Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: David Tom online interview w/ "Soaps In Depth"; regarding his firing
Topic Started: May 29 2014, 03:27 PM (3,670 Views)
nananana7
Member Avatar

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2014/05/exclusive-tom-speaks-out-on-yr-exit.html
Edited by nananana7, May 29 2014, 04:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thepadange

Thanks for posting it.

Looking too young with NuKelly - if that's a good reason to fire someone...

If they had some problems with his acting they had to inform him so that he could improve.
Edited by thepadange, May 29 2014, 04:30 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 29 2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks for posting it.

Looking too young with NuKelly - if that's a good ground to fire someone...

If they had some problems with his acting they had to inform him so that he could improve.
He looked too young to be with Victoria and he had no SL with Kelly at that point.
Maybe they just didn't want to tell him he sucked, or, he still has a substance abuse problem and it was easier this way.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

They can put in as many new Billys as they want. Won't change the fact we have to suffer through Boretoria in the middle of her 10th baby storyline.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

If that excuse is true (and I have no faith that it is), then this has to be the most insincere, cruelest, cut-throat division of the entertainment industry!

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&R is a mess. :-/

LPS
Member Avatar

That reason sounds like total BS. Why mess up his age? He's not suppose to be the same age as Jack, Kelly, and Boretoria. This recast will be a total clusterf*ck, IMO. Further, why focus so much energy on the poorly received Kelly?

Y&R is in bad shape when you wish half the characters would go off screen, LOL.

natdot99
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
May 29 2014, 04:25 PM
They can put in as many new Billys as they want. Won't change the fact we have to suffer through Boretoria in the middle of her 10th baby storyline.

Wow Whinytoria is whining in wanting to have a baby, she been doing this for the last fifteen years and it does nothing for her character. She has a half billion dollars and she could afford to buy an orphanage and handpicked which child she could adopt, IMO.

Peridott
Member Avatar

That was punk ass of them to use CM whom DT is not paired with just to shield AH. He looks too young for AH basically. Imo, this is about getting Villy to work but Billy ain't supposed to be the same age as Victoria, Nick, Sharon, etc. That's gonna be jarring.
Edited by Peridott, May 29 2014, 11:57 PM.

thepadange

I don't get what's the big deal with their ages and looks. DT is 36 and he is 8,5 years younger than CM and 5 years younger than AH. Why is he supposed to look 45? There are lots of couples in real life where one of the partners is and looks visibly younger. What's wrong with that? That the male partner looks younger?Why is it wrong?

BTW, he said this was one of the reasons, it means, there were more.
Edited by thepadange, May 30 2014, 04:15 AM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think it's sour grapes on DT's part. Whining there as he did as Billy.

Powernat

The nu Kelly sucks. Role should be recast ASAP. This show is a hot mess.

shark
Member Avatar

That nu nu Billy doesn't do anything for me either. He looks more age appropriate for the Kelly and Victoria gals, but, he's not all that good looking. Maybe he's a better actor, can't be any worse.

metitle
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
May 29 2014, 04:25 PM
:laugh: you got that right.
apparently, she has selective memory when it comes to Reed.

metitle
Member Avatar

Peridott
May 29 2014, 11:54 PM
That was punk ass of them to use CM whom DT is not paired with just to shield AH. He looks too young for AH basically. Imo, this is about getting Villy to work but Billy ain't supposed to be the same age as Victoria, Nick, Sharon, etc. That's gonna be jarring.
I am been saying this for years.
They seemed to deSORASED Boretoria to pair him with Billy. Or they knew Amelia acting skills was not up to par and so they deSORASED her character to put her in scenes with the younger folks.
Jill and John Abbott conceived Billy years after Victoria was born. In fact, I think she was running around with either Ryan or Cole at the time.
Okay, I will give the benefit of the doubt that TPTB was doing a Ashton Kutcher/Demi Moore story. Because seriously that is the age gap on Y&R where Billy and Boretoria is concern.
Now it seems that TPTB maybe aging Boretoria again and putting her in more age appropriate storylines. Hence they needed a Billy who does not have a boyish face.
Boretoria is older than Nick/Sharon, so I can't understand what the writers are trying to convey to us viewers. They must think we are all new viewers.

thepadange

Manager To The (Soap) Stars Michael Bruno On David Tom Firing: ‘Shouldn’t He Be The First One To Know Before Everyone Else Knows?’

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/05/manager-soap-stars-michael-bruno-david-tom-firing-shouldnt-first-one-know-everyone-else-knows#more-36899
Edited by thepadange, Jun 1 2014, 11:34 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

thepadange
Jun 1 2014, 11:33 AM
Manager To The (Soap) Stars Michael Bruno On David Tom Firing: ‘Shouldn’t He Be The First One To Know Before Everyone Else Knows?’

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/05/manager-soap-stars-michael-bruno-david-tom-firing-shouldnt-first-one-know-everyone-else-knows#more-36899
Isn't that kind of a pattern? Seems to me there have been others who were the last to know.
Wasn't it in the last year that an actor read it on a gossip page?
Can't think of who it was, they come and go so fast. lol
Quote:

When asked by Madison if he was surprised that Tom was surprised about being let go, the well known manager commented that there was chatter behind the scenes among several individuals at “Y&R” before Tom even learned his role was being recast. This in spite of the fact that the actor recently stated in an upcoming CBS Soaps In Depth interview, “As far as I knew, nobody knew about this. Not even the cast.”

Well, OBVIOUSLY this is Eric Braden's fault! Posted Image
Edited by Sammie Jo, Jun 1 2014, 01:42 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I'm sure it will be some how. The Dirty Rotten Scoundrel. ;)

Meow

thepadange
Thanks for posting it.

Looking too young with NuKelly - if that's a good reason to fire someone...

I don't think he could improve. He was terrible!! :blah:

Meow

Sammie Jo
May 29 2014, 04:10 PM
thepadange
Thanks for posting it.

Looking too young with NuKelly - if that's a good ground to fire someone...

He looked too young to be with Victoria and he had no SL with Kelly at that point.
Maybe they just didn't want to tell him he sucked, or, he still has a substance abuse problem and it was easier this way.
He did suck, something awful!! He had a substance abuse problem? Is that a fact?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply