Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GregInHollywood: Guy Wilson Interview
Topic Started: May 8 2014, 09:06 AM (2,664 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

lysie
May 10 2014, 02:24 PM
badaddiction
May 10 2014, 02:17 PM
The thing is - at least for me - the connection to the character as a whole is more important than the one to the on screen partner. Partners can be recast or replaced by a new on screen love interest. But the thing is - IMO - GW is much better at the love scenes than CM ever was. I have no issue on that front. But Will nor any other character spend the majority of their screen time in bed, so it's important that on an individual, selfcontained level there is an emotional connection between the actor's performance and the character he/she plays.
I think he does have an emotional connection to his character. It's just different from Chandler's. In a lot of ways, that's a good thing. But unfortunately for me, it makes him not Will.
I'll definitely agree that it feels like a completely different character.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freedom

This basically confirms that to me that actors know where there story is going.

nananana7

I've watched youtube clips of most of Will's scenes for past few years.

Chandler felt like Will to me during the coming out story when he was getting all angry. But then after that, for me, he didn't fit anymore.

I really prefer GW as Will now,

It even seems weird when I find youtube clips of Chandler as Will because my reaction is "Who is that?!"

Really for me it's like GW has always been Will.

I see some aspects of Lucas in GW (but obviously not the humor aspect yet).
Edited by nananana7, May 10 2014, 02:56 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

I loved Chandler's Will and I even understood and liked his tics, but I like Guy's Will as well. They are in a way two different Wills but that makes complete sense to me.

Will was shocked out of his innocence (he had no business being that innocent to begin with after the childhood he's experienced and when he was being blackmailed by the town's crime lord at the age of 18) when he discovered that his mom, grandmother and the mother of his baby threw his cousin in the river. He just realized that his life completely got complicated and would continue to be crazy, so he has to be an adult to deal with all the craziness so that he can protect his daughter. After the new year's eve discovery, I've expected Will to change. And I actually like the change. One thing I always hated about Will was passive and a bit of a wuss. The new Will is agressive and I like that. I never thought Nick intimidated the new Will, even with all the stuff he had on him, and that makes me happy.

But I agree with those of you who are saying a transition time would have made it easier to accept the change. They should've waited for the wedding and maybe sent Will to another trip to Berkeley before they introduced Guy Wilson or maybe they could've made Will deal with some life altering change, like an accident or something.

S loves EJ

Kaha
May 8 2014, 09:21 AM
WillFan
May 8 2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks WillFan for bringing this interview to our attention. Really intrigued about Guy's last quote about no one being safe and the overarching effects of this May sweeps. According to this interview, basically, what happens now will influence next year's storyline. What could it be? Maybe Gabi and EJ are both coming back? Could it be that Abby is pregnant after all? Or maybe Stefano messed up with everyone and the real Nick is really not dead? Or maybe someone from Nick's family tries to avenge his death.

Overarching effects of this may sweeps could be interesting depending upon what it is, but I doubt JS will be back so soon since he needs a break he will probably at least be gone for a year, and I donīt see why Gabi would leave just to come back so soon Itīs possible that they will do a recast of Gabi though. The most likely person to possible come back then would be Nick but he canīt seek revenge for his attempted murder on people who didnīt shoot him maybe Gabi gets framed and isnīt the shooter or there was more that one person shooting him. I donīt see Abby being pregnant unless they already know that JS is coming back. The only scenarios that I think would be interesting for me though would be either EJ or Nick coming back.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply