Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Will confesses
Topic Started: May 23 2014, 01:19 AM (2,652 Views)
daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

sunnyways
May 23 2014, 01:18 PM
I really wish it had been Sonny to confess...I would have loved to have seen Adrenne's fireworks in the aftermath!

I would have liked to see this - would give Adrienne something to do besides being offscreen visiting Sonny's brothers that we have yet to see interact with Sonny.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

sillibella
May 23 2014, 07:16 AM
Honeybees
May 23 2014, 06:41 AM
sillibella
May 23 2014, 05:17 AM
Unpopular opinion (?) ...I like that Will confesses to try and save Sonny. Clearly the writers will most likely never have Will pay for shooting EJ but I do like that Will is thinking in a selfless (at least by soap standards) way and wants to take the hit for Sonny, at least in his mind. Of course the whole confession will mostly be worthless since Sonny isn't guilty but still... :)
I think Will has paid plenty for shooting EJ, in terms of guilt and almost losing his daughter twice and being blackmailed by an alive and well EJ who never bothered to tell the police who really shot him. Now, the other time EJ was shot is an entirely different matter.
I specifically meant jail time but I'm fine with Will never serving a day in jail for shooting EJ because, as you stated well, Will has paid for his crime in more ways than one and since he still feels guilty as hell over a crime he commited as a young teenager, I'd say that time in jail is definitely not even remotely necessary in this case.
Not to mention the fact that, because Will was a minor at the time of the crime (not to mention many other legitimate factors that would need to be considered, like his mental state at the time of the crime and the fact that he'd had no priors at that time and, years later, still has no criminal record), he would almost certainly never be sentenced to spend even a single day behind bars -- in a jail or a prison -- for shooting E.J., in the real world or the soap world, if the truth were ever revealed to law enforcement officials.

And that doesn't even cover the fact that the victim of the crime would happily testify on Will's behalf or the fact that the evidence that ties Will to the crime is no longer in the possession of the police department. No matter how you slice this, the fact of the matter is that no jury would realistically convict Will for this crime, and no district attorney (not even one like Melinda) would realistically waste their time on such a case. Which is one of the many reasons why Nick's blackmail story was so completely asinine from the start.
Edited by Will&Sonny, May 23 2014, 04:15 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

six
May 23 2014, 09:47 AM
I'd like Will sacrificing himself for Sonny if Sonny actually did it, but I'm not a fan of the stories where people run off and confess to things unnecessarily, because they skipped the step of confronting their partner about whatever it is that they assume they're guilty of.
While I get your point and don't disagree with it, it's not going to matter much if the police tie Sonny to the gun and confirm that it was the one that was used to kill Nick. Even if Will knew that Sonny hadn't actually committed the crime, the police would still have pretty damning evidence against Sonny, and Will might still feel compelled to protect Sonny.

King
Member Avatar

Ever since the recast, I really could not care less about anything Will does.

Kaha
Member Avatar

jam6242
May 23 2014, 07:08 AM
So Will is going to put Sonny before Arianna AGAIN. ^o)
Will didn't give up his daughter for Sonny the first time. He gave up his daughter because Nick (a much older cousin), manipulated him and Will fell for it because he was still having problems accepting who he was. I remember all the talk about a child needing "a mother and a father," and being angry about it because it sounded like they just reworded the 'Focus on Family' press releases. I kinda understood what they were getting at once Nick became full homophobe.

Will's angst was more about his dysfunctional upbringing than about losing Sonny. Yes, losing his new relationship added to his confusion but it was never the primary reason. I always wondered why the fuck does Will feel this way when everyone in his family showered him with love and acceptance. It never made sense to me, but I guess he was deeply traumatized by his childhood and Nick used that.

monicasblueangel
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 23 2014, 10:29 AM
LuvingLumi
May 23 2014, 05:15 AM
Sami and Lucas should be the ones convincing their son not to confess. The one thing I'll enjoy the most of EJ leaving is that he won't be around for these moments.
STAMP!

EJ is NOT Will's father...and even though TPTB wish to holy hell he was...that fact is NEVER going to change.

I cannot wait for JS and AS exits!
I agree. Will is not Ej's son and I am sick of Ej trynna be Will's father. Hello, he has a father Lucas, so step back and stay out of it Ej!

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

Who else misses Chandler Massey?
Edited by DaysAddiction, May 29 2014, 12:16 AM.

Will&Sonny

DaysAddiction
May 29 2014, 12:05 AM
Every day.

sillibella
Member Avatar

DaysAddiction
I don't. I loved him in the role for the most part but he really wasnt putting his best foot forward the last six months or so of his time on Days. He clearly was becoming tired of the role and I'd rather have somebody who can be molded and grow into the role, who also is happy to be there, than somebody who wasnt even going to try and give it their all no matter how bad the story or dialogue happens to be.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

sillibella
May 29 2014, 02:47 AM
DaysAddiction
I don't. I loved him in the role for the most part but he really wasnt putting his best foot forward the last six months or so of his time on Days. He clearly was becoming tired of the role and I'd rather have somebody who can be molded and grow into the role, who also is happy to be there, than somebody who wasnt even going to try and give it their all no matter how bad the story or dialogue happens to be.
I loved Chandler's Will, especially when he was working for EJ and acting out against everyone.

That said, Guy Wilson has grown on me every day to the point of really enjoying him. I think he's done great with giving Will clear motivation for his really un-wise behavior in the last few episodes. As you say, it would be easy to be frustrated with Will at this point for not just talking to Sonny...but Guy has made it so you can see Will's reasoning. He puts a lot of thought and effort into his performance. I wish TomSell would allow Will to be a little less noble now and then and bring back some of the scheming-for-fun side of him Chandler got to play. Not to the extreme, but just a little now and then.

I also think Guy has great chemistry with Brian Datillo, and I'm really hoping he and Lucas continue to have a great onscreen relationship.
Edited by Honeybees, May 29 2014, 07:05 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply