Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: "Brady and John Showdown over Theresa"
Topic Started: May 30 2014, 12:30 AM (2,856 Views)
Ellie

This week's SOD features an article about Brady, John and Theresa.

John offers Theresa a lucrative job overseas to try to get her away from Brady. Theresa is tempted, but she knows why John is doing this.

Brady overhears this and "things get tense". Theresa watches and enjoys the fact that the fight is over her.

Eric Martsolf explains that Brady hates that whenever John returns to Salem, it's to meddle in Brady's life. "Both John and Marlena treat Brady like a fourth grader, and he's had his fill of it." Martsolf continues that in the current situation, John's meddling actually leads to Brady engaging more in drug abuse.

Martsolf shares that Brady appreciates that Theresa wasn't even in Brady's life when everything was going on with Kristen. Unfortunately, however, Theresa is anything but a clean slate. Jen Lilley says that Theresa will use whatever she can to keep Brady in her life...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

It's frustrating. It's frustrating because both Brady and John are acting ridiculously, and neither is rootable. It's annoying that John treats Brady like a fourth grader and it's annoying that Brady acts like a fourth grader. Meanwhile, I wasn't aware Marlena treated him like anything, and the last I saw of them even acknowledging each other (which was months ago unless Marlena mentioning him to John counts), they were getting along again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SunAngel
Member Avatar

This happens every week.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I hate this storyline. Why did they even bother to bring John back? This is the same thing they played up before he left! It hasn't gone anywhere. I loved the father/son relationship of Brady and John so they need to fix this pronto!!!

am103
Member Avatar

Everyone in this story is an idiot. UGH. I hate that there is nobody to root for on this show.

Hummm
Member Avatar

This is BS, where is the real stores Days so call writers, we need GREAT Stories for the Vet's and there kids.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Same stuff different day. This is so boring.

IIttu
Member Avatar

The writing couldn't get any lazier... I truly hate what's been done to the character(s) of John (and Marlena).. :(

deVour

Didn't John already offer Theresa a job to get her away from Brady? Gotta give DAYS credit, they saved themselves a bundle, they just had to dig out the old script, same characters, same dialog. Or even cheaper better, just replay the original scene. Would anyone really care?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

As near as I can see Brady is responsible for Brady's behavior. Theresa shares some of his issues/love of booze and drugs, sure. However, why is she the "bad guy" when we've not seen her dragging him kicking and screaming into her bed. Why is Theresa the problem? Unless of course she's a "bitch" and this forty year old alcoholic and drug addict is her poor innocent victim.

If you ever go to an alanon meeting (for families of alcoholics and drug addicts), they tell you that you can't blame the co-dependent significant other for your love one's problems. The addict is solely to blame and solely responsible for getting away from people who are unhealthy to be around. They'll also tell you that pouring out booze is a waste of money. The addict will just get pissed and get more.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

John offered Theresa a job overseas in a scene at the pub...did they forget that they already wrote & aired that bit? :shrug:

As far as John & Marlena treating Brady like a 4th grader, that's an insult to 4th graders. Brady was told by anyone & everyone that Kritter was bad news & guess what, they were right!! At this point, I'd love to see John say "I love you" and walk away from the jerk - let him hit rock bottom, then get him in to rehab when he does. Brady needs tough love, not hand-holding.

Real Kristen would never have gone such a direct route to her target - J&M.
Real Brady would have never given Kristen the time of day.
Real Marlena would never have let Kritter out of her sight, let alone into her sons life - she'd have gone to Stefano and called in a marker to call the bitch off.
And if all that failed, Real John would have come up with a plan that would not only have ended Bristen, but would NEVER have risked his marriage in the first place.

It's not just lazy writing, it's shitty writing.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, May 30 2014, 06:42 AM.

Marlene

UGH.

Sorry, that's all I have to say.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Marlene
May 30 2014, 06:51 AM
UGH.

Sorry, that's all I have to say.
That's all there is to say. This whole story is a craptastic cluster fuck....and a total snooze fest :yawnz:

Kaha
Member Avatar

OMG! How is it possible for this story to get worse every week, even though, it's the same freaking thing? Its like groundhog day of stupid plots.

Why are they writing Brady like he's an adolescent? Maybe they need to deSORAS him. Who ever heard of a grown man doing drugs and going out with the wrong girl because he was being rebellious against daddy.

I will die if Brady yells at John and says "I hate you!"

IIttu
Member Avatar

this BS should've ended already a year ago, during 2013 May sweeps..

james0479
Member Avatar

What's also irritating about this is the fact it's NOT a story. Brady is fucking around with a girl who basically doesn't do anything but party and talk. John doesn't like his son being around her so every two weeks he says so, Brady responds in anger and then it happens all over again. It's two people disagreeing over something that nobody has any reason to care about. There's no storyline here!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

This show was so good over the winter and it's just gone down hill since then....but May sweeps was awful and post May sweeps doesn't seem to be any better. John and Brady doing the same thing they did a year ago...and frankly....why did they bring John back at all? For this shit?

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

As much as I like EM, at this point the most drama they could pull from this storyline would be to have Brady overdose. His death would have major impact across the canvas and would be gripping and true-to-life. It could also serve as a starting point to reuniting John and Marlena as she struggles to reach out and support the man who so callously tossed her aside.

tylerbo20

I think brady needs to rested for a while send him off to rehab how can he be boozed and drugged up yet still running the hospital board makes no sense and is pretty stupid!

blueskies
Member Avatar

i give up. Maybe John should concentrate on his train-wreck of a love life rather than focus on his son's train-wreck of a love life for a while.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply