Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 20 2014, 11:58 PM (10,604 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

A black person! Sometimes I forget they exist watching this show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Eugenia - Kate's "partner in crime" and a thorn in Sami's side.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
May 20 2014, 11:58 PM
Posted Image

Discuss!
OMG is that Eugenia?! I loved her. I wish Kate still had an assistant!

My favorite is when Sami broke into Eugenia's apartment and was hiding under the bed - hilarious!

naptown
Member Avatar

I freaking loved Eugenia and how she was always putting Sami in her place!

Writers take note: this is how you should have been writing for Jeannie T and Anne Milbauer.

Note to casting and NBC execs: There are plenty of African American (and other non-Caucasian) actors out there who really know how to act. Stop hiring only light-skinned African American underwear models (both Camerons, Jet, Tek) who cannot act to fill your diversity quotas. Granted we have Abe and Maxine who both have darker skin, but Abe is a well established character with over 30 years on the show, and Maxine was brought on to be Days' version of GH's Epiphany. Because every soap needs a heavy-set sassy black nurse to prop their manwhore saintly doctor.

concerned
Member Avatar

naptown
May 21 2014, 01:43 AM

Writers take note: this is how you should have been writing for Jeannie T and Anne Milbauer.

Note to casting and NBC execs: There are plenty of African American (and other non-Caucasian) actors out there who really know how to act. Stop hiring only light-skinned African American underwear models (both Camerons, Jet, Tek) who cannot act to fill your diversity quotas. Granted we have Abe and Maxine who both have darker skin, but Abe is a well established character with over 30 years on the show, and Maxine was brought on to be Days' version of GH's Epiphany. Because every soap needs a heavy-set sassy black nurse to prop their manwhore saintly doctor.
I disagree with you about Tek's acting abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfd1LRHrMkg

The punch alone is far more convincing than a lot of the stuff that's been offered up lately.

(unfortunately I can not support either Cameron or Jet).

More Tek
Spoiler: click to toggle

Oops my trip down tek memory lane is making me realise I actually liked Roman (JT version) with kate.

Apart from that ridiculous Alex North storyline I think I am in love with 2005 Days.
Edited by concerned, May 21 2014, 02:43 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Eugenia! This show really was OTT in the past but whatever they wrote then is STILL 100X more entertaining than anything they have tried to put out after. JER had his disappointing moments but at least he knew how to tell a story, there was a beginning a middle and an end....a build up to a reveal....I miss him so

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Loved Eugenia! She was certainly the Anne Milbauer before Anne Milbauer. But at least Eugenia had a real issue with Sami that we actually got to see, which made her purpose of getting revenge on Sami make much more sense and actually was interesting.

blueskies
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 21 2014, 08:36 AM
Eugenia! This show really was OTT in the past but whatever they wrote then is STILL 100X more entertaining than anything they have tried to put out after. JER had his disappointing moments but at least he knew how to tell a story, there was a beginning a middle and an end....a build up to a reveal....I miss him so
I miss him too. And I want to know what the ending for SSK was before it was the ridiculous "Melaswen"! And can you imagine if we didn't have any of those characters now? Jack wouldn't have been sacrificed at the alter of Dan, Maggie wouldn't have her egg (or egg wouldn't have her), Lexie might have gotten a storyline separate from Abe, and Roman would be gone.

(ok, I'd miss Doug, Caroline, Gram, and Jack but that's it; but most of them are gone now anyway).
Edited by blueskies, May 21 2014, 08:56 AM.

Marlene

Hmmm. I'd have to add Marlena to the list of those I'd miss. But for the most part, I'm missing her now, so is there any difference....

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

Happy birthday Arianna Grace Horton! :wub2:

Posted Image

quesla

naptown
May 21 2014, 01:43 AM

:hail: :cheer: :cheers: :applause: :yahoo: THIS . Its ridiculous how narrow-minded this show is in 2014.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Marlene
May 21 2014, 09:24 AM
Hmmm. I'd have to add Marlena to the list of those I'd miss. But for the most part, I'm missing her now, so is there any difference....
yeah, i guess i just figured even in JER's original, she and Tony/Andre would have been alive in the end.

naptown
Member Avatar

OK, I take it back Concerned! Rhassan Orange's Tek was a much better actor than everyone I lumped him in with and quite frankly, better than most currently on the canvas. For some reason, I was confusing RO with Marcus Patrick's Jet.

I am loving all the clips you've been posting lately, so thank you very much for that! However they make me sad and lament the show that is on compared to back then (even during the Alex North storyline). :frownie:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Today we've got:
EJ/Sami
Nicole/Dan/Eric
Will/Lucas
Maggie/Victor
Sonny/Gabi
Kate
Edited by Supergirlx2, May 21 2014, 11:12 AM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 21 2014, 11:09 AM
Today we've got:
EJ/Sami
Nicole/Dan/Eric
Will/Lucas

Thanks Super, home sick and was wondering whether to watch, you've helped make my decision easier I'll probably catch it later online if at all.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Oh, for fuck's sake! Ericole are now arguing over which of them Dan will stand up for. I SERIOUSLY CANNOT!!! :headbang: :offs: :facepalm:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

People's reactions about EJami's conversation about Will should be interesting...

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Fafokahw
May 21 2014, 11:13 AM
Supergirlx2
May 21 2014, 11:09 AM
Today we've got:
EJ/Sami
Nicole/Dan/Eric
Will/Lucas

Thanks Super, home sick and was wondering whether to watch, you've helped make my decision easier I'll probably catch it later online if at all.
Awww. Hope you feel better soon. :)

AmbernOK
Member Avatar

OMG!!! :headbang: :thumbsdown: :facepalm: @Eric asking Daniel to be his best man!!! :wtf:

#FreeEricole
Edited by AmbernOK, May 21 2014, 11:25 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply