Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother US 16: Discussion Thread
Topic Started: May 16 2014, 12:18 AM (6,899 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Big Brother US: Season 16

Posted Image

For those unfamiliar with the show, here's the premise:

A group of diverse strangers move into a house outfitted with hundreds of cameras and microphones and they are completely cut off from the outside world. No TV, no internet, no telephones, no books, no newspapers or magazines. Complete isolation. For three months, they live inside the Big Brother house, being watched by the viewing public via the live internet feeds. (Live feed updates are posted in the live feeds thread.)

Each week, they participate in a series of competitions to win food, luxuries and power -- the most important power being "Head of Household." The person who wins Head of Household (HoH) is automatically ensured safety for a week, but they must nominate two of their fellow housemates for eviction. Following the nominations, the houseguests vote LIVE to evict one of the two nominees. This happens every week for three months, and the last man standing wins $500,000.

Big Brother 16 premieres June 25th on CBS.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

King
Member Avatar

Can't wait!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Really hope the casting will be good. Robyn has done well casting BBCA so I am surprised at what a disaster she has been the last few season (outside of a few standouts) in casting BBUS.

King
Member Avatar

It must be the network or the Producers who just pick the bad people Robyn presents them with?

Alin89
Member Avatar

I still wish grodner was gone.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Evel Dick Donato ‏@EvelDick

Lots of former BBers texting and calling me looking for alliances... sounds like some returning players this season

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

^ I heard it is going to be secret partners again or dynamic duos.

Dani/Dom, Rachel/Elissa ect

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

After last year I'm not sure if I hate that idea or not. If most of the same recycled previous BB people weren't on again especially Booger it might be interesting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ugh. I hate returning players!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

After last seasons mess, I can take returning players even though it's not my first choice. What they need to do though is really turn the the house, the game and how the challenges play out upside down. No more of this predictability nonsense, especially if more than just one or two people are returning. Change it up so that in plans or ideas that have coming in to the house based on previous experience, are completely useless.
Edited by Mateo, May 26 2014, 10:47 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I haven't been impressed with the casting the last few seasons. I enjoyed rooting against the racists last season but without anyone to root for it made for a rather boring season. The season before that was only watchable because of the coaches (minus Boogie), the newbies all sucked. It would've been better if they edited Danielle as the crazy bitch she actually was but instead they made her look like America's sweetheart. BB13 was such a snooze I can barely remember anyone that was on it. Same with BB12.

The best seasons of BB are the ones where you have people to root for and against rather than just hating the majority and being bored by the rest. That's what made BB2, BB3, BB6 and BB8 - BB11 so great. Ironically enough, those are also the seasons with the biggest house fights, which I also love.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Meanwhile, I'm still pissed Dan didn't win BB14.

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh I am so tired of bringing half new - half returning cast. Either do a full all star season, or full new cast season. Also, don't they have new returnees?! Why does it always have to be Dick, Dani, Rachel?!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DrewHamilton
May 26 2014, 07:32 PM
Ugh. I hate returning players!
I would normally agree with this...but after last season's cast I would welcome back returning players.

Last season was just horrible...the cast of newbies was the worst I have seen on any reality show in years.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kenny
May 26 2014, 11:35 PM

BITTER jury!

Dan should have won BB14 - it is perhaps the biggest injustice of the series.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Manny
May 27 2014, 02:17 AM
Oh I am so tired of bringing half new - half returning cast. Either do a full all star season, or full new cast season. Also, don't they have new returnees?! Why does it always have to be Dick, Dani, Rachel?!
I agree fully with this.

If they are going to bring people back then do a FULL cast of returning players.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Mitchapalooza
May 27 2014, 10:22 AM
Kenny

BITTER jury!

Eh, I still think Danielle's loss in BB3 was the worst jury vote. I love Lisa, and I think she played a great social game, but Danielle Reyes in my opinion, is still the best player.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
May 27 2014, 11:30 AM
Mitchapalooza
May 27 2014, 10:22 AM
Kenny

BITTER jury!

Eh, I still think Danielle's loss in BB3 was the worst jury vote. I love Lisa, and I think she played a great social game, but Danielle Reyes in my opinion, is still the best player.
Danielle loss is different though because in BB3 the jury had access to DR sessions since they were not sequestered(something all HG's were aware of).

Danielle should have been MUCH smarter in her DR sessions to not come off as a backstabbing smug bitch.

If she had played in any season where the jury did not get to see DR's, she would have won.

It sucked because Danielle WAS the most strategic player of that season.

Danielle's loss however is very important because it changed the game and how the jury is sequestered.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 27 2014, 02:17 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh I had no idea the jury was allowed to see the diary room stuff... so they were not sequestered? Wow.. that's interesting..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply