Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Will confesses
Topic Started: May 23 2014, 01:19 AM (2,777 Views)
Ellie

This week's SOD features a short article about Will.

Hope intends to search the Kiriakis mansion, but Victor finds evidence that may implicate Sonny.

Will therefore says that he shot Nick. He knows that "everything Sonny did was because of his love for Will and Arianna," Guy Wilson explains.

Sami and EJ try to stop Will from confessing, and Sonny worries he'll lose Will forever.

But then a new twist happens which points to someone else...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Just once I'd love to see someone pay the consequences of obstructing the course of justice. If we are to start that cycle with Will, even better.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Sami and Lucas should be the ones convincing their son not to confess. The one thing I'll enjoy the most of EJ leaving is that he won't be around for these moments.

sillibella
Member Avatar

Unpopular opinion (?) ...I like that Will confesses to try and save Sonny. Clearly the writers will most likely never have Will pay for shooting EJ but I do like that Will is thinking in a selfless (at least by soap standards) way and wants to take the hit for Sonny, at least in his mind. Of course the whole confession will mostly be worthless since Sonny isn't guilty but still... :)
Edited by sillibella, May 23 2014, 05:20 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

sillibella
May 23 2014, 05:17 AM
Unpopular opinion (?) ...I like that Will confesses to try and save Sonny. Clearly the writers will most likely never have Will pay for shooting EJ but I do like that Will is thinking in a selfless (at least by soap standards) way and wants to take the hit for Sonny, at least in his mind. Of course the whole confession will mostly be worthless since Sonny isn't guilty but still... :)
I think Will has paid plenty for shooting EJ, in terms of guilt and almost losing his daughter twice and being blackmailed by an alive and well EJ who never bothered to tell the police who really shot him. Now, the other time EJ was shot is an entirely different matter.

jam6242
Member Avatar

So Will is going to put Sonny before Arianna AGAIN. ^o)

sillibella
Member Avatar

Honeybees
May 23 2014, 06:41 AM
sillibella
May 23 2014, 05:17 AM
I think Will has paid plenty for shooting EJ, in terms of guilt and almost losing his daughter twice and being blackmailed by an alive and well EJ who never bothered to tell the police who really shot him. Now, the other time EJ was shot is an entirely different matter.
I specifically meant jail time but I'm fine with Will never serving a day in jail for shooting EJ because, as you stated well, Will has paid for his crime in more ways than one and since he still feels guilty as hell over a crime he commited as a young teenager, I'd say that time in jail is definitely not even remotely necessary in this case. I appreciate that Will will never fully forgive himself or never believe that he still doesn't owe Lucas for what he did. Keeps him fairly realistically humble.
Edited by sillibella, May 23 2014, 07:18 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

I am surprised that Will is the one confessing. I think it has a lot to do with his dad positioning himself to be a suspect as well. But I can understand why Will feels he owes Sonny this. Sonny is in this position because of Will and his secret and because of Gabi and his criminally inclined mom and grandmother. It probably comes at a moment of desperation and without thinking it through.

I agree with Honeybees that Will paid for shooting EJ. If I never hear about that event ever again, I will be a happy woman.

six
Member Avatar

I'd like Will sacrificing himself for Sonny if Sonny actually did it, but I'm not a fan of the stories where people run off and confess to things unnecessarily, because they skipped the step of confronting their partner about whatever it is that they assume they're guilty of.

Kaha
Member Avatar

six
May 23 2014, 09:47 AM
I'd like Will sacrificing himself for Sonny if Sonny actually did it, but I'm not a fan of the stories where people run off and confess to things unnecessarily, because they skipped the step of confronting their partner about whatever it is that they assume they're guilty of.
This has been driving me nuts. I am like, dude, just ask him and get a confirmation. But I guess, neither one wanted his suspicion confirmed. And once Will finds some evidence that point to Sonny, maybe he doesn't want Sonny talking him out of it and that's why he rushes. It would've made things easier though, if they just talked about the murder openly that first night.

Angelsmile

jam6242
May 23 2014, 07:08 AM
It is quite shameful the way he is running off and leaving her an orphan. :rolleyes:

ETA: :sarcasm:
Edited by Angelsmile, May 23 2014, 10:41 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

six
May 23 2014, 09:47 AM
My best hope is that Wilson realizes their folly in not actually confronting each other with their suspicions of each other sooner, so they could figure out that neither of them did it. I can also see why Will would confess because he carries guilt for not legally paying for what he did to the-alive-and-well blackmailing EJ and Lucas role modeled to him that it is noble to confess to save a loved one.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
May 23 2014, 10:01 AM
jam6242
It is quite shameful the way he is running off and leaving her an orphan. :rolleyes:
What's shameful about leaving Ari with her OTHER father and her mother? Lucas left Will when he needed a father to go to jail for him, so Will is only doing what has been role modeled as right and noble. While I think Will is foolish, Arianna would not be orphaned by Will's absence. [Edited to add: Angelsmile was being sarcastic, which I missed totally. So, while my point stands it isn't directed at her anymore!]

Also, on top of that, Sonny is the primary economic provider for Arianna right now. Gabi is probably second with her modeling, which is hardly stable. I doubt that will be brought up onscreen, but it is a fair point to make. As near as I can see, Sonny supports Will in school and as he is starting his writing career (which they even acknowledged is hardly lucrative).
Edited by Honeybees, May 23 2014, 10:43 AM.

camera shy

LuvingLumi
May 23 2014, 05:15 AM
Sami and Lucas should be the ones convincing their son not to confess. The one thing I'll enjoy the most of EJ leaving is that he won't be around for these moments.
ANd I'd rather see Will confessing because he thought Lucas had committed the murder over Sonny considering how his father went to prison for him.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LuvingLumi
May 23 2014, 05:15 AM
STAMP!

EJ is NOT Will's father...and even though TPTB wish to holy hell he was...that fact is NEVER going to change.

I cannot wait for JS and AS exits!

Angelsmile

Honeybees
May 23 2014, 10:13 AM
Angelsmile
jam6242
What's shameful about leaving Ari with her OTHER father and her mother? Lucas left Will when he needed a father to go to jail for him, so Will is only doing what has been role modeled as right and noble. While I think Will is foolish, Arianna would not be orphaned by Will's absence.
I was being sarcastic in response to the comment that came before, as I thought I noted with the rollling eyes emoticon. Obviously, it did not translate well.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
May 23 2014, 10:38 AM
Honeybees
May 23 2014, 10:13 AM
Angelsmile
jam6242
What's shameful about leaving Ari with her OTHER father and her mother? Lucas left Will when he needed a father to go to jail for him, so Will is only doing what has been role modeled as right and noble. While I think Will is foolish, Arianna would not be orphaned by Will's absence.
I was being sarcastic in response to the comment that came before, as I thought I noted with the rollling eyes emoticon. Obviously, it did not translate well.
Gotcha! No problem. It's happened to me, only about a million times. :) Corrected my post to reflect what is now obvious.
Edited by Honeybees, May 23 2014, 10:43 AM.

am103
Member Avatar

I don't like this. Would Will really sacrifice a life with his daughter just so Sonny doesn't go to jail? I don't think that's brave or romantic at ALL.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Stupid. Waste. Of. Time.

sunnyways
Member Avatar

I really wish it had been Sonny to confess...I would have loved to have seen Adrenne's fireworks in the aftermath!

I think Will, despite having matured is still a writhing mass of guilt on the inside. I think he still feels guilty about Lucas going to jail for him, even though EJ could care less about the shooting, and I think he feels guilty that his and Sonny's relationship has mostly been about Nick and his shit and not really about them.

We have confirmation via Gabi that Sonny is Ari's dad too and we have the official paperwork to prove it, so I think Will knows that between Sonny and Gabi, Arianna will be okay should he have to go to jail.

Once again, I find myself really missing crucial conversations between Will and Sonny. Why won't the writers give us something?? I would like for once for these two talk about about their lives together and where they are going and where they plan to end up.

In a few short weeks, Gabi will be gone and we know that Will won't being doing hard time anytime soon.
What is next for WilSon? That is what I want to know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply