Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Canceled and Renewed shows for 2014; Parenthood Update
Topic Started: May 10 2014, 06:29 PM (4,481 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/10/canceled-shows-renewed-shows_n_5301669.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I liked The Crazy Ones. Trophy Wife and Growing Up Fisher were good too. I saw episodes of Suburgatory in previous seasons and kinda liked it but it seemed like it was a show that ABC didn't like or didn't know what to do with. I also read comments on different sites where viewers weren't happy with casting stuff that went on. I'm glad About A Boy got renewed it's cute and funny.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 10 2014, 07:18 PM
I liked The Crazy Ones. Trophy Wife and Growing Up Fisher were good too. I saw episodes of Suburgatory in previous seasons and kinda liked it but it seemed like it was a show that ABC didn't like or didn't know what to do with. I also read comments on different sites where viewers weren't happy with casting stuff that went on. I'm glad About A Boy got renewed it's cute and funny.
I agree with you about The Crazy Ones. I loved that show when I caught it and I loved all the main cast members from previous things. Poor Sarah Michelle Gellar can't catch a break.

I haven't caught About a Boy yet but I've loved the lead since the online show Quarterlife and Minnie Driver is a favourite.
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 10 2014, 07:26 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I am surprised Last Man Standing keeps getting renewed,I love Tim Allen,but given it being on Fridays,I never expected it to stay this long,Fridays in the 90's was a great time to be on,now it's usually the kiss of death.

Glade Once Upon A Time will be back.

I wish they'd make a decision on Parenthood.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Hannibal coming back is all that matters.

I guess I'm OK with Revenge coming back but it's losing my interest. I'm glad Agents of Shield is coming back after the post Captain America arc. Won't miss the Tomorrow People and I've already deleted it.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 11 2014, 12:07 AM
Hannibal coming back is all that matters.

I guess I'm OK with Revenge coming back but it's losing my interest. I'm glad Agents of Shield is coming back after the post Captain America arc. Won't miss the Tomorrow People and I've already deleted it.
Never watched TP, but I hope Luke Mitchell (my ROMEO! Prince of the Bay!) lands somewhere else quick.

Revenge should have been renewed, but only for a 13 episode final season. I feel the same way with Parenthood, which is news I'm still impatiently waiting on!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://m.deadline.com/2014/05/parenthood-update-path-to-renewal-clear-as-actors-reach-agreement/

Some Parenthood news,a maybe 13 episode final season.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I am glad Last Man Standing is staying I like that show but my dad hates it.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
May 11 2014, 05:41 AM
TFP! This is exactly what I want.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I forgot to mention Parenthood. I like it but damn the way they tell stories can get on my nerves sometimes.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 11 2014, 03:19 PM
I forgot to mention Parenthood. I like it but damn the way they tell stories can get on my nerves sometimes.
Totally. And I hate their cheesy season ending montages so much!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/Parenthood-Renewed-for-Sixth-and-Final-Season-5469673.php

Parenthood has been renewed for a final season.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Hate that The Crazy Ones got canceled. Thought it was the best new comedy on in awhile. It got fairly decent ratings too, Shame on CBS.
I think The Mentalist should've maybe got canceled. Kinda think it's ran its course. Kinda wish Intelligence gotta a renewal to see if they could improve some in the writing and direction of the show---they had a very talented cast.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Very happy Nashville was not cancelled!

Sad about Suburgatory...that show has an AMAZING 1st season, and then the 2nd was just ok and the 3rd this year has been totally ridiculous. This show suffered BADLY due to casting mistakes (Alicia Silverstone not being asked back ect) and creative issues.

I am still surprised ABC cancelled it since giving it a 4th season would make it available for syndication which is where the major money is made on television comedies (especially half hour ones!).

It is quite uncommon for shows to be cancelled after their 3rd seasons.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 12 2014, 01:09 PM.

Kaycee

Im super upset about Revolution.. I LOVE That show, The same with Crisis.. Though if they must cancel either, Crisis is so close to an ending they should atleast honor the fans with a conclusion.. And I dont want REVOLUTION to end.. I LOVE it too much.. But if it does, Hey Ive invested 2 years in this show, Again, Honor the Viewers with a final set of shows that wrap up the story atleast.. Especially considering it was renewed, Then canceled because it just BARELY fell into the ratings range that were up for cancelation.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Sad about The Crazy Ones being cancelled. Really liked that show. And yes, poor SMG- hopefully she'll be back with a show that lasts more than one season...

Bo -N- Hope
Member Avatar
I Would Carry You To The Ends Of The Earth Dont You Know That

Betrayal was a good show. Hoped it would be back on...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply