Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Sneak Peak Pics - 5/12/14
Topic Started: May 9 2014, 04:15 PM (3,524 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
May 12 2014, 01:33 PM
He was in Season 5:The Ornithophobia Diffusion. He played Kevin, the screenwriter who was talking to Penny during Leonard and Penny's "it is not a date" episode. It's also the episode where the bluejay was outside Sheldon's window, if that helps. :)
thanks! Yes I remember the bird quite well, but not so much the Penny/Leonard stuff. Think it warrants a second viewing :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kaha
May 12 2014, 01:41 PM
ladyofthelake
May 12 2014, 11:18 AM
mer4santo
May 12 2014, 10:56 AM
My selfish soap consumer is mad at Blake for wanting to do something else with his life because Nick is the only character on this show with any depth and thus, the only character which holds my attention.

But I totally get not wanting to be stuck with this boring show, Good luck Blake!
I'm hoping Ari Zucker goes next. Seriously. Both of them could probably do well in prime time. I haven't seen all of the Big Bang Theory episodes, so I haven't seen Blake's appearance on there, but he would fit in so well if they could have him on there more. And, it's a successful show. Course, Scrubs didn't help JKJ very much :glare:
Ari's been on this soap for ages. She's in her late 30th, I think that's a bit late for her to hit prime time now. Blake is still young and he has more opportunities.
What does age have to do with it? Technically, it shouldn't. If nothing else, she should put herself out there on guest spots. This whole "too old" bullshit makes me sick. But then again, I guess that's why there's an epidemic of puffer fish lips and cat eyes. Very sad.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
May 12 2014, 08:53 AM
My guess is that Marlena's cell phone will have a recording of the sounds of the gun going off - faint because a silencer was used, but it will be enough to pin-point the exact time of the shooting & Hope will use that to eliminate a few suspects from the list - mainly anyone & everyone who was in the HTS when Nick staggered in.

I find it highly objectionable that Days is getting rid of a wonderfully complex character with so much room for redemption & future storyline with his family who is an integral part of the show & it's history...and keeping Daniel.

Highly. Objectionable. :drunk:
and keeping Paige and keeping Ben and keeping Jordan.

Kaha
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 12 2014, 09:43 PM
Kaha
ladyofthelake
mer4santo
My selfish soap consumer is mad at Blake for wanting to do something else with his life because Nick is the only character on this show with any depth and thus, the only character which holds my attention.

But I totally get not wanting to be stuck with this boring show, Good luck Blake!
I'm hoping Ari Zucker goes next. Seriously. Both of them could probably do well in prime time. I haven't seen all of the Big Bang Theory episodes, so I haven't seen Blake's appearance on there, but he would fit in so well if they could have him on there more. And, it's a successful show. Course, Scrubs didn't help JKJ very much :glare:
Ari's been on this soap for ages. She's in her late 30th, I think that's a bit late for her to hit prime time now. Blake is still young and he has more opportunities.
What does age have to do with it? Technically, it shouldn't. If nothing else, she should put herself out there on guest spots. This whole "too old" bullshit makes me sick. But then again, I guess that's why there's an epidemic of puffer fish lips and cat eyes. Very sad.
I agree with you but that's how this stupid industry works. It's wired towards straight, young, white male, followed by young white females. Everyone else just takes the left over crumbs. I hope one day, this will all change but it doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon.

lysie
Member Avatar

I legitimately don't understand why more soap actors aren't able to get one episode character parts. Are they just not interested or are they really not able to get these roles? Soap actors get a bad rap, but I think the majority of them would be more than fine one prime time in those kinds of roles.

nananana7
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
May 12 2014, 08:53 AM
My guess is that Marlena's cell phone will have a recording of the sounds of the gun going off - faint because a silencer was used, but it will be enough to pin-point the exact time of the shooting & Hope will use that to eliminate a few suspects from the list - mainly anyone & everyone who was in the HTS when Nick staggered in.
That is brilliant.

thepadange

Maybe also because of their demanding schedules?

There was an article discussing (partly) this topic.
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9054525/1/#new

spartan
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 13 2014, 02:36 AM

Yeah, that last part about the prime time execs not wanting to deal with soap actors' schedules matches with what I've heard Ari Z say at a 2010 event. According to her explanation about this, even to do one epi of a prime time gig, no matter how small the part, the actor has to be available to them for a 5 day block as they aren't sure when they are going to want to shoot your stuff or reshoot stuff, etc.

Ari says for obvious reasons that limits them and I can see why. The chances of that hitting a 'dark week' at Days are probably slim and what if the shooting schedule were to change to a 'non-dark week'? Days isn't going to write around that and I can see why prime time shows are hesitant to go after soap actors knowing this. Why would they want that hassle if they don't have to deal with it?

lysie
Member Avatar

spartan
May 13 2014, 06:50 AM
thepadange
May 13 2014, 02:36 AM

Yeah, that last part about the prime time execs not wanting to deal with soap actors' schedules matches with what I've heard Ari Z say at a 2010 event. According to her explanation about this, even to do one epi of a prime time gig, no matter how small the part, the actor has to be available to them for a 5 day block as they aren't sure when they are going to want to shoot your stuff or reshoot stuff, etc.

Ari says for obvious reasons that limits them and I can see why. The chances of that hitting a 'dark week' at Days are probably slim and what if the shooting schedule were to change to a 'non-dark week'? Days isn't going to write around that and I can see why prime time shows are hesitant to go after soap actors knowing this. Why would they want that hassle if they don't have to deal with it?

But even once they leave they don't seem to be able to get these roles.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 12 2014, 09:43 PM
Kaha
ladyofthelake
mer4santo

I think Marg Helgenberg was around Ari's age when she started on CSI.Jorja Fox who played a technician who married Grissom returned to CSI and she looks as if she is around Ari's age.They also hired Elizabeth Shue on CSI who looks the same age or older and .Jeanne Tripplehorn who is currently on Criminal Minds.The lady who plays Hetty on NCIS:Los Angles is a lot older than Ari.Lauren Graham on Parenthood who used to be on Gilmore Girls also looks to be the same age as Ari if not older.Then there is Lucy Liu on Elementary,Robin Tunney on the Mentalist,and Julianna Margulies on the Goodwife along with the woman who plays Diane.Some people like what they do and stay in the comfort zone while others like to try new things.If Days does not want to renew her contract and she still wants to act,I think AZ has enough talent to get work on television or in movies.

I forgot to add that Patricia Arquette was on just on CSI last week as a cyber expert.She is getting a spin off series for next season.I think she is about Ari's age or older.
Edited by BeeBee, May 14 2014, 04:00 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply