Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, May 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 11 2014, 10:56 PM (18,074 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Jan Spears and her cage of love she welded in shop class.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Jan was psycho. lol.

I kinda wish TPTB would so something crazy & OTT. I'm getting tired of relationship drama being the central theme in most (if not all) of the stories currently going on.

am103
Member Avatar

Bracing myself for today's episode. Not ready to say a permanent goodbye to Nick! :(

BeeBee
Member Avatar

am103
May 12 2014, 12:48 AM
Bracing myself for today's episode. Not ready to say a permanent goodbye to Nick! :(
Me either.I know they usually don't go back that far but I really want to see Nick's telephone call to Marlena.That scene was as good as his scenes when Jensen confronted him on Smith Island.I don't see how he was not nominated for the Emmy.BTW did anyone see the guy who played Jensen when he was on CSI this week? He was a criminal then too.

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm also looking forward to today's show but...while we wait... I gotta give props to Jan. Heather Lindell's Jan was crazy greatness, IMO. That was one of those awesome situations where the recast was a thousand times better than the original. She made over the top camp somehow believable and it was fun watching her do so. Jan, as far as I know, is still in the hospital lying in a coma....I would've woken her up and put her eyes on JJ. Jan and JJ could be an interesting pair. Jan, JJ and T could be interesting. Anything is better than Paige (sorry I'm trying..she just bores me). But it was Heather that sold Jan to me so it would have to be her version if the character returned. She made it work.
Edited by james0479, May 12 2014, 06:32 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 11 2014, 11:14 PM
Jan was psycho. lol.

I kinda wish TPTB would so something crazy & OTT. I'm getting tired of relationship drama being the central theme in most (if not all) of the stories currently going on.
Agree!! That's why I was liking the Liam story....but it went too fast and involved characters I have lost interest in. Eventually the whole thing just fell flat which irritated me. I don't mind relationship drama...that's soap. But Days can be really good at batshit crazy stories and while I'm enjoying the Nick murder arc, I also want something nutty but fun. Thank GOD I can expect Kristen back. Sorry but I enjoy a little camp with my hourglass.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
May 11 2014, 10:56 PM
Posted Image

Discuss!
I think I saw one scene with this idiocy and never went back for more.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

am103
I'm looking forward to some dramatic performs a from Susanne, Susan, & Kristian. I'm gonna enjoy seeing Maggie highly concerned about someone who isn't Daniel! And I hope we get some nice sibling scenes between Hope & Julie.

I'm hoping that Nick isn't permanently dead - this is Salem, after all. There's always the possibility of bringing someone we thought was dead back to life.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 12 2014, 08:29 AM
am103
I'm looking forward to some dramatic performs a from Susanne, Susan, & Kristian. I'm gonna enjoy seeing Maggie highly concerned about someone who isn't Daniel! And I hope we get some nice sibling scenes between Hope & Julie.

I'm hoping that Nick isn't permanently dead - this is Salem, after all. There's always the possibility of bringing someone we thought was dead back to life.
The way he goaded everyone into killing him the last couple of days, I'm not sure he didn't mastermind the whole thing. It really struck me with EJ especially. Nick may be a little cuckoo for coco puffs, but he isn't stupid. When Nick was around the first time, sweevil EJ was still around, so he knows what he is really capable of. Of course, they may also just kill him as punishment for his hubris, but I would like to see Nick return one day.

Edit: If he is faking it, the call to Marlena is genius. I'm sure it will be played for all to hear, showing Nick had changed & how awful it was he never had a chance to get better. It would also explain being shot 3-4 times and him still wandering into the square.

Can you imagine what would happen if he brought Jan out of her coma & hooked up with her?
Edited by daysjahvu, May 12 2014, 08:55 AM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
May 12 2014, 08:49 AM
The way he goaded everyone into killing him the last couple of days, I'm not sure he didn't mastermind the whole thing. It really struck me with EJ especially. Nick may be a little cuckoo for coco puffs, but he isn't stupid. When Nick was around the first time, sweevil EJ was still around, so he knows what he is really capable of.
<snip>
If he is faking it, the call to Marlena is genius. I'm sure it will be played for all to hear, showing Nick had changed & how awful it was he never had a chance to get better. It would also explain being shot 3-4 times and him still wandering into the square.
I agree with what I have quoted here -- but my version is a bit different.

My take on it is that Nick really is dead but that he orchestrated it himself. That's been my impression all week. I think he felt everyone's secrets wold be exposed during the investigation into his death, and that would be his revenge or his "winning", from his warped point of view.

And I really don't buy his call to Marlena, I just didn't feel the sincerity. I think he left that phone message so that Marlena would hear it and he could continue to mess with everyone from beyond the grave.

It's possible that his intended plans went awry and someone else killed him. Or perhaps he hired his own assassin but the assassin AND another person fired at him also.

Another member theorized on another thread that perhaps Nick got a terminally ill diagnosis and he took the opportunity to get revenge on everyone by engineering his own death and getting everyone upset/exposed in the process.
Edited by nananana7, May 12 2014, 09:17 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

The Nick killing is so unsatisfactory. I feel like I was cheated out of a better drama. It would have made for a better storyline and fit Nick better if Nick killed Gabi when he discovered that she didn't love him and was using him to protect herself and others. It would've made it even more entertaining if he then framed Sonny. It's not hard. Sonny and Gabi have a huge fight at HTS and he threatens to ruing her life or something. Sonny is quick tempered and alot of people know him and Gabi fight constantly.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Jan was cray but she was damn entertaining....

sunnyways
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 12 2014, 09:50 AM
The Nick killing is so unsatisfactory. I feel like I was cheated out of a better drama. It would have made for a better storyline and fit Nick better if Nick killed Gabi when he discovered that she didn't love him and was using him to protect herself and others. It would've made it even more entertaining if he then framed Sonny. It's not hard. Sonny and Gabi have a huge fight at HTS and he threatens to ruing her life or something. Sonny is quick tempered and alot of people know him and Gabi fight constantly.
I like the sound of your scenario, unfortunately.....the writers aren't interested in writing anything for Will and Sonny. Re: the bolded sentence, people do know that Sonny and Gabi are very close and fight so I wonder if at least Sonny is being set up as being a strong suspect or will he be questioned by Hope once and stricken off the suspect list? Not that I think for one second Sonny did it, but I do love that at least he was written as someone (light) grey enough to entertain killing Nick all in the name of Will and Ari. ;)

It's been awhile since I have anticipated watching an episode, not since the bachelor party/wedding scenes, I am really looking forward to today and this week...I'm hoping for a Dannifer light week this week.

Kaha
Member Avatar

sunnyways
May 12 2014, 10:26 AM
Kaha
I like the sound of your scenario, unfortunately.....the writers aren't interested in writing anything for Will and Sonny. Re: the bolded sentence, people do know that Sonny and Gabi are very close and fight so I wonder if at least Sonny is being set up as being a strong suspect or will he be questioned by Hope once and stricken off the suspect list? Not that I think for one second Sonny did it, but I do love that at least he was written as someone (light) grey enough to entertain killing Nick all in the name of Will and Ari. ;)

It's been awhile since I have anticipated watching an episode, not since the bachelor party/wedding scenes, I am really looking forward to today and this week...I'm hoping for a Dannifer light week this week.
I am looking forward to a bunch of people standing at a square in front of a man who just got shot, and almost all of them are suspects. It's campy as hell but isn't that what soaps are all about.

I think Sonny will be one of the lead suspects if the Kiriakis gun is what killed him. Will is going to suspect him because of the dumb hearing date (expect a flashback of Sonny saying to Will that he wouldn't hesitate to do anything for him). And one of them might actually confess to the murder to protect the other. Wasn't there a spoiler about someone making a sacrifice for a loved one? I don't think EJami will do that since they were glued to each other the whole time.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

We begin with Allie's scream. Julie hysterical and asking "Who did this to you" and Nick looking at all the suspects.

Hope and Maggie. Hope needs to talk to her about Nick.

Sami is consoling Allie and telling her not to look at Nick as poor Allie cries.

Rafe offers help to Nick, and Julie barks stay away. She says you all hated him and one of you did this. - This seems a bit out of character for Julie.

Abigail offers help and Julie screams back again. (Does Julie know that Abigail was being blackmailed?)

Maggies is telling Hope how screwed up Nick is. She hopes Julie got through to him. And Hope's cell goes off and she needs to get to the square.

Julie allows Jordan to tend to Nick. She has EMT training.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Sami and Kate are tending to Allie. She says "He has a lot of blood on him." Lucas and Sami have words about who should tend to Allie. In the end, at EJ's suggestion Kate and Lucas take Allie away.

Ambulance arrives and EMTs take over for Jordan.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 12 2014, 11:02 AM
sunnyways
May 12 2014, 10:26 AM
Kaha

I am looking forward to a bunch of people standing at a square in front of a man who just got shot, and almost all of them are suspects. It's campy as hell but isn't that what soaps are all about.

I think Sonny will be one of the lead suspects if the Kiriakis gun is what killed him. Will is going to suspect him because of the dumb hearing date (expect a flashback of Sonny saying to Will that he wouldn't hesitate to do anything for him). And one of them might actually confess to the murder to protect the other. Wasn't there a spoiler about someone making a sacrifice for a loved one? I don't think EJami will do that since they were glued to each other the whole time.
There's no doubt in my mind that both Will and Sonny will be suspect, and since it's pretty clear that they weren't together for a block of time around the shooting, they will suspect each other. I'm curious as to the reaction.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Rafe and Hope have some dialogue explaining that Nick was shot elsewhere and stumbled into the scare.

There's some "oh my" what did you see dialogue.

Jordan says it doesn't look good for Nick. Abigail and Ben run to the hospital.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Allie wants to see Nick. Lucas says he went to the hospital. Allie says that Nick helps her with her homework and she wants to know if he's going to die. Lucas suggests they go to the pub and see Kayla and Caroline.

Kate, Lucas, and Allie arrive at the pub. Allie keeps saying "he had a lot of blood". Lucas takes Allie upstairs. Maggie says what happened. And Kate says poor "Allie" and tells Maggie Nick was shot in a way that makes it clear that she doesn't give a shit about Nick. Great deliver.

Julie is covered in blood. Will & Sonny try and console her. She says he made mistakes but he didn't deserve this. Abigail and Ben show up and Julie does this "You all hated him" thing and then says she has to call his mother.

Hope and Rafe at the crime scene. Hope explains that any of those people in the square could have been the shooter.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply