dislike Blake before he started doing his campy thing when Nick returned from the dead, but I didn't think that the actor was particularly impressive back then, either. He was just sort of there for me.)

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

concerned
May 8 2014, 01:05 AM
Supergirlx2
May 8 2014, 12:23 AM
Tooo much pretty.
They do look great together, but I wish GV was a little taller. Or that they wouldn't put AZ in such high heels all the time. The first pic looks like she is lifting him.

/end of very superficial comment

concerned
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
May 8 2014, 04:04 PM
concerned
May 8 2014, 01:05 AM
Supergirlx2
May 8 2014, 12:23 AM
Tooo much pretty.
They do look great together, but I wish GV was a little taller. Or that they wouldn't put AZ in such high heels all the time. The first pic looks like she is lifting him.

/end of very superficial comment
I completely agree.

But it would be rude to chip in for a pair of boots for him like Prince wears.

I wish they had of thought about that with the casting.

Although Nicole looked totally Amazonian today in the scenes with Jen.

End of another superficial comment.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Kaha
May 7 2014, 09:32 PM
I think Hope looked fabulous. Hope doesn't seem to be missing Bo at all. She's owning Salem and it's "Bo who?"

I really hated when EJ manhandled Abby. Men on this show need to stop manhandling women. It's off putting.

One thing I hate about this s/l is how it makes Will look. Will is an after thought about this whole thing. He's basically surrendering the right to his daughter to Nick, for the second time. Why is he sacrificing his little girl and handing her over to a maniac so that he can prevent Nick from putting his mother, grandmother and Ari's mom in jail? Fuck them all. They're adults but putting that poor innocent baby at the mercy of this mad man is unacceptable! Before the end of this maddening plot, Will better be putting his daughter first. Why don't these people go to a lawyer and at least get some legal advise?

Finally, I guess Uncle Victor gave Sonny the keys to the secret gun cabinet. For someone who hardly visits KMansion and who lived there briefly when he was a kid, he knows his way around the mansion.
I agree with this post.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

BeeBee
May 7 2014, 11:07 PM
happyphairy
May 7 2014, 09:08 PM
i feel like sami could seduce nick into doing anything she wants....i can feel the sexual tension all the way from my couch; and sami is doing that breathing thing she does when she's turned on.
Sami would not have a chance at seducing Nick.Nick played her like a fiddle,had her believing him and just as she was going into her "wheedling" routine,he told her to keep moving,she was getting nothing.Actually up until the time he showed his contempt for her,I was buying his changed man routine myself.BB really is a good actor.I hope he finds something else soon,preferably prime time TV so I can watch him more often,he is quite skilled.
I knew he was playing her all the Time. He has no soul.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

iheartwilson
May 8 2014, 01:03 AM
Awesome photos!

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

iheartwilson
May 8 2014, 01:19 AM
sunnyways
May 8 2014, 01:15 AM
iheartwilson
May 8 2014, 12:57 AM
Kaha
May 8 2014, 12:54 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image

Posted Image
I've tried lots of times. It never works.
Don't give up IheartWison, You'll figure it out :)

Kaha I would guess you're not alone not about being disappointed by Sonny and his resorting to violence. Even though going for what are no doubt untraceable guns seems out of character for Sonny, I like that he is doing something about Nick. I also like that Sonny is being shown in another light, there have been complaints about him being too much of a nice guy and that he was too 'perfect'. So I like that he is being shown a someone who does have a dangerous edge when pushed far enough.

I think I've established that I'm a WilSon shipper so for me it makes me all squishy :wub2: inside to think that Sonny loves Will so much that he'd be willing to go to jail for the rest of his life or worse the death penalty just so that Will will never be separated from his daughter.
I'm wondering if Gabi finds Sonny's gun and uses it to kill Nick. The gun then gets traced back to Sonny and the Kiriakis family.
I was wondering about that as well. That would not surprise me at all if that is what happens.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Kaha

Thanks for replying. I always look for your POV. It's never disappointing. I like how you stick to your point regardless of what everyone else believes. I must say, I enjoyed Nick yesterday but not today.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kaha
BeeBee
May 8 2014, 03:11 AM
Kaha
May 8 2014, 01:33 AM
BeeBee
May 8 2014, 01:28 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think you're missing my larger point. I guess we'll leave it at that because there's no way I will be able to convince you because of your very strong feelings towards AS and Sami.
Perhaps I am missing the point you were trying to make.I don't believe my feelings concerning Sami are stronger than your feelings concerning Nick,Will,Sonny,Gabi,and Sami.I am not not trying to convince you or other posters of anything,since everyone is entitled to their own opinion of all things Days.I am just giving my own opinion of Days wardrobe,characters,and actors.I form my opinion based on my own stardards,therefore,I am not easily swayed and rarely change it because someone else disagrees with it.
My point is the wardrobe on this show is atrocious and inappropriate most of the time. I worked at big hospitals and I've never seen anyone wear what Theresa was wearing, or that sheer number Abby was wearing. Those things are things you wear when you're going to a club or a soiree. What AS said on twitter doesn't change any thing, unless you're invested in proving that AS has cheap taste. If her options are between ugly, very ugly and really ugly and she picks the ugly one then how does that prove she has bad fashion instincts?
I don't find the entire wardrobe for the show atrocious.Of the current cast Roman,John,Stefano,Victor,EJ,Rafe,Eric,Brady,Aiden,Abe,JJ,Kate,Abby,Kayla,Jordan,Anne,
Theresa,and Hope, generally wear average to above average well fitting clothing appropriate for their age and consistent with their character and character's occupation on the show.Maggie,Marlena,Caroline,and Adrienne occasionally wear outfits that are a little out there but for the most part the clothing looks okay,fits decently,and for the most part is age appropriate.Jennifer's wardrobe as I indicated it not ugly or too tight,it is merely age and seasonly inappropriate.As I stated I have seen young women wear clothing to work and church that is inappropriate for both..Just because you have not seen young women wear inappropriate clothing to work at the particular hospital where you work does not prove that it has not happened elsewhere.There are any number of thing I have not seen personally witnessed that actually happen quite often.What is the purpose of going on twitter to announce to followers that you have input and choose the wardrobe for your character if all you do is pick from the lesser of all evils when the show presents you with the choices for your character if all the other actors on the show are doing the same.All of Sami wears is not ugly but quite a bit of it is too short,too tight,and inappropriate for the character's occupation.If all she is doing is making choices as to which outfit is the least hideous,she might also want to eliminate those that are too tight,too short,and inappropriate for the character's occupation/social position.
Edited by BeeBee, May 10 2014, 01:51 AM.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

JJ talking about Jack:

Spoiler: click to toggle

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
May 10 2014, 12:13 AM
Is your avi new? Thats a great picture of Ari and Blake.When and where was it taken,if you don't mind my asking.They are two of my favorites on Days.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 10 2014, 01:42 AM
Deverauxfan
May 10 2014, 12:13 AM
Is your avi new? Thats a great picture of Ari and Blake.When and where was it taken,if you don't mind my asking.They are two of my favorites on Days.
It is a great pic! It's not new. It was taken May 1, 2013. Blake tweeted his support of AZ after she received an Emmy nomination.
Quote:

Lookin golden @Ari_Zucker ! We're rooting for you! #DaytimeEmmys #DAYS @nbcdays

They are in the make-up room at Days. :)

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 7 2014, 11:14 AM
I know Chelsea was "redeemed" but I still carry some hate towards her. Everything with Zack and the followup was just evil.
I just never plain liked her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply