Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney Interview (TV Guide)
Topic Started: May 29 2014, 10:51 AM (7,774 Views)
Restless84
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Alison-Sweeney-Book-1082328.aspx

Looks like Sami doesn't know about the affair, which what I have thought.

Interesting that she says there is one theory circulating on social media that is close to being accurate.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

That was a very nice interview and I enjoyed the way the interviewer worded the questions. Alison will do just fine and it's interesting she basically already has plans to pop back into Salem for special occasions so that can sorta hint how Sami WON'T leave the show. I'm fascinated most by her saying one social media speculation about how she leaves is very close to how it actually happens. Hmmmm

Alison leaving is bittersweet. I've said for years it would be interesting to see this show without her and its getting closer and closer. Overall I can say ill miss her basically because I've seen her entire 20+ year storylines! My curiosity is thru the roof on what her exit will be like.
Edited by james0479, May 29 2014, 11:08 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

I really like her, there I said it.

Judge away.
Edited by mer4santo, May 29 2014, 11:11 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

This interview totally supports several of my arguments about Sami lately, lol.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I actually think that the theory circulating started last week that she JUST found out about the affair and is in quiet revenge mode. Notice how AS said that Sami couldn't have known ALL ALONG....but she says nothing about her just finding out....I do think she knows and she just found out after Nick arranged to have pics sent to her directly if something happened to him. Nick likely knew that Ej was capable of killing him in order to keep the affair a secret, so I wouldn't put it past Nick to make sure that in the end, Sami still found out.

I do wonder about the reveal being very different that the one that played out in the fake out.....that is why I think she just found out and we won't get the crying, hysterical Sami post reveals that we've gotten forever....we will get a calm, calculating and manipulative Sami...that explains why the show felt they needed to show Ejami's reaction to the reveal in that fake out....problem is that the excuse the show gave for the reveal was to see Ej's POV and it's the ONLY thing I really haven't seen...since it hasn't been pivotal or anything....it hasn't made him confess or something similar which would prove the pivotal role looking into Ej's POV would have given us....

I'm glad though that she admitted that some of the specs about her knowing and already having forgiven him were also not true.....because I just can't imagine Sami doing that at all.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, May 29 2014, 11:15 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
May 29 2014, 11:11 AM
you mean when he asked how Sami's always been in the heroine column? Yeah that was a bit wtfery.

Good interview though and I am glad they're leaving the door open though I was really hoping for something big and explosive as her exit and it still doesn't strike me that that's going to happen.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 11:13 AM
I actually think that the theory circulating started last week that she JUST found out about the affair and is in quiet revenge mode. Notice how AS said that Sami couldn't have known ALL ALONG....but she says nothing about her just finding out....I do think she knows and she just found out after Nick arranged to have pics sent to her directly if something happened to him. Nick likely knew that Ej was capable of killing him in order to keep the affair a secret, so I wouldn't put it past Nick to make sure that in the end, Sami still found out.

I do wonder about the reveal being very different that the one that played out in the fake out.....that is why I think she just found out and we won't get the crying, hysterical Sami post reveals that we've gotten forever....we will get a calm, calculating and manipulative Sami...that explains why the show felt they needed to show Ejami's reaction to the reveal in that fake out....problem is that the excuse the show gave for the reveal was to see Ej's POV and it's the ONLY thing I really haven't seen...since it hasn't been pivotal or anything....it hasn't made him confess or something similar which would prove the pivotal role looking into Ej's POV would have given us....

I'm glad though that she admitted that some of the specs about her knowing and already having forgiven him were also not true.....because I just can't imagine Sami doing that at all.....
She also says there's not a revenge plot.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
May 29 2014, 11:19 AM
LuvingLumi

so WTF is the Kate/Sami pic about if not that?

I'm telling you don't trust ANYTHING coming from this show.....seriously.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

blueskies
May 29 2014, 11:15 AM
lysie
you mean when he asked how Sami's always been in the heroine column? Yeah that was a bit wtfery.

Good interview though and I am glad they're leaving the door open though I was really hoping for something big and explosive as her exit and it still doesn't strike me that that's going to happen.
I just think she will go run Countess W from another town or something.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yep. I did like this interview and most of her answers. I don't have much to snark about here.

I just hate that Sami is really this stupid. She basically says there isn't a plot. That means that Sami is a total idiot. I do think when the secret comes out that Sami will get her revenge, but still stick with EJ.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Sami coming and going for weddings and deaths basically confirms a lame exit as far as I'm concerned. I can see her just waltzing out of Salem because there are too many tough memories there and she needs to get away. Probably something about a job overseas. Returning for the 50th, I'm totally behind that and think she should be there for it.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 11:23 AM
lysie
LuvingLumi

I don't and didn't say I did. But she did say both things.

nananana7

lysie

I thought of you as soon as I read it!

Will&Sonny

If Sami knows, she just found out, IMO -- in fact, I can pinpoint exactly when I think she found out. She got a phone call late in the Wednesday, May 21st episode, and she said something like, "I'll be by to pick those up myself." The next time we saw her was at Arianna's birthday party, where Will mentioned that she had received a text message earlier that she hadn't been happy about (one that we never saw her receive), and she had that off-screen conversation with Kate. There's definitely something more to that than we've been given thus far, IMO. But I don't buy the theory that she has always known. The Friday, May 23rd episode was the first one where I could see it being reasonable to suggest that she knew E.J. and Abby's secret.

In any case, if she does know now, I don't think that Nick sent her the photographs (mainly because I don't want Nick to get the last laugh, since I can't stand him, but beyond my own personal bias, it also doesn't make sense that Nick would only have a contingency plan in place for leaking that piece of incriminating evidence without also leaking all of the other incriminating evidence he had amassed). Instead, I think that she received a phone call from E.J.'s cleaner, who stupidly agreed to hand her the evidence he had collected from Nick's apartment instead of giving it directly to E.J. Sami thought she was picking up the photographs of the river incident, and she got more than she had bargained for.

fundays13
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi

I can't stand ej more than i can't stand Sami, so i am all for her using the knowledge of the affair against him,and against abby since she is asking abby to be her maid of honor to make her sweat it.
Edited by fundays13, May 29 2014, 11:42 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I liked the article for the most part.

My only side eye was the talk of Sami being a heroine.

As for how she leaves, I'm glad she said that Sami hasn't known all along or that she's already forgiven him. That would've been total WTF if either of those plots had been the case.

I'm still leaning towards EJ faking his death.

I do think she could've found out something the other day because there were several scenes that Didnt make sense, so we shall see.

IIttu
Member Avatar

Her exit story was written by Tomlin? That piece of information just killed all my excitement.

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 11:23 AM
lysie
LuvingLumi

The Kami pic can be a wedding gift to Sami and Kate if they both get married, or a symbol for CW and Mad World joining forces, or from a dreamsequense where they imagine getting revenge, but AS said there is no revenge plot so that have to mean there isnīt a revenge plot and while that might have been interesting I glad it isnīt happening since I was a little disapointed in myself for spoiling the whole summerplot plus it probably means that Ejami are not over yet.

lysie
Member Avatar

IIttu
May 29 2014, 11:49 AM
Her exit story was written by Tomlin? That piece of information just killed all my excitement.
Who else would have written it?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

No ghost writer for her, lol. I believe her, it sort of defeats the whole purpose of writing your own book, the control.

I wonder what other rumor is circulating the internet about Sami knowing. Ali denying the 'her knowing' theory--why is it I feel like she's not being truthful. lol I feel like she should just run with it because then than means her acting is not conveying what it's suppose to.

Sami is so not in the heroine category but I do think she will have a hero's exit.

Sami shooting EJ in the head is NOT her worst crime, that one doesn't even make a blip on the radar. Raping Austin should be way ahead of shooting EJ.

I don't understand the big deal about an Emmy but I'm glad she's making peace about it.
Edited by Halloween Family, May 29 2014, 12:12 PM.

IIttu
Member Avatar

lysie
May 29 2014, 11:56 AM
IIttu
May 29 2014, 11:49 AM
Who else would have written it?
I've been under an impression (I guess I read it somewhere a long time ago? Cannot remember anymore) that Whiteshell writes for certain characters and is (mainly) in charge of those storylines whereas Tomlin writes for his half of the characters and is (mainly) in charge of their plots.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply