Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of June 9th; *updated 6/1 *
Topic Started: May 28 2014, 04:13 PM (27,952 Views)
Kaha
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 8 2014, 11:08 AM
camera shy
Jun 8 2014, 08:34 AM
DaysAddiction
Jun 8 2014, 01:53 AM
lysie
Jun 7 2014, 10:47 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I didn't mean for now. I meant what sillibella wrote like if she were to ever come back in a few years of if someone replaced her in a few years.
Gabi's served her purpose.......to make Wilson the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl.
I'm sure my SMH-ing at that very true fact will offend some people, but I don't care. IMO, making Gabi the one that killed Nick was more about creating a non-contrived situation where WilSon would end up with Ari than about creating a good exit story for Gabi/Camila.
Personally, I don't care if this particular thing is contrived, as long as I have that adorable baby girl on my screen with her daddies. I had to live with countless contrived relationships and plots that didn't even bring me enjoyment so I can live with this one. Simply put, baby Ari belongs with her daddies.
Edited by Kaha, Jun 8 2014, 02:07 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sillibella
Member Avatar

Kaha
Jun 8 2014, 12:40 PM
iheartwilson
Jun 8 2014, 12:32 PM
http://youtu.be/j5RTt9TBmrQ?t=8m30s

February 6, 2013 (The scene starts at 8:30.)

In the episode when Will gives Sonny his apartment key back, Sonny is telling Will that he still doesnít trust Gabi. Will acknowledges that there is something about Gabi that Sonny canít tell him.

SPOILER: Will realizes Sonny has kept a secret from him.

I hope the writers didnít forget this. I donít want them rewriting history and have Will be completely surprised that Sonny was keeping a secret about Gabi.
They've changed everything else to make a contrived angst or to fit with their current plot so why not this one.
I agree. I can easily see them rewriting part of the story to Will never knowing that Sonny was keeping a Gabi secret all this time. They'll probably also conveniently forget that both Justin and Chad told/begged Sonny to keep the secret from Will as well. Anything to create the least bit of non-lasting angst. Tbh, part of me is surprised they even remembered that Sonny knew the Melanie/Gabi secret in the first place. The only times it was brought up was when Gabi was threatening Sonny with it.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

sillibella
Jun 8 2014, 05:28 PM
Kaha
iheartwilson

In the episode when Will gives Sonny his apartment key back, Sonny is telling Will that he still doesnít trust Gabi. Will acknowledges that there is something about Gabi that Sonny canít tell him.

I hope the writers didnít forget this. I donít want them rewriting history and have Will be completely surprised that Sonny was keeping a secret about Gabi.
They've changed everything else to make a contrived angst or to fit with their current plot so why not this one.
I agree. I can easily see them rewriting part of the story to Will never knowing that Sonny was keeping a Gabi secret all this time. They'll probably also conveniently forget that both Justin and Chad told/begged Sonny to keep the secret from Will as well. Anything to create the least bit of non-lasting angst. Tbh, part of me is surprised they even remembered that Sonny knew the Melanie/Gabi secret in the first place. The only times it was brought up was when Gabi was threatening Sonny with it.
accept for spoilers don't read that why they read as Gabi's confession making Will wonder what Secret that Sonny's been keeping. Typically I wouldn't put it past day's writers to do a minor re-write in a situation like this but Sonny never told Will enough for it to be needed. All Will ever knew is a secret existed period. And spoilers read as through the fact that Gabi confessed leaves Will wondering looking to learn the secret for Sonny. Spoilers tend to overstate things the way that reads could simple be Will finally asking for what the Gabi secret is, it could be that Will assumes Gabi confessed to it there by Chad not landing in trouble if Sonny reveals it.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Jun 8 2014, 06:10 PM.

cryin4days

sillibella
Kaha
iheartwilson

I seem to remember Sonny threatening Gabi with the secret a few times also. Gabi mentioning Stefano not being happy with him exposing Chad and Sonny replying once again that his last name was Kiriakis.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

cryin4days
Jun 8 2014, 08:25 PM
sillibella
Kaha
iheartwilson

I seem to remember Sonny threatening Gabi with the secret a few times also. Gabi mentioning Stefano not being happy with him exposing Chad and Sonny replying once again that his last name was Kiriakis.
He did but it was either because Gabi threatened him and or Will at some point recently about Nick.. or that she picked a fight with Sonny for some other reason.

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

sillibella
Kaha
iheartwilson

I disagree with the last part. It's been implied a few times since then. When the guys were asking Gabi to move in with them last June. Gabi was surprised it was Sonny's idea after everything that had happened between them. And again last November when Will returned from his writing conference. Will was surprised that Sonny and Gabi were getting along.

I agree that Days wouldn't think twice about rewriting history to serve the current plot, but I don't think that the writers have forgotten that there is angst between Sonny and Gabi because of the secret Gabi has been keeping about Melanie's kidnapping.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 4 2014, 08:22 PM
Foxtel Online Guide Summaries:

Monday:
Nicole lashes out at Daniel and Jennifer for destroying her relationship with Eric. Abigail is stunned when she learns about a long-buried secret and Bev tries to set Paige up for a fall.

(Tuesday-Friday are not yet available.)

Tuesday 10 June 2014
Daniel and Jennifer disagree over the situation with Nicole and Eric.
Eric asks Nicole to remove her engagement ring;
and Marlena lays into Sami and Kate over what they did to Nick.
Julie confronts Nick's killer.

Wednesday 11 June 2014
Jennifer makes an admission which deeply wounds Daniel.
EJ discovers upsetting news about Kate and Stefano.
Meanwhile Sami and Marlena learn Eric has called off his engagement to Nicole.
Rafe pushes Jordan away.

Thursday 12 June 2014
Gabi shares a tearful farewell with Rafe, Will and Sonny before leaving to start a new life.
Jordan fears Kate has ratted her out to Sami.

Friday 13 June 2014
EJ and Sami warn Kate she better not try to convince Stefano to derail their wedding.
Will realizes Sonny has been keeping a secret from him;
and Daniel and Rafe's friendship takes a hit over a revelation from the past.

These air Monday through Friday June 9-13 in USA/Canada.
These air Tuesday through Monday June 10-16 in Australia.
http://www.foxtel.com.au/whats-on/tv-guide/default.htm
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ifyouleavemenow

Oh my god! Really Jennifer??!?! You really think Daniel wouldn't have told Eric the truth?? I have been giving her the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but my god, these writers have really dumbed Jennifer down big time!

lysie
Member Avatar

Ifyouleavemenow
Jun 11 2014, 12:51 PM
Oh my god! Really Jennifer??!?! You really think Daniel wouldn't have told Eric the truth?? I have been giving her the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but my god, these writers have really dumbed Jennifer down big time!
I don't think he would have. :shrug:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

iheartwilson
Jun 9 2014, 12:29 AM
sillibella
Kaha
iheartwilson

I disagree with the last part. It's been implied a few times since then. When the guys were asking Gabi to move in with them last June. Gabi was surprised it was Sonny's idea after everything that had happened between them. And again last November when Will returned from his writing conference. Will was surprised that Sonny and Gabi were getting along.

I agree that Days wouldn't think twice about rewriting history to serve the current plot, but I don't think that the writers have forgotten that there is angst between Sonny and Gabi because of the secret Gabi has been keeping about Melanie's kidnapping.
Sonny also had a nightmare in January about Nick interrupting a potential marriage proposal attempt to reveal to Will that Sonny had been lying to him about something for over a year. It was one of the only times we got to see even a hint of a possibility that Sonny had been harboring feelings of guilt for keeping the secret from Will.

Also, when Sami and E.J. were pressuring Will to get a paternity test done during Gabi's pregnancy, they implied that Will didn't know Gabi as well as he thought he did, and he proceeded to complain about the fact that multiple people knew a secret about Gabi that they were refusing to tell him.

But it hasn't been alluded to much, if at all, since Guy Wilson took over the role. Which could be cause for concern, but hopefully not.

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

I'm glad Will forgives Sonny for not telling him about what Gabi did to Melanie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply