Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 27 2014, 11:33 PM (10,602 Views)
PALMommy
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 08:35 PM
John's stilly walk:
Spoiler: click to toggle
I feel the need to say, "What da hell?" It's freakin' John Wayne Black! :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Dutch19
May 28 2014, 08:45 PM
Supergirlx2
John's stilly walk:
Wow... The song from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" just popped in my head at this clip! ;)
You can almost hear the spurs making the cha-chink noise can't ya?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Kaha
May 28 2014, 10:14 PM
Abe reading the Miranda Warning from the world's smallest cue card. How long has he been a cop?
Better question:
When did Abe become "Commander Carver" again?! And if he's the commander, does that mean that Roman's the commissioner?!

(& just while we're at it, can we make Hope a sergeant? lol. ;) )

Kaha
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 10:26 PM
Kaha
Abe reading the Miranda Warning from the world's smallest cue card. How long has he been a cop?
Better question:
When did Abe become "Commander Carver" again?! And if he's the commander, does that mean that Roman's the commissioner?!

Hope should be the Commissioner and she should promptly fire Roman since he's running a leaky.

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

I put this is the wrong place so I'm reposting it here. I like Paige and JJ together. :wub:2 I hope Rory and Bev don't mess up their relationship.
Edited by DaysAddiction, May 28 2014, 10:28 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kaha
Finally, I think I can understand Will's motivation. He was affected by his dad trying to take the rap for him again and I think he feels that Sonny killed Nick for him (everyone trying to do things for him). And I understand why Will and Sonny are not talking about this. Will didn't want to talk to anyone until it was too late. It's stupid but I can understand it.
I'll give the writers credit. Will is not supposed to be acting rationally. He's acting out of guilt and fear and the combination of both his father and Sonny being suspected for a murder that if either one did - they did it on his behalf just proved too much for him. The writers have laid a lot of groundwork for Will's guilt and his impulsiveness (as well as Lucas having role modeled that sacrificing yourself is noble) so that the behavior is not out of the blue. And refusing to get a lawyer is just part of the very obvious impulse to throw himself down as the sacrificial lamb.

As much as I hate that Nicole shredded those documents, I think the writers have also tried to explain her motives there as well. Though, it's more jarring since she was seen working so hard to clear Eric. But self-destruction is in character for her.

I can think of many examples where plot driven actions did seem out of the blue and there's been no attempt to explain it.

And I hope that Hope mentions that it's surprisingly common for people to confess to crimes they didn't commit once Will is exonerated.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 28 2014, 10:28 PM
Supergirlx2
Kaha
Better question:

Hope should be the Commissioner and she should promptly fire Roman since he's running a leaky.
Hope was actually offered the position quite a few years ago and decided to decline the offer. I think that, if Haiden were going steady, they could potentially revisit Hope as commissioner, but there's no way she'd accept the position while essentially being a single parent.

lysie
Member Avatar

nananana7
May 28 2014, 09:45 PM
So this explains this DR spoiler:
Quote:

Spoilers for the week of May 26th
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
At Gabi's photo shoot, Abigail is thrown when Ben has a strong reaction to an innocent offer

Honeybees
May 28 2014, 11:05 AM
Gabi is doing a ridiculous photo shoot at TBD. Abigail shows up
Honeybees
May 28 2014, 11:14 AM
The male model doesn't show and the photographer sees Ben.
Honeybees
May 28 2014, 11:24 AM
Gabi offers the modeling job to Ben for $500 but Ben says no.

Matt
May 28 2014, 12:23 PM
bah. Gabi's side-eyeing the really hot, built guy who doesn't want to model like "Bitch... you're going to fuck this up for me..."

KAM
May 28 2014, 12:54 PM
plot set up:
for Ben to turn down being the stand-in for the model gig since he doesn't want his face publicized and
for Abby to wonder why.

Supergirlx2
Abby & Gabi's WTF?!:
Doesn't the whole episode explain all of the spoilers?

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 10:37 PM
Kaha
Supergirlx2
Kaha
Better question:

Hope was actually offered the position quite a few years ago and decided to decline the offer. I think that, if Haiden were going steady, they could potentially revisit Hope as commissioner, but there's no way she'd accept the position while essentially being a single parent.
Supergirl....I have no clue if they'd even think to go there or not, but there's really no way Hope would do that? I realize she and Aiden aren't doing a dadgum thing, but there was also "no way" she was going to be interacting with a new man if Bo weren't dead.

lysie
Member Avatar

DaysAddiction
I put this is the wrong place so I'm reposting it here. I like Paige and JJ together. :wub:2 I hope Rory and Bev don't mess up their relationship.
The post that was in the wrong thread was the one about today's episode and who Will is covering for.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
May 28 2014, 10:42 PM
Supergirlx2
Kaha
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Supergirl....I have no clue if they'd even think to go there or not, but there's really no way Hope would do that? I realize she and Aiden aren't doing a dadgum thing, but there was also "no way" she was going to be interacting with a new man if Bo weren't dead.
You're determined to confuse me tonight aren't you?

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 28 2014, 10:44 PM
lysie
Supergirlx2
Kaha

Always.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Kaha

This was my favorite part! Really Abe?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Supergirlx2
Kaha
Supergirlx2

Well, TomSell are gonna do what TomSell wanna do & we can't do anything about Corday's stupid promise to PR. So, unfortunately, we're probably gonna end up with Hope being in a relationship with Aiden while Bo's still on his "deep cover mission".
As for the "Hope as commissioner" comment, Hope's main reason for not taking the job the last time was because she enjoyed being a mom too much & she knew that the commissioner's job would take up too much of her time. Now that she's a "single parent" her job is already taking up a lot of her time, so it would be out of character for her to accept a position that would result in her spending even more time at work. Plus, it's not like she's strapped for cash & needs a promotion.

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

lysie
DaysAddiction
The post that was in the wrong thread was the one about today's episode and who Will is covering for.
They were both in today's episode

jewlmc

DaysAddiction
I'm sorry, but what relationship? They've known each other for a millisecond and they are treating them like a Supercouple. Right from the Dannifer play book.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
May 28 2014, 10:47 PM
Kaha
lysie
Supergirlx2

Always.
And that Avi. Really, Lysie! I can't look at it and not think of my 4th grade grammar teacher.

lysie
Member Avatar

DaysAddiction
May 28 2014, 11:03 PM
lysie
DaysAddiction
They were both in today's episode
Right. But only one was a question. ;)

Kaha
Member Avatar

Honeybees
May 28 2014, 10:35 PM
Kaha
Finally, I think I can understand Will's motivation. He was affected by his dad trying to take the rap for him again and I think he feels that Sonny killed Nick for him (everyone trying to do things for him). And I understand why Will and Sonny are not talking about this. Will didn't want to talk to anyone until it was too late. It's stupid but I can understand it.
I'll give the writers credit. Will is not supposed to be acting rationally. He's acting out of guilt and fear and the combination of both his father and Sonny being suspected for a murder that if either one did - they did it on his behalf just proved too much for him. The writers have laid a lot of groundwork for Will's guilt and his impulsiveness (as well as Lucas having role modeled that sacrificing yourself is noble) so that the behavior is not out of the blue. And refusing to get a lawyer is just part of the very obvious impulse to throw himself down as the sacrificial lamb.

As much as I hate that Nicole shredded those documents, I think the writers have also tried to explain her motives there as well. Though, it's more jarring since she was seen working so hard to clear Eric. But self-destruction is in character for her.

I can think of many examples where plot driven actions did seem out of the blue and there's been no attempt to explain it.

And I hope that Hope mentions that it's surprisingly common for people to confess to crimes they didn't commit once Will is exonerated.
I agree with everything, except Nicole. IMO, what Nicole did is not self-destructive...it was selfish. No two ways about it. She didn't care about Eric's reputation and his peace of mind. All she cared about is her "happiness". But also it doesn't make sense. It was out of the blue.

It served her right that the document was not shreddable.

About Will, I think his dad was a major motivation for his confession. He figured out what his dad was up to and he didn't want to have any part in it. He feels guilty about everything that happened to the people he loves because they were trying to protect him. His mom couldn't defend herself properly, his dad went to jail for him and now Sonny killed for him. Poor guy was consumed with guild. The dumb little shit has my sympathy.

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 02:10 PM
Yikes! He looks awful there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply