Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Jen Lilley: I'm married!
Topic Started: May 9 2014, 07:50 AM (5,015 Views)
AmbernOK
Member Avatar

She looks fabulous for almost 30!! Her and Casey Moss have a ton of chemistry and he is only 21!!! I hope they pair these two...way to get that cougar JJ!!! LOL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Starr

Although sometimes there are legal reasons for knowing a person's age, like underaged kids on the Net without their parent's consent, I think judging another person by her or his age is "Society's" faux pas. An exeption is your spouse of course. "Society" has a fixation on age. The first thing I hear is "How old are you?" Then they talk down to you, if you are younger than they want to hear, or treat you as if you're worthless, if you are older. I don't blame Jen Lilly at all, and good for her for landing the role.
Edited by Starr, May 9 2014, 11:50 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Lolololololol. I mean, what the hell's wrong with her? :lol:

"Her marital status might age her to not get casting for so young"??? I mean, um, first of all, how could that possibly be? Is she the first person married who is acting on soap, like ever? Plus, um, maybe she shouldn't be *trying* to act all those twenty year old parts when she's like thirty herself.... *as* is the case with Thereannie who's supposed to be much older than whatever she's playing or whatever the show is trying to portray.

Ugh.

Btw that stalker thingy was from GH.
Edited by Yoryla, May 9 2014, 12:04 PM.

fundays13
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 9 2014, 10:22 AM
fundays13
May 9 2014, 10:15 AM
Rosebud
May 9 2014, 07:52 AM
WEIRD.
So i wonder if he has some kind of disability and she was ashamed. :facepalm:

Theres no jystifiable reason for this. If it was her age,how incredibly shallow and vain.
It's not her age, it's her career. Which happens to be directly related to her age (and many other things about her). Blame the industry, not her.
I' d rather blame the person who made the decision to keep her marriage a secret.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Eh no big deal. Im sure they are just fine and her husband supports her in this tough industry. Who are we to judge?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Yoryla
May 9 2014, 12:04 PM

"Her marital status might age her to not get casting for so young"??? I mean, um, first of all, how could that possibly be? Is she the first person married who is acting on soap, like ever? Plus, um, maybe she shouldn't be *trying* to act all those twenty year old parts when she's like thirty herself.... *as* is the case with Thereannie who's supposed to be much older than whatever she's playing or whatever the show is trying to portray.

Ugh.

Theresa is 27 (they mentioned her age when she overdosed), so she is playing pretty close to her real age.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

AmbernOK
May 9 2014, 11:08 AM
She looks fabulous for almost 30!! Her and Casey Moss have a ton of chemistry and he is only 21!!! I hope they pair these two...way to get that cougar JJ!!! LOL
30 is still super young!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Plus, um, maybe she shouldn't be *trying* to act all those twenty year old parts when she's like thirty herself.... *as* is the case with Thereannie who's supposed to be much older than whatever she's playing or whatever the show is trying to portray.
A lot of actors play characters younger than themselves. I don't see why this is a big deal.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I wonder if she would have revealed this if HGTV hadn't busted her with that super old rerun, lol. I think it's a little weird that she went to such lengths to hide it, like making her poor husband take his ring off, but obviously she felt strongly about it. She otherwise seems like a great person so I can't judge her as harshly as I would as opposed to someone I can't stand. :whistle:

Can we all just acknowledge what a badass husband she has? Most guys wouldn't deal with that for so long because of their insecurities. What a trooper.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, May 9 2014, 01:04 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I'm a little surprised she would do this considering I thought she was Christian. I would think she rather people think she was "old" than people think she'd compromise her beliefs. It sounds like she's making it known public because they want to have a baby soon and don't want people to think the baby was conceived out of wedlock. Interesting. Personally, I don't care, I just think she would be an interesting person to chat with about religion and the acting world.
Edited by Halloween Family, May 9 2014, 01:07 PM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
May 9 2014, 01:06 PM
. It sounds like she's making it known public because they want to have a baby soon and don't want people to think the baby was conceived out of wedlock. Interesting.
I had the same thoughts. It's strange that she will flat out lie about something like being married but has to backtrack on it because she doesn't want people to think the unimaginable--that she got knocked up before marriage. I think that both kind of hinder the sanctity of marriage from a Christian standpoint, but I'm not here to judge. Very interesting though. I almost wonder if she is pregnant and that's why she came out with it now.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
May 9 2014, 01:13 PM
Halloween Family
May 9 2014, 01:06 PM
. It sounds like she's making it known public because they want to have a baby soon and don't want people to think the baby was conceived out of wedlock. Interesting.
I had the same thoughts. It's strange that she will flat out lie about something like being married but has to backtrack on it because she doesn't want people to think the unimaginable--that she got knocked up before marriage. I think that both kind of hinder the sanctity of marriage from a Christian standpoint, but I'm not here to judge. Very interesting though. I almost wonder if she is pregnant and that's why she came out with it now.
I almost wonder if she is pregnant and that's why she came out with it now. I hadn't thought of this but this makes a lot of sense!

I find the whole thing strange in a lot of different contexts but I'm with you, I'm not judging her, I'm just nosey, lol.
Edited by Halloween Family, May 9 2014, 01:18 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't see the big deal. Her personal life is no one's business, but she's making it people's business by giving this interview. Her husband deserves some props for going along with her wishes and I don't blame her because the industry can be tough. Still if she were married it wouldn't mean that anyone would suddenly know her age or how long she has been married.

I thought Jen Lilley was around 27 or 28 so the 30 thing does surprise me a little bit because she looks great. Not that you can really tell the differences in those ages, lol. I think she looks about 22-23. Its all just weird, but I agree with the people saying that she will probably get pregnant soon and doesn't want people to think the baby was conceived out of wedlock.

I've known that she was married since she did a Twitter chat after her Days casting was announced and she refused to answer the question about her marriage. She actually answered, "No comment." That was pretty telling.

Ellie

Yoryla

Ugh.

She tells a story in the interview about a casting person asking her if she was 40 when they found out she was married.

trojangal
Member Avatar

jdawg1077
May 9 2014, 10:43 AM
blueskies
May 9 2014, 08:37 AM
...and i just read the part about the fan. Weird and creepy....think it was GH? I feel like if it had been Days it would have been known (though maybe not).
I know that she recently had some difficulties with a Days fan on Twitter. I accidentally stumbled upon some tweets where it seemed clear that the person (a fan) was desperately trying to become her friend in real life (as well as other soap actors). I won't mention the person's twitter handle, but it seems that they were actually harmless (and suffered from a developmental disorder). But it reminded me of what some actors have to deal with, especially in the age of Twitter and FB.

Side note: the person I mention above is likely *not* the person who Jen references in the article.
Except the Days Twitter fan you reference was at her recent fan event in Las Vegas
I know someone that was there & met her.

spartan
Member Avatar

A bit odd but if it worked for Jen and her husband than I say more power to 'em.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I can see her point. She would lose some option to play younger if she had the "married with kids" persona. It sucks that that's the way casting is set up.

I'm glad she has a strong enough marriage to handle it.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

There's a trend nowadays with soaps casting more and more younger characters (early to mid 20's) than they used to, so I can see how having her true age known may have casting directors overlook her because she's "older" than what they're looking for. It shows how messed up this industry is and the lengths people have to go through to make sure they survive in it.

OliveAnn

This is, when you think about it, quite sad. And I'm not just talking about her hiding her marriage. Since she's joined Days, I've seen her birth year be changed in several places from 1984 to 1988, even though whoever changed the info didn't bother to think that the year when she graduated, which is mentioned in her bio, wouldn't match that data. I'm sure that was done deliberately. And now this stuff about her marriage, even though this has been speculated about ever since that HGTV footage appeared. I'm saying that it's sad because it's indicative of what an ugly place Hollywood is. If you're in your 20s, you can play a twenty-something-year-old or even a teenager, but on the day you reach 30, the scope of roles you can play is limited. And at 35, you're old enough to play a mom to a 16-year-old on the CW and ABC Family. And then casting agents wonder why actors lie to them about their age. And the discrimination of upcoming, married actors is downright disgusting. You don't want to hire someone because they have a husband and might fall pregnant? Well, guess what: an unmarried actress can fall pregnant, too.

Don't get me wrong. I know Jen has played a part in all of this, too, by choosing to hide her marriage for seven years. But, I'm also sure that all the times when she lost a job due to having a wedding ring and casting directors thinking she must be middle-aged forced her to drastic measures in order to be able to pay her bills. I applaud her for deciding not to put up with that anymore. And I applaud her husband for clearly being a very patient, very understanding man.

OliveAnn

Yoryla
It's not that simple. Few actors have the privilege of choosing the age range they want to play. And if you're a relative newcomer like JL, you take whatever role comes your way. She's actually been lucky in that she's mostly played young adult roles and not teenagers. In a few years, that will make transition to late-20s/early-to-mid-30s characters in other projects easier (given her young looks, I'm sure she'll play that age range for several years to come). She's in a much better position than some 30-year-olds playing 16-year-olds at the moment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply