Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GregInHollywood: Guy Wilson Interview
Topic Started: May 8 2014, 09:06 AM (2,647 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

http://greginhollywood.com/my-chat-with-days-of-our-lives-star-guy-wilson-hes-rooting-for-chandler-massey-to-win-another-emmy-100026
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

WillFan
May 8 2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks WillFan for bringing this interview to our attention. Really intrigued about Guy's last quote about no one being safe and the overarching effects of this May sweeps. According to this interview, basically, what happens now will influence next year's storyline. What could it be? Maybe Gabi and EJ are both coming back? Could it be that Abby is pregnant after all? Or maybe Stefano messed up with everyone and the real Nick is really not dead? Or maybe someone from Nick's family tries to avenge his death.

tylerbo20

I'm sure it's something like Chloe returns to cause problems for Jen and dan ya something like that.

Kaha
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
May 8 2014, 09:23 AM
I'm sure it's something like Chloe returns to cause problems for Jen and dan ya something like that.
But that doesn't relate to this s/l of this current sweeps. Dannifer stuff with Liam is done. And I don't think Guy will be talking about a s/l he's not part of.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I think he's just alluding to Nick's death and probably Gabi's incarceration as a result.

thepadange

I'm kinda confused with all those dates - JS airing till "the end of the summer", AS "at least through the end of 2014". Very confusing....
Edited by thepadange, May 8 2014, 10:33 AM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 8 2014, 10:32 AM
I'm kinda confused with all those dates - JS airing till "the end of the summer", AS "at least through the end of 2014". Very confusing....
They're taping mid October right now. I think the interviewer is off on his dates, especially since he mentions they tape 3 months ahead. It's more like 5+ months.

Edited by gailwinters, May 8 2014, 10:38 AM.

thepadange

gailwinters
May 8 2014, 10:37 AM
thepadange
They're taping mid October right now. I think the interviewer is off on his dates, especially since he mentions they tape 3 months ahead. It's more like 5+ months.

Yes, I know. But why they have to write those things if they don't know exactly :shrug: .

Kaha
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 8 2014, 10:08 AM
I think he's just alluding to Nick's death and probably Gabi's incarceration as a result.
But Nick will be dead, and if Gabi is the killer, she'll be away and forgotten next year. Why would that have any effect on next year's s/l. They'll be both out of Salem.

thepadange

I don't think TPTB tell actors what they are planning for the next year regarding the storylines.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 8 2014, 10:43 AM
gailwinters
May 8 2014, 10:37 AM
thepadange

Yes, I know. But why they have to write those things if they don't know exactly :shrug: .
they didn't even spell "DiMera" correctly. Not surprising they messed up everything else too.
Edited by blueskies, May 8 2014, 11:02 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 8 2014, 10:49 AM
blueskies
But Nick will be dead, and if Gabi is the killer, she'll be away and forgotten next year. Why would that have any effect on next year's s/l. They'll be both out of Salem.
Well hopefully this will be a pretty decent Who Shot Nick? storyline and it does drag out for a while. I would like to see Hope really get into the investigation and have to ask the tough questions to all of these people that she cares about along with EJ and Kate, etc. It could give everyone involved meaty scenes. There could also be stuff like Will suspects Sonny or Sonny suspects Will or they both suspect Lucas. That causes tons of conflict that could go on for a while.

Gabi's exit really doesn't shake up the canvas at all since Nick is dead and Wilson are the only other people she really interacts with. Rafe will probably barely notice that she's gone since he just started being involved in her story in the last couple of weeks.

ETA sorry I should have done a better job of reading that. I didn't realize it said next year's s/l. That's probably just something to say.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, May 8 2014, 11:49 AM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Could be that Gabi isn't the killer, but evidence points to her. I'm sure the hitman wouldn't leave any clues behind that he's the actual killer. Gabi is clearly getting the handle w/ care treatment from the writers. So, I can see them bringing the character back in the future.
Edited by badaddiction, May 8 2014, 11:56 AM.

jdawg1077

I finally realized who Guy Wilson reminds me of, both in terms of looks and in the way he delivers his lines: a very young Christopher Walken.

ShaneDOOLFan

I hope Gabi isn't the killer and someone else is, as I would enjoy a suprise for once. Maybe Stefano frames Gabi or hired someone himself? I do think Gabi's secret about Melanie will come out which could force charges against her.

I just dont want the predictable route with Gabi finding out Nick's motives and shooting him. Surprise us writers please!

Kaha
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 8 2014, 11:46 AM
Kaha
blueskies
Well hopefully this will be a pretty decent Who Shot Nick? storyline and it does drag out for a while. I would like to see Hope really get into the investigation and have to ask the tough questions to all of these people that she cares about along with EJ and Kate, etc. It could give everyone involved meaty scenes. There could also be stuff like Will suspects Sonny or Sonny suspects Will or they both suspect Lucas. That causes tons of conflict that could go on for a while.

Gabi's exit really doesn't shake up the canvas at all since Nick is dead and Wilson are the only other people she really interacts with. Rafe will probably barely notice that she's gone since he just started being involved in her story in the last couple of weeks.

ETA sorry I should have done a better job of reading that. I didn't realize it said next year's s/l. That's probably just something to say.
I think the next year part might be because he shot these scenes last year and the beginning of the year. So, that might've messed up his timeline. When youíre filming something 5-months in advance, itís hard to keep track.

As for your ideas, I really like them a lot. I've wanted a substantial s/l for Hope that doesn't involve baking cookies or organizing school fundraising events. Hope would be really conflicted because itís a family member vs family member. Also, all those people conspiring to hide stuff from Hope while they suspect each other will be interesting. Maybe new alliances will be formed and old ones severed. I am also looking forward to Adrianneís reaction when her perfect boy becomes a suspect of a murder.

ETA -- I really don't want Gabi to be the killer. I hope we get a really interesting twist.
Edited by Kaha, May 8 2014, 01:01 PM.

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

Kaha
blueskies
That's not what it said.

"The effects of what happens in the next few weeks are going to be influencing the storyline for the next year."

It doesn't pick up again next year. Instead, this s/l is going to drag on and on and on.

Kaha
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
May 8 2014, 01:41 PM
Kaha
blueskies
That's not what it said.

"The effects of what happens in the next few weeks are going to be influencing the storyline for the next year."

It doesn't pick up again next year. Instead, this s/l is going to drag on and on and on.
Quote:

Really intrigued about Guy's last quote about no one being safe and the overarching effects of this May sweeps. According to this interview, basically, what happens now will influence next year's storyline. What could it be? Maybe Gabi and EJ are both coming back? Could it be that Abby is pregnant after all? Or maybe Stefano messed up with everyone and the real Nick is really not dead? Or maybe someone from Nick's family tries to avenge his death.

Did I say something different. The above is my original comment.

specialcases
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 8 2014, 01:50 PM
iheartwilson
Kaha
blueskies
That's not what it said.

Quote:

Really intrigued about Guy's last quote about no one being safe and the overarching effects of this May sweeps. According to this interview, basically, what happens now will influence next year's storyline. What could it be? Maybe Gabi and EJ are both coming back? Could it be that Abby is pregnant after all? Or maybe Stefano messed up with everyone and the real Nick is really not dead? Or maybe someone from Nick's family tries to avenge his death.

"Next year" and "for the next year" are two different things. "Next year" means sometime in 2015. "for the next year" means what happens from now on through a year from now ;)
Edited by specialcases, May 8 2014, 05:52 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

specialcases
May 8 2014, 05:50 PM
Kaha
May 8 2014, 01:50 PM
iheartwilson
Kaha

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That's not what it said.

Quote:

"Next year" and "for the next year" are two different things. "Next year" means sometime in 2015. "for the next year" means what happens from now on through a year from now ;)
I see. In that case, I stand corrected. I guess I didn't pay attention. Thanks for clarifying!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply