Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 27 2014, 11:33 PM (10,246 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 10:59 PM
lysie
May 28 2014, 10:42 PM
Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 10:37 PM
Kaha
May 28 2014, 10:28 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Hope was actually offered the position quite a few years ago and decided to decline the offer. I think that, if Haiden were going steady, they could potentially revisit Hope as commissioner, but there's no way she'd accept the position while essentially being a single parent.
Supergirl....I have no clue if they'd even think to go there or not, but there's really no way Hope would do that? I realize she and Aiden aren't doing a dadgum thing, but there was also "no way" she was going to be interacting with a new man if Bo weren't dead.
Well, TomSell are gonna do what TomSell wanna do & we can't do anything about Corday's stupid promise to PR. So, unfortunately, we're probably gonna end up with Hope being in a relationship with Aiden while Bo's still on his "deep cover mission".
As for the "Hope as commissioner" comment, Hope's main reason for not taking the job the last time was because she enjoyed being a mom too much & she knew that the commissioner's job would take up too much of her time. Now that she's a "single parent" her job is already taking up a lot of her time, so it would be out of character for her to accept a position that would result in her spending even more time at work. Plus, it's not like she's strapped for cash & needs a promotion.
I just don't get why you think these relatively minor things are untouchable when it comes to Hope when it's been seen under pretty much every regime that the writers will write whatever whether it's in character or not. There's just no such thing as "so and so would never do that." Written in character, I don't think Marlena would ever be this dismissive of Brady, and yet that's what's airing.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 28 2014, 11:20 PM
Honeybees
May 28 2014, 10:35 PM
Kaha
May 28 2014, 10:14 PM
Finally, I think I can understand Will's motivation. He was affected by his dad trying to take the rap for him again and I think he feels that Sonny killed Nick for him (everyone trying to do things for him). And I understand why Will and Sonny are not talking about this. Will didn't want to talk to anyone until it was too late. It's stupid but I can understand it.
I'll give the writers credit. Will is not supposed to be acting rationally. He's acting out of guilt and fear and the combination of both his father and Sonny being suspected for a murder that if either one did - they did it on his behalf just proved too much for him. The writers have laid a lot of groundwork for Will's guilt and his impulsiveness (as well as Lucas having role modeled that sacrificing yourself is noble) so that the behavior is not out of the blue. And refusing to get a lawyer is just part of the very obvious impulse to throw himself down as the sacrificial lamb.

As much as I hate that Nicole shredded those documents, I think the writers have also tried to explain her motives there as well. Though, it's more jarring since she was seen working so hard to clear Eric. But self-destruction is in character for her.

I can think of many examples where plot driven actions did seem out of the blue and there's been no attempt to explain it.

And I hope that Hope mentions that it's surprisingly common for people to confess to crimes they didn't commit once Will is exonerated.
I agree with everything, except Nicole. IMO, what Nicole did is not self-destructive...it was selfish. No two ways about it. She didn't care about Eric's reputation and his peace of mind. All she cared about is her "happiness". But also it doesn't make sense. It was out of the blue.

It served her right that the document was not shreddable.

About Will, I think his dad was a major motivation for his confession. He figured out what his dad was up to and he didn't want to have any part in it. He feels guilty about everything that happened to the people he loves because they were trying to protect him. His mom couldn't defend herself properly, his dad went to jail for him and now Sonny killed for him. Poor guy was consumed with guild. The dumb little shit has my sympathy.
The little dumb shit has my sympathy ahahaha
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 01:19 PM
Rosebud
May 28 2014, 01:00 PM
It's really odd how GW delivers his lines. Saying THEY WILL instead of THEY'LL.
Kristian does it sometimes with "do not" instead of "don't".
I've definitely noticed this....she never used to do it until Hope was turned into Gina in '99 and it became one of her Gina-isms.....ever since then, it will pop out here and there and she sounds like Gina when she does it

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

specialcases
May 28 2014, 11:37 PM
Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 01:19 PM
Rosebud
May 28 2014, 01:00 PM
It's really odd how GW delivers his lines. Saying THEY WILL instead of THEY'LL.
Kristian does it sometimes with "do not" instead of "don't".
I've definitely noticed this....she never used to do it until Hope was turned into Gina in '99 and it became one of her Gina-isms.....ever since then, it will pop out here and there and she sounds like Gina when she does it
OMG! I thought about editing my original post to add that comment about how it sounds Gina-esque. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed. I feel like she breaks the contraction more when she's upset/angry.

specialcases
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
May 28 2014, 04:52 PM
Matt
May 28 2014, 12:56 PM
gawd. this Will/Sonny scene is just BAD
What did you find so bad about it?
I know you weren't asking me, but here's my answer anyway: Guy Wilson. :lol:

nananana7

delete.
Edited by nananana7, May 28 2014, 11:52 PM.

specialcases
Member Avatar

Luce
May 28 2014, 08:02 PM
I like Freddie/Sonny more than the pairing, but I still consider myself somewhat of a Will and Sonny fan. But even I couldn't get into that last scene because of how stupid what Will's doing is.

Is Brant Daugherty on any shows right now? I'm ready for Brian to come back now and shake Sonny up again.

Edit: I just gave myself an idea. They should have let Chandler stay on until this point, shipped Will off to prison, let Sonny have an affair while Will was away, and then brought Will back with a new face once they figured out it wasn't really him who shot Nick. That would've given us some time to let Chandler's version of Will fade a little.

I'm probably utterly alone in those wishes, but there it is.
I LOVE that idea.....would have also given them time to find someone better than that awful GW.

I would kill to have Brant back! talk about HOT!

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Luce
I like Freddie/Sonny more than the pairing, but I still consider myself somewhat of a Will and Sonny fan. But even I couldn't get into that last scene because of how stupid what Will's doing is.

Is Brant Daugherty on any shows right now? I'm ready for Brian to come back now and shake Sonny up again.

Edit: I just gave myself an idea. They should have let Chandler stay on until this point, shipped Will off to prison, let Sonny have an affair while Will was away, and then brought Will back with a new face once they figured out it wasn't really him who shot Nick. That would've given us some time to let Chandler's version of Will fade a little.

Why does cheating have to be an option? There are other ways to create angst in a relationship without resorting to cheating.

specialcases
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
May 28 2014, 11:22 PM
Supergirlx2
May 28 2014, 02:10 PM
Yikes! He looks awful there.
there??? :blulaugh:

Will&Sonny

So, I just watched this episode (I was catching up on some much-needed sleep when it originally aired), and as I expected, that spoiler about Marlena's "jealousy", and all of the uproar about it here, was really much ado about nothing. It didn't even play out as jealousy to anyone other than Roman.

It's interesting that the writers are now saying that J.J. isn't a virgin when it was heavily implied that he was during his almost-hookup with Theresa on the night of her overdose. And he just reminded Theresa recently that they never actually slept together, so we know they're not retconning that.

I'm looking forward to Sonny figuring out that Will only confessed to protect him.

sillibella
Member Avatar

kay
May 28 2014, 11:53 PM
Luce

Why does cheating have to be an option? There are other ways to create angst in a relationship without resorting to cheating.
While I agree that cheating isn't the way to go with WilSon, it wouldn't fit either of their characters anyway, I also agree with others that the guys need something dramatic added to their story and I'm not talking about Will making an utterly ridiculous confession because that isn't causing angst like I had hoped it would. It's just highlighting poor dialogue (from multiple characters) and massive holes in the plot lines.

Personally I don't see the writers breaking Will and Sonny up any time soon. They're all about true love and every time the writers bring on a new gay character they turn out to either be just friends or they are there to prop WilSon that much more. Again, this is coming from a big Will and Sonny fan but I'm not blind to reality either. Some people call WilSon Days' "token couple" and in some ways they probably are but I think that they are being careful with this couple for quite a few reasons and, tbh, as many people here want WilSon to break up to add drama, there are that many more elsewhere who want them to stay together.

What I would like to see is some drama and angst provided to the couple because of other reasons and this time it should be on Sonny's side. Ever since Sonny came to town, pretty much every dramatic story they've ever dealt with was because of Will. Now I want to see Sonny highlighted and with the last name he has, this really shouldn't be that difficult for the writers. Hell, with the fact that he owns his own club and Chad on his way back it shouldn't be hard to stir up trouble for him somehow. With Gabi and Nick both gone, Will and Sonny are going to be the happy married couple and doting Dads. Cute? Yes but something should be boiling over somewhere. Unfortunately, with the summer preview stating that it's Will, yet again, who will be bringing drama to their story, I'm quickly losing hope that Sonny will ever get any story of his own. They'll probably get their HEA within the next couple years without Sonny getting the much deserved and necessary spotlight. ^o)
Edited by sillibella, May 29 2014, 12:20 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

I really love Sonny's relationship with Victor. I wish the show will do something with that. Victor should replace Brady with Sonny since Brady is one step away from passing out in a park bench.

I also love Frantic Sonny.

ETA - NuBen is not doing it for me. He's too...I don't know. He's just not real. He should thank his lucky stars though. Poor Justin G. was stuck with the pretending to be mysterious in the begining which made it seem like he was an spurned ex-lover of Jordan.
Edited by Kaha, May 29 2014, 12:24 AM.

Will&Sonny

PALMommy
May 28 2014, 01:48 PM
camera shy
May 28 2014, 12:23 PM
How in the world is Will going to take back this confession when he finds out that Sonny didn't kill Nick?
I don't think he'll have to because there were be campus footage negating his confession.
Whether that turns out to be the case or not, he still won't have to because the real murderer is about to confess on Friday.

Luce

kay
May 28 2014, 11:53 PM
Luce

I'm not really sure where I said it "had" to be an option. I just mentioned something that popped in my head since I'm not really very happy with where the story is right now.

Plus, they've been spending a whole heck of a lot of time with "angst" in their relationship caused by other people - Nick, Gabi, Adrienne, Lucas... etc. I think it'd be interesting if their relationship drama was actually about/caused by them.

I know cheating upsets some people, and that's fine. I happen to think when soaps do it "just because", it often comes off contrived and stupid. So in general, I think it's lazy writing. But in certain circumstances, like the one I mentioned, it would make sense. Sonny might feel like Will unnecessarily went away from he and Ari by confessing, it might cause some relationship drama, Will is gone for a long time in jail and.. voila. Sonny breaks and takes comfort in someone else for a bit. And it would've given the audience a break before trying to bring on a new face for a pretty important character.

PLUS. I'm a sucker for the falling-in-love bit, and it would be nice when they brought on a new actor for Will, if they had told a love story all over again by getting them back together after Sonny's infidelity and Will's prison time. JMO.

Luce

specialcases
May 28 2014, 11:52 PM
Luce

I LOVE that idea.....would have also given them time to find someone better than that awful GW.

Well, I didn't have anyone else in mind for Will in my scenario because I don't think Guy is awful, but yes. Brant is hot and I would love to have him on Days again.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

kay
May 28 2014, 06:40 PM
Sweet and Salty
May 28 2014, 12:49 PM
NuBen is TOO perfect looking.

I kinda wish we had old Ben back!

Neither were/are acting masters!
No thanks. Would rather have RW
Can you imagine anyone asking old Ben to stand in for a male model??? No way.

sillibella
Member Avatar

Luce
May 29 2014, 01:00 AM
specialcases
May 28 2014, 11:52 PM
Luce

Well, I didn't have anyone else in mind for Will in my scenario because I don't think Guy is awful, but yes. Brant is hot and I would love to have him on Days again.
Sonny and Brian...now that was serious chemistry. :popcorn:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Kaha
Finally, I think I can understand Will's motivation. He was affected by his dad trying to take the rap for him again and I think he feels that Sonny killed Nick for him (everyone trying to do things for him). And I understand why Will and Sonny are not talking about this. Will didn't want to talk to anyone until it was too late. It's stupid but I can understand it.
I'll give the writers credit. Will is not supposed to be acting rationally. He's acting out of guilt and fear and the combination of both his father and Sonny being suspected for a murder that if either one did - they did it on his behalf just proved too much for him. The writers have laid a lot of groundwork for Will's guilt and his impulsiveness (as well as Lucas having role modeled that sacrificing yourself is noble) so that the behavior is not out of the blue. And refusing to get a lawyer is just part of the very obvious impulse to throw himself down as the sacrificial lamb.

As much as I hate that Nicole shredded those documents, I think the writers have also tried to explain her motives there as well. Though, it's more jarring since she was seen working so hard to clear Eric. But self-destruction is in character for her.

I can think of many examples where plot driven actions did seem out of the blue and there's been no attempt to explain it.

And I hope that Hope mentions that it's surprisingly common for people to confess to crimes they didn't commit once Will is exonerated.
It makes no sense to me that Will would hit Nick and threaten to kill him because of Nick's role in the drafting of a custody agreement that would allow him to see Arianna every other week end and trying to manipulate Gabi into cutting him out of her life would voluntarily chose to go to prison for years during which he would not likely see her more than once or twice a month in a prison visit setting.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

mer4santo
May 28 2014, 10:48 PM
Kaha
Abe reading the Miranda Warning from the world's smallest cue card. How long has he been a cop?

This was my favorite part! Really Abe?
I don't know about the size of the card but most police officers read directly from the card to prevent defendants later claiming that their rights were not "read" to them.
Its easier for the police officer testifying in court to present the card and state they read the rights directly from the card rather than testify that the informed the defendant of their rights based on their recollection of what was on the card.Its more difficult for a defense lawyer to create an issue when they can only question your ability to read from the card instead of your abililty than recall all of the rights listed on the card from memory.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 29 2014, 01:36 AM
Honeybees
Kaha

It makes no sense to me that Will would hit Nick and threaten to kill him because of Nick's role in the drafting of a custody agreement that would allow him to see Arianna every other week end and trying to manipulate Gabi into cutting him out of her life would voluntarily chose to go to prison for years during which he would not likely see her more than once or twice a month in a prison visit setting.
I don't think it so much about not seeing Arianna, it was about a homophobic, misogynist, controlling personality disordered blackmailer raising Arianna.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply