Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: James Scott off Days
Topic Started: May 16 2014, 12:22 AM (9,373 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

six
May 18 2014, 06:03 PM
Rosebud
May 18 2014, 04:58 PM
trojangal
May 18 2014, 04:37 PM
Tripp
May 16 2014, 09:45 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I guess I don't see what the problem is with EJ & Sami planning
a murder Since it is a Soap Opera & they are not real people
LoL
:shrug:
I'm not sure what this real people argument is suppose to mean. I don't think anyone that watches a soap thinks they're watching a reality show or documentary. Just because it's fictional doesn't negate what the characters do and what viewers think of them, and how they judge them. Are we suppose to think it's okay for a show to portray rape as romantic, or that it's okay to sweep a rape under the carpet and pretend a character didn't commit the crime because it's a fictional rape? :shrug:

If this show thinks that Sami and Elvis are a romantic couple, and that portraying them as such by having them plan on murdering someone and then riding off into the sunset for a happily ever after, they're trying to sell a rotten apple wrapped in a fancy box with a bow on it.
On the bold, yes it does. Which is why the show knows EJ and Sami are a romantic couple to a significant portion of the audience, and why it's not concerned that people would think they were trying to make rape romantic. One good thing about JS and AS leaving is the end of that argument.
Unless they decide to give Kristen and Eric a HEA too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Ernesto
May 18 2014, 03:34 PM
MissLola
May 16 2014, 06:55 AM
Can't wait until these two leave. :bye:
It will be SO good to watch without fast-forwarding through all their ridiculous scenes! :cheer:
Personally, EJ have been the main interest in this show for me to tune in sure I've seen other people's stories but noway I find the other interesting enough to waste time watching this show. Stories are too silly and after EJ and Sami is gone somethings is missing like characters in their style. in all seriousness, I find the rest a bunch of boring and not enough charismatic to catch my interest. I have no desire to see boring stuff and especially not boring characters. Today, when there are a lot of exciting stuff on prime time and so on this soap falls flat in comparison now when they lose EJ and Sami. Lets see, Daniel and Jennifer 24/7 or lame Jordan and Rafe? I say no thanks then I can see far more interesting characters on a other show. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
May 17 2014, 11:50 PM
S loves EJ
May 17 2014, 03:31 AM
spartan
May 16 2014, 05:16 PM
LuvingLumi
May 16 2014, 03:34 PM

Yeah, we can agree on that. I feel that way about EJ and about Sami actually. Getting them off the canvas means no more writing destruction. I realize I shouldn't say that out loud. See Bo. See Jack. See any number of characters who have been off screen and appeared to be absent parents, absent spouses, doing walkabouts, etc...etc..... However, at least it can't be the heavy-handed type of stuff EJami has dealt with time and again. I know fans of other couples have felt the same way at times. It speaks to just how horrible the writing has become.

As to the rest, it all comes down to personal preference. We could go round and round about what was in character or not, but it also has to do with what we like. Characters do new stuff. It happens. Just because Sami didn't do something before, she could do it now and be in character. If the writers give plausible reasons for it. That is where they fail. However, we all accept things if we like them. I didn't like how Sami was in Lumi (post Stan) and would argue that she was a character I no longer recognized. It all comes down to personal preference because we all have had to accept changes to our characters. Some are easier than others if they are in a pairing we like or story we like.

I hope there is something for me to enjoy on this show after JS and AS depart. As of right now, it's looking pretty grim.

I agree on just because Sami wasnīt a mobwife material before EJ came to town doesnīt mean she canīt become one with the right writing. I think Sami having a bad side is a good start and if she met her dream man and he happend to be a mobster I could have seen her fighting her feelings for him but ultimately her feelings for him being to strong to deny so she decideds to be with him. I think it would have been interesting if Ejami wanted to be together but their different livesstyles kept tem apart and I think that would have been an interesting direction for the character. While I have liked Lumi a little bit I also agree on that I didnīt think she was in character with him they turned her into a good character.

concerned
May 16 2014, 05:40 PM
S loves EJ
May 16 2014, 03:54 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwasn't their fault but Stefano
In many ways EJ is worse than Stefano.

I donīt think EJ is worse than Stefano because I think he has more of a conscience and are redeemable. They have written EJ in different version though maybe the worse version is like Stefano but the version that he mostly been and therefore I consider the true version who is inlove with Samantha is not. Still what I meant to say is that Sami shouldnīt judge EJ for being a Dimera and Stefanoīs son but for his own actions now EJ has done enough on his own for her not to trust him, but I think if Ejami gets a happy ending it will be written as the Ejabby affair was just a mistake to EJ and that he is inlove with Sami, and I believe she can trust in him not cheating on her again since he is going to do everything to keep them together, and proove to her she is the woman he wants. He also changed in the way that he is at least better than before so I donīt see him hurting her again.

Rosebud
May 16 2014, 06:10 PM
S loves EJ
May 16 2014, 12:00 PM
I personally donīt think Ejami deserves a happy ending but their fans does.

I donīt think Ejamis deserves special treatment but I think they deserve to get what they want just as much as anyone else but itīs impossible to please everyone, but maybe Lucas fans will get what they deserve if they give Lucas a story this fall.
I'm not sure why you think their fans deserve a happy ever after. It's not as if Elvis and Sami are a long suffering SUPERCOUPLE that the majority have spent years rooting for. They are hardly a conventionally root-able couple that has overcome terrible odds to be together. It's not like they were on their way to being the next Tom and Alice.

They'll probably get one, but I don't see why Lucas/Sami fans aren't more deserving of a happy ever after.

We donīt know which fanbase is the biggest but Ejami do have at least a rather large fanbase who has spent years rooting for them. I never said Lumi fans are not more deserving I donīt think anyone is more deserving than the other.
I think it is so simple that EJ came for Sami or rather was was created for Sami.lol and he leaving with this woman, but who knows :)
I don't understand this argument.

I don't even think it's factual.

I could be wrong but I thought they were originally thinking of getting rid of EJ after the rape.

He was just your usual angst / interloper.

I mean based on this argument.... EJ should still be with Taylor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Rosebud
trojangal
Tripp
Hamilton
May 16 2014, 07:34 PM
Having these two exit HEA would be a huge letdown and quite frankly a waste of the writers last chance to squeeze some volatile drama from this pair. Putting Ej and Sami together over the last year hasn't made Days a better soap. It hasn't made Days a more interesting soap either. The most entertained I've been by Sami is when she and Kate were pushing Nick into the river and the subsequent cover-up - until Ej got involved and sapped the energy from the women. Ej and Sami together were at the most entertaining when the affair reveal came out and then that turned out to be a big fake out. I'd rather be spared seeing a HEA of any sort and instead have an honest montage of all the cruelty of their past. Let these two go finally acknowledging this relationship was not meant to be.

Absolutely!

And if the affair comes out and it's not the final nail for the Ejami coffin, then show really has ruined the character Sami. How in the world she could EVER trust EJ again, that he was sleeping with another woman right under Sami's nose and his best excuse is because Sami withheld sex from him, something he could have fixed anytime by coming clean and exonerating her brother, THE RAPE VICTIM. During the time of the Ejabby affair and long after it's over, Sami doesn't have a clue that EJ has committed such a betrayal so how in the world can she ever be sure to spot the signs should he do it again?

And then finally, the show had them planning and executing a death wish on someone else. Again, THAT IS WRONG. WHY DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? And Days is not the vehicle for me to support watching ANYONE carry that out (well maybe if they put a hit on Daniel). So why should Ejami get away with that. Just because its possible someone else may have pulled the trigger doesn't mean they have to answer for attempted murder. Just ask a certain Texas mother of a teenaged cheerleader wannabe.
LoL
I'm not sure what this real people argument is suppose to mean. I don't think anyone that watches a soap thinks they're watching a reality show or documentary. Just because it's fictional doesn't negate what the characters do and what viewers think of them, and how they judge them. Are we suppose to think it's okay for a show to portray rape as romantic, or that it's okay to sweep a rape under the carpet and pretend a character didn't commit the crime because it's a fictional rape? :shrug:

If this show thinks that Sami and Elvis are a romantic couple, and that portraying them as such by having them plan on murdering someone and then riding off into the sunset for a happily ever after, they're trying to sell a rotten apple wrapped in a fancy box with a bow on it.
I never said EJ & Sami aka EJami were a romantic couple, I actually am not
Shipping any of the current couples on screen. The last couple I liked was ruined
So now I just Watch Days to be entertained . I like some of the good guys & I like some
Of the bad guys & as long as they keep me interested & amused . I
Don't worry about the way things should be, I just try to enjoy the way things
Are in fictional Salem .
Just my opinion
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

concerned
May 18 2014, 06:06 PM
six
May 18 2014, 06:03 PM
Rosebud
trojangal

On the bold, yes it does. Which is why the show knows EJ and Sami are a romantic couple to a significant portion of the audience, and why it's not concerned that people would think they were trying to make rape romantic. One good thing about JS and AS leaving is the end of that argument.
Unless they decide to give Kristen and Eric a HEA too.
Actually, I doubt it would get used much, even if they did. I didn't see a lot of outrage about that story when it aired in the first place.
Edited by six, May 18 2014, 06:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ernesto
Member Avatar

SaveDaysNow
May 18 2014, 05:12 PM
franciose
May 17 2014, 05:21 PM
James Scott is a horrible actor.

The Sween will do just fine regardless. TV only though.
I completely agree with you about the constant jaw-clenching, constipated-looking performances of JS.

As far as "The Sween" goes, you're probably right...but NOT because she is any better at acting. :puke:
Edited by Ernesto, May 18 2014, 06:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

trojangal
May 18 2014, 06:30 PM
Rosebud
trojangal
Tripp

LoL

I never said EJ & Sami aka EJami were a romantic couple, I actually am not
Shipping any of the current couples on screen. The last couple I liked was ruined
So now I just Watch Days to be entertained . I like some of the good guys & I like some
Of the bad guys & as long as they keep me interested & amused . I
Don't worry about the way things should be, I just try to enjoy the way things
Are in fictional Salem .
Just my opinion
I wasn't accusing you of anything actually. I was arguing against the argument you supported, that somehow viewers should be able to dismiss anything that happens on a soap because it's not real life but fictional. You and I and anyone else certainly have a right to not take the show seriously.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

thanks for your years on DAYS, James- but personally I'm thrilled you'll be gone! Loved you when 'Junior' were introduced though.

bye!
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

While it'll be strange not seeing Ali on Days, it won't be as jolting for me to be without James simply because he's never really done anything for me. I didn't hate him but I grew really tired of the never ending back and forth between Ejami and if any "team" needed to at least be backburned, it's them. The only EJ I really cared for was Black Glove EJ and I did enjoy him around Chandler but that's about it. I can't really say "thanks for the memories" to them because I didn't exactly enjoy them but Ali is different because being front burner for 22 years is something! Anyway I wish them the best.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Rosebud
trojangal
Tripp
Hamilton
May 16 2014, 07:34 PM
Having these two exit HEA would be a huge letdown and quite frankly a waste of the writers last chance to squeeze some volatile drama from this pair. Putting Ej and Sami together over the last year hasn't made Days a better soap. It hasn't made Days a more interesting soap either. The most entertained I've been by Sami is when she and Kate were pushing Nick into the river and the subsequent cover-up - until Ej got involved and sapped the energy from the women. Ej and Sami together were at the most entertaining when the affair reveal came out and then that turned out to be a big fake out. I'd rather be spared seeing a HEA of any sort and instead have an honest montage of all the cruelty of their past. Let these two go finally acknowledging this relationship was not meant to be.

Absolutely!

And if the affair comes out and it's not the final nail for the Ejami coffin, then show really has ruined the character Sami. How in the world she could EVER trust EJ again, that he was sleeping with another woman right under Sami's nose and his best excuse is because Sami withheld sex from him, something he could have fixed anytime by coming clean and exonerating her brother, THE RAPE VICTIM. During the time of the Ejabby affair and long after it's over, Sami doesn't have a clue that EJ has committed such a betrayal so how in the world can she ever be sure to spot the signs should he do it again?

And then finally, the show had them planning and executing a death wish on someone else. Again, THAT IS WRONG. WHY DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? And Days is not the vehicle for me to support watching ANYONE carry that out (well maybe if they put a hit on Daniel). So why should Ejami get away with that. Just because its possible someone else may have pulled the trigger doesn't mean they have to answer for attempted murder. Just ask a certain Texas mother of a teenaged cheerleader wannabe.
LoL

I donīt think the show portrays rape as romantic since I look at different scenes separetly I donīt think the rapescene is romantic but if Ejami having a romantic dinner then I found that romantic for instant, and putting Ejami together doesnīt change that I know rape isnīt romantic in real life. In other words the show hasnīt told me rape is romantic but that the rapescene was a mistake that shouldnīt have been written in the first place.

Now I already said in an other posts that there canīt be the same conseqenses for characters on a soap that committs crimes than in real life since then a lot of the characters would be in jail, but it can be argued that they could handle serious crimes more responsible, even if Iīm personally fine with Ejami being together and if they were to ride off into the sunset I would find that romantic and not a rotten apple.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I am so happy to see her go. LOL. I need a break from her.

I'm sad about him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic