Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney Interview (TV Guide)
Topic Started: May 29 2014, 10:51 AM (7,994 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
May 29 2014, 10:50 PM
SoapGal1
May 29 2014, 10:31 PM
DawnElicia
May 29 2014, 09:09 PM
lysie
May 29 2014, 09:07 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
We can do one for the oh great one. Because he is so great and powerful everyone who comes in his path gets the life sucked out of them and they no longer become interesting. Or you can do one on his worse moments. :lol:
I'm totally down for doing a best & worst for EJ.

I already have several for both columns in mind.
Can his hair be the #1 crime against humanity?
I'm not sure about number one but it certainly should rank.

Remember hood hair has to compete with zombie walk & morgue cry.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
May 29 2014, 11:03 PM
SoapGal1
DawnElicia
lysie
May 29 2014, 09:07 PM

We can do one for the oh great one. Because he is so great and powerful everyone who comes in his path gets the life sucked out of them and they no longer become interesting. Or you can do one on his worse moments. :lol:

What about the best and worse of daniel. Or the worst and the awful of daniel.
Daniel is always awful & I'd actually have to give a shit about him to come up with anything.

S loves EJ

SoapGal1
May 30 2014, 02:23 PM
Halloween Family
SoapGal1
DawnElicia

Zombie walk?

Anyway I thought sleeping with Abby would be his worse crime. ^o)

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
May 30 2014, 02:23 PM
Halloween Family
SoapGal1
DawnElicia

Saw a pic of James on twitter from the Canadian fan event...the hair has been cut, I repeat, the hair has been cut.

James cuts his hair & Ali goes back to blonde. I guess they're glad to be free of the dreaded Days hair crew.

Kaycee

Dany_E
May 29 2014, 12:28 PM
lysie
May 29 2014, 11:19 AM
LuvingLumi
May 29 2014, 11:13 AM
I actually think that the theory circulating started last week that she JUST found out about the affair and is in quiet revenge mode. Notice how AS said that Sami couldn't have known ALL ALONG....but she says nothing about her just finding out....I do think she knows and she just found out after Nick arranged to have pics sent to her directly if something happened to him. Nick likely knew that Ej was capable of killing him in order to keep the affair a secret, so I wouldn't put it past Nick to make sure that in the end, Sami still found out.

I do wonder about the reveal being very different that the one that played out in the fake out.....that is why I think she just found out and we won't get the crying, hysterical Sami post reveals that we've gotten forever....we will get a calm, calculating and manipulative Sami...that explains why the show felt they needed to show Ejami's reaction to the reveal in that fake out....problem is that the excuse the show gave for the reveal was to see Ej's POV and it's the ONLY thing I really haven't seen...since it hasn't been pivotal or anything....it hasn't made him confess or something similar which would prove the pivotal role looking into Ej's POV would have given us....

I'm glad though that she admitted that some of the specs about her knowing and already having forgiven him were also not true.....because I just can't imagine Sami doing that at all.....
She also says there's not a revenge plot.
I kind of read it that she meant that, as of the date of this interview, Sami hasn't known for a long time and been plotting revenge. It didn't sound like it was a blanket "there will be no revenge when she finds out". I still think, when she does find out, she will plot revenge. Not sure I buy that this character would be able to not explode all over the place when she finds out but I think that's what they'll go for - Sami with quiet, steely plotting followed by an embarrassing and public reveal for EJ. (Then, hopefully a murder-suicide and, if she comes back it will be as a ghost.)
I dont see them losing the opportunity of the Drama of showing her finding out.

I took what she said, as There is no way she could just go along hugging and kissing him pretending she didnt know or was not angry.. She is much too emotional and volatile for that.

I believe when she finds out, we will know it. The question is what does she do, and how does she exit?
Im wondering, since she isnt gonna die... Maybe she runs off with Lucas..

S loves EJ

six
May 30 2014, 12:46 PM
Well, the clips I had in mind didn't have anything to do with EJ, but an "EJ's intentional and unintentional funniest moments" thread could be fun, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSabKxafG7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jkd1RVceSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZJjFG8z3Es

franciose

S loves EJ
May 31 2014, 05:50 AM
six
May 30 2014, 12:46 PM
Well, the clips I had in mind didn't have anything to do with EJ, but an "EJ's intentional and unintentional funniest moments" thread could be fun, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSabKxafG7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jkd1RVceSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZJjFG8z3Es
What's funny about these is his constant blinking and lapses in the posh accent he affects.

I think his crawling along the floor to kiss Stefano's ring was the funniest. Next is his pompous, "Nicolas (says E J, cause he doesn't want to be called Elvis Junior), a wud", in the hospital; and BB annihilates him with his far superior subtle acting and statement that he is not afraid of the posturing, blustering pussy who needs CPR every time he gets a boo boo.

I'd love to see a montage of his flapping, prancing, pointing, flailing, teapotting, and blinking madly.

S loves EJ

He does do a lot of blinking here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1GxzCTnsok

As for teapotting isnīt it JS who does that not EJ?

Anyway I can agree on BB outshined EJ this year but it hasnīt always been the case. JS does seems tired and needs a break maybe he can come back as good as EJ 2007 after that and be interested in the show again one can hope and dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XasP1-jP24w
Edited by S loves EJ, May 31 2014, 09:52 AM.

franciose

S loves EJ
May 31 2014, 08:23 AM

I wouldn't know if JS does it all the time or anything. All I know is JS does it as Elvis.

S loves EJ

EJ poiting montage this is the best I can do lol.

My Webpage

Kaha
Member Avatar

franciose
May 31 2014, 09:52 AM
S loves EJ
May 31 2014, 08:23 AM

I wouldn't know if JS does it all the time or anything. All I know is JS does it as Elvis.
I think it's related to the contact lens. Chandler used to rub his eyes a lot. Some people react to contact lenses and they either blink or rub their eyes.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 30 2014, 12:23 PM
Kaha
May 29 2014, 08:22 PM
I really hate to start a flame war about Sami, but I don't think Sami giving Austin the rape drug is the worst thing she did or even comparable to any other rape on the show, including Victor raping Nicole or Kristen raping Eric. Sami was a misguided and emotionally unstable girl. This led to her long unhealthy obsession with Austin but her intentions were not to hurt him. Someone gave her the idea and she stupidly administered the drug believing that Austin will fall in love with her if they "make love". Unlike all the other rapists, she didn't understand the ramifications of what she was doing.

In my book, Sami's worst crimes were against Bell, her mother, Carrie and John. She deliberately did things to destroy them. But abducting her little sister is the worst thing she ever did. Even if you consider her age and emotional state.

Now I am going to hide somewhere to avoid the rocks that will be thrown at me. :run:
Um, no. How is Sami raping Austin not "as bad as" Victor/Nicole or Kristen/Eric, lol. Like, it most definitely is. I actually don't think that's the #1 worst crime she's ever made, either, but it most definitely is as bad as those others. Rape is rape, and Sami will just come off as a major hypocrite if she is casting stones in other people's direction about that.
I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. While what Sami did is wrong and an antisocial behavior, her crime is not similar to Victor, Jack, EJ, Kristen, Lawrence or any of the other rapists who populate Salem. Sami was an adolescent girl when she did what she did. In the eyes of the law and society her actions are different, for the following reasons:

1. All of the above listed rapists were adults;
2. They clearly intended harm and ruination
3. they caused their victims irreparable harm

Sami on the other hand, was young and misguided girl who was dealing with incredible trauma and emotional upheaval. She heard something from someone and she didn't think about the ramification, nor did she think it was rape. If I am not mistaken Sami was just recovering from the trauma of her voilent rape.

She's not similar to predator Kristen who was fully aware of what she was doing.

In addition, if she was charged, Sami would not have spent a single day in jail. Why? Because she was not yet an adult. When Sami did what she did, her cognitive, emotional and social maturation was still developing. For that reason, the law has different rules for adults and children in crimes (except when craven politicians get involved to placate the mob).

But even if we don't compare the actions of a confused young girl to the actions of a 30+ and 50+ year olds, and we don't focus on the still developing brain structures of a teenager and full grown adults, the nature of their crimes were still different. It's not true that rape is rape, the same way that it's not true that murder is murder. Every crime has different circumstances and the nature of the crime and the set of circumstances matter a great deal.
Edited by Kaha, May 31 2014, 08:48 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 31 2014, 06:48 PM
Yoryla
Kaha
I really hate to start a flame war about Sami, but I don't think Sami giving Austin the rape drug is the worst thing she did or even comparable to any other rape on the show, including Victor raping Nicole or Kristen raping Eric. Sami was a misguided and emotionally unstable girl. This led to her long unhealthy obsession with Austin but her intentions were not to hurt him. Someone gave her the idea and she stupidly administered the drug believing that Austin will fall in love with her if they "make love". Unlike all the other rapists, she didn't understand the ramifications of what she was doing.

In my book, Sami's worst crimes were against Bell, her mother, Carrie and John. She deliberately did things to destroy them. But abducting her little sister is the worst thing she ever did. Even if you consider her age and emotional state.

Now I am going to hide somewhere to avoid the rocks that will be thrown at me. :run:
Um, no. How is Sami raping Austin not "as bad as" Victor/Nicole or Kristen/Eric, lol. Like, it most definitely is. I actually don't think that's the #1 worst crime she's ever made, either, but it most definitely is as bad as those others. Rape is rape, and Sami will just come off as a major hypocrite if she is casting stones in other people's direction about that.
I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. While what Sami did is wrong and an antisocial behavior, her crime is not similar to Victor, Jack, EJ, Kristen, Lawrence or any of the other rapists who populate Salem. Sami was an adolescent girl when she did what she did. In the eyes of the law and society her actions are different, for the following reasons:

Sami on the other hand, was young and misguided girl who was dealing with incredible trauma and emotional upheaval. She heard something from someone and she didn't think about the ramification, nor did she think it was rape. If I am not mistaken Sami was just recovering from the trauma of her voilent rape.

She's not similar to predator Kristen who was fully aware of what she was doing.

In addition, if she was charged, Sami would not have spent a single day in jail. Why? Because she was not yet an adult. When Sami did what she did, her cognitive, emotional and social maturation was still developing. For that reason, the law has different rules for adults and children in crimes (except when craven politicians get involved to placate the mob).

But even if we don't compare the actions of a confused young girl to the actions of a 30+ and 50+ year olds, and we don't focus on the still developing brain structures of a teenager and full grown adults, the nature of their crimes were still different. It's not true that rape is rape, the same way that it's not true that murder is murder. Every crime has different circumstances and the nature of the crime and the set of circumstances matter a great deal.
I don't disagree that there are some major differences, but I will always take exception to the "was young and misguided girl who was dealing with incredible trauma and emotional upheaval" argument. She was 17. When she kidnapped Belle, she was 16. Sixteen and seventeen year olds know that kidnapping and drugging people are wrong. That's not misguided. A lot of people, especially in Salem, have to deal with emotional upheaval and trauma. That doesn't make her crimes less than they are. It puts them in a larger context, not unlike how Nicole's history and experiences provide a broader context for her. Context and perspective only help our understanding over their motivations, but it doesn't change the severity of what they do.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2014, 09:09 PM
Kaha
Yoryla
Kaha

I don't disagree that there are some major differences, but I will always take exception to the "was young and misguided girl who was dealing with incredible trauma and emotional upheaval" argument. She was 17. When she kidnapped Belle, she was 16. Sixteen and seventeen year olds know that kidnapping and drugging people are wrong. That's not misguided. A lot of people, especially in Salem, have to deal with emotional upheaval and trauma. That doesn't make her crimes less than they are. It puts them in a larger context, not unlike how Nicole's history and experiences provide a broader context for her. Context and perspective only help our understanding over their motivations, but it doesn't change the severity of what they do.
I think you are completely twisting my points, but whatever.

In my earlier post, I differentiated between the kidnapping and the drugging. The wrong in the kidnapping was a clear cut, but the drugging is not. Let's stipulate that drugging someone is not something that a well adjusted normal person does, regardless of trauma or age. But 17 is till young and scientifically speaking not developed emotionally, physically, cognitively and in terms of maturity. That is why we have juvenile courts.

I am not using history of trauma as a reason to absolve all of Sami's crimes, as you're alluding to, I am just saying, her raping Austin does not have the same weight as EJ's rape or Kristen's rape. When someone is young, troubled and seeking love, they do all kinds of crazy things. Sami was not capable of understanding or connecting her rape to what she was doing to Austin. She just deluded herself that if they "made love," he would love her and they'll be together. She didn't have the full cognitive skills to understand what she was doing and its ramification. If she did the same thing today, then it will be a different story.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 31 2014, 09:25 PM
lysie
Kaha
Yoryla

In my earlier post, I differentiated between the kidnapping and the drugging. The wrong in the kidnapping was a clear cut, but the drugging is not. Let's stipulate that drugging someone is not something that a well adjusted normal person does, regardless of trauma or age. But 17 is till young and scientifically speaking not developed emotionally, physically, cognitively and in terms of maturity. That is why we have juvenile courts.

I am not using history of trauma as a reason to absolve all of Sami's crimes, as you're alluding to, I am just saying, her raping Austin does not have the same weight as EJ's rape or Kristen's rape. When someone is young, troubled and seeking love, they do all kinds of crazy things. Sami was not capable of understanding or connecting her rape to what she was doing to Austin. She just deluded herself that if they "made love," he would love her and they'll be together. She didn't have the full cognitive skills to understand what she was doing and its ramification. If she did the same thing today, then it will be a different story.
I'm not twisting your point. I don't even disagree with your main point. I just strongly disagree with the use of "was young and misguided girl who was dealing with incredible trauma and emotional upheaval" as an argument for anything.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2014, 09:30 PM
Kaha
lysie
Kaha

I'm not twisting your point. I don't even disagree with your main point. I just strongly disagree with the use of "was young and misguided girl who was dealing with incredible trauma and emotional upheaval" as an argument for anything.
That was not the crux of my argument though. I think people's lives and early trauma shape them but it does not get them off the hook when it comes to criminality. It might explain it but it does not excuse it. I won't dwell on my main point because I explained it three times, I think.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 31 2014, 09:39 PM
lysie
May 31 2014, 09:30 PM
Kaha
lysie

That was not the crux of my argument though. I think people's lives and early trauma shape them but it does not get them off the hook when it comes to criminality. It might explain it but it does not excuse it. I won't dwell on my main point because I explained it three times, I think.
You don't need to re-explain your main point. I continue to not disagree with it, lol.

S loves EJ

Kaha
May 29 2014, 09:00 PM
Halloween Family
May 29 2014, 08:51 PM
Kaha

In my book, Sami's worst crimes were against Bell, her mother, Carrie and John. She deliberately did things to destroy them. But abducting her little sister is the worst thing she ever did. Even if you consider her age and emotionally state.

The question is are these thing worse than shooting EJ?
To me, yes because EJ deserved it. He was horrible to her and her family. She reached a breaking point.

whether or not EJ deserved it doesnīt change that it was attempted murder and her most serious crime. I donīt think Sami had reached a breaking point either she only shoot him because of the sydnapping not the other things he had done since she already forgiven him for that.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Why are we not talking about AS's insinuation that her soap colleagues are total sluts?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 1 2014, 02:54 PM
Why are we not talking about AS's insinuation that her soap colleagues are total sluts?
I totally missed this one. lol

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply