Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Jen Lilley: I'm married!
Topic Started: May 9 2014, 07:50 AM (6,159 Views)
phloe3

She can pass for her twenties to me. I look younger than I am
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
May 9 2014, 04:30 PM
Yoryla
May 9 2014, 12:04 PM
"Her marital status might age her to not get casting for so young"??? I mean, um, first of all, how could that possibly be? Is she the first person married who is acting on soap, like ever? Plus, um, maybe she shouldn't be *trying* to act all those twenty year old parts when she's like thirty herself.... *as* is the case with Thereannie who's supposed to be much older than whatever she's playing or whatever the show is trying to portray.
It's not that simple. Few actors have the privilege of choosing the age range they want to play. And if you're a relative newcomer like JL, you take whatever role comes your way. She's actually been lucky in that she's mostly played young adult roles and not teenagers. In a few years, that will make transition to late-20s/early-to-mid-30s characters in other projects easier (given her young looks, I'm sure she'll play that age range for several years to come). She's in a much better position than some 30-year-olds playing 16-year-olds at the moment.
Who knows where she got that advice, too. She was trying to break into the industry at what, 25 or so, coming from the other coast. It might have been something a manager or an agent suggested early on. I'm sure there are a fair number of people in Hollywood in a similar position, age and career-wise, that don't end up with the even the moderate kind of success she's had, and take a lot of measures to set themselves apart from the pack.

Her private life is just that, anyway. Nobody is entitled to it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

It's kind of funny that she wants to play young roles, and Days paired her with a 42 year old in EM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

On one hand, I find it very bizarre and pretty disrespectful to your spouse to make them take off their ring in public and hide your marriage. On the other hand, it's her marriage and I guess if it works for them then okay. But I still find it odd! Also, 29 going on 30 is still young and she looks rather young for her age so her personal relationship status shouldn't have any bearing on the roles she's able to get. :shrug:

Will&Sonny

JDeveraux_91
May 9 2014, 08:59 PM
On one hand, I find it very bizarre and pretty disrespectful to your spouse to make them take off their ring in public and hide your marriage. On the other hand, it's her marriage and I guess if it works for them then okay. But I still find it odd! Also, 29 going on 30 is still young and she looks rather young for her age so her personal relationship status shouldn't have any bearing on the roles she's able to get. :shrug:
And a man's homosexuality shouldn't impact his ability to book roles playing straight men or his ability to be seen as "leading man material", but it does. It's just the sad truth of the industry Jen Lilley is working in.

King
Member Avatar

Haha, so weird. As someone who lives in LA though, I get it. This city is bizarre.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply