Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: "Brady and John Showdown over Theresa"
Topic Started: May 30 2014, 12:30 AM (3,080 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

I don't like Theresa and I don't have any sympathy for her, but I actually think Brady is the one that's doing the most harm in this relationship, whatever it is. He obviously has no real affection for her other than she's his f*ck-drug buddy. He's using her for all kinds of reasons, mostly to help enable his drug and alcohol use, to help him excuse his bad behavior, and to not have to take responsibility for the fallout from his stupid decision to bring Kristen into his and his family's life.

John should be warning Theresa to stay away from Brady because he will end up hurting her, and should call Kim and Shane and warn them that their daughter is in danger being with Brady.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
May 30 2014, 10:43 AM
Yoryla
May 30 2014, 10:24 AM
lysie
May 30 2014, 12:39 AM
It's frustrating. It's frustrating because both Brady and John are acting ridiculously, and neither is rootable. It's annoying that John treats Brady like a fourth grader and it's annoying that Brady acts like a fourth grader. Meanwhile, I wasn't aware Marlena treated him like anything, and the last I saw of them even acknowledging each other (which was months ago unless Marlena mentioning him to John counts), they were getting along again.
And one thing that has been particularly obvious in all this is: Exactly as you said, Marlena was all about Brady and protecting him last year when he was with Kristen. When in the world have they now had scenes after the wedding? I mean really? I not only do not remember them having next to no scenes at all, Marlena doesn't even talk about him. And what's even more glaring, probably, is that last year they tried to portray Sami and Brady as these "yeah we've always been so close" -type of siblings. And Sami was supposedly *so* much looking after him and so protective (which I never bought anyway) And, yet again, after the wedding, where in the hell has she been in Brady's life??? Have they even has scenes? I don't remember her mentioning him except that one time with a throwaway line to Eric last week. That level of hypocrisy and so called caring and how it seizes to just simply exists is astonishing, especially since both of these people were just really all about Kristen. Once she left, so did their interest.
It seems like the show just didn't know what to do with itself after the Bristen wedding. Sure there was the ripple effect in everyone's relationships, but the execution of that effect was poorly done. I suppose they'll ramp up again with Kristen's return, but they really need to stop writing crap in between Kristen being in town.

ED should be able to breeze in and bring Kristen's special kind of crazy to the table for a few months and then breeze off while Kristen plots her next round of revenge. Salem shouldn't be repetitive and boring as hell just because Kristen's not in town. At this point, I'll be rooting for Kristen to rain all manner of crazy on Brady, John, Marlena, Eric, Nicole, Daniel, Jennifer, Abigail, Teresa, etc. because none of them are the least bit likable in their current incarnation.
I think it's really sad and lazy that these writers only seem capable of writing for characters like Kristen and Theresa and Sami.

nananana7
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
May 30 2014, 06:41 AM
John offered Theresa a job overseas in a scene at the pub...did they forget that they already wrote & aired that bit? :shrug:

As far as John & Marlena treating Brady like a 4th grader, that's an insult to 4th graders. Brady was told by anyone & everyone that Kritter was bad news & guess what, they were right!! At this point, I'd love to see John say "I love you" and walk away from the jerk - let him hit rock bottom, then get him in to rehab when he does. Brady needs tough love, not hand-holding.

Real Kristen would never have gone such a direct route to her target - J&M.
Real Brady would have never given Kristen the time of day.
Real Marlena would never have let Kritter out of her sight, let alone into her sons life - she'd have gone to Stefano and called in a marker to call the bitch off.
And if all that failed, Real John would have come up with a plan that would not only have ended Bristen, but would NEVER have risked his marriage in the first place.

It's not just lazy writing, it's shitty writing.

Love your whole post, especially this:
"As far as John & Marlena treating Brady like a 4th grader, that's an insult to 4th graders."

Kaycee

3WishGenie
May 30 2014, 12:49 AM
I hate this storyline. Why did they even bother to bring John back? This is the same thing they played up before he left! It hasn't gone anywhere. I loved the father/son relationship of Brady and John so they need to fix this pronto!!!
I agree, I cant understand this.. They should be writing a story of him fighting for his marriage.

rae

Kaycee
May 31 2014, 04:59 AM
3WishGenie
May 30 2014, 12:49 AM
I hate this storyline. Why did they even bother to bring John back? This is the same thing they played up before he left! It hasn't gone anywhere. I loved the father/son relationship of Brady and John so they need to fix this pronto!!!
I agree, I cant understand this.. They should be writing a story of him fighting for his marriage.
They should be, but unfortunately these writers have a strong dislike for the character of John and the great love story of J&M. There is still so much story to tell. There's John's true identity, all the years that Marlena was missing, reuniting them as a couple and giving them some new adventure that actually has them working together. Bring back Belle and Claire so we can see the Blacks as a family again. Just stop messing with them. No more 3rd party. Get them back together and make them the strong, core couple. Deidre and Drake deserve so much better and so do their loyal fans.

Ocean

It's sad to see father and son relationship destroyed because of kristen and Theresa or I should say dumb writers. Maybe Isabel ghost come back and talk to brady no matter how angry you're in your life always respect your father and never beat up your old man. When brady was 2 years old and his mom died John was heartbroken and Martina was there to heal his pain and taking care of both Brady and John. What a beautiful history between John and brady now it all went down like history never exist and they become stranger to each other .It's awful and painful to watch .They make brady dumb again since he never learn the damn thing what kristen did to him now with Theresa. I never like bristen pairing because she was John's ex lover and brady's step mom. And with Theresa they were cousins now lazy writers changed their history now they become bed hoping sex, drugs and alcoholic people without any story. I'm sick of all nonsense. I want father and son and John and Marlina relationship to be fixed and become a family that I loved the most since brady's mom died. It's sickening to bring john back and brady beat him up again and I hate that. I love EM but his character become violent and addiction and i wish writers just give him good story instead of running his character. God help us with this lazy writers.
Edited by Ocean, May 31 2014, 08:27 AM.

justforfun

The storyline is stupid. There are other ways to split people up. I'm really tired of watching the same scenes over and over with these 2, and now they are going to fight "over Theresa"? Boo writers!!! You can do better!

phloe3

I read the article. EM basically said Brady is with Teresa because she enables him and wasn't around the stuff with Kristin
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

justforfun
May 31 2014, 08:02 AM
The storyline is stupid. There are other ways to split people up. I'm really tired of watching the same scenes over and over with these 2, and now they are going to fight "over Theresa"? Boo writers!!! You can do better!
I'm tired of it too. I'm especially tired of Brady not forgiving his dad. This storyline has dragged on longer than any of the other ones, months. Resolve it already. I wish Brady would at least tolerate him if he's not going to forgive him. Brady isn't even being civil towards him. He's just like screw you. I'm not talking to you dad.

concerned
Member Avatar

deVour
May 30 2014, 05:55 AM
Didn't John already offer Theresa a job to get her away from Brady? Gotta give DAYS credit, they saved themselves a bundle, they just had to dig out the old script, same characters, same dialog. Or even cheaper better, just replay the original scene. Would anyone really care?
Oh great does that mean John's next big plan is to sleep with Jeannie Theresa.

concerned
Member Avatar

Honeybees
May 30 2014, 06:39 AM
As near as I can see Brady is responsible for Brady's behavior. Theresa shares some of his issues/love of booze and drugs, sure. However, why is she the "bad guy" when we've not seen her dragging him kicking and screaming into her bed. Why is Theresa the problem? Unless of course she's a "bitch" and this forty year old alcoholic and drug addict is her poor innocent victim.

If you ever go to an alanon meeting (for families of alcoholics and drug addicts), they tell you that you can't blame the co-dependent significant other for your love one's problems. The addict is solely to blame and solely responsible for getting away from people who are unhealthy to be around. They'll also tell you that pouring out booze is a waste of money. The addict will just get pissed and get more.
I don't get the feeling that Brady is blaming Theresa for his state.

He's messed up and he's happy to have company.

phloe3

Brady isn't blaming Teresa. EM says whenever John starts in with Brady, he goes off and gets closer to Teresa which sounds like he's rebelling

nananana7
Member Avatar

phloe3
May 31 2014, 02:44 PM
I read the article. EM basically said Brady is with Teresa because she enables him and wasn't around the stuff with Kristin

Thanks, phloe!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

phloe3
May 31 2014, 04:02 PM
Brady isn't blaming Teresa. EM says whenever John starts in with Brady, he goes off and gets closer to Teresa which sounds like he's rebelling
LOL, what middle aged man (EM is 42 so I must believe Brady is middle aged) is with a woman just to piss off his daddy? Grow the F*CK up, you loser.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

james0479
May 30 2014, 07:46 AM
What's also irritating about this is the fact it's NOT a story. Brady is fucking around with a girl who basically doesn't do anything but party and talk. John doesn't like his son being around her so every two weeks he says so, Brady responds in anger and then it happens all over again. It's two people disagreeing over something that nobody has any reason to care about. There's no storyline here!
Just like Dannifer

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
May 30 2014, 11:32 AM
Yoryla
May 30 2014, 10:24 AM
lysie
May 30 2014, 12:39 AM
It's frustrating. It's frustrating because both Brady and John are acting ridiculously, and neither is rootable. It's annoying that John treats Brady like a fourth grader and it's annoying that Brady acts like a fourth grader. Meanwhile, I wasn't aware Marlena treated him like anything, and the last I saw of them even acknowledging each other (which was months ago unless Marlena mentioning him to John counts), they were getting along again.
And one thing that has been particularly obvious in all this is: Exactly as you said, Marlena was all about Brady and protecting him last year when he was with Kristen. When in the world have they now had scenes after the wedding? I mean really? I not only do not remember them having next to no scenes at all, Marlena doesn't even talk about him. And what's even more glaring, probably, is that last year they tried to portray Sami and Brady as these "yeah we've always been so close" -type of siblings. And Sami was supposedly *so* much looking after him and so protective (which I never bought anyway) And, yet again, after the wedding, where in the hell has she been in Brady's life??? Have they even has scenes? I don't remember her mentioning him except that one time with a throwaway line to Eric last week. That level of hypocrisy and so called caring and how it seizes to just simply exists is astonishing, especially since both of these people were just really all about Kristen. Once she left, so did their interest.
They don't need to show Brady with his actual family because he has Maggie now.
Can they declare Maggie everyone's mom and get it over with.

Lady Evol

phloe3
Yeah but everyone else in Salem is. They're running around acting like she's poison- were they even this concerned when he was with Kristen? If my 20 something daughter was dating a much older former drug addict with a string of dead fiancées, I'd be pretty concerned. But even the Brady's are warning brady that she's trouble.

It's bullshit. This is the worst story going at the moment, IMO. Not one believable character. Maybe if they would have fleshed Theresa into an actual character and not a desperate teenager stereotype...

lysie
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Jun 1 2014, 09:10 PM
phloe3
Yeah but everyone else in Salem is. They're running around acting like she's poison- were they even this concerned when he was with Kristen? If my 20 something daughter was dating a much older former drug addict with a string of dead fiancées, I'd be pretty concerned. But even the Brady's are warning brady that she's trouble.

It's bullshit. This is the worst story going at the moment, IMO. Not one believable character. Maybe if they would have fleshed Theresa into an actual character and not a desperate teenager stereotype...
I agree. Brady is clearly the more severe addict. If anyone in the relationship needs to be warned away/protected, it's Theresa.

KMan101
Member Avatar

LOL Eric Martsolf? Really? Maybe if Brady didn't actually come off like a 4 year old who wants to get his way, he wouldn't be treated as such. John doesn't look any better.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Jun 1 2014, 09:10 PM
phloe3

I agree! I wish someone would say to Theresa that she should stay away from Brady:
a) because it's a bad idea for the two of them to get together considering they're both dealing with addiction.
b) he's much older than her and is clearly troubled and still in need of growing up.

I wish cousin Eric or aunt Kayla would warn Theresa about the pitfalls of getting involved with Brady. Instead, she's the one who's trouble and everyone is trying to save Brady from her bad influence.

I want Marlena to take Theresa under her wings and to guide her. Is that too much to ask?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply