Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 30 2014, 12:05 AM (10,879 Views)
iheartwilson
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 30 2014, 05:27 PM
waterlilly
May 30 2014, 01:58 PM
After her time with Gabi and Ari I bet Hope just wants to go home and hug and hold Ciera.
I feel like these are an appropriate "flashback GIF set":
Spoiler: click to toggle
What happened?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
May 30 2014, 01:00 PM
Matt
May 30 2014, 12:50 PM
it's obvious that Hope knows & has been gently trying to persuade Gabi into telling the truth
I believe she figured it out yesterday as soon as Abe said nothing had changed. Most of Will's confession was absolutely true. None of that had to change for Gabi to be the guilty one.
I just want to repost this since people are still speculating about how Hope knew Gabi did it.

What I don't understand is why it took so long for Hope to remember a third person lived in that apartment and could have used the gun.
Edited by iheartwilson, May 31 2014, 09:32 AM.

marie1969

As usual, I am in the minority here because I don't feel that Daniel did anything wrong. I think he cares about both Nicole and Eric and he was trying to do the right thing by giving nicole a chance to come clean on her own. Daniel was in a bad position between a rock and bad place so to speak and I can empathize with that. He came upon the info and once you know that kind of secret, you are involved whether you like it or not. If he kept quiet, he would be complicit and he would be betraying Eric as well. So I am on team Daniel on this one.

I am all that mad at Jennifer either. It was none of her business of course, but Eric is her friend and deep down she does not like or trust Nicole IMO, so it makes sense that her loyalty would be toward Eric. Besides, if she had confronted Nicole, she would be playing the same games with her than she has playing with Daniel. I did notice a couple of interesting tidbits though. Jen seemed upset about Ericole eloping and leaving town even before finding out of the secret. Also, Jen almost broke her neck running to tell Eric about Nicole. :laugh: Hmmm, something tells me that Jen does not like Nicole at all LOL or maybe she likes Eric a little too much.:hmmph: food for thought.

It is hard for me to feel sorry for Nicole. She brought this on to herself and she had plenty of opportunity to make things right thanks to Daniel. But she kept lying and digging her hole deeper. Besides, I seem to remember how she blackmailed Ej when she found out about the sydnapping. She extorted money from Ej and then still ratted him out to Rafe causing the domino effect that followed. She did the same thing to Sami when she found out she shot Ej. She used that info for her own selfish gain. That is karma biting you in the ass you whiny bitch, so wear your big girl panties and deal with it. At least Danifer did not try to take advantage of Nicole like she has done to others in the past.

I know I should feel sorry for Eric for the pain he is about to feel, but I got nothing LOL. Eric continues to rub in the wrong way. He did not deserve what Kristen did to him, but I think he deserved what Nicole did to him just for being such a damn hypocrite. First, what was Marlena talking about asking his wuss of a son if Ej did something to make him leave town? WTF?!!! Ej has absolutely nothing to do with Eric and could not care less about his sorry ass. I am so tired of 'the blame it on the Dimera mantra'.Then Eric pissed me off even more when he said that Ej can not hurt him anymore. WTF? When Ej ever do anything to hurt Eric? Is Eric making Ej guilty by association? I know he feels like Ej owed him :eyeroll: something and was supposed to give him life back (still don't know ej should do ANYTHING for that fool LOL), but is he actually saying that Ej hurt him just by minding his own damn business and staying out of this mess? OK martyr Eric, whatever...

That sanctimonious hypocrite gets all pissed off because Sami pointed out some ugly truths about his perfect saintly fiancee, yet he feels he has the right to trash talk Ej behind his back by saying he is going to hurt Sami. I am not saying he is wrong about that LOL :tounge: , but it is funny that he can not see what is right in front of his nose, but he is talking shit about ej with no evidence to support it other than his dislike of him. Yeah I can not wait for him to realize what a fool he has been and that everyone was right about his precious new and improved Nicole. He may have to eat a big plate of humble pie. I know Sami's heartache is coming too, but I am going to enjoy Mr holier than thou being taking down a notch.

I like how supportive and caring Ej is toward Will. He really considers him a part of his family as he should. it is always so obvious how much Sami loves Will, but when Will threatened to throw her out, I wish Sami had just walked away (dragging Ej with her LOL) and washed her hands off Will for good. He does not appreciate the love and support that Sami has always showed him. Just let the dumb ass throw his damn life away over a false assumption. Serves him right. I also enjoyed Lucas in caring father mode. Though I am surprised that Lucas did not try harder to talk Will out of the ledge.

Lucas hate for Ej is valid and makes sense considering their history, but I do like that they have a common ground when it comes to the children. I like that Lucas was able to put aside his personal feelings for Ej and side with him for Will's sake. Lumil and Ejami make an interesting layered blended american family.

marie1969

iheartwilson
May 31 2014, 09:30 AM
iheartwilson
Matt
it's obvious that Hope knows & has been gently trying to persuade Gabi into telling the truth
I believe she figured it out yesterday as soon as Abe said nothing had changed. Most of Will's confession was absolutely true. None of that had to change for Gabi to be the guilty one.
I just want to repost this since people are still speculating about how Hope knew Gabi did it.

What I don't understand is why it took so long to remember a third person lived in that apartment and could have used the gun.
But that is still a big leap. For her to jump to that conclusion based on that alone does not make sense. I could understand Hope questioning Gabi as a person of interest which she should have done in the first place. But I need more for her to know that Gabi is the killer. I am still looking for the piece de resistance so to speak.
Edited by marie1969, May 31 2014, 12:17 PM.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I never thought I could hate Jennifer more than I did, I was so fucking wrong. She needs to just DIE. As for the pony tail it's to stretch out those hanging flabs of skin on her fucking neck.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
May 31 2014, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry but Nicole doesn't make Daniel tolerable, Daniel makes Nicole unwatchable, period.
:hail:

blueskies
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
May 31 2014, 09:15 AM
Supergirlx2
waterlilly
After her time with Gabi and Ari I bet Hope just wants to go home and hug and hold Ciera.
What happened?
is this when Night-Hope tried to kill Bo? I admit, I don't really remember the exact details on how she was arrested except I remember her passing out and waking up as "real Hope" asking Bo "what happened". At least that's what I recall. Could be totally making that up.

When did Ciara cut up all of Carly's clothes?

sunnyways
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 30 2014, 11:18 PM
I liked Hope's "I didn't even notice" response when Gabi said it was a nice day. It matches Hope's clothing choices for the day. Her outfit (to me, anyways) reads like she didn't put too much effort into what she was gonna wear - just enough to still look professional. And her hair looks like she didn't put too much effort into it either - again, that "simple, but still professional" vibe.
When I saw this scene my first thought was that she is normally an upbeat character and now she can't even find it in herself to notice what type of day it is....I think Hope is so very sad/depressed now that she has heard exactly what Nick has been up to and the mental abuse he caused Will and others.

Hope started out this investigation eager, wanting to make someone pay, but now that it looks like it will be Will who is going to pay, she is not so eager especially since Nick's hurtful scheming is coming to her attention. I think that she is no longer looking at his [Nick's]death as a black and white situation, Nick is dead I will make the killer pay but now as a grey situation, Nick has hurt a lot of people and now I have to arrest the killer with whom I have empathy with.

I'm not sure that KA is meaning to play her scenes this conflicted, but that is how I'm seeing them and she's doing a great job.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 31 2014, 10:07 AM
iheartwilson
Supergirlx2
waterlilly
What happened?
is this when Night-Hope tried to kill Bo? I admit, I don't really remember the exact details on how she was arrested except I remember her passing out and waking up as "real Hope" asking Bo "what happened". At least that's what I recall. Could be totally making that up.

Short answer yes this is when Hope learned what she'd been doing when she was addicted to pills. Bo had to painfully tell her the details and the scenes here is when she has to tell Ciara good bye before heading off to turn herself in. Julie is there to help Bo with Ciara it was very sad. LB as Ciara was probably 6 years old here in real time. I think Ciara cut up Carly's clothes weeks before that, I'm sure others can be more detailed that entire storyline started out being entertaining for me until Hope turned and lost it completely when trying to kill Bo and that was difficult to watch. Kristian and Peter nailed it.
Edited by Fafokahw, May 31 2014, 11:55 AM.

sunnyways
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
May 31 2014, 09:30 AM
iheartwilson
Matt

What I don't understand is why it took so long for Hope to remember a third person lived in that apartment and could have used the gun.
I honestly don't think she wanted to even entertain the thought that it could be Gabi as Nick had talked about how happy they were together. But you could see that she was checking out Will's statement during her visit...peeking into the closet ect...someone up thread mentioned that Will's statement is very generic and it could be applied to almost anyone....maybe that is what got her thinking and the fact, that she had talked to both Sonny and Will but not Gabi.

In the real world, all Hope would have had to do is ask Will was how many times did you shoot Nick in the chest? Because we know that he took two in the chest and one in the back....something the shooter would know but not someone confessing falsely. :)

ETA: KweenBoda has the scariest Avatar ever!!! Clowns and a Porceline doll...two of my biggest fears covered right there in one!
Edited by sunnyways, May 31 2014, 01:07 PM.

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

The expression on their faces when Gabi told them she killed Nick just cracked me up. Sami is like are you effing serious and everyone else just looked in utter disbelief
Edited by DaysAddiction, May 31 2014, 03:39 PM.

nananana7

Supergirlx2
May 30 2014, 09:06 PM
More wild texture patterns in wallpaper in the hallways outside Daniel's apartment.

Not as loud as the wallpaper in the club TBD wallpaper, but still lots of swirliness.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7

kay
May 30 2014, 08:13 PM
What tipped Hope off that the killer could be Gabi?
sunnyways
May 30 2014, 10:09 PM
I thought that when Hope said something about nothing's changed, she was holding a photo of Gabi and the diaper bag? Granted I was trying to see the photo from a viewers perspective. :) I also thought she put two and two together and realized that Gabi did not have the diaper bag at the hospital. Of course, I could be wrong. heh.
I agree with your theory. Hope realized that Gabi would've had access to the gun in the backpack on the shelf in the closet. And then she looked at a photo or photos -- and although we didn't see the photo(s), I gathered it was photo(s) of Gabi with and without the diaper bag -- and Hope suddenly realized what happened.
Edited by nananana7, May 31 2014, 04:00 PM.

nananana7

sillibella
May 30 2014, 10:11 PM
I don't think she had any real intention of letting Will go down for her crime..." little girls need their daddies." Maybe she was going to clear her head and spend her last few free hours with Ari being as carefree as possible before turning herself in.
I agree.

I think that originally, after shooting Nick, Gabi didn't think *any* killer would be caught. Perhaps she thought it would remain an unsolved crime. Perhaps she had planned to go to Argentina to model -- which was supposed to be a short stint of a few weeks -- and then stay there in hiding if need be.

On Friday's episode we saw Ari wearing that blue dress. Gabi had dressed Ari in the first dress that Will had ever given Ari as a newborn -- which was a gazillion sizes too large and rather funny at the time -- but it finally fits Ari now that Ari is one year old. This is very sentimental and I think Gabi did this as a subconscious statement about how much Will loves Ari.

(we learned that story about Ari's dress later in the day -- but Gabi had already dressed Ari in the dress).

First, Gabi dressed Ari. She wondered where Sonny and Will were that morning. Then Rafe and Jordan dropped by ... and then Sonny came home and she put Ari down for a nap. And then Sonny told Gabi that Will had confessed.

I think that ... after she learned that Will had confessed ... Gabi decided right then and there to turn herself in. But she wanted to spend a few precious moments with Ari *outside of circumstances* -- in a bubble of bonding -- before turning herself in.

Someone else in the thread pointed out that Ari wasn't wearing shoes -- so maybe Gabi wasn't really sure of whether to go to the park or not -- or maybe the costumers forgot to have Ari wearing shoes? But I would say that maybe Gabi did plan to go to the park before turning herself in, but she was so upset that she forgot to put the shoes on Ari? Or maybe Hope's arrival just startled Gabi into starting to leave earlier than planned.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure that Gabi would never have let Will rot in prison.

I'm sure she would've turned herself in as soon as possible. But maybe she didn't realize that prosecution would happen immediately.

Maybe Gabi thought that they'd arrest Will -- but he'd be released on bail -- and she'd have a little more time to say goodbye to Ari. And maybe she assumed that he would not have been convicted if he had a good attorney. At any rate, I think she assumed she wouldn't need to confess immediately.

But then Hope said "Gabi, once he signs that piece of paper there's nothing anyone can do for him." I think that's what must've prompted Gabi to immediately confess offscreen to Hope with no more delays. Or, in the offscreen scene, if Gabi didn't outright confess to Hope, then Gabi must've given Hope a few words or a look that implied a confession.
Edited by nananana7, May 31 2014, 06:40 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

blueskies
May 31 2014, 10:07 AM
iheartwilson
Supergirlx2
waterlilly
What happened?

Just so everyone's on the same page: NT Hope was an alter-ego created as a result of side effects to a sleeping medication Hope had been prescribed. nT Hope had enlisted the help of Dr Baker (the same doc who'd helped Nicole switch her (i.e., Mia's) & Sami's babies) to commit crimes against the various men in Salem who had done wrong to women. NT Hope realized they she only really wanted power over Bo, so she decided to kill him - first she tried to set him on fire (& I give you 1 guess as to who came along & saved Bo from getting lit (but not drenched in gasoline)), and then through an air bubble being passed through his IV. After both those failed, NT Hope managed to lure Bo to the Bope house to "talk" & planned on trying to kill him again (this time by stabbing him). By this time, Bo had put the pieces together & figured out most of what was going on, & Bo confronted NT Hope, and she confessed to what she had done.

These goodbye scenes are from the morning after that confrontation. Hope had awakened that morning quite confused, as she had fallen asleep in her room at Victor's and awoken on the Bope living room couch. Bo explained to her what happened & showed her the video of NT Hope's confession. Overcome with guilt, Hope wanted to turn herself in. Bo wanted to talk her out of it. Ciara had been on a sleepover. Hope tells Ciara that she's done something very wrong and is very sorry and that she won't be home for a while. Eventually, Julie arrives to stay with Ciara while Bo & Hope go to the station.
(When Bope arrive at the station, an arrested Dr Baker is there, along with Nicole, Brady, & Roman, and Dr Baker recognizes Hope. He had been arrested after the SPD got a surveillance tape showing him buying the materials needed for NT Hope's Bo-kababs.)

If anyone wants to watch these scenes, there should be edits on YouTube. The dates are around August 6th 2010.

As for Ciara & the scissors - that happened back in Jan/Feb. it was Ciara's reaction to Carly moving into what had been her home (& to some degree still was, since daddy was still living there). ICAM only imagine what would've gone down if current Ciara had been around then. lol.

jam6242
Member Avatar

If I'm remembering correctly, on the day of the clothes shredding incident Ciara had been dropped off at Bo and Hope's house so she could spend time with Bo but he had Caroline come over and take care of her so he could chase after Carly. Also, Ciara at one point had seen Bo and Carly kissing after Bo forgot to turn off his computer after skyping with Ciara. I can't remember if that was before or after the clothes shredding though.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

jam6242
May 31 2014, 04:33 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, on the day of the clothes shredding incident Ciara had been dropped off at Bo and Hope's house so she could spend time with Bo but he had Caroline come over and take care of her so he could chase after Carly. Also, Ciara at one point had seen Bo and Carly kissing after Bo forgot to turn off his computer after skyping with Ciara. I can't remember if that was before or after the clothes shredding though.
I feel like the Skype kissing was after the clothes cutting, but I may be wrong. lol. I've tried to block anything having to do with Carly & Bo as a couple out of my memory.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 31 2014, 05:05 PM
jam6242
I feel like the Skype kissing was after the clothes cutting, but I may be wrong. lol. I've tried to block anything having to do with Carly & Bo as a couple out of my memory.
Me too. Can't make myself rewatch it! :blulaugh:

leela46
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 31 2014, 05:05 PM
jam6242
I didn't mind Bo and Carly. Then again I liked them the first time around.

I had forgotten about the clothes cutting. I can't even imagine what hell she's going to have in store for Aiden after he and Hope get together. Hope may be on the receiving end too if Ciara decides that her mommy dating Aiden is the reason her daddy isn't coming home. Of course since we only seem to be getting Hope and Aiden together once a week now(can't take time away from the Days of Daniel's life), Ciara may be in high school before Hope and Aiden become romantically involved.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Now THIS was a GREAT episode!!!

Finally, not only a REAL Friday cliffhanger, but also finally some MAJOR progress in these storylines!

Cannot wait for the awful empty black hole of a vortex that has been the Ericole storyline to end. May they rest in peace! :blulaugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply