Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: "She's a pistol" - Gabi killed Nick
Topic Started: May 30 2014, 12:13 AM (4,700 Views)
Ellie

This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest features a lengthy article about the story of Nick's murder.

At the beginning of the week, Will is maintaining that he shot Nick, even though Hope and others are doubtful. However, Gabi can't take it and goes to the police station and confesses! Camila Banus shares that Nick has been blackmailing Gabi the entire time, and Gabi has been very fearful, especially regarding what Nick might do to Arianna. Banus shares that she wanted to play the scenes "... as if Gabi was going with Nick as something she did just to make him happy." She says that after this week's scenes, the fact that Gabi seemed to go back to Nick will make sense to the viewers.

Hope isn't comforted by knowing that Gabi shot Nick. Hope feels that she failed Nick and that she should have seen what was going on.

Freddie Smith says that Gabi's guilt is a "tragedy" and that they're worried about Arianna. Will, meanwhile, feels bad for the Hortons mourning Nick.

At the end of the week, Gabi reveals an additional secret...

Pick up the latest Digest for many more details!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

I've made this point in the past, but there was some confusion last week.

These are summaries. Please don't say "actually the word it uses is ____". If I used the exact words, it wouldn't be a summary.

If, however, you feel that the summary alters the meaning of the article, feel free to PM me and I will make adjustments as needed.

As always, please don't link to scans or full text of the articles. (And just a note, if you are putting that online anywhere, it will likely be removed by SOD pretty quickly.)

Thanks!

lysie
Member Avatar

And this sums up perfectly one of the many things currently wrong with the storytelling on this show.

"She says that after this week's scenes, the fact that Gabi seemed to go back to Nick will make sense to the viewers."

It should make sense BEFORE the end of the story. It's okay to wait a little while sometimes, but you have to let the audience in on these things before the end.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

lysie
May 30 2014, 12:17 AM
And this sums up perfectly one of the many things currently wrong with the storytelling on this show.

"She says that after this week's scenes, the fact that Gabi seemed to go back to Nick will make sense to the viewers."

It should make sense BEFORE the end of the story. It's okay to wait a little while sometimes, but you have to let the audience in on these things before the end.
RIGHT! I thought the same thing. This is the same as how we found out that EJ was responsible for John's financial/embezzlement issues when MarDar were writing. The viewers should be in on what's going on! It's such poor writing otherwise.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Ellie
May 30 2014, 12:13 AM
Hope isn't comforted by knowing that Gabi shot Nick. Hope feels that she failed Nick and that she should have seen what was going on.
I actually feel bad for Hope, & not simply because I'm a fan of hers. It makes sense for her to feel almost unsatisfied with the truth that Gabi killed Nick. Gabi is probably the last person she thought would've wanted Nick dead. And it sounds like we're going to see more of Hope struggling with feeling guilty - as though she was partially responsible for Nick's death. Hope is only "human". She can't really be in 5 places at once.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

It's poor writing when we can deduce the murderer so easily based on the end of a contract cycle. I have not been shocked by anything in forever, and it's not like spoilers come flying out of Burbank like they use to. Why not have someone we don't suspect take the fall, and even weasel out of it Dimera style if they want them to stay on the canvas. This is so *meh* for so many reasons.

And Lysie and Ellie are right. It just gets lazy on the part of the writers. Nothing they could have done, including keep us in the dark, would have made this a surprise. I want to go on a journey with the characters, not find out about the trip they have been on after the ride. There was no curve ball good enough to make this interesting.

WisonFan30

I had A Feeling it was Gabi that Killed Nick.
Edited by WisonFan30, May 30 2014, 12:32 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie

BINGO! I don't know if it's more the writing or how CB played the scenes or a combination of the two, but there was scarcely a hint of Gabi being fearful of Nick/trying to placate him until right before the shooting episode. And I can point to TONS of scenes where Gabi looked downright gleeful to have Nick on her side. The set-up to this murder was a major fail.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 30 2014, 12:27 AM
Ellie
May 30 2014, 12:13 AM
I actually feel bad for Hope, & not simply because I'm a fan of hers. It makes sense for her to feel almost unsatisfied with the truth that Gabi killed Nick. Gabi is probably the last person she thought would've wanted Nick dead. And it sounds like we're going to see more of Hope struggling with feeling guilty - as though she was partially responsible for Nick's death. Hope is only "human". She can't really be in 5 places at once.
Hope a cop and Nick was blackmailing a lot of people I think what is going to happen is that Hope feels she was blind to what was right before her eyes despite the signs she felt she should have picked up on..
By the way this reads I am hoping that means we get Gabi's confession tomorrow and the second confession Next week.

Ellie

Daysfanatic79
May 30 2014, 12:31 AM
It's poor writing when we can deduce the murderer so easily based on the end of a contract cycle.
LOL I love this sentence. Or, you know, by Corday saying in last week's issue that the killer exits the canvas.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 30 2014, 12:36 AM
Daysfanatic79
May 30 2014, 12:31 AM
It's poor writing when we can deduce the murderer so easily based on the end of a contract cycle.
LOL I love this sentence. Or, you know, by Corday saying in last week's issue that the killer exits the canvas.
that really the way for Corady to give away his killer in the storyline especially given the fact that he also stated that the Nick murder wraps up quickly that leave GABI as the sole option due to Sami & Ej's exists not being til late fall some time. It makes me wonder if he (Corday intentionally ) meant to give way the ending to the storyline with this comment.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, May 30 2014, 12:56 AM.

am103
Member Avatar

Like I said in the tweets thread, this probably would have been good drama if we hadn't known that Camila was leaving. I hate that this story sat backseat to Daniel/Nicole this month when it should have been the driving story.

I'll miss Gabi. I've really liked her for about the last year. And if we're getting Melanie (and Chad) in her place, the young crowd on Days is going to go back to being insufferable after a couple years of being okay.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

am103
May 30 2014, 12:58 AM
Like I said in the tweets thread, this probably would have been good drama if we hadn't known that Camila was leaving. I hate that this story sat backseat to Daniel/Nicole this month when it should have been the driving story.

I'll miss Gabi. I've really liked her for about the last year. And if we're getting Melanie (and Chad) in her place, the young crowd on Days is going to go back to being insufferable after a couple years of being okay.
actually there is a lot of room for Will & Sonny to get storyline with out Gabi & Nick since the ate up so much of the screen time allotted to that age group but I agree that Will & Sonny I think need more in their age group then just Mel & Chad there is no real tight link between Will & Sonny to Chad & Mel any more.

I think that even Abby & Ben could relate to some good storyline but that is dependent on not putting Gabi in yet another triangle this time with Ben and Chad I think writers need to avoid that with Abby it been over done with her. Also wbring back Dario if the want a young person w Gabi's crime w Wilson having sole custody of Arianna due to this w Rafe still around there more compelling storyline for Dario frankly then for Chad...

tylerbo20

X to Melanie I'd rather see Mia lol

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
May 30 2014, 01:19 AM
X to Melanie I'd rather see Mia lol
Will & Sonny really don't need Will's other ex around especially give that she cheated on Will by sleeping with Chad, doesn't know Will is married, gay or has a daughter.... and they've had enough of Will's back history around with Gabi all this time.

Melanie would be more interesting back because of her link to chad or the possible opening mel return to leaving to write Dario (Gabi& Rafe's brother) back in. I think bring back Mia would be difficult given that age range and the fact that you got Will & Sonny who are gay (so neither of them offers a pairing choice for Mia) they been there done that with Mia and chad... Ben seems to be for Abby so what use would Mia be on scene...

Well I don't like Daniel Mel there be room with Chad fall return to give a legit reason why this two could reconnect and start over after the Gabi/daystars situation... and opening for it that Mel could and wouldn't see then.

deVour

tomsawyer
May 30 2014, 12:33 AM
lysie

BINGO! I don't know if it's more the writing or how CB played the scenes or a combination of the two, but there was scarcely a hint of Gabi being fearful of Nick/trying to placate him until right before the shooting episode. And I can point to TONS of scenes where Gabi looked downright gleeful to have Nick on her side. The set-up to this murder was a major fail.
ICA. CB can spin this from now till the cows come home, but Gabi was NOT placating Nick from the beginning. She WAS giddy that Nick blamed Kami and wanted them to pay and not her. When she started realizing Nick was an all around nutjob, she became afraid for herself, Ari and Wilson. That's when the bullets started flying.

I didn't mind that the murder mystery was more murder than mystery. The major fail for me was the complete and total dumbing down of Will. All he proved was that he is poor stupid little Will who has to be protected, especially from himself.

james0479
Member Avatar

Alright I suppose I'm in a minority (or just the only person here lol) that likes the fact Gabi killed Nick. There are two problems however....we spoil everything or we figure everything out way too soon and I agree with others that the audience should've seen what CB says we will see after the fact ...but then again it could be argued had we seen all that, it would be even more obvious Gabi did it, with a gun, in the park. The smartest decision about this part of the story was to not drag it out long. I'm sure tptb knew once it started that Wed figure this one out easily and it just is what it is. They did a crazy awesome job of hiding the fact Nick would leave the show....CB, not so much. Sounds like CB wasn't given certain story knowledge until the last minute or maybe she just decided to play it weird...idk.

jam6242
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
May 30 2014, 01:07 AM
am103
May 30 2014, 12:58 AM

actually there is a lot of room for Will & Sonny to get storyline with out Gabi & Nick since the ate up so much of the screen time allotted to that age group but I agree that Will & Sonny I think need more in their age group then just Mel & Chad there is no real tight link between Will & Sonny to Chad & Mel any more.

I think that even Abby & Ben could relate to some good storyline but that is dependent on not putting Gabi in yet another triangle this time with Ben and Chad I think writers need to avoid that with Abby it been over done with her. Also wbring back Dario if the want a young person w Gabi's crime w Wilson having sole custody of Arianna due to this w Rafe still around there more compelling storyline for Dario frankly then for Chad...
Never thought I'd see Dario and compelling in the same sentence.

Kaha
Member Avatar

james0479
May 30 2014, 06:56 AM
Alright I suppose I'm in a minority (or just the only person here lol) that likes the fact Gabi killed Nick. There are two problems however....we spoil everything or we figure everything out way too soon and I agree with others that the audience should've seen what CB says we will see after the fact ...but then again it could be argued had we seen all that, it would be even more obvious Gabi did it, with a gun, in the park. The smartest decision about this part of the story was to not drag it out long. I'm sure tptb knew once it started that Wed figure this one out easily and it just is what it is. They did a crazy awesome job of hiding the fact Nick would leave the show....CB, not so much. Sounds like CB wasn't given certain story knowledge until the last minute or maybe she just decided to play it weird...idk.
The part that was needed to show was Gabi's fear of Nick. Gabi didn't act like she was afraid of Nick, except on the last day of his life. As tomsawyer stated, Gabi was down right gleeful about the power he had over everyone else. I can show a scene after scene where Gabi was smug and down right bitchy to everyone else. Her scenes with Sami didn't look like someone who was afraid of Nick. She said stuff (to every character) that sounded like she was enjoying the power she had over them because of Nick's blackmail. She ran to Nick every time someone said something she didn't like. She told him stuff about WilSon and Sami and her frustration with them that she didn't have to. He became her confidante. If anyone was afraid of Nick it was Kami and WilSon.

The way it looked to me, as a viewer was that Gabi stupidly jumped aboard Nick's "I've Changed" bandwagon and become a co-driver. She fully believed it and loved the freedom and power it gave her over others. Then the custody stuff became real and she realized that Nick wanted to eliminate Will from Ari's life completely. She wasn't on board and when she voiced her opinion, Nick basically said no and literally dialled Aidan's number for her and told her how it was going to be. That's when the reality of the situation and Nick's hold over her hit her. And things got even more dire for her when she realized that Nick was holding something over Abigail and saw the level of Abigail's fear. I think she came to the conclusion that if Nick can be this cruel to a real Horton then what is he going to do to her.

The only thing that might change my view on the matter is if they showed us what transpired between Nick and Gabi when they had the talk at the park, right after she slapped Sonny. Gabi immediately went to Nick and he told her how to handle the situation but we didn't see the full conversation. If he threatened her at the time and told her if she showed the slightest hint to anyone that she was afraid of him, he will then hurt Ari. I will reluctantly buy that Gabi was trying to placate Nick all along.
Edited by Kaha, May 30 2014, 07:38 AM.

Angelsmile

tomsawyer
May 30 2014, 12:33 AM
lysie

I'm remembering her telling Sonny Nick knew what she needed by getting her the modeling job, why? If she wasn't really with Nick and he wasn't there why have this conversation. Her inviting him over after her first modeling shoot, her telling Nick it was okay if he went after Sami, her arguments with everyone about him when he was not even around it all makes no sense.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply