Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON: Eric Martsolf interview
Topic Started: May 8 2014, 08:05 AM (2,156 Views)
thepadange

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/05/daytime-emmys-fresh-out-of-the-shower-days-star-eric-martsolf-learns-of-his-first-nomination#more-36288
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

thanks! great interview. I am still hoping they area telecast, though it's entirely possible than an internet-based awards show would be produced better. Less fluff for one.

And I think he made the right choice on the reel. That was a good scene, and as they say you don't want your scene partner to outshine you.

Good luck to him :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

SO glad he submitted the Intervention scenes!!!

He has a REAL shot at the win with that episode....glad he went with that and not the Brady/Eric confrontation or the Brady/Kristen at the DiMansion scenes.

thepadange

blueskies
May 8 2014, 10:00 AM
thanks! great interview. I am still hoping they area telecast, though it's entirely possible than an internet-based awards show would be produced better. Less fluff for one.

And I think he made the right choice on the reel. That was a good scene, and as they say you don't want your scene partner to outshine you.

Yes. That's true. In all their scenes with Eileen (Kristen) EM as Brady was good but played just a supporting role. This episode was the only one really focused on Brady.

On another note, I'm now wondering what those "rough" scenes might mean.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 8 2014, 10:28 AM
blueskies

Yes. That's true. In all their scenes with Eileen (Kristen) EM as Brady was good but played just a supporting role. This episode was the only one really focused on Brady.

me too! Guess we'll find out sometime around the end of September/beginning of October.

Editted to add, I'm kinda thinking Kristen didn't have a kid since there wasn't any unknown person mentioned on the script GV tweeted out. If so I have less of an idea where this is going, except that Kristen will certainly cause conflict with Brady & Theresa, and who knows maybe even put John in the hospital.
Edited by blueskies, May 8 2014, 10:59 AM.

thepadange

blueskies
May 8 2014, 10:58 AM
thepadange
blueskies

me too! Guess we'll find out sometime around the end of September/beginning of October.

Editted to add, I'm kinda thinking Kristen didn't have a kid since there wasn't any unknown person mentioned on the script GV tweeted out. If so I have less of an idea where this is going, except that Kristen will certainly cause conflict with Brady & Theresa, and who knows maybe even put John in the hospital.
Well, I didn't expect (and I didn't want) them to do a baby s/l in 3-4 months. It's a very short period of time, and it's way too short for Kristen's baby. (I, personally, hated what they did with Chloe and Parker in 2013. That horrible 3-month-arc definitely wasn't worth changing Parker's paternity.)

They need to sign Eileen at least for two years to do this kind of s/l, IMO. (Maybe next time ;) :D ) If there's a real possibility that she'll be back in some months they could show Kristen with a one-year-old toddler in her last episodes after "leaving" Salem, though. This would drive a big part of the audience crazy :P :P .

Edited by thepadange, May 8 2014, 12:28 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think her 3-4 month stint is going to equate to more than 3-4 months of airtime...she recently said she is there 2 days a week but is filming multiple episodes a day...so they could have maybe 5-6 months worth of shows from her being there 3-4 months...who knows...i am probably just wishful thinking ;)

Marlene

Slightly off topic given the posts above me, but SON needs to learn the word is "morale," not "moral."

Stepping off my soapbox.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 8 2014, 11:58 AM
blueskies
May 8 2014, 10:58 AM
thepadange
blueskies

Well, I didn't expect (and I didn't want) them to do a baby s/l in 3-4 months. It's a very short period of time, and it's way too short for Kristen's baby. (I, personally, hated what they did with Chloe and Parker in 2013. That horrible 3-month-arc definitely wasn't worth changing Parker's paternity.)

They need to sign Eileen at least for two years to do this kind of s/l, IMO. (Maybe next time ;) :D ) If knowing that she'll be back in some months they can show Kristen with a one-year-old toddler in her last episodes after "leaving" Salem, though. This would drive a big part of the audience crazy :P :P .

omg that would be awesome.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I am so excited for him. It's nice to see that he's humbled and appreciative of the nomination - but I wouldn't expect any less. He really is a genuinely nice guy.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Thank you :P What a great interview, loved how he complimented Eileen and how he said the feeling backstage is pretty good with a couple being nominated :D

Also, very interested in seeing the rough scenes they are doing right now. Can't wait! :P

Yoryla
Member Avatar

He was smart to submit those scenes and not anything where he could be outshined by someone else :P

freedom

He's such a good guy. Very excited for him.

King
Member Avatar

I appreciate that he takes his role and the craft so seriously, and that the show is important to him. I wish others on the show would be more like him, especially some of the younger people. I am just not sure I love him on-screen. He seems like a great guy though. I do see a distinct difference between Martsolf and Brady so I know he can turn it "on" and become Brady. I just...I don't know. LOL.
Edited by King, May 8 2014, 02:23 PM.

freedom

thepadange
blueskies

My first thought was rough sex. ;)

phloe3

I got a kick out of what he said about Ethan falling in love with his stalker

freedom

Mitchapalooza
May 8 2014, 10:19 AM
SO glad he submitted the Intervention scenes!!!

He has a REAL shot at the win with that episode....glad he went with that and not the Brady/Eric confrontation or the Brady/Kristen at the DiMansion scenes.
It also shows that he can get a nomination in his own right. He didn't "need" Eileen to do it. Because he didn't even submit scenes with them.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Love Eric, but I'd hardly call Brady mature unless he's talking about Brady's (SORASed) age. lol

Dreamy
Member Avatar

EM has come a LONG way & I am glad he is nominated. All the best to him!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 8 2014, 08:05 AM
Emmy's will be streamed online? ROFL, why bother?

And I'm sorry, EM would never be nominated if there were still ten soaps. I have a really hard time taking the Emmy's seriously.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply