Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: David Tom OUT! Burgess Jenkins IN!
Topic Started: May 23 2014, 07:40 AM (4,663 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/05/23/breaking-news-david-tom-out-burgess-jenkins-in-as-billy-on-the-young-and-the-restless
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Wow....Y&R is like a revolving door.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

The door CAN hit him on the ass on the way out!

nananana7
Member Avatar

Wow

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0420792/bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgess_Jenkins

edit to add: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0420792/
Edited by nananana7, May 23 2014, 03:52 PM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Not surprised. What a mess!

nananana7
Member Avatar

nananana7
May 23 2014, 08:17 AM

He has seriously studied acting.

Thankfully this isn't just some model that's an actor-wanna-be.
Edited by nananana7, May 23 2014, 03:53 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

This guy just has to be better. DT might be good in some kind of acting... silent movies perhaps

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Thank goodness. Sometimes you can't go home again. I didn't see his last tenure as young Billy, so I can't compare it to his current. I didn't worship at the alter of BM so my dislike of DT's acting gig had nothing to do with preference. It's just that IMO he was awful in the role. He always has this whiny tone to his line delivery. The tone coupled w/ Billy blaming everyone for his problems made the character very wimpy. Additionally, I hate his mouth. It reminds me of a cat fish. It also says a LOT that my mother - who normally just rolls w/ the punches re: Soaps - thinks DT is awful.
Edited by badaddiction, May 23 2014, 08:46 AM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Every so often he'd accidentally say something funny, like wishing for a double knock out, lol. That was good.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

This is the best news EVER! I just hope this new guy can act.

Quote:

He always has this whiny tone to his line delivery. The tone coupled w/ Billy blaming everyone for his problems made the character very wimpy. Additionally, I hate his mouth. It reminds me of a cat fish.

ITA, and I don't know about the catfish, but, his mouth is definitely weird.
His first version of Billy wasn't much different, he couldn't act then either. I'm afraid Heather got all the talent in the family.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

What! I can't believe this. I pissed.

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

Good news. David Tom as Billy was doing nothing for me. Hopefully, this actor will be better.

metitle
Member Avatar

LPS
May 23 2014, 07:45 AM
Wow....Y&R is like a revolving door.
It sure is,
and the door will continue to spin.
You know what's interesting, the revolving door is more interesting than the stories coming out of the writers room.

Skye
Member Avatar

:cheer: I prayed for this. :cheer:

He was horrible.

taylore
Member Avatar

Why not just bring back Billy miller, hopefully they pair the recast with Chelsea.

metitle
Member Avatar

Billy Miller probably have a prime-time gig coming up and so he might not be available.
Also, he maybe wants to move away from this genre into something else.

Lynx612

There was a rumor that JFP and TPTB might have asked him to come back and he said NO. And, can you blame him? I don't. They could have let him do other projects like he wanted to do.
Edited by Lynx612, May 23 2014, 10:02 AM.

celine12

BlissfulLily
May 23 2014, 08:34 AM
This guy just has to be better. DT might be good in some kind of acting... silent movies perhaps
lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamonde
Member Avatar

I can watch him as Billy. I like his acting.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Woohooo! I liked DT during the teen yrs with the Glo gang but since none of them are on canvas, he really did not fit in with the current characters. He looked like shrimp opposite Victor and Stitch and all he did was sound whiney. This guy looks like a man at least.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply