Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: James Scott off Days
Topic Started: May 16 2014, 12:22 AM (8,992 Views)
Ellie

This week's SOD includes an article about James Scott's Days exit.

Ali Sweeney tells SOD that she and James told each other the same day (last fall) that they were going to leave when their contracts were up. She said they both realized that this meant that the story could incorporate this fact, since the dates their contracts were up were close to each other. "I thought it allowed for them to tell a story that they might not have been able to tell otherwise."

Ali then discusses the "final Ejami scenes between [herself] and James Scott", as SOD puts it. She says they were very emotional, and she says the scenes were a good reflection of their eight years together, in which "he completely had my back". She discusses her feeling after taping these, and she mentions how grateful she is to the Ejami fans. She says the scenes were a "really nice closure for the arc of these two characters".

The article also includes many other tidbits from the media coverage and interviews surrounding Scott's exit.

Pick up the latest Digest for more details!
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Something that I found interesting was that they told each other the same day that they were leaveing the show, anyway going to be cool to see how their final scenes is played. When it comes to the final story and so on, I have no expectations because I find that most stories wtf or ridiculous on this soap. I'm sure that JS and Ali did what they could with the script they were given.
Offline Profile Goto Top

fundays13
Member Avatar

"He completely had my back" :rolleyes:

Accept when he had abby's front.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

fundays13
May 16 2014, 04:14 AM

Well, he had Sami's back a number of times, lol Abby's front was wtf and not credible when it comes to character EJ, at least how I look at it all, if they had written him like a womanizer so okay, but it has not been the case or the writing has not proven this. As I have seen, he has been hang up on Sami during all these years. Hate and love and so on, he has never move on to something else, so therefore do I see the whole story with Abby ridiculous because the writing was not there it was more a plot for other things.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

I think very emotional points towards them being separated (EJ going on the run)and then reunited in other words a happy ending for Ejami. :wub: It could also mean Sami visiting EJ in jail and saying she loves him and will wait for him.

It doubt it means EJ dying in Samiīs arms since I think they want to keep the door open for EJ to return.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

I'm still focused on the "we told each other on the same day" part. It almost sounds like.

AS: I have something to tell you.
JS: Wait, I have something to tell you.
AS: Really?
JS: Well, you go first...

Although I know there had been rumors about JS leaving, my guess is AS went to him to let him know she had decided to leave when her contract was up and JS admitted he'd been thinking the same thing. Her announcement helped seal his decision.

Yes, I'm splitting hairs.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Can't wait until these two leave. :bye:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

In addition to describing the final Ejami scenes as really emotional she said something that they were also difficult in different ways. To me that really sounds like he goes to jail or leaves Salem without her....IDK I still don't get that they will leave and get a HEA, something about the timing is off...if these two knew about a year ago that they'd be leaving and they told one another in November or around that time, the show could have written both of them off and had them both leave together on May 2 when JS last taped. Instead they keep her around for an additional two weeks....and it seems that the kids are around for those two weeks with her. Something happens to him that ushers him off before her.....and for some reason I don't think he dies.

Did anyone get the feeling that SOD didn't do an additional exit interview with James? The information on this interview that is attributed to him we've all already heard from the initial SOD release of the news of his leaving and other interviews he's done recently. It just seems so odd that AS would be so prominent in an interview about JS leaving the show...I could see one quote from her, but she was pretty much the one giving the interview about JS leaving. It's just odd to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 16 2014, 07:47 AM

Did anyone get the feeling that SOD didn't do an additional exit interview with James? The information on this interview that is attributed to him we've all already heard from the initial SOD release of the news of his leaving and other interviews he's done recently. It just seems so odd that AS would be so prominent in an interview about JS leaving the show...I could see one quote from her, but she was pretty much the one giving the interview about JS leaving. It's just odd to me.
They definitely didn't do an interview with him for this article. All of the info came from his comments elsewhere and Alison Sweeney. Maybe they'll have an interview with him in the future.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

To me, it sounds like they're both actually just going to leave town and that's it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

I can not wait to see those final scenes. I am excited so see how it all plays out. I love that AS gave a shout out to the Ejamis. Based on comments from both JS and AS, I have no doubt in my mind that we are get our HEA in some form. It is the journey that get us there that will full of twist and turns. I will both of JS and AS, but I am excited for them as they move on to bigger better things.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

fundays13
May 16 2014, 04:14 AM

I am pretty sure AS was talking about JS having her back (Ali) not Ejami and Abigail. So what she said has nothing to do with the character they play IMO. Just two actors and friends who watch out for each other.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
In addition to describing the final Ejami scenes as really emotional she said something that they were also difficult in different ways. To me that really sounds like he goes to jail or leaves Salem without her....IDK I still don't get that they will leave and get a HEA, something about the timing is off...if these two knew about a year ago that they'd be leaving and they told one another in November or around that time, the show could have written both of them off and had them both leave together on May 2 when JS last taped. Instead they keep her around for an additional two weeks....and it seems that the kids are around for those two weeks with her. Something happens to him that ushers him off before her.....and for some reason I don't think he dies.

Strange that after being featured prominently for eight years that SOD didn't include some sort of comment from any other cast mates about James leaving.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

marie1969
May 16 2014, 08:17 AM
I can not wait to see those final scenes. I am excited so see how it all plays out. I love that AS gave a shout out to the Ejamis. Based on comments from both JS and AS, I have no doubt in my mind that we are get our HEA in some form. It is the journey that get us there that will full of twist and turns. I will both of JS and AS, but I am excited for them as they move on to bigger better things.
I don't think they'll move to bigger and better things...frankly I think they'll both be back within a year....
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

MissLola
May 16 2014, 08:22 AM
LuvingLumi

Strange that after being featured prominently for eight years that SOD didn't include some sort of comment from any other cast mates about James leaving.
That is why I think they didn't actually DO an exit interview....
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi

Itīs possible that EJ leaves town first and then Sami will follow him. They could have Ejami reunited in a pretaped scene.

If Ejami donīt get a happy ending I think itīs strange why the actors seems to been hinting at that, unless maybe JS meant the Ejamis will be happy with how the story will unfold because they will finally get married and have a wedding but not a HEA. Still thinks the actors seems to happy with the ending for it to have a bittersweet ending with EJ going to jail and Sami being alone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

I still think that AS is being positioned to do a "lifestyle" talk show that replaces Days after this current renewal. She'll continue on TBL to keep up her visibility, but I don't see it lasting much longer either. If other projects don't have them tied up, I could see them coming back for a short arc for the 50th anniversary sweeps. With the current taping schedule, they'll film it in April/May so Ali's kids will be in school.

It sounds like the feature film James was cast in is moving forward so he'll be busy with that. It just depends on when they start shooting as to whether he will be available. It'll be interesting to see the reception of the film & James with a wider audience. The character is very reminiscent of early sweevil EJ which I believe plays to James' strengths as an actor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Not Amused

I really don't get why AS gets all the focus of JS's exit interview. Something kind of feels odd about it all. And didn't JS say he made the decision to leave a year ago before AS ever came to him? I may be in the minority but I don't believe JS decided to leave just because AS did. It sounds to me like he just wanted time off and had already made plans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Well, that kind of sounds like a happy ending for this ridiculously horrible couple :shame: :yuk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Although I think the show does need a break from Sami and, to a lesser extent EJ, I have a horrible fear of Corday "wooing" back Molly Burnett to be his new female show runner. In all honesty, I'd much rather have AS back in six months than to ever, EVER have Melanie back on this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic