Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, May 20th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 19 2014, 11:06 PM (9,463 Views)
waterlilly
Member Avatar

I have the arms to die for and the neck of a turkey #EatMoreChicken
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

phloe3

Is it me or did Teresa look jealous when she saw Paige and JJ kissing?

concerned
Member Avatar

phloe3
May 20 2014, 06:52 PM
She must of. That's one of the three emotions women feel under this regime.

phloe3

Thanks concerned

Kaha
Member Avatar

phloe3
I thougth she looked annoyed. I think Theresa is still angry about JJ turning the toubles on her and humiliating her. She can't get over that defeat.

astropastel
Member Avatar

Hey where's Kayla, Abe, and Caroline. They keep getting new folks when I'd rather see more of them folks.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Brady:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Ericole:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Haiden:

blueskies
Member Avatar

Rosebud
May 20 2014, 06:13 PM
missmeka1987_
May 20 2014, 01:54 PM
Matt
May 20 2014, 12:39 PM
has Marlena always been a sanctimonious bitch?

According to Kristen Dimera she has actually those were her words "you sanctimonious bitch" :lol:
From the mouth of a priest rapist :lol:
to be fair, pretty much everything Kristen said to Marlena was pure hypocrisy.

blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
May 20 2014, 06:58 PM
phloe3
what are the other two? Sadness & sexual frustration?

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
May 20 2014, 05:28 PM
I feel compelled to freelance head write a couple of things. Bear with me...

I don't have a problem with Nicole stealing the Chyka evidence & destroying it. IMO, it was in character for her insecurities to get the better of her & her to take the impulsive self-preservation (yet ultimately self-destructive approach). My problem comes from the fact that she's CONTINUED to go on with it and lie about it and it's pushing her into the unrootable column. If it had been me, I would've still had her steal/destroy the evidence, but eventually do the right thing out of guilt ON HER OWN -- NOT because someone forced her into it and because she had to. Nicole should've done the selfless thing and handed the evidence over herself.

I would've written it that Nicole went to Father Louis FIRST and garnered a promise of confidentiality after her confession to him of what she'd done. He would follow through with this promise and only said to Eric and their superiors that the evidence had been handed over by an unnamed anonymous source. Eric is cleared in the eyes of the church and given the opportunity to become a priest again. This leads to a period where Eric must soul search whether he'll chose the priesthood or Nicole. Meanwhile, once Father Louis hands the evidence over to the police, it is determined that due to possible allegations of tampering & chain of evidence, it might not be submisable in a court of law if Kristen is ever caught because any competent attorney could have it thrown out. Eric is merely grateful that it is finally proven what Kristen did to him to anyone that matters (i.e. the church and Brady).

Naturally, Eric wants Father Louis to tell him the source of the evidence because he wants to be able to thank them personally for what they've done for him. Father Louis refusal to do so, launches Eric on a quest to find out who was responsible. Meanwhile, Daniel sees the evidence (thanks to being in the right place at the right time) and quickly realizes that it came from Nicole and he questions her about it. Nicole confesses the truth to Daniel and, although he's shocked by what she's done, realizes that she ultimately did the right thing and agrees not to say anything to Eric.

Later, Eric decides to chose Nicole over returning to the church and makes plans to formally propose marriage to her. Unfortunately, before he's able to do so (although he has the ring physically in hand), he overhears Nicole talking to Daniel (or Father Louis) about her role in the Chyka evidence and he's crushed. Eric confronts Nicole about what she's done and after some denial, she finally tearfully confesses to originally destroying the evidence. Although she reminds him that did eventually hand over the evidence to clear his name, he's still clearly devastated (angry that she could even consider destroying the evidence in the first place) and tells her that he needs time to think about their future.

Later, as Eric prays over returning to the priesthood reconciled with what Nicole has done, he holds the engagement ring he bought for Nicole (but never showed her) in his hands. Somehow, something happens that causes him to drop it and lose it and he takes it as a sign that he's place is in the church and he retakes his vows (much to Nicole's sadness). This leads to a self-destructive period for Nicole which breaks Eric's heart and, despite what's happened between them, he attempts to help and counsel her which she very snidely rebuffs by throwing his priestly vows and his choosing her back in his face. Of course, as time goes on, Nicole's feelings begin to soften and Eric begins to realize that, no matter what she did, Nicole ultimately did the right selfless thing knowing what the consequences might be. Although nether one of them will openly admit it, they are both still deeply in love.

Eventually, Eric is unable to deny his love for Nicole and they give in to their feelings and make love for the "first time" -- and since Eric is still a priest, he's broken his vows. Which now causes him a great deal of guilt because he actually has now done what he was originally accused & cleared of. This guilt causes him to push Nicole away, but he can't ignore his true feelings for long and seeks counsel in Father Louis... yadda yadda yadda...

Matt, I think you should write for the show.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 20 2014, 07:38 PM
Matt

I don't have a problem with Nicole stealing the Chyka evidence & destroying it. IMO, it was in character for her insecurities to get the better of her & her to take the impulsive self-preservation (yet ultimately self-destructive approach). My problem comes from the fact that she's CONTINUED to go on with it and lie about it and it's pushing her into the unrootable column. If it had been me, I would've still had her steal/destroy the evidence, but eventually do the right thing out of guilt ON HER OWN -- NOT because someone forced her into it and because she had to. Nicole should've done the selfless thing and handed the evidence over herself.

I would've written it that Nicole went to Father Louis FIRST and garnered a promise of confidentiality after her confession to him of what she'd done. He would follow through with this promise and only said to Eric and their superiors that the evidence had been handed over by an unnamed anonymous source. Eric is cleared in the eyes of the church and given the opportunity to become a priest again. This leads to a period where Eric must soul search whether he'll chose the priesthood or Nicole. Meanwhile, once Father Louis hands the evidence over to the police, it is determined that due to possible allegations of tampering & chain of evidence, it might not be submisable in a court of law if Kristen is ever caught because any competent attorney could have it thrown out. Eric is merely grateful that it is finally proven what Kristen did to him to anyone that matters (i.e. the church and Brady).

Naturally, Eric wants Father Louis to tell him the source of the evidence because he wants to be able to thank them personally for what they've done for him. Father Louis refusal to do so, launches Eric on a quest to find out who was responsible. Meanwhile, Daniel sees the evidence (thanks to being in the right place at the right time) and quickly realizes that it came from Nicole and he questions her about it. Nicole confesses the truth to Daniel and, although he's shocked by what she's done, realizes that she ultimately did the right thing and agrees not to say anything to Eric.

Later, Eric decides to chose Nicole over returning to the church and makes plans to formally propose marriage to her. Unfortunately, before he's able to do so (although he has the ring physically in hand), he overhears Nicole talking to Daniel (or Father Louis) about her role in the Chyka evidence and he's crushed. Eric confronts Nicole about what she's done and after some denial, she finally tearfully confesses to originally destroying the evidence. Although she reminds him that did eventually hand over the evidence to clear his name, he's still clearly devastated (angry that she could even consider destroying the evidence in the first place) and tells her that he needs time to think about their future.

Later, as Eric prays over returning to the priesthood reconciled with what Nicole has done, he holds the engagement ring he bought for Nicole (but never showed her) in his hands. Somehow, something happens that causes him to drop it and lose it and he takes it as a sign that he's place is in the church and he retakes his vows (much to Nicole's sadness). This leads to a self-destructive period for Nicole which breaks Eric's heart and, despite what's happened between them, he attempts to help and counsel her which she very snidely rebuffs by throwing his priestly vows and his choosing her back in his face. Of course, as time goes on, Nicole's feelings begin to soften and Eric begins to realize that, no matter what she did, Nicole ultimately did the right selfless thing knowing what the consequences might be. Although nether one of them will openly admit it, they are both still deeply in love.

Eventually, Eric is unable to deny his love for Nicole and they give in to their feelings and make love for the "first time" -- and since Eric is still a priest, he's broken his vows. Which now causes him a great deal of guilt because he actually has now done what he was originally accused & cleared of. This guilt causes him to push Nicole away, but he can't ignore his true feelings for long and seeks counsel in Father Louis... yadda yadda yadda...

Matt, I think you should write for the show.
Co-sign love what you wrote Matt and that's probably how this story would have been written 25 plus years ago. Most of the great writers are retired or dead now we are left with show runners who don't give a damn about the audience period, just stroking their own ego and whatever else :soapbox:

PALMommy
Member Avatar

astropastel
May 20 2014, 07:16 PM
Hey where's Kayla, Abe, and Caroline. They keep getting new folks when I'd rather see more of them folks.
Where's T????

Sariah
Member Avatar

Matt

If this had actually happened on screen, I would have eaten it up with a spoon.

Why can't TPTB do this?

nananana7
Member Avatar

PALMommy
May 20 2014, 08:44 PM
Where's T????

I'd like to know that, too!
Where the heck is T?
I miss him!

Sweet and Salty

daysjahvu
May 20 2014, 09:31 AM
Sariah
May 20 2014, 09:24 AM
lysie
May 20 2014, 12:27 AM
OMG. Do you know what I just realized? Daniel is also who ruined Melanie for me. I didn't love her before, but she didn't bother me. I wasn't on board with Philip/Melanie, but I liked her okay in general, and I didn't think Molly was bad. I even defended her when Nelson called her a hair model (because he was also touting the chick who played Mia at the same time). But the day she found out she was Daniel and Carly's...it all went to hell.
Daniel literally ruins every character that he has a story with. Without exception.

It's kind of like kissing Abby. Every guy she's kissed has left the show...Austin, Cameron, Chad, original-recipe Ben & EJ's departure is on the horizon. We'll have to wait & see if Ben2 has any better luck...he may already be gone too.

You think we should start a Dabby campaign so we can finally take care of Daniel? Of course we would all need huge quantities of brain bleach if it happened, but the bright side would be Daniel's departure.
Never noticed that. You're right!

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

No1_ILoveLucyFan
May 20 2014, 11:30 AM
Rosebud
May 20 2014, 11:18 AM
Honeybees
May 20 2014, 11:05 AM
John has been in Europe and is glad to run into her. She's cold. The divorce is proceeding as planned. She asked if he has seen Brady and wonders if John knows why Brady isn't receptive. Then, she says there's nothing for John in Salem and coldly walks away. (?????)
That's it? WTF is wrong with Marlena? I hate this show.
I love her to pieces, but yeah, she's pissin me off too. Actually, the writers of this tripe are, cause real Marlena would poke him in the chest & demand an explanation about his "plan", not just walk away from decades worth of marriage.
Yeah the current writers are such assholes! I hate the way Marlena is treating John. Yeah he screwed up bad but he's trying to reach out and make things right. I understand Marlena is pissed but geez! They are writing Marlena as this cold, unfeeling person that I don't recognize. :shrug:
I miss the Marlena that we had before John left, the one who wanted to work out the marriage. I just wish the current writers would jump off the nearest cliff! I miss the John and Marlena we had in 2011 and early 2012. TomSell have destroyed J&M and I just want to cry. Of course Ken Corday doesn't give a damn even though he knows J&M's history and their loyal fanbase. I hope he falls on a rusty nail and dies for what he has done to my couple! :flipoff:
How I long for the days of Sheri Anderson... :tears:

Ophelia
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 20 2014, 07:37 PM
concerned
May 20 2014, 06:58 PM
phloe3
what are the other two? Sadness & sexual frustration?
Well, "desperate" has to be one.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
May 20 2014, 09:12 PM
daysjahvu
May 20 2014, 09:31 AM
Sariah
May 20 2014, 09:24 AM
lysie
May 20 2014, 12:27 AM
OMG. Do you know what I just realized? Daniel is also who ruined Melanie for me. I didn't love her before, but she didn't bother me. I wasn't on board with Philip/Melanie, but I liked her okay in general, and I didn't think Molly was bad. I even defended her when Nelson called her a hair model (because he was also touting the chick who played Mia at the same time). But the day she found out she was Daniel and Carly's...it all went to hell.
Daniel literally ruins every character that he has a story with. Without exception.

It's kind of like kissing Abby. Every guy she's kissed has left the show...Austin, Cameron, Chad, original-recipe Ben & EJ's departure is on the horizon. We'll have to wait & see if Ben2 has any better luck...he may already be gone too.

You think we should start a Dabby campaign so we can finally take care of Daniel? Of course we would all need huge quantities of brain bleach if it happened, but the bright side would be Daniel's departure.
Never noticed that. You're right!
Yeah, Black Widow Abby needs to channel her powers for good and get rid of Daniel.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I could go on with how Eric finally decides to chose Nicole while she's left town to clear her head & forget Eric and how he plans go to her and tell her he loves her and wants to leave the church for her, but before he can he finds out she's impulsively (and drunkenly) eloped with a guy in Las Vegas & brings him back to Salem. Of course, Nicole's hubby ends up being not quite a fabulous as advertised, but before Nicole or Eric can realize he's a secret baddie, Eric refuses to pursue Nicole out of respect for the sanctity of her marriage vows. Of course, once Nicole manages to extricate herself from that marriage (taking the better part of a year), Eric & Nicole finally plan to wed, but on the day of their wedding, who should show up but a former love of Eric's during his time as a photojournalist away from Salem who he'd thought had been killed (and helped lead to his turn to the church to begin with) who also just happens to bring with her a child -- Eric's child. The wedding, naturally, comes to a grinding halt and as Eric attends to this new shock, Nicole curses God for once again ruining her chance at happiness....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply