Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney Interview (TV Guide)
Topic Started: May 29 2014, 10:51 AM (8,332 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
May 29 2014, 11:40 AM
I liked the article for the most part.

My only side eye was the talk of Sami being a heroine.

As for how she leaves, I'm glad she said that Sami hasn't known all along or that she's already forgiven him. That would've been total WTF if either of those plots had been the case.

I'm still leaning towards EJ faking his death.

I do think she could've found out something the other day because there were several scenes that Didnt make sense, so we shall see.
There more chance Stefano will fake ej death than ej there no way ej will able to pull it off himself and it will very bad writing if it written that way
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Common Alison Sami shooting ej in head is not Sami worse crime.I feel the interviewer left lot important questions

lysie
Member Avatar

IIttu
May 29 2014, 12:12 PM
lysie
May 29 2014, 11:56 AM
IIttu
May 29 2014, 11:49 AM
Her exit story was written by Tomlin? That piece of information just killed all my excitement.
Who else would have written it?
I've been under an impression (I guess I read it somewhere a long time ago? Cannot remember anymore) that Whiteshell writes for certain characters and is (mainly) in charge of those storylines whereas Tomlin writes for his half of the characters and is (mainly) in charge of their plots.
Deidre said that they do that, but she didn't say who wrote for who. If it's been said somewhere else, I don't remember that, though.

HalloweenFamily, I swear that in the last 5 years or so it seems like all of the actors in daytime got amnesia and suddenly decided Emmys were the most important thing ever. I always figured Ali didn't care too much about them (I no longer remember where I got that) until she wasn't nominated for 2009 and was clearly upset. That's when I started noticing that Days actors especially were suddenly thinking they were important...after years of them all pretty much dismissing the whole thing. I'm not sure what changed that got them all on board.

Dany_E

lysie
May 29 2014, 11:19 AM
LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 11:13 AM
I actually think that the theory circulating started last week that she JUST found out about the affair and is in quiet revenge mode. Notice how AS said that Sami couldn't have known ALL ALONG....but she says nothing about her just finding out....I do think she knows and she just found out after Nick arranged to have pics sent to her directly if something happened to him. Nick likely knew that Ej was capable of killing him in order to keep the affair a secret, so I wouldn't put it past Nick to make sure that in the end, Sami still found out.

I do wonder about the reveal being very different that the one that played out in the fake out.....that is why I think she just found out and we won't get the crying, hysterical Sami post reveals that we've gotten forever....we will get a calm, calculating and manipulative Sami...that explains why the show felt they needed to show Ejami's reaction to the reveal in that fake out....problem is that the excuse the show gave for the reveal was to see Ej's POV and it's the ONLY thing I really haven't seen...since it hasn't been pivotal or anything....it hasn't made him confess or something similar which would prove the pivotal role looking into Ej's POV would have given us....

I'm glad though that she admitted that some of the specs about her knowing and already having forgiven him were also not true.....because I just can't imagine Sami doing that at all.....
She also says there's not a revenge plot.
I kind of read it that she meant that, as of the date of this interview, Sami hasn't known for a long time and been plotting revenge. It didn't sound like it was a blanket "there will be no revenge when she finds out". I still think, when she does find out, she will plot revenge. Not sure I buy that this character would be able to not explode all over the place when she finds out but I think that's what they'll go for - Sami with quiet, steely plotting followed by an embarrassing and public reveal for EJ. (Then, hopefully a murder-suicide and, if she comes back it will be as a ghost.)

thepadange

IIttu
lysie
IIttu
Her exit story was written by Tomlin? That piece of information just killed all my excitement.
I've been under an impression (I guess I read it somewhere a long time ago? Cannot remember anymore) that Whiteshell writes for certain characters and is (mainly) in charge of those storylines whereas Tomlin writes for his half of the characters and is (mainly) in charge of their plots.
There was a discussion about this more than a year ago.
It began with this:
Quote:

Lysie:
I just left the q&a Deidre did in Nashville. Not much to report but she did day that things would get worse for John and Marlena before they get better. The most interesting thing that she said, though, is that Tomlin and Whitesell split up who writes for who. The only example she gave was that Tomlin writes for John and Marlena and Whitesell writes for Brady and Kristen.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8804147/16/ (starting post #316)

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Nice interview. Hmmm..... so, I wonder what it could be.

I think it has to be either the theory of Kate finding out about it and telling it to Sami first, and then they plot to take down the men, but even that would require some sort of restrain from Sami to not spill it. Or I wonder if it could be the one, that she finds out right before her wedding, and forces EJ to marry her and for Abigail to not say anything and act all happy so that it wouldn't ruin her perfect day. But then again, that would also have to require some self control..... hmmmmmm. This is a pickle, isn't it?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lysie
May 29 2014, 12:24 PM

HalloweenFamily, I swear that in the last 5 years or so it seems like all of the actors in daytime got amnesia and suddenly decided Emmys were the most important thing ever. I always figured Ali didn't care too much about them (I no longer remember where I got that) until she wasn't nominated for 2009 and was clearly upset. That's when I started noticing that Days actors especially were suddenly thinking they were important...after years of them all pretty much dismissing the whole thing. I'm not sure what changed that got them all on board.
Didn't Michael Muhaney and James Scott petition to change the Emmy process or some mess? Maybe JS got them riled up.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
May 29 2014, 12:24 PM
IIttu
lysie
IIttu
Deidre said that they do that, but she didn't say who wrote for who. If it's been said somewhere else, I don't remember that, though.

The lower number of soaps? I mean, it has to feel like that whenever there are lesser soaps, the odds are better in your favor. And so if it still doesn't happen, it has to be a pretty much of bummer.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Partnersincrime
May 29 2014, 12:18 PM
SoapGal1

As for how she leaves, I'm glad she said that Sami hasn't known all along or that she's already forgiven him. That would've been total WTF if either of those plots had been the case.

I do think she could've found out something the other day because there were several scenes that Didnt make sense, so we shall see.
There more chance Stefano will fake ej death than ej there no way ej will able to pull it off himself and it will very bad writing if it written that way
Yeah, I am not going to discount a fake death here...but I don't think Ej will be the one to do it...Stefano though is another story and aside from a 'dead' EJ twitching his finger I can't see them doing much of anything else, except showing Stefano whisking Ej's body away as the chaos ensues.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 12:37 PM
Partnersincrime
SoapGal1

Yeah, I am not going to discount a fake death here...but I don't think Ej will be the one to do it...Stefano though is another story and aside from a 'dead' EJ twitching his finger I can't see them doing much of anything else, except showing Stefano whisking Ej's body away as the chaos ensues.
Yes, this will be as "fake" as they will get. I don't picture EJ walking around laughing. Plus your scenario is a great way to keep viewers hooked in.

S loves EJ

Dany_E
May 29 2014, 12:28 PM
lysie
May 29 2014, 11:19 AM
LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 11:13 AM
I actually think that the theory circulating started last week that she JUST found out about the affair and is in quiet revenge mode. Notice how AS said that Sami couldn't have known ALL ALONG....but she says nothing about her just finding out....I do think she knows and she just found out after Nick arranged to have pics sent to her directly if something happened to him. Nick likely knew that Ej was capable of killing him in order to keep the affair a secret, so I wouldn't put it past Nick to make sure that in the end, Sami still found out.

I do wonder about the reveal being very different that the one that played out in the fake out.....that is why I think she just found out and we won't get the crying, hysterical Sami post reveals that we've gotten forever....we will get a calm, calculating and manipulative Sami...that explains why the show felt they needed to show Ejami's reaction to the reveal in that fake out....problem is that the excuse the show gave for the reveal was to see Ej's POV and it's the ONLY thing I really haven't seen...since it hasn't been pivotal or anything....it hasn't made him confess or something similar which would prove the pivotal role looking into Ej's POV would have given us....

I'm glad though that she admitted that some of the specs about her knowing and already having forgiven him were also not true.....because I just can't imagine Sami doing that at all.....
She also says there's not a revenge plot.
I kind of read it that she meant that, as of the date of this interview, Sami hasn't known for a long time and been plotting revenge. It didn't sound like it was a blanket "there will be no revenge when she finds out". I still think, when she does find out, she will plot revenge. Not sure I buy that this character would be able to not explode all over the place when she finds out but I think that's what they'll go for - Sami with quiet, steely plotting followed by an embarrassing and public reveal for EJ. (Then, hopefully a murder-suicide and, if she comes back it will be as a ghost.)

I think she should have just said Sami hasnīt known all along not there is no revenge plot that is not happening if that was the case. Still there is something going on with Kami maybe Kate is planning revenge on Stefano for kicking her out and involves Sami in her plan, or maybe Sami planning to take over DE so Ejami could be free of Stefano as a wedding gift.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Halloween Family
May 29 2014, 12:41 PM
LuvingLumi
Partnersincrime
SoapGal1

Yes, this will be as "fake" as they will get. I don't picture EJ walking around laughing. Plus your scenario is a great way to keep viewers hooked in.
and it keeps the door open for JS to return down the road as he was promised...not that a dead dead Ej wouldn't either mind you...as we've seen with Jack, Stefano and others on soaps..there is no such thing as a dead character on a soap unless the actor that plays the character dies and the show decides to kill the character shortly thereafter....just Tom and Alice, etc...

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 12:53 PM
Halloween Family
May 29 2014, 12:41 PM
LuvingLumi
Partnersincrime

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
and it keeps the door open for JS to return down the road as he was promised...not that a dead dead Ej wouldn't either mind you...as we've seen with Jack, Stefano and others on soaps..there is no such thing as a dead character on a soap unless the actor that plays the character dies and the show decides to kill the character shortly thereafter....just Tom and Alice, etc...
Or he falls down the stairs.

camera shy

If there's no revenge plot, then what was KC talking about when he said that "you don't cheat of your fiancee without paying a price"? of something like that.

Restless84
Member Avatar

camera shy
May 29 2014, 01:11 PM
If there's no revenge plot, then what was KC talking about when he said that "you don't cheat of your fiancee without paying a price"? of something like that.
He can still pay the price. Doesn't mean there is a revenge plot.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Restless84
May 29 2014, 10:51 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Alison-Sweeney-Book-1082328.aspx

Looks like Sami doesn't know about the affair, which what I have thought.

Interesting that she says there is one theory circulating on social media that is close to being accurate.
Hmmm, what are the theories circulating on social media :shrug: :whistling:

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Nice interview overall. Doesn't sound like an EJami happy ever after but does sound like a Sami happy ever after lol since she gets to make special appearances here and there. I had to raise my eyebrow when he said she was one of the best actresses in daytime o_O

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

rfsexton
May 29 2014, 01:32 PM
Restless84
May 29 2014, 10:51 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Alison-Sweeney-Book-1082328.aspx

Looks like Sami doesn't know about the affair, which what I have thought.

Interesting that she says there is one theory circulating on social media that is close to being accurate.
Hmmm, what are the theories circulating on social media :shrug: :whistling:
The ones I've read particularly since last week:

-She JUST found out about affair, not that she's known since the beginning
-EJ confesses to her when Sami asks Abby to be her MOH at her wedding
-Someone else finds the pics and tells Sami
-Sami doesn't find out about the affair until Ej confesses on his death bed

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I was going to point this quote out earlier but forgot.

Quote:

Sweeney: [Laughs] Sami is leaving Salem with a lot of dead bodies in her wake!

Ej dying certainly fits the bill here.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Actually, I definitely think shooting EJ in the head and leaving him for dead is her worst crime. I don't see how that could be topped.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply