Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Weekly Thread: Week of 5/19-5/25; 5/24 UPDATE: Simone Pascal, the first person to speak on Days, is found just in time for show's 50th anniversary next year!
Topic Started: May 20 2014, 09:32 AM (3,370 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

SIMONE PASCAL, THE FIRST PERSON TO SPEAK ON "DAYS OF OUR LIVES", IS FOUND JUST IN TIME FOR THE SHOW'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY NEXT YEAR!

Posted Image

Out of the blue today, I was contacted by Simone Pascal, the actress who spoke the first ever line of dialogue on "Days of Our Lives" as Julie's friend, Carol. Up until today, I never had been able to find out what happened to her after her one-day "Days" appearance. It was like she had vanished, and I thought I would never find out the mystery of what happened to her.

I've since been in contact with her today, and will hopefully post an interview with her soon. As many soap fans know, Helen Wagner spoke the first ever line of dialogue on "As the World Turns" ("Good morning, dear") in 1956. So, it will be an honor to get fans updated on Simone, who spoke the first words ever on "Days" in the pilot episode of November 8, 1965 ("Julie, you're the greatest.")

To watch that historic scene, click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jXTPRoijVc

DAYTIME EMMYS HAVE POSTED ALL ACTOR SUBMISSION REELS ON YOUTUBE...

Here's the four "Days" Daytime Emmy acting nominee submission reels for this year's awards...

Lead Actress: Eileen Davidson (Kristen)
Episode # 12096, Airdate: 5/30/13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdAYqC-LKpI

Lead Actress: Arianne Zucker (Nicole)
Episode # 12214, Airdate: 11/15/13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMxgDONu_MU

Supporting Actor: Eric Martsolf (Brady)
Episode #12243, Airdate: 12/30/13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjfcTvAolcU

Younger Actor: Chandler Massey (Will)
Episode # 12029, Airdate: 2/22/13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L468bkUeVpw

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, ALI!

Here's a look back at Alison Sweeney's 21+ years on "Days of Our Lives." Ali tapes her final episode as Sami this week. For the complete photo montage, visit http://www.jason47.com/

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: JENNIFER ROSE IS NAMED!

Posted Image

In this final installment of a look back into Jennifer's birth, Jennifer Rose is named in Episode # 2572, which aired on Monday, February 9, 1976. If you haven't read the updates on Episode # 2570 and 2571, do so now, and find out all about how Jennifer's birth ended up happening in a farmhouse kitchen owned by the lovable Rosie Carlson. http://www.jason47.com/

CELESTIN CORNIELLE TWEETS ABOUT HIS NEW ROLE...

Posted Image

Celestin Cornielle, who is debuting in a recurring role in September and involved in EJ's last storyline on the show, tweeted today that his character's name is Miguel and that he is a "fun character." Cornielle last appeared on "Days" in October 2007 as Officer Moreno.

Here's his tweet:
"I have actually been rebooted as a much more fun character, Miguel. Expect quite a splash from him come September ''

LAURA KAI CHEN (DA MELINDA TRASK) SET TO RETURN...

Posted Image

Laura Kai Chen, who played DA Melinda Trask during Sami's murder trial last year, tweeted that she was back working on "Days" on March 25. Who will the DA be going after this time when the episode(s) air in August??

Here's her tweet: https://twitter.com/LauraKaiChen/status/448586805915295746/photo/1

THIS WEEK'S CREDITS:

Justin Gaston (Ben) was removed from the credits. His last airdate had never been announced, so it looks like it was Friday, May 16. Robert Scott Wilson debuts as the new Ben this Thursday, but he was not yet listed in the credits.

This is the first week since March 24 that no new guests made their debut.

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 5/19/14-Friday 5/23/14

John Aniston - Victor Kiriakis
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Aloma Wright - Maxine Landis
Campbell & Carolyn Rose - Allie Horton
Michael Rose - Hitman
Edited by Jason47, May 24 2014, 10:26 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marlene

Thanks Jason. The Rose twins have really run with this. So nice to see them being featured. Happy to see more Lucas and, of course, Victor

nananana7

Following up on the convo from last week's Jason47 thread comparing broadcast credits with hulu credits ...

In the hulu.com version of the credits for Monday May 19, 2014,
Justin Gaston has been removed; and RSW is not yet listed; so that agrees with what Jason says above.

FYI: in the hulu.com version of the credits for Monday May 19, 2014, Blake Berris is still listed.

Jason47
Member Avatar

nananana7
May 20 2014, 09:50 AM
Following up on the convo from last week's Jason47 thread comparing broadcast credits with hulu credits ...

In the hulu.com version of the credits for Monday May 19, 2014,
Justin Gaston has been removed; and RSW is not yet listed; so that agrees with what Jason says above.

FYI: in the hulu.com version of the credits for Monday May 19, 2014, Blake Berris is still listed.
Thanks for checking and comparing!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Laura Kai Chen, who played DA Melinda Trask during Sami's murder trial last year, tweeted that she was back working on "Days" on March 25. Who will the DA be going after this time when the episode(s) air in August??

Here's her tweet: https://twitter.com/LauraKaiChen/status/448586805915295746/photo/1

Kaha
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 20 2014, 10:33 AM

Posted Image

That woman was ridiculously OTT. I hope she tones-it-down this time.

Maybe the Coven will be charged or EJ and Sami will be charged with solicitation to murder and then they'll turn on Stefano to save themselves and then they'll go on the witness protection program as their final exist. But in order that to happen the Feds need to be involved, so let's see if they hire someone else as an FBI agent.

ShaneDOOLFan

I'm thinking she goes after Kristen?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

She is probably after Ej. She was pretty sore after she lost the case last year.

naptown
Member Avatar

The return of the Trask Master! It's a shame they didn't hire an Asian actress to play Paige because I could totally see Melinda being a tiger mom to her.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CELESTIN CORNIELLE TWEETS ABOUT HIS NEW ROLE...

Posted Image

Celestin Cornielle, who is debuting in a recurring role in September and involved in EJ's last storyline on the show, tweeted today that his character's name is Miguel and that he is a "fun character." Cornielle last appeared on "Days" in October 2007 as Officer Moreno.

Here's his tweet:
"I have actually been rebooted as a much more fun character, Miguel. Expect quite a splash from him come September ''

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Yes! I actually really liked LKC as Trask. Great to see her again.

I especially liked her scenes against EJ. She really wants for the DiMeras to pay too. I'm kinda wondering, from the timing, might this have anything to do with Kristen?
Edited by Yoryla, May 20 2014, 02:12 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

I'm hoping we get to see Melinda Trask vs Aiden Jennings. No clue what the case might be, but I can see Aiden getting quite annoyed with Melinda's tactics.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

And so... the court room scenes? They are with her.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I actually liked LAURA KAI CHEN, hope she stays. She is an interesting lady. We could need the diversity on Days for the regular characters.

.... so, 2 characters that might be connected to EJs departure. Interesting. Sounds like someone is going to get into trouble . Wonder how and who?

*sighs* Truthfully, I don't want EJ to leave.. been loving this character (the + and the -) throughout the years. Not sure I would like a recast of EJ either. Atlas,... at least we have a few more months of EJ on the screen. Hope they make every EJ moment count,..
Edited by DayDreamer, May 20 2014, 03:04 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: JENNIFER ROSE IS NAMED!

Posted Image

In this final installment of a look back into Jennifer's birth, Jennifer Rose is named in Episode # 2572, which aired on Monday, February 9, 1976. If you haven't read the updates on Episode # 2570 and 2571, do so now, and find out all about how Jennifer's birth ended up happening in a farmhouse kitchen owned by the lovable Rosie Carlson. http://www.jason47.com/

thepadange

ShaneDOOLFan
May 20 2014, 10:46 AM

Yoryla
May 20 2014, 02:09 PM
. She really wants for the DiMeras to pay too. I'm kinda wondering, from the timing, might this have anything to do with Kristen?

Supergirlx2
May 20 2014, 02:12 PM
I'm hoping we get to see Melinda Trask vs Aiden Jennings. No clue what the case might be, but I can see Aiden getting quite annoyed with Melinda's tactics.

I wouldn't mind Aiden representing Kristen :D . This would create some drama.
BTW, just checked the tweets, it looks like Kristian, Daniel and Eric (actors) worked that day.

Edited by thepadange, May 20 2014, 03:17 PM.

leela46

thepadange
May 20 2014, 03:12 PM
ShaneDOOLFan

Yoryla
. She really wants for the DiMeras to pay too. I'm kinda wondering, from the timing, might this have anything to do with Kristen?

Supergirlx2

BTW, just checked the tweets, it looks like Kristian, Daniel and Eric (actors) worked that day.

So Hope, Aiden, and Brady are on the same day as Melinda Trask. Sounds like Melinda might be going after Kristen.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

leela46
May 20 2014, 03:57 PM
thepadange
ShaneDOOLFan

Yoryla

Supergirlx2

So Hope, Aiden, and Brady are on the same day as Melinda Trask. Sounds like Melinda might be going after Kristen.
Not necessarily. The Kristian/Daniel/Eric pic was taken in the MUR. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're all sharing scenes in the courtroom:

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/448619490251526144/photo/1

Based on another pic, it looks like the Hope/Brady scenes are at the pub:

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/448656309391339523/photo/1

ETA: there was also this tweet in response to the Kristian/Eric pic:
LarryPoindexter: @KJAlfonso @ericmartsolf um....ditto! #fatherlouis
https://twitter.com/LarryPoindexter/status/448657366217523200

A week and a half (or so) prior to these scenes, there were courtroom/PD scenes shot with Nicole, Marlena, Aiden, Jen, Sami, & Hope. These scenes may or may not be related to anything having to do with Melinda Trask.

ETA#2: Here's Lysie's summary for the week the Melinda Trask scenes were shot: http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9083499/1/
Edited by Supergirlx2, May 20 2014, 04:16 PM.

thepadange

leela46
thepadange
ShaneDOOLFan

Yoryla

Supergirlx2

Might be, but not necessarily. Actors also posted some photos (with KA, AZ, DHer, AS, DC) on March 13th on the set that people thought could be a courtroom or a police station. DH tweeted about 10 actors being on one set like the old days. (It just looks weeks apart - actually they taped March 13th, 14th, then a dark week and March 24th, 25th, so those shooting dates are quite close).
BTW, there was a cryptic twitter exchange between ED and SC on March 14th, and ED posted on her FB page on March 17th that she got bruises. So Daniel?? Or maybe the ladies ;) ;) ;) ?
Posted Image
Edited by thepadange, May 20 2014, 05:07 PM.

leela46

thepadange
May 20 2014, 04:08 PM
leela46
thepadange
ShaneDOOLFan

Yoryla

Supergirlx2

Might be, but not necessarily. Actors also posted some photos (KA, AZ, DHer, AS, DC) on March 13th on the set that people thought could be a courtroom or a police station. DH tweeted about 10 actors being on one set like the old days.
Posted Image
Ugh, Nicole's hair. Ok from the pictures and tweets they filmed in either the PD or a courtroom. With Melinda Trask back it was probably a courtroom. Since Aiden is there he is probably defense attorney. With a bunch of characters on set then it has to be a major character on trial. I was thinking Kristen on trial but wouldn't she have EJ as her lawyer? Of course Sami might forbid EJ from representing Kristen. Maybe Gabi is a red herring and this is connected to Nick's murder. I hope we get to see Aiden cross examine Hope on the witness stand.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply