Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GregInHollywood: Guy Wilson Interview
Topic Started: May 8 2014, 09:06 AM (2,670 Views)
sunnyways
Member Avatar

Snipped from Kaha's post: I am also looking forward to Adrianne’s reaction when her perfect boy becomes a suspect of a murder.

This! I really hope JE plays a role in the second half of the 'Nick gets shot' sl. I wonder if WallyK will make an appearance?

Eta: I tried to put what I snipped from Kaha in quotes but for some reason my IPad wouldn't co-operate.
Edited by sunnyways, May 9 2014, 08:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

sunnyways
May 9 2014, 08:42 AM
Snipped from Kaha's post: I am also looking forward to Adrianne’s reaction when her perfect boy becomes a suspect of a murder.

This! I really hope JE plays a role in the second half of the 'Nick gets shot' sl. I wonder if WallyK will make an appearance?

Eta: I tried to put what I snipped from Kaha in quotes but for some reason my IPad wouldn't co-operate.
I also want Justin to go all vengeful Greek on Sami and EJ's criminal asses for putting his boy in conflict with the law again. I don't care if it's justified or not.

Angelsmile

Kaha
May 9 2014, 09:12 AM
sunnyways

I also want Justin to go all vengeful Greek on Sami and EJ's criminal asses for putting his boy in conflict with the law again. I don't care if it's justified or not.
It would be interesting if this incident causes Justin to wonder if Will and Sonny should be together as well. His son has been involved with a lot of unlawful activity since being with Will. His son also seems to make a lot of his decisions based upon whether it helps Will or not versus whether it is legal or not.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 8 2014, 10:08 AM
I think he's just alluding to Nick's death and probably Gabi's incarceration as a result.
That would be a big effect because it would leaving Will & Sonny Arianna's sole care givers

stormymac
Member Avatar

Kaha
sunnyways

I will be shocked if we Justin and Adrienne at all during this story.

Kaha
Member Avatar

stormymac
May 9 2014, 09:43 PM
Kaha
sunnyways

I will be shocked if we Justin and Adrienne at all during this story.
I know. So dissapointing how they isolate Sonny from his family. Maybe we'll have a Victor/Sonny scenes. I wonder if Victor would be angry with him, amused or shocked?

King
Member Avatar

I'm usually good at getting used to new actors, but I just can't adjust to this guy.

I don't think Massey deserves it. Not this year.

lysie
Member Avatar

I feel bad for Guy. I don't think he's bad at all. But he's not Will. Chandler Massey SUCKED by the time he left, and he actually sucked off and on the entire time he was onscreen. But he was Will from the moment he set foot on that set. He was Will when he sucked, and he was Will when he was great. Of course, it doesn't help GW that the writing for Will is so horrid, but evenso. In a way, this reminds me of Shawn Douglas. I thought Jason Cook was horrid. But he IS Shawn. I think GW is better than Brandon Beemer was, but it was still the same kind of thing.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

blueskies
May 8 2014, 11:01 AM
thepadange
May 8 2014, 10:43 AM
gailwinters
May 8 2014, 10:37 AM
thepadange
May 8 2014, 10:32 AM
I'm kinda confused with all those dates - JS airing till "the end of the summer", AS "at least through the end of 2014". Very confusing....
They're taping mid October right now. I think the interviewer is off on his dates, especially since he mentions they tape 3 months ahead. It's more like 5+ months.

Yes, I know. But why they have to write those things if they don't know exactly :shrug: .
they didn't even spell "DiMera" correctly. Not surprising they messed up everything else too.
That's OK. Half the time, I can't spell it, either.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
May 10 2014, 12:27 AM
I feel bad for Guy. I don't think he's bad at all. But he's not Will. Chandler Massey SUCKED by the time he left, and he actually sucked off and on the entire time he was onscreen. But he was Will from the moment he set foot on that set. He was Will when he sucked, and he was Will when he was great. Of course, it doesn't help GW that the writing for Will is so horrid, but evenso. In a way, this reminds me of Shawn Douglas. I thought Jason Cook was horrid. But he IS Shawn. I think GW is better than Brandon Beemer was, but it was still the same kind of thing.
I realized as I was reading your post that you defined for me what has been bothering me about the character of Will. GW is a good actor, but he isn't Will to me, whereas CM was Will from his first scene.

I don't know exactly why I feel this way, but I think it might be a combination of writing/acting choice. GW is playing a more grounded Will, which isn't believable to me. I know they are two different actors and so would naturally bring a different feel to the role, but it feels as if this Will is a completely different character.

King
Member Avatar

I agree with gail and lysie. I think I could accept him in another role, but not Will. Ditto for Greg Vaughn and Eric. Both are pretty huge miscasts, IMO.
Edited by King, May 10 2014, 10:09 AM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I know this is a whack simile, but while watching GW as Will, it's like watching a shark swim or attack its prey. The skill is there, but there is no emotional connection. It's all rather perfunctory or mechanical. I can see that he's a decent actor, but while watching him perform as Will, he doesn't seem to have an emotional connection with the character.
Edited by badaddiction, May 10 2014, 10:32 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I agree too. I have been saying since Guy took over that I feel like he is playing a totally different character! He is not a good fit for Will at all. I think the emotional connection is an issue too. I don't feel anything from him.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

It's interesting to see that so many people feel the same way about GW as Will. I tried to like him and forget about Chandler's version of Will, but I don't think it really has anything to do with Chandler. Like someone said upthread, he just doesn't fit as Will. I feel like Will is still in California doing his writing thing and Sonny just moved on really quickly with some new guy. It's not like Chandler wasn't phoning it in towards the end of his run, but at least he was phoning it in as Will Horton. I was excited for the recast but this dude isn't working for me as the character.

Sevprince

At least he is better. Better to watch someone who might not feel like Will than someone who was half a sleep and couldn't seem to give shit about the material.

lysie
Member Avatar

I wonder if it would have made a difference if they'd let some time go by before bringing GW in.

Angelsmile

Angie79
May 10 2014, 12:30 PM
I agree too. I have been saying since Guy took over that I feel like he is playing a totally different character! He is not a good fit for Will at all. I think the emotional connection is an issue too. I don't feel anything from him.

I think it feels that way because Chandler Massey's Will was all emotion. Unfortunately, the emotions were mostly very angry or very defeated. He threw in a little silly goofy and distressingly naive at times, but none of these were displayed in a grown up mature way. When Guy took over the role we immediately saw a more reserved mature portrayal with none of the young emotional outbursts that went before. There was no transition or growth written it was simply a changed personality. Since the character was soon to be a married man maybe the writers felt they did not have the time to show that progression. However, IMO I do not think it is an unemotional portrayal so much as a less emotional portrayal.

Personally, for me Guy has become Will. He is a more mature Will, but for me he is still Will. To me he was a good choice for the recast.

michr544125

I think they should have let Guy build into the role. I think part of the problem was they just shoved him into a wedding with no build up to make that emotional connection. Everything was all big events...the non proposal, the real proposal and then the wedding. I truly felt the emotional connection during the bed scenes after the fake proposal. But there was barely any of that besides in those episodes. I feel like Will and Sonny are now married but only on paper. That's the problem for me. They don't even get to act like a couple. Guy needed more scenes being shown romantically with Sonny in the sense they truly get to connect like they did in bed initially. Also, he needed more build up with other characters. This week we had Will and Nick getting into a fight but the didn't have enough scenes prior to truly feel how they got to this point in their relationship. I think the show made a rash decision when they didn't like how Chandler announced his exit. Instead of truly thinking about what to do, they made a gut decision. I think had Chandler not announced it how he did, it would have been Chandler involved in the wedding and involved in everything up until Nick's exit (if Nick would have left at all had it been Chandler in the role). It is what it is and I still enjoyed all of the scenes this week. But I do feel that missing emotional connection like you are all saying. And it's to bad because I can tell how much Guy loves playing this role and how excited he gets about things.
Edited by michr544125, May 10 2014, 01:44 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

The thing is - at least for me - the connection to the character as a whole is more important than the one to the on screen partner. Partners can be recast or replaced by a new on screen love interest. But the thing is - IMO - GW is much better at the love scenes than CM ever was. I have no issue on that front. But Will nor any other character spend the majority of their screen time in bed, so it's important that on an individual, selfcontained level there is an emotional connection between the actor's performance and the character he/she plays.
Edited by badaddiction, May 10 2014, 02:21 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

badaddiction
May 10 2014, 02:17 PM
The thing is - at least for me - the connection to the character as a whole is more important than the one to the on screen partner. Partners can be recast or replaced by a new on screen love interest. But the thing is - IMO - GW is much better at the love scenes than CM ever was. I have no issue on that front. But Will nor any other character spend the majority of their screen time in bed, so it's important that on an individual, selfcontained level there is an emotional connection between the actor's performance and the character he/she plays.
I think he does have an emotional connection to his character. It's just different from Chandler's. In a lot of ways, that's a good thing. But unfortunately for me, it makes him not Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply