Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: James Scott off Days
Topic Started: May 16 2014, 12:22 AM (9,271 Views)
daysjahvu
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 16 2014, 08:43 AM
LuvingLumi
May 16 2014, 07:47 AM
In addition to describing the final Ejami scenes as really emotional she said something that they were also difficult in different ways. To me that really sounds like he goes to jail or leaves Salem without her....IDK I still don't get that they will leave and get a HEA, something about the timing is off...if these two knew about a year ago that they'd be leaving and they told one another in November or around that time, the show could have written both of them off and had them both leave together on May 2 when JS last taped. Instead they keep her around for an additional two weeks....and it seems that the kids are around for those two weeks with her. Something happens to him that ushers him off before her.....and for some reason I don't think he dies.

Did anyone get the feeling that SOD didn't do an additional exit interview with James? The information on this interview that is attributed to him we've all already heard from the initial SOD release of the news of his leaving and other interviews he's done recently. It just seems so odd that AS would be so prominent in an interview about JS leaving the show...I could see one quote from her, but she was pretty much the one giving the interview about JS leaving. It's just odd to me.

Itīs possible that EJ leaves town first and then Sami will follow him. They could have Ejami reunited in a pretaped scene.

If Ejami donīt get a happy ending I think itīs strange why the actors seems to been hinting at that, unless maybe JS meant the Ejamis will be happy with how the story will unfold because they will finally get married and have a wedding but not a HEA. Still thinks the actors seems to happy with the ending for it to have a bittersweet ending with EJ going to jail and Sami being alone.
But I don't get why Sami & the kids would leave if EJ goes to jail...we'll just have to wait and see. I just hope we don't have to wait for then to get the EJabby reveal. EJami under false pretenses is no fun even for Ejamis & it's maddening that they are wasting the final months of this pair repeating previous history. Been there, done that. Of course, I shouldn't expect any better from these writers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

marie1969
May 16 2014, 08:21 AM
fundays13
May 16 2014, 04:14 AM
"He completely had my back" :rolleyes:

Accept when he had abby's front.
I am pretty sure AS was talking about JS having her back (Ali) not Ejami and Abigail. So what she said has nothing to do with the character they play IMO. Just two actors and friends who watch out for each other.
Yes, I thought that was obvious.

It is funny that she gave his interview. I guess he couldn't be bothered to talk to SOD anymore.

I think she's going to get a talk show, too, but I think NBC will put it before or after Days, like ABC has done with The Chew and Katie. JS could go either way, but I don't think AS will be back, except in guest appearances.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 16 2014, 08:31 AM
marie1969
May 16 2014, 08:17 AM
I can not wait to see those final scenes. I am excited so see how it all plays out. I love that AS gave a shout out to the Ejamis. Based on comments from both JS and AS, I have no doubt in my mind that we are get our HEA in some form. It is the journey that get us there that will full of twist and turns. I will both of JS and AS, but I am excited for them as they move on to bigger better things.
I don't think they'll move to bigger and better things...frankly I think they'll both be back within a year....
Yep :yawnz:
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Not Amused
May 16 2014, 08:54 AM
I really don't get why AS gets all the focus of JS's exit interview. Something kind of feels odd about it all. And didn't JS say he made the decision to leave a year ago before AS ever came to him? I may be in the minority but I don't believe JS decided to leave just because AS did. It sounds to me like he just wanted time off and had already made plans.
I believe she said they told each other on the same day last fall, not that they decided together. James was quoted in an interview last October talking about the book for the film he is making, so he was already moving forward with his career at that point.

I think James just left and didn't really give a true exit interview, so Ali backed him up by giving the interview to answer some questions he left unanswered. She mentioned he has her back & this was her repaying the favor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

MissLola
May 16 2014, 08:22 AM
LuvingLumi
In addition to describing the final Ejami scenes as really emotional she said something that they were also difficult in different ways. To me that really sounds like he goes to jail or leaves Salem without her....IDK I still don't get that they will leave and get a HEA, something about the timing is off...if these two knew about a year ago that they'd be leaving and they told one another in November or around that time, the show could have written both of them off and had them both leave together on May 2 when JS last taped. Instead they keep her around for an additional two weeks....and it seems that the kids are around for those two weeks with her. Something happens to him that ushers him off before her.....and for some reason I don't think he dies.

Did anyone get the feeling that SOD didn't do an additional exit interview with James? The information on this interview that is attributed to him we've all already heard from the initial SOD release of the news of his leaving and other interviews he's done recently. It just seems so odd that AS would be so prominent in an interview about JS leaving the show...I could see one quote from her, but she was pretty much the one giving the interview about JS leaving. It's just odd to me.
Strange that after being featured prominently for eight years that SOD didn't include some sort of comment from any other cast mates about James leaving.
Maybe it's a case of 'If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, then it's better not to say anything at all'? ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I am not there for any talk show done by AS. Oh the horror. The horror.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

daysjahvu
May 16 2014, 08:57 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

Itīs possible that EJ leaves town first and then Sami will follow him. They could have Ejami reunited in a pretaped scene.

If Ejami donīt get a happy ending I think itīs strange why the actors seems to been hinting at that, unless maybe JS meant the Ejamis will be happy with how the story will unfold because they will finally get married and have a wedding but not a HEA. Still thinks the actors seems to happy with the ending for it to have a bittersweet ending with EJ going to jail and Sami being alone.
But I don't get why Sami & the kids would leave if EJ goes to jail...we'll just have to wait and see. I just hope we don't have to wait for then to get the EJabby reveal. EJami under false pretenses is no fun even for Ejamis & it's maddening that they are wasting the final months of this pair repeating previous history. Been there, done that. Of course, I shouldn't expect any better from these writers.

Sami could just say itīs to painfull for her to stay in Salem with to many memories, but I have gotten the impression from the actors that EJami gets a HEA and if they donīt get one I think itīs wrong of the actors to give that impression, but since JS said brilliant twists in his interviews I donīt trust his interviews to 100 %.

Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Why was the fact that he was leaving kept so quiet until he had already taped his last scene? Why wasn't he allowed to annouce his exit like AS? I think he's just going to take some time off and be back taping in a few months unless something big comes his way. It takes money to fly off to Peru to get high.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

camera shy
May 16 2014, 09:18 AM
Why was the fact that he was leaving kept so quiet until he had already taped his last scene? Why wasn't he allowed to annouce his exit like AS? I think he's just going to take some time off and be back taping in a few months unless something big comes his way. It takes money to fly off to Peru to get high.

That could be the reason he didnīt annouce his exit sooner, or TPTB was afraid of the ratings dropping, or they have tried to convince him to stay but failed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

I don't really see where they have been hinting at that them getting a HEA. JS said he thinks fans will be happy with the story. That could mean anything. The fact that AS said their last scenes together are super-emotional screams to me that they go their separate ways. Plus, add in the fact that it appears their departures will be about a month a part. I think they will get married in the meantime but I don't see a happy ending. Of course, I could be totally wrong.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I don't see any reason to believe he wasn't allowed to announce his exit. From what I've seen, AS loves the spotlight and JS doesn't, so it's not surprising that she'd want a several month long goodbye tour and he wouldn't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 16 2014, 08:31 AM
marie1969
May 16 2014, 08:17 AM
I can not wait to see those final scenes. I am excited so see how it all plays out. I love that AS gave a shout out to the Ejamis. Based on comments from both JS and AS, I have no doubt in my mind that we are get our HEA in some form. It is the journey that get us there that will full of twist and turns. I will both of JS and AS, but I am excited for them as they move on to bigger better things.
I don't think they'll move to bigger and better things...frankly I think they'll both be back within a year....
Same here. I think they'll both be back sooner rather than later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi

I got the same impression if they were getting a hea why are they leaving separately and why were their final scenes really emotional and reflective to me that sounds more like a goodbye scene than hea :shrug:

Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

camera shy
May 16 2014, 09:18 AM
How do we know he wasn't allowed to announce?
Maybe he didn't want/need to announce his exit 4 (or more) months prior to his actual exit and 9-10 months before he last airs. And I wouldn't say they "kept it quiet" in JS's case (Blake's exit was what I'd call "they kept it quiet").
Edited by thepadange, May 16 2014, 09:43 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

I'll tell you after that fake out episode where they were heavily hinting that the reveal would be happening and after the slew of 'brilliant twists' and 'fantastic road to the altar' commentaries by JS over the years I'm going to tell you that i don't believe ANYTHING coming out of either of their mouths. Not that I care one way or another, I'm just happy that I can again watch my show without the focus being on this couple one way or another. Only sad part is that the show will likely focus more on something else that I don't like over giving more focus to my faves, but I can't always get what I want so I'll deal.
Online Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
May 16 2014, 09:32 AM
LuvingLumi

I got the same impression if they were getting a hea why are they leaving separately and why were their final scenes really emotional and reflective to me that sounds more like a goodbye scene than hea :shrug:

It could easily be done. AS & JS film their final scene/s and JS leaves. AS stays for goodbye scenes with Sami's family.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

LuvingLumi
May 16 2014, 09:38 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

I'll tell you after that fake out episode where they were heavily hinting that the reveal would be happening and after the slew of 'brilliant twists' and 'fantastic road to the altar' commentaries by JS over the years I'm going to tell you that i don't believe ANYTHING coming out of either of their mouths. Not that I care one way or another, I'm just happy that I can again watch my show without the focus being on this couple one way or another. Only sad part is that the show will likely focus more on something else that I don't like over giving more focus to my faves, but I can't always get what I want so I'll deal.
Yes, we now know that they don't have any problem lying to the audience.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

I don't think AS could do a talk show. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC offered her one, but I don't see it lasting more than a year. Honestly Katie Couric couldn't even pull one off. I think hosts need to have a bit more of a comedic edge, or some other kind of hook (like Rachel Ray & cooking or Martha Stewart & all her home-ec stuff).

She would make a better gameshow host, imho. Which of course is essentially what TBL is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

And as for the HEA, just GMAFB. As if those two deserve one. I mean, neither deserves one separately let alone together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Restless84
May 16 2014, 09:24 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

I don't really see where they have been hinting at that them getting a HEA. JS said he thinks fans will be happy with the story. That could mean anything. The fact that AS said their last scenes together are super-emotional screams to me that they go their separate ways. Plus, add in the fact that it appears their departures will be about a month a part. I think they will get married in the meantime but I don't see a happy ending. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

JS talked in an interview about how the Ejamis gonna be happy with where the story is going, and he seemed very pleased with everything, and he talked before about how Ejami deserves a wedding and to stay married so he seemed to want a HEA for Ejami, but I donīt remember exactly how he worded it but it gave the impression of a HEA since Ejamis wouldnīt be happy with a ending that is not a HEA, but as I said before maybe itīs possible he talked about Ejamis being happy about getting a wedding not a HEA, but others posters also said that he and AS hinted that Sami forgives EJ for the affair and a HEA in their chat.

LuvingLumi
May 16 2014, 09:38 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

I can understand them "lying" about the fake out or nobody would have believed it was the real deal the point with the fake out was to fool everyone after all. As for JS saying the road to the altar is gonna be fantastic maybe he already know at the time of the interview that the story would shift from Ejabby back to Ejami and go Ejamis way. I donīt really get his brilliant twist comments but I do believe he loves Ejami and wants a HEA for them and he seemed very happy with where the story is going.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic