Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman interview with Eric Martsolf
Topic Started: May 29 2014, 01:30 AM (880 Views)
thepadange

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-eric-martsolf-on-his-first-daytime-emmy-nomination-playing-bradys-addiction-eileen-davidson-daytime-emmy-spotlight-interview/2014/05/28/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 29 2014, 01:30 AM
Eric seems like such a nice man. Very normal and un-Hollywood. I think he did a good job in the scene he submitted for the Emmys so I'm rooting for him. I'm over the addiction storyline though. I've never usually found those types of stories interesting for a long period of time.

blueskies
Member Avatar

great interview! Really hope he wins, I think he has an excellent shot.

Now to his answers, I admit this one struck me as a bit odd given the question asked,

What did Eileen Davidson say to you when you finally saw each other face-to-face after you both landed nominations?

ERIC: We worked together the other day and the director was very funny and he said, “Quiet on the set. We have two Emmy nominees on set here!” (Laughs) Eileen is a lovely woman. She ripped out probably the best I have to offer in this soap genre, and you probably are as good as your co-star. She may not have been in my reel, but she was a big part of it. Eileen is very gracious. I understand why the soaps are throwing their hooks out at her. If I was a producer, I would want her too.
Edited by blueskies, May 29 2014, 08:59 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

justforfun

I remember watching that show and thinking that those scenes were his best work. He was really, really good and it was truly mesmerizing to watch. Great job EM!! I don't watch any other soap so I don't know the other actors, but hope that EM wins.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I love this guy!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Thanks paddy :D Great interview!!! Loved all his comments about working with ED, I *really* cannot wait for all the Bristen stuff coming up!!! :P

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 29 2014, 08:58 AM

Now to his answers, I admit this one struck me as a bit odd given the question asked,

What did Eileen Davidson say to you when you finally saw each other face-to-face after you both landed nominations?

ERIC: We worked together the other day and the director was very funny and he said, “Quiet on the set. We have two Emmy nominees on set here!” (Laughs) Eileen is a lovely woman. She ripped out probably the best I have to offer in this soap genre, and you probably are as good as your co-star. She may not have been in my reel, but she was a big part of it. Eileen is very gracious. I understand why the soaps are throwing their hooks out at her. If I was a producer, I would want her too.
How do you mean? I thought that was a very nice thing to say, and probably also very true.

thepadange

Yoryla
May 29 2014, 12:17 PM
blueskies

How do you mean? I thought that was a very nice thing to say, and probably also very true.
I, actually, had the same question. Was it something particular that seemed to be odd in his answer or was it odd because the answer was slightly ;) OT in general (given the question asked)?
Edited by thepadange, May 29 2014, 12:50 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 29 2014, 12:50 PM
Yoryla
blueskies

I, actually, had the same question. Was it something particular that seemed to be odd in his answer or was it odd because the answer was slightly ;) OT in general (given the question asked)?
Just that it was rather OT. I mean, the question as asked was pretty straightforward and he went off on this tangent, lol.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 29 2014, 12:59 PM
thepadange
Yoryla
blueskies

Just that it was rather OT. I mean, the question as asked was pretty straightforward and he went off on this tangent, lol.
Ah, okay. You're wondering why he didn't answer the question he was asked, really. Have no idea, maybe it was something of a more personal nature and he didn't want to get into it.

thepadange

Yoryla
May 29 2014, 01:54 PM
blueskies
May 29 2014, 12:59 PM
thepadange
Yoryla

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepWhat did Eileen Davidson say to you when you finally saw each other face-to-face after you both landed nominations?

Ah, okay. You're wondering why he didn't answer the question he was asked, really. Have no idea, maybe it was something of a more personal nature and he didn't want to get into it.
Yeah. Maybe he thought it was too egotistic to say compliments about himself (if that's what she's said to him and, I think, it had to be compliments. I mean, what else could it have been?).
It is also possible that he didn't hear the question correctly because they usually don't do those interviews face-to-face.

Ellie

^^Sounds to me like he didn't want to answer the question so was just speaking on the topic in general. Either she said something personal to him that he didn't feel comfortable sharing with the public, or she didn't say anything and he didn't want to reveal that fact.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 29 2014, 03:13 PM
^^Sounds to me like he didn't want to answer the question so was just speaking on the topic in general. Either she said something personal to him that he didn't feel comfortable sharing with the public, or she didn't say anything and he didn't want to reveal that fact.
Leaning towards the former but I admit my mind went to the second, but I find that hard to believe (though I don't know any of them so obviously I could be mistaken).

thepadange

blueskies
May 29 2014, 07:31 PM
Ellie
May 29 2014, 03:13 PM
Leaning towards the former but I admit my mind went to the second, but I find that hard to believe (though I don't know any of them so obviously I could be mistaken).
Well, even if the second version is the case, there's nothing wrong with that :) . In one of the former interviews EM said:
Quote:

We actually [just] worked together. We had some very, very rough scenes. When Brady and Kristen get together, it’s usually pretty, pretty rough, but we kinda couldn’t stop smiling at each other. It’s really nice when your fellow co-star from the whole year is also nominated. It completely feels like a team effort.
(The day he was speaking about was May 1st (most likely) or May 2nd).
Edited by thepadange, May 30 2014, 04:20 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply