Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother UK 15; Begins in June
Topic Started: May 9 2014, 11:05 AM (1,428 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

They have already released the logo:

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Love the new logo.

I wish Channel5 would break away from the identical rounded eye logos though and mix it up like Channel 4 used to.

King
Member Avatar

What is UK like? How do the nominations and evictions take place? I was thinking of giving it a go this season.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Every house guest nominates two people for eviction. Then the public evicts or saves (depending on the season) for who should go or stay.

The major difference is that BBUK is very different because they don't do strategy. Any strategy talk is shut down by Big Brother and it usually results in a punishment for the house guest or the entire house.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

It is very different from the US & Canadian version. The personalities make up for the no strategy.

Also, it is on every night. There is a one hour episode every night with an eviction once a week.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'll be watching so long as someone uploads the episodes to YouTube. I enjoy the difference, compared to the US version.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

If you search Youtube Mike, you can find every season of BBUK.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Should we start a BBUS 16 thread? It also starts in June.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149/big-brother/news/a571386/big-brother-to-have-power-trip-theme-one-housemate-will-get-control.html

This sounds good!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Big Brother UK house 2014 pictures: See first images of stripped down set that includes high-tech touch pad scanners

Click Here

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That's like a palace compared to the dumpy outdated US house.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The UK house looks awesome as always.

I think I preferred last year's though. What I really wish they'd do is make a BB5-esq house designed to irritate the housemates. It was the smallest I think, raised floors & lowered ceilings. Cramped living area sofas, cramped kitchen, cramped bedroom with bunkbeds. There was nowhere for anyone to escape and it amplified the human drama.

And of course ... fight night. 10 years ago this week as I understand it

http://youtu.be/lgknPGgMCfA

http://youtu.be/p62vc13ViDE
Edited by Drew, Jun 2 2014, 06:48 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Diary Room revealed

https://twitter.com/Rylan/status/474092192399900672/photo/1

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Launch night tonight!

Posted Image

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I enjoyed it.

My initial thoughts on the first 10:

Christopher: Loved his anti Kim Kardashian rant. I dunno how I feel about him yet. He could be great, or turn out to be a douche.

Danielle: LOL she's going to be a train wreck. She'll be an early boot likely. She'll be good entertainment though.

Helen: Zzzzzzzz

Mark: Not sure about him yet.

Kimberly: The American!!! I really like her.

Matthew: I have a gut he might walk. He looked like he did not want to be there.

Pauline: <3333 My fave after the launch. I hope she goes far.

Steven: Meh.

Tamara: Probably my 2nd fave, but I could see her leaving early.

Winston: Hopefully he's not just another douche.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Where are you watching? I'm still waiting on the torrent.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I watched it on a live stream.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I liked Christopher, Winston, Pauline, and Kimberly. Danielle will definitely be a trainwreck. I hope she hasn't gotten herself already evicted with her morality rant because I see a lot of potential for her to stir up a lot of shit. (Does she not realize the audience of this show?!)

I'm suspecting that Pauline will have a say in who enters the house tomorrow. "six new faces", not "housemates" as Emma put it. I predict 5 will enter tomorrow.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Toya is my favorite from the 2nd Group of Hamsters.

Two Big Twists.

I dunno how I feel about Helen getting a free pass to the Finals. She's boring.

I like the Killer Nomination twist.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm not sure I like the nomination twist, it'll depend who gets it and if they know Pauline has done it to them or if they think their housemates hate them. I fear it could lead to the early exit of someone controversial and rob us of future drama.

Not too much to say about the latest group of entrants. The 18 year old Irish girl seems very boring and vanilla to me, but exactly the type of thing that has unfortunately won in the past. (BB10's Sophie)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply