Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Who killed Nick?
Topic Started: May 9 2014, 07:28 AM (5,107 Views)
Restless84
Member Avatar

sunnyways
May 9 2014, 10:15 PM
MissFancyFace
May 9 2014, 05:46 PM
Who killed Nick? :rolleyes: Who gives a crap. :sleep:
Me, I give a crap and I am looking forward to watching this sl unfold. I think it was Gabi using Sonny's gun. Both Will and Sonny's prints are on that gun. My prediction is that either Sonny or Will will end up being arrested (hopefully Sonny as I want to see Adrienne's reaction) for the murder and only then will Gabi come forward.

Edited to add : I wonder why the whole article was about Abigail's reaction and feelings to Nick's murder? Can some other than KateM please give the next interview as the last SOD article about Nick was actually about Abigail and how she felt about Nick.
Yeah. I'm a KM/Abigail fan but I'm a little confused as to why it mainly focused on her reaction to the murder. Obviously she is a player in the story but there a ton of other characters heavily involved in the story.
Edited by Restless84, May 9 2014, 10:56 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

presley cat
Member Avatar

Hmm.. Maybe Gabi and the hit man both fired shots, whose shot actually killed him? Two different bullets? Salem PD will implode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

PALMommy
May 9 2014, 10:39 PM
You know, I had a CRAZY CRAZY thought the other day - what if it's Caroline Brady? All the suspects have been in and out of Brady Pub discussing their problems - some in detail and some to lesser degrees, but it all points to ONE person and that's Nick. What if she overheard stuff. Given her alzheimers and diminished mental capacity could she do it and then FORGET she did it? She had a confrontation awhile back with Nick and she cares for Gabi, Sami, Lucas, Will, and Sonny.

Have tptb ever said we'd be surprised by the killer?

I know it'll probably wind up being Gabi, but it'd be a great twist. If it wound up there's two shooters then Gabi could be one and Caroline the other.

I know it's wacky and out there, but I was SOOOOO disappointed with the "who took the pictures of EJabby" reveal last week that I really need to be shaken up by a REAL shocking reveal. I still think having Percy/Nick taking the EJabby pictures was stupid.
Will you please get out of my head, PALMommy. I was thinking about that excat scenario a minute ago. That would be a really interesting twist.

Everything about Ejabby disappointed me, so let's not start disagreeing. I like it when we're in the same page.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 9 2014, 11:03 PM
PALMommy
You know, I had a CRAZY CRAZY thought the other day - what if it's Caroline Brady? All the suspects have been in and out of Brady Pub discussing their problems - some in detail and some to lesser degrees, but it all points to ONE person and that's Nick. What if she overheard stuff. Given her alzheimers and diminished mental capacity could she do it and then FORGET she did it? She had a confrontation awhile back with Nick and she cares for Gabi, Sami, Lucas, Will, and Sonny.

I know it'll probably wind up being Gabi, but it'd be a great twist. If it wound up there's two shooters then Gabi could be one and Caroline the other.

I know it's wacky and out there, but I was SOOOOO disappointed with the "who took the pictures of EJabby" reveal last week that I really need to be shaken up by a REAL shocking reveal. I still think having Percy/Nick taking the EJabby pictures was stupid.
Will you please get out of my head, PALMommy. I was thinking about that excat scenario a minute ago. That would be a really interesting twist.

Everything about Ejabby disappointed me, so let's not start disagreeing. I like it when we're in the same page.
And YA KNOW Gabi, Nick and Aiden even had their "custody meeting" there. It could actually work. Caroline wouldn't have to be written out either . . . placed in a long term care facility.

Someone's GOT to come back and work the bar - and how 'bout the returning Eve Donovan?? If Caroline is "put away to recover" some family member would be left the bar: Bo (missing), Roman (police), Kayla (doctor) and Kim (CA) but Kim's CHILD is there and could run it along with her sister Eve. It'd all work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

PALMommy

It makes sense for Percy/Nick to have had the pictures to give Nick blackmail material and EJ a reason to have him killed since he did not get that bent out of shape when Nick was blackmailing Sami,Kate,Gabi,Will,and Sonny.I think its stupid if Percy had all of the negatives and only copies of the photographs.
Offline Profile Goto Top

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

I’ve watched the episode 3 times now. And I just figured something out that was bugging me - thinking we’ve got more stupid Days inconsistencies. In the pub, Lucas texted to Nick “Where are you?” and Nick texted back “in the park.” Then Lucas shows up at the HTS asking where Allie is? I was thinking that was dumb because he never went to the park. But what if he did? Maybe he was the shooter. Spoilers say Kate’s gun is missing and Kate accuses Lucas. And spoilers say Lucas is in hot water when Hope catches him in a lie.

So now my guesses are: Gabi, Ben or Lucas
Offline Profile Goto Top

BuickMackane

I caught several inconsistencies in the script with regard to EJ, Sami and the hitman:

- EJ tries to meet the hitman in the park but gets intercepted by Rafe. The supposed hitman takes the hint that it's not a good time to meet in front of "Detective Hernandez" and takes off. We don't know for sure that the guy in the park is really the hitman, or just some guy coincidentally reading the sports page on a park bench. We never actually see EJ track the guy down later and pay him off or tell him who it is he's supposed to do a contract on; i.e., Nick. So if the guy in the park never got paid onscreen, why is he suddenly spending the rest of the afternoon stalking Nick for free?

- Since we all know it's a whodunit, this implies that it is not the hitman's bullet that kills Nick. So does the hitman do his duty as a loyal DiMera minion and admit to EJ that it isn't his bullet so EJ can plan accordingly? Or does he just take EJ's money and run because the mission got accomplished whether the hitman fired the fatal shot or not?

- Finally, what was that weird scene with EJ and Sami all about? First, EJ wants the two of them to stay at the mansion so the servants can vouch for their whereabouts at the time of the shooting. Then EJ decides Sami is too rattled and her demeanor might give something away in front of the kids. EJ suggests that the two of them take a walk together, presumably staying on the grounds of the mansion to preserve their alibi. So why are EJ and Sami suddenly in the middle of Horton Town Square together at the time of Nick's death?

If the writers want to give us a decent whodunit, the least they could do is fix the bloopers in the storyline before it's seen by the audience.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

EJ did pay the hitman at around 13.38 and told him the target was Nicholas Fallon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gDmUqRz1NI
Offline Profile Goto Top

dooldooldool

PALMommy
You know, I had a CRAZY CRAZY thought the other day - what if it's Caroline Brady?
DING DING DING DING.

I think we have a winner.

DOOL has done this before. Jo Johnson killed Nick Corelli to protect/avenge her adult kids. She went away for awhile to "get better" and returned to Salem.

And don't forget that Caroline was the "surprise" culprit in the whole Parker Lane Kiriakis Jonas Fetch paternity storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

BuickMackane
May 10 2014, 02:51 AM
- Finally, what was that weird scene with EJ and Sami all about? First, EJ wants the two of them to stay at the mansion so the servants can vouch for their whereabouts at the time of the shooting. Then EJ decides Sami is too rattled and her demeanor might give something away in front of the kids. EJ suggests that the two of them take a walk together, presumably staying on the grounds of the mansion to preserve their alibi. So why are EJ and Sami suddenly in the middle of Horton Town Square together at the time of Nick's death?

If the writers want to give us a decent whodunit, the least they could do is fix the bloopers in the storyline before it's seen by the audience.
Granted, this part didn't play out that well, but I wouldn't really call it a "blooper". E.J. wanted to stay at the mansion with Sami, but she made it clear (to him, if not to us) that if they did that, she'd want to spend some time with the kids. E.J. didn't want her to do that because he was afraid that the kids would pick up on the fact that something was bothering her, so he quickly chose a different strategy -- going to the town square, which would still provide them with an alibi because they would be seen in public at the time of the shooting (which E.J. knew would soon occur because the hit man had previously promised to do the job within twenty-four hours of the time that the payment had been made -- and the hit man had also stressed that it would likely be done closer to the beginning of that window of time than the end). In the script, E.J. even makes a point of telling Sami to talk loudly so that they can be sure to attract attention from the other people in the town square.

But you're right, it could have been written better.
Edited by Will&Sonny, May 10 2014, 06:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

well he was shot 3 times in a haphazard manner and still not killed before he could crawl off, so it shouldn't be any professional (ie, Rafe, Hitman).
Edited by blueskies, May 10 2014, 06:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sillibella
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 10 2014, 06:35 AM
well he was shot 3 times in a haphazard manner and still not killed before he could crawl off, so it shouldn't be any professional (ie, Rafe, Hitman).
I agree. It wasn't the hitman. A professional would've shot him in the head a couple times (quicker kill) and, given the setting, checked for a pulse before leaving. I'm thinking it was Gabi with Sonny's gun.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

In true CSI or Law and Order style, he might have more than one bullet, and the medical examiner would have to determine which bullet was the fatal one, and it could have come from more than one gun....But, that would take too much thought.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
May 10 2014, 01:43 AM
I’ve watched the episode 3 times now. And I just figured something out that was bugging me - thinking we’ve got more stupid Days inconsistencies. In the pub, Lucas texted to Nick “Where are you?” and Nick texted back “in the park.” Then Lucas shows up at the HTS asking where Allie is? I was thinking that was dumb because he never went to the park. But what if he did? Maybe he was the shooter. Spoilers say Kate’s gun is missing and Kate accuses Lucas. And spoilers say Lucas is in hot water when Hope catches him in a lie.

So now my guesses are: Gabi, Ben or Lucas
I have to agree with you
Gabi, Lucas & Ben are the hidden ones in the group of suspects

Will & Sonny talked about the possibility when Will found the gun and Will make a point of talking Sonny out of it. Clearly has much as Will hates Nick he cares far to much guilt from shooting EJ in the back. I think Sonny picked up on that which is why he backed off the idea. And he didn't go home after the talk with Kate he immediately called Will with no signs that he left Horton Town Square and there is no signs that Will went anywhere but from Brady pub with Abby to where Sonny was in the Horton Town square.

Gabi clutched and extra bag of some kind (that might have held the gun that Sonny put up and away in the coat closet at the apartment Gabi has the most time and most reason (we she didn't return to HTS) with Arianna when she said to be going to get her to go back there and find the gun.

Lucas probably knows what Kate keeps her gun that goes missing, as you said he lies to hope & is caught on top of the fact that Kate directly accesses him

Ben looked ready to protect Abby if she wouldn't protect herself from Nick... we've not been shown that Ben owns a gun but with the secrets in his past he very well could.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mouse Mom

Too bad they didn't let Ciara have at Nick, she would have kept him in line.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 10 2014, 07:50 AM
In true CSI or Law and Order style, he might have more than one bullet, and the medical examiner would have to determine which bullet was the fatal one, and it could have come from more than one gun....But, that would take too much thought.....
We're talking about the graduates of The Barney Fife Police Academy… do you think they can even figure out the difference? All these suspects are going to confuse the SPD, they might go with the "butler did it!"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Whoever did shoot Nick,THANK YOU.
Offline Profile Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

I think Salem needs a really good looking medical examiner (male or female) with a lot of personality played by someone who can act. On another note Ben strikes me as someone who would protect with his fists not a gun, not saying he wouldn't kill, he just seems more physical. I'm going to go watch a few more times, Gabi and Lucas have me wondering.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kaha
May 10 2014, 09:56 AM
ladyofthelake
May 10 2014, 07:50 AM
We're talking about the graduates of The Barney Fife Police Academy… do you think they can even figure out the difference? All these suspects are going to confuse the SPD, they might go with the "butler did it!"
I meant on the part of the writers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

waterlilly
May 10 2014, 10:40 AM
I think Salem needs a really good looking medical examiner (male or female) with a lot of personality played by someone who can act. On another note Ben strikes me as someone who would protect with his fists not a gun, not saying he wouldn't kill, he just seems more physical. I'm going to go watch a few more times, Gabi and Lucas have me wondering.
Maybe Nicole can go to medical school. It took Lexie, what, 6 months to become a doctor? :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic