Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: "Brady and John Showdown over Theresa"
Topic Started: May 30 2014, 12:30 AM (3,005 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Well if Brady didn't actually act like a 4th grader,maybe they wouldn't treat him like one,he is such an idiot when it comes to women,he cannot see a manipulative woman when their right in front of his face.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

THIS is why they brought Drake back...THIS is what they thought his fans would want to see?

Are they fucking HIGH?

NO THANKS!

DAYS is seriously on my last nerve right now...
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 30 2014, 10:08 AM.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 30 2014, 12:30 AM
John offers Theresa a lucrative job overseas to try to get her away from Brady. Theresa is tempted, but she knows why John is doing this.
Seriously. We just saw this exact scene a few months ago. You're not even trying, TomSell.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
May 30 2014, 12:39 AM
It's frustrating. It's frustrating because both Brady and John are acting ridiculously, and neither is rootable. It's annoying that John treats Brady like a fourth grader and it's annoying that Brady acts like a fourth grader. Meanwhile, I wasn't aware Marlena treated him like anything, and the last I saw of them even acknowledging each other (which was months ago unless Marlena mentioning him to John counts), they were getting along again.
And one thing that has been particularly obvious in all this is: Exactly as you said, Marlena was all about Brady and protecting him last year when he was with Kristen. When in the world have they now had scenes after the wedding? I mean really? I not only do not remember them having next to no scenes at all, Marlena doesn't even talk about him. And what's even more glaring, probably, is that last year they tried to portray Sami and Brady as these "yeah we've always been so close" -type of siblings. And Sami was supposedly *so* much looking after him and so protective (which I never bought anyway) And, yet again, after the wedding, where in the hell has she been in Brady's life??? Have they even has scenes? I don't remember her mentioning him except that one time with a throwaway line to Eric last week. That level of hypocrisy and so called caring and how it seizes to just simply exists is astonishing, especially since both of these people were just really all about Kristen. Once she left, so did their interest.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Oh, and btw, Theresa can go die a fiery death for all I care.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 30 2014, 10:24 AM
lysie
It's frustrating. It's frustrating because both Brady and John are acting ridiculously, and neither is rootable. It's annoying that John treats Brady like a fourth grader and it's annoying that Brady acts like a fourth grader. Meanwhile, I wasn't aware Marlena treated him like anything, and the last I saw of them even acknowledging each other (which was months ago unless Marlena mentioning him to John counts), they were getting along again.
And one thing that has been particularly obvious in all this is: Exactly as you said, Marlena was all about Brady and protecting him last year when he was with Kristen. When in the world have they now had scenes after the wedding? I mean really? I not only do not remember them having next to no scenes at all, Marlena doesn't even talk about him. And what's even more glaring, probably, is that last year they tried to portray Sami and Brady as these "yeah we've always been so close" -type of siblings. And Sami was supposedly *so* much looking after him and so protective (which I never bought anyway) And, yet again, after the wedding, where in the hell has she been in Brady's life??? Have they even has scenes? I don't remember her mentioning him except that one time with a throwaway line to Eric last week. That level of hypocrisy and so called caring and how it seizes to just simply exists is astonishing, especially since both of these people were just really all about Kristen. Once she left, so did their interest.
It seems like the show just didn't know what to do with itself after the Bristen wedding. Sure there was the ripple effect in everyone's relationships, but the execution of that effect was poorly done. I suppose they'll ramp up again with Kristen's return, but they really need to stop writing crap in between Kristen being in town.

ED should be able to breeze in and bring Kristen's special kind of crazy to the table for a few months and then breeze off while Kristen plots her next round of revenge. Salem shouldn't be repetitive and boring as hell just because Kristen's not in town. At this point, I'll be rooting for Kristen to rain all manner of crazy on Brady, John, Marlena, Eric, Nicole, Daniel, Jennifer, Abigail, Teresa, etc. because none of them are the least bit likable in their current incarnation.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

presley cat
Member Avatar

Such crap!!! Am I the only one who wants my John Black/Jason Bourne back?
How about this:
The ISA reaches out to John who is back in Salem for his help with a human trafficking case or something else criminal. (insert Jordan/Ben storyline who have escaped but can identify the bad guys). John and Rafe team up and take on the villains.

The only fourth graders are the writers :shame:

lysie
Member Avatar

Yoryla
lysie
They don't need to show Brady with his actual family because he has Maggie now.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

They aren't even doing the Theresa is using Brady thing right. I mean what has she gotten? A purse? Theresa would be living large, with Brady being shown setting her up in a nice place, dressed to the nines and not having to work. What is John blaming her for? Brady is a wealthy man, Theresa is getting a raw deal here if she is using him. The writers could make this interesting, but they're not...

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 30 2014, 12:30 AM
This week's SOD features an article about Brady, John and Theresa.

John offers Theresa a lucrative job overseas to try to get her away from Brady. Theresa is tempted, but she knows why John is doing this.

Brady overhears this and "things get tense". Theresa watches and enjoys the fact that the fight is over her.

Eric Martsolf explains that Brady hates that whenever John returns to Salem, it's to meddle in Brady's life. "Both John and Marlena treat Brady like a fourth grader, and he's had his fill of it." Martsolf continues that in the current situation, John's meddling actually leads to Brady engaging more in drug abuse.

Martsolf shares that Brady appreciates that Theresa wasn't even in Brady's life when everything was going on with Kristen. Unfortunately, however, Theresa is anything but a clean slate. Jen Lilley says that Theresa will use whatever she can to keep Brady in her life...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!

Pure and utter bullsh*t! Brady isn't treated like a forth grader, he ACTS like one. I hate this character.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

presley cat
May 30 2014, 11:27 AM
Such crap!!! Am I the only one who wants my John Black/Jason Bourne back?
How about this:
The ISA reaches out to John who is back in Salem for his help with a human trafficking case or something else criminal. (insert Jordan/Ben storyline who have escaped but can identify the bad guys). John and Rafe team up and take on the villains.

The only fourth graders are the writers :shame:
John should be a cop again. Just another reason among so many why I loathe JT's Roman.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
May 30 2014, 12:49 AM
I hate this storyline. Why did they even bother to bring John back? This is the same thing they played up before he left! It hasn't gone anywhere. I loved the father/son relationship of Brady and John so they need to fix this pronto!!!
It's more important to them to ruin the relationships in order to pimp Brady as a "troubled" soul. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Honeybees
May 30 2014, 06:39 AM
As near as I can see Brady is responsible for Brady's behavior. Theresa shares some of his issues/love of booze and drugs, sure. However, why is she the "bad guy" when we've not seen her dragging him kicking and screaming into her bed. Why is Theresa the problem? Unless of course she's a "bitch" and this forty year old alcoholic and drug addict is her poor innocent victim.

If you ever go to an alanon meeting (for families of alcoholics and drug addicts), they tell you that you can't blame the co-dependent significant other for your love one's problems. The addict is solely to blame and solely responsible for getting away from people who are unhealthy to be around. They'll also tell you that pouring out booze is a waste of money. The addict will just get pissed and get more.
Great point about Theresa! Brady is now a middle aged man dating and screwing a 20 something girl and nobody is forcing him to do so. She isn't doing a thing to manipulate him.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 30 2014, 06:56 AM
OMG! How is it possible for this story to get worse every week, even though, it's the same freaking thing? Its like groundhog day of stupid plots.

Why are they writing Brady like he's an adolescent? Maybe they need to deSORAS him. Who ever heard of a grown man doing drugs and going out with the wrong girl because he was being rebellious against daddy.

I will die if Brady yells at John and says "I hate you!"
LOL, and John can refuse to give him his allowance.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
May 30 2014, 07:52 AM
As much as I like EM, at this point the most drama they could pull from this storyline would be to have Brady overdose. His death would have major impact across the canvas and would be gripping and true-to-life. It could also serve as a starting point to reuniting John and Marlena as she struggles to reach out and support the man who so callously tossed her aside.
Great idea! He can go be in heaven with his mommy! :blulaugh:

I don't think they ever truly gave the audience a good reason for his drug addiction in the first place, and it seems they are still trying to figure out why he's like this. And there is no reason, so they keep pretending that he had a terrible childhood with terrible neglectful parents. Which makes no sense and never will. It just makes me hate BRADY.

Edited by Rosebud, May 30 2014, 04:55 PM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Rosebud
May 30 2014, 02:42 PM
Renee Dimera
May 30 2014, 07:52 AM
As much as I like EM, at this point the most drama they could pull from this storyline would be to have Brady overdose. His death would have major impact across the canvas and would be gripping and true-to-life. It could also serve as a starting point to reuniting John and Marlena as she struggles to reach out and support the man who so callously tossed her aside.
Great idea! He can go be in heaven with his mommy!:blulaugh:

I don't think they ever truly gave the audience a good reason for his drug addiction in the first place, and it seems they are still trying to figure out why he's like this. And there is no reason, so they keep pretending that he had a terrible childhood with terrible neglectful parents. Which makes no sense and never will. It just makes me hate BRADY.

I don't think they've ever explained why Theresa uses drugs either. I could see them both OD'ing, then bring back Belle, Shawn D, Claire & Andrew along with a few weeks of Shane & Kim to mourn alongside John & Marlena, Victor, etc. The show needs DRAMA, not unexplained & inexplicable BS.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
lysie
The writers do this with all their stories. Everyone exists in a vacuum in whatever story is front burner. It doesn't matter what relationships are or were in history. Characters change to fit the plot. It's the worse thing you can do on a soap. Ask Douglas Marland.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Every time I think this show can't get any worse, it does.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

waterlilly
May 30 2014, 12:05 PM
The writers could make this interesting, but they're not...
This is the truth about every story on the show lately.

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

This storyline has dragged on for too long longer than any of the other storylines. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse
Edited by DaysAddiction, May 30 2014, 04:24 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply